REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #76
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
I parked at a Denny's parking lot. It was mid day, the lot was almost empty except some cars. I went to subway which was literally less than 20 feet away.

I come back 15 minutes later to have a DIAMOND PARKING ticket on my windshield.

notes:
"Vehicle parked in restricted or no parking area".
- Vehicle photos on file
- Plate not registered

What do you guys think of this case. Couldn't I have just left my car there for 15 min and go into Denny's and buy something. I could have but didn't.
Nope. Once you're no longer a patron of Denny's they can tow/ticket you. That area is a high traffic area and Denny's pays premium for that property for their CUSTOMERS to park there. Imagine if they were busy and had ONE spot left and you decided to park there for 15 mins. Then the rest of their customers either pay parking or just go elsewhere to eat. Why should a non patron benefit? Imagine if someone in your area has a house party and theres no more parking left and decided to park in your driveway for awhile. Although I totally understand how hard it is to find parking sometimes (I try and avoid places that are troublesome to find parking), but also understand how it feels to have people take up my parking.

We have a small parking lot (4 designated) at our shop and people ALWAYS park there for their court cases. They have no regard for our limited parking. Then our customers either park illegally or pay parking. When we have no spots left, we just box them in. Then when they try to leave they can't for awhile because we'll BS and say the guy walked off to grab coffee. One guy got smart and hopped the curb. There will be ones that come in and offer to pay, or at least ask. If we actually have parking available we usually just let them park for free. I just hate the sneaky assholes that look around after they park, they knowwwww they're doing something wrong and they continue to do it. Fuckers.

"Apparently" you can ignore DPS tickets because they can't mess with your credit if you don't pay. But if you don't pay it and keep the same plate, they'll tow your car. I don't know if it's changed.
Advertisement
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com

Last edited by Cman333; 11-05-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #77
RS controls my life!

I agree that the parking guy was an idiot, but stupid laws cause situations like this. I hate the new cell phone law! People try and do the right thing by pulling over to answer a cell phone, but a cell phone call doesn't warrant pulling over to the side of the street and not paying for parking. I agree that the parking attendant should not of given you a ticket, but he was following the law. That's what happens when the government implements stupid new laws like the cell phone ban it generates more stupidity!!!!
But yeah you should of just told the parking guy you are getting some change for the meter then drive away and laugh at him