REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-25-2021, 02:10 AM   #12201
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
So out of the loop now a days. Didn't realize the Michelin Premier's are gone.

Toyota RAV4 - which tire would you recommend?
- Michelin Primacy 4
- Michelin CrossClimate2
- Michelin - Primacy MXM4 (temporary OOS)

Not interested in Bridgestone Dueler / 422's. Costco doesn't seem to carry the Sport A/S3+ nor Defenders anymore.
Advertisement
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:33 AM   #12202
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
I believe my parents' Sienna is running Primacy MXM4 but they got it a while ago. Seems ok for daily driving in all four seasons. Sucks when the snow turns into ice or slush, but that's any car or tire. My dad is running on probably the last run of the Premiers for his RX300 and he was just bitching about it the other day (coincidentally) how he can't get them anymore.

Surprised Costco doesn't sell the Sport AS/3+!
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:46 PM   #12203
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,021 Posts
I thought A/S3+ are out of production and it's A/S4 now.

Either ways good luck finding A/S4 though.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 05:38 PM   #12204
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,399 Times in 396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I believe my parents' Sienna is running Primacy MXM4 but they got it a while ago. Seems ok for daily driving in all four seasons. Sucks when the snow turns into ice or slush, but that's any car or tire. My dad is running on probably the last run of the Premiers for his RX300 and he was just bitching about it the other day (coincidentally) how he can't get them anymore.

Surprised Costco doesn't sell the Sport AS/3+!
The thread life on the Premiers' been pretty bad, not sure the km but definitely less than 3 years. And we been barely driving for the past year too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
I thought A/S3+ are out of production and it's A/S4 now.

Either ways good luck finding A/S4 though.
Yeah don't think they carry the A/S4 yet, and the size I need justt showed up as 'New' on Michelin's website.

Not sure if I should just go for the CrossClimate2? Paging @320icar
v_tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:57 AM   #12205
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
OMFG! I can't believe that came out of me. What in the blazes of hell did I eat? Flatus of the most intense variety. I mean it lingered for what seemed like hours. It was thick. Hovered like fog on an autumn morning. On the Scoville Scale, it would be 20, 000, 000; Richter Scale an 8.9; Jedi Midichlorian count of 25, 000; etc...........

I swear the walls changed colour and I found a dying moth on the floor.

Kind of reminded me of this..........

Anyway............... thought I'd break up all the negativity as of late.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:07 AM   #12206
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
OMFG! I can't believe that came out of me. What in the blazes of hell did I eat? Flatus of the most intense variety. I mean it lingered for what seemed like hours. It was thick. Hovered like fog on an autumn morning. On the Scoville Scale, it would be 20, 000, 000; Richter Scale an 8.9; Jedi Midichlorian count of 25, 000; etc...........

I swear the walls changed colour and I found a dying moth on the floor.

Kind of reminded me of this..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqRfF58MyJk

Anyway............... thought I'd break up all the negativity as of late.

Did you light a match to see if you would get any flame? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #12207
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Car got into a front driver side accident around 6 weeks ago. Car was towed to the shop and battery was dead on arrival. All is good, car is repaired and I pick it up on August 11.

Tried to start it on Sunday (22nd) and the battery was dead. Jump started it and all is fine. Drove it around for a little bit and the battery was recharged enough to be started again. Thinking it might be my dashcam (although I've had the same setup for almost two years), I unplugged it thinking it couldn't hurt.

Tried starting it yesterday afternoon and the battery was dead again. Didn't have a jump start kit so I just left it the way it was and figured I'd deal with it tomorrow.

Around 9PM, went to throw out the trash and noticed the corners of both tail lights were on. Stepped on the brakes and the full tail lights came on and I guess after stepping on it a few times it stopped. Can't tell if it was like that from the brake pedal being stuck or something from when I got into the car earlier. Either way, dashboard is completely dead and I can't even lock/unlock the car remotely at this point.

Picture of tail lights - https://imgur.com/a/tbW2Hpz

Thoughts on what could be causing what seems to be a parasitic drain? Shop thinks its the battery and will call ICBC to authorize a new work order, but I think it might be something electrical because of the tail light thing. Shop thinks it might just be as simple as me forgetting to turn off the car lights, but my lights are almost always on auto (it was when I got into the car) and it would only be applicable to the head lights.

