REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-28-2021, 05:31 PM   #12326
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
That’s a really good idea actually cuz they’re stackable units I can only imagine they’re running the dryer at the same time and that’s gonna be pouring heat out too. How complicated are those to use???
I wouldn’t know for sure but imagine it’s an all on one unit you just point and shoot with. I was told they were expensive to rent so would suspect that part of the cost would be due to the ease of use.

Are you on the island or am I confusing you with Great68? If you’re in Richmond maybe we try mine before you spend money. I’d test it at my place first to see if I could see my appliances running through walls. Might be fun to try actually.
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2021, 05:49 PM   #12327
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
First of all, "making money" means mothing if the company is drowning in debt or otherwise mismanaged. The fact that they're laying people off while "making money" means that they are likely looking for buyers by making the books more attractive.

Secondly, from the way you're saying things you're not part of management, which means you have no idea if the company is actually profitable from "making money".

What you're describing is textbook mismanagement, and you're very likely on a sinking ship. Hell, even if not, I would not want to work in such an environment and given how you called management idiots, sounds like you don't want to either. Start updating that resume.
First off, I prepare the $ books for management. So I see exactly all the numbers.

Secondly, they are consolidating the work outsourcing it. This is where I don't understand what they are trying to do when they tell us, do the fucking work faster so we can finish it faster. How is shrinking the team and sending work to somewhere where they don't know what the fuck is going on. Sure work outsourcing saves money, that really works for like repetitive tasks. When it comes to analyzing and resolving issues, they don't know jack as they have no clue about the company.

It's so misleading when its earning money, but slashing the team and want work done faster. Make money with least amount of resources done in the shortest time possible (this indeed spells disaster as you mentioned). So they are fucking idiots LOL.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:58 PM   #12328
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,165 Times in 7,156 Posts
That's unchecked capitalism for you. Exploit people for profit until you overstep the exploitation boundaries, then take one step back when it all starts to crumble. Or don't and just crumble.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:32 PM   #12329
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
I wouldn’t know for sure but imagine it’s an all on one unit you just point and shoot with. I was told they were expensive to rent so would suspect that part of the cost would be due to the ease of use.

Are you on the island or am I confusing you with Great68? If you’re in Richmond maybe we try mine before you spend money. I’d test it at my place first to see if I could see my appliances running through walls. Might be fun to try actually.
I am in Richmond haha... Great68 used to live in Richmond but he's on the island now
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:37 PM   #12330
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
That's unchecked capitalism for you. Exploit people for profit until you overstep the exploitation boundaries, then take one step back when it all starts to crumble. Or don't and just crumble.
This sort of reminds me of a question I asked a coworker about whether billionaires should exist. He was saying how if you come up and create a good company that you should be able to earn as much money as you want. If this makes you a billionaire then it's fine.

I was on the side that you never become a billionaire without exploiting and taking advantage of those that work for you and that it is morally reprehensible to look up to these people let alone have them exist.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2021, 07:53 PM   #12331
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,433 Times in 5,107 Posts
^ You missed out on the millionaires going to space thread
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:42 PM   #12332
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
That’s a really good idea actually cuz they’re stackable units I can only imagine they’re running the dryer at the same time and that’s gonna be pouring heat out too. How complicated are those to use???
Do the units have dryer outlets or electric meters in an area you can get to? Only one should be putting out steam or have a meter going up a lot faster than the others.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:06 PM   #12333
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Fresh hop beer season is upon us. Picked up some driftwood Sartori IPA yesterday.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2021, 01:49 PM   #12334
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,763 Posts
Going to have to stop by Driftwood and fill a growler for this weekend and check out their new digs.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 03:05 PM   #12335
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
One winning ticket sold in B.C. for Tuesday's $70 million Lotto Max jackpot

Well shiet. Which one of you is it? Do we all get a free car?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:58 AM   #12336
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
decent thermal cam guns like FLIR or Fluke are basically point and shoot, the import thing to keep in mind is the baseline ambient temperature.

you'll see pics like predator and if you see 'red' or 'blue' that may appear hot or cold, just gotta see what temp swing of said red/blue to know if you're actually detecting heat.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2021, 11:19 AM   #12337
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,747 Times in 699 Posts
Has anyone upgraded their electrical panel form 100amps to 200amps?