From what I can see on the work order and without getting too specific, they replaced the front bumper, front grille, front combination lamp, and miscellaneous realignment.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:59 AM   #12208
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,408 Times in 5,094 Posts
Yah dead battery doesn’t make the exterior lights ghost themselves on
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:10 AM   #12209
in the butt

Thanked 3,217 Times in 1,181 Posts
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-acura-nsx-11/

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:19 AM   #12210
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,408 Times in 5,094 Posts
That one is CHEAP for a fixed headlight… but it’s because it has a lengthy ownership history and a few accidents.

The real cryer is the Monaco Blue 2000 that might hit close to $200,000 hahaha ridiculous
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:21 AM   #12211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
Car got into a front driver side accident around 6 weeks ago. Car was towed to the shop and battery was dead on arrival. All is good, car is repaired and I pick it up on August 11.

Tried to start it on Sunday (22nd) and the battery was dead. Jump started it and all is fine. Drove it around for a little bit and the battery was recharged enough to be started again. Thinking it might be my dashcam (although I've had the same setup for almost two years), I unplugged it thinking it couldn't hurt.

Tried starting it yesterday afternoon and the battery was dead again. Didn't have a jump start kit so I just left it the way it was and figured I'd deal with it tomorrow.

Around 9PM, went to throw out the trash and noticed the corners of both tail lights were on. Stepped on the brakes and the full tail lights came on and I guess after stepping on it a few times it stopped. Can't tell if it was like that from the brake pedal being stuck or something from when I got into the car earlier. Either way, dashboard is completely dead and I can't even lock/unlock the car remotely at this point.

Picture of tail lights - https://imgur.com/a/tbW2Hpz

Thoughts on what could be causing what seems to be a parasitic drain? Shop thinks its the battery and will call ICBC to authorize a new work order, but I think it might be something electrical because of the tail light thing. Shop thinks it might just be as simple as me forgetting to turn off the car lights, but my lights are almost always on auto (it was when I got into the car) and it would only be applicable to the head lights.

From what I can see on the work order and without getting too specific, they replaced the front bumper, front grille, front combination lamp, and miscellaneous realignment.
Not sure if the system they use is still the same, or if the battery is still as undersized, but.....

I was looking at the 2nd gen Mazdaspeed 3 when they were new, and the dealer told me that the car needs to be driven regularly otherwise the battery would die after a month or 2 of sitting dormant.

This is because of the proximity key system and it's constant drain on the battery checking if the key is around. The proximity key is standard on the 2nd gen MS3 in Canada.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:26 AM   #12212
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,191 Times in 481 Posts
I'd start with fixing the battery (either replace or give it a proper charge) and checking for blown fuses.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:44 AM   #12213
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
Shop thinks it might just be as simple as me forgetting to turn off the car lights, but my lights are almost always on auto (it was when I got into the car) and it would only be applicable to the head lights.
Auto lights should turn on the taillights too, otherwise it'd be pretty useless.

It sounds like some wiring got damaged in the accident and is backfeeding somewhere. Where does the auto-light sensor live on that car?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:53 AM   #12214
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Auto lights should turn on the taillights too, otherwise it'd be pretty useless.

It sounds like some wiring got damaged in the accident and is backfeeding somewhere. Where does the auto-light sensor live on that car?
Forgot to mention, but it's a 2019 Mazda 3 Hatch.

I think EvoFire could tell from the picture. GS trim, so no proximity sensor. Car never had battery issues until the accident. Even when I only drove it once or twice a month it was fine.

Light sensor is on the front windshield near the top center. No damage there.

I'm imagining it truly is an electrical issue at this point. Will just press the matter with the shop to have them take a look at it when they call me back.

Was kind of hoping it'd be something obvious that I could tackle on myself, but might be outside my DIY scope.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 08-26-2021, 01:28 PM   #12215
in the butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
That one is CHEAP for a fixed headlight… but it’s because it has a lengthy ownership history and a few accidents.