I'm considering doing this in the near future because I'm hoping to get an electric car soon and our current panel is pretty maxed out.

I'm just wondering what the process is and how strict the city inspector is? We have an unauthorized suite with a stove and the main panel is in the unauthorized suite. Someone told me that having a stove in the suite is a big no no and because of that the electrical inspector will not be happy about it.

Any thoughts?
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 11:29 AM   #12338
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,325 Times in 5,641 Posts
Does your power come off the mid-span of the line or is it from a pole?

Going from 100 to 200 may not even be possible in a lot of situations and I would think you almost certainly need to get hydro involved. It wouldn’t just be a matter of having an electrician doing it
Old 10-03-2021, 11:44 AM   #12339
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 10-03-2021 at 12:45 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 12:53 PM   #12340
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
Has anyone upgraded their electrical panel form 100amps to 200amps?

I'm considering doing this in the near future because I'm hoping to get an electric car soon and our current panel is pretty maxed out.

I'm just wondering what the process is and how strict the city inspector is? We have an unauthorized suite with a stove and the main panel is in the unauthorized suite. Someone told me that having a stove in the suite is a big no no and because of that the electrical inspector will not be happy about it.

Any thoughts?
We did a 100-->400amp upgrade (technically 2x200amp as it's cheaper going this route). Mainly because the panel was loaded as is, we needed EV charging (2x) and setup a workshop in the garage for soldering/woodworking and whatnot.

Just need a competent electrician who help you navigate through the process, especially dealing with BCHydro. But call BCHydro FIRST to see if your address has enough capacity to accommodate the upgrade. It's a first-come, first-served situation. I was able to do it, while my friend wasn't so lucky as his neighborhood was more dense and already maxed out.

But all in all, it's quite simple. The electrician will give you a quote about what needs to be done/replaced and then they submit the upgrade application to BCHydro (there's a separate fee for that, check BCHydro for rebates). BCHydro will call to harras you about why you need so much power (at least in my case, as 400amp service is rare for residential setting), they were actually quite serious on this and you need to justify it. My guess is to prevent any grow-up operation.

It wasn't a cheap endeavor. But it's nice to know that we have everything we need with room to spare to grow in the future. And I think as a homeowner, with the whole market shifting toward EV, house that's EV ready vs. one that's not would most likely mean that you'd be able to recover the investment down the road.
Old 10-03-2021, 01:03 PM   #12341
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
if i was an electrician i wouldn't want to work 'live', but i'm not a cowboy, so unless you have a main disconnect, you need hydro to do a power shutdown.

if you have the new panel installed before hand it can be switched over during the shut down so you pay for 1 trip vs 2 with hydro technician visits

regardless, the service to your home needs to be sized to accommodate 200a panel. if not, i believe you're on the hook for any infrastructure upgrades to go from 100a to 200a. depending on what's needed on hydro's end, that can be expensive for you. something to be aware of when budgeting upgrading the service to your home in addition to whatever the electrician does for you, if the electrician doesn't flag this to you.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 01:23 PM   #12342
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

For one instance, house was 70 A and insurance wouldn’t cover and wanted min 100 A
So we were like ok, might as well upgrade to 200 A.
Told BC Hydro insurance required upgrade, and no questions asked
Old 10-03-2021, 02:56 PM   #12343
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
if i was an electrician i wouldn't want to work 'live', but i'm not a cowboy, so unless you have a main disconnect, you need hydro to do a power shutdown.

if you have the new panel installed before hand it can be switched over during the shut down so you pay for 1 trip vs 2 with hydro technician visits

regardless, the service to your home needs to be sized to accommodate 200a panel. if not, i believe you're on the hook for any infrastructure upgrades to go from 100a to 200a. depending on what's needed on hydro's end, that can be expensive for you. something to be aware of when budgeting upgrading the service to your home in addition to whatever the electrician does for you, if the electrician doesn't flag this to you.
For residential services within most metro areas, the fee BC Hydro charges is fixed.

You can see them here:
https://app.bchydro.com/accounts-bil...rges-fees.html
Old 10-03-2021, 07:06 PM   #12344

Any recommendation for a decent wireless outdoor security camera? Looking to get one for GF dad birthday gift. Not trying to break the bank either, $50-100 budget.
Old 10-04-2021, 08:46 AM   #12345
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,747 Times in 699 Posts
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll give BC Hydro a call to see if 200a is available