The real cryer is the Monaco Blue 2000 that might hit close to $200,000 hahaha ridiculous
130k usd end price on orange, my god
Orange is my fave, even over the blue

Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
Old 08-26-2021, 06:45 PM   #12216
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Forgot to mention, but it's a 2019 Mazda 3 Hatch.

I think EvoFire could tell from the picture. GS trim, so no proximity sensor. Car never had battery issues until the accident. Even when I only drove it once or twice a month it was fine.

Light sensor is on the front windshield near the top center. No damage there.

I'm imagining it truly is an electrical issue at this point. Will just press the matter with the shop to have them take a look at it when they call me back.

Was kind of hoping it'd be something obvious that I could tackle on myself, but might be outside my DIY scope.
Oh there is a recall for the battery issue on the 2019 mazda 3. you might want to call the dealer to get the issue fixed.
I had my car fixed under warranty since my battery kept dying as well a couple of months ago. i'll look for the repair report i got when i get home to see which recall it was.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:04 PM   #12217
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
Oh there is a recall for the battery issue on the 2019 mazda 3. you might want to call the dealer to get the issue fixed.
I had my car fixed under warranty since my battery kept dying as well a couple of months ago. i'll look for the repair report i got when i get home to see which recall it was.
I think I received the notice for that one and took my car in to get reprogrammed back in May.

https://www.mazda3revolution.com/att...c5-pdf.281092/

Taking a look at my invoice from the dealership, it says

"SSPC5 CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING - WITH RECALL
4621B .1HRS PROCESS B - NOT EFFECTIVE BY RECALL 4621B
MAZDA3 CX30 0.3HRS PROCESS C

2236 0.30
MULTIPLE MODULES NEED REPROG
HOOKED UP MDRT TO REPROG, REPROG OK, NO CODES
CONCERN CORRECTED"
Old 08-27-2021, 08:30 AM   #12218
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
not sure anyone uses paypal anymore, but i'm sure a lot of us have an account. saw this on RFD recently. appears to only affect people with funds in the account itself.

https://www.redflagdeals.com/latest-...ty-fee-canada/

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2021, 09:59 AM   #12219
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Good thing I started to use my account after I discovered close to $500.00 in my account. Apparently, some money sent to me that I had forgotten about. Good for another year, I guess. I just used a small amount of it two weeks ago.

Time to clear it out. I got the change emailed to me, but who the hell reads those small print, legal things, Gulolow.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 10:03 AM   #12220
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Gladly shut my PayPal account down. They sided with a scammer who screwed me over on a condo rental in Vegas. Don’t know why I didn’t do it back then lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2021, 10:26 AM   #12221

I worked for Paypal, bunch of lying assholes, don't trust them. Their policies are also wildly skewed towards the seller.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2021, 02:17 PM   #12222
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,907 Times in 3,870 Posts
They recently bumped up their rate for currency conversion too.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 04:21 PM   #12223
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
I think I received the notice for that one and took my car in to get reprogrammed back in May.

https://www.mazda3revolution.com/att...c5-pdf.281092/

Taking a look at my invoice from the dealership, it says

"SSPC5 CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING - WITH RECALL
4621B .1HRS PROCESS B - NOT EFFECTIVE BY RECALL 4621B
MAZDA3 CX30 0.3HRS PROCESS C

2236 0.30
MULTIPLE MODULES NEED REPROG
HOOKED UP MDRT TO REPROG, REPROG OK, NO CODES
CONCERN CORRECTED"

The SSPC5 should be the one. not sure if they replaced your battery as well as my was replaced under warranty as well.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 05:32 PM   #12224
in the butt

Sure enough, my account is still active from a decade ago, cant even recall the last time i got an email from them.
Closed.

InB4 this is brought up in 6 years when someone gets a bill for 120$ "due" and a mass suit is started.

Old 08-28-2021, 08:00 AM   #12225
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
i didn't read the nitty gritty, but the RFD'rs were talking and mentioning it's only for accounts with funds in them (not sure who would have funds in it and not just tied to a credit card).

maybe they ran an algorithm on inactive accounts with $ in it and found a way to weeze it with no one noticing

but ya i think technology and credit card security has advanced to the point people don't need to hide behind a paypal anymore.

though you could make 1 transaction a year and be "ok".
just buy a $1 item off ebay a year

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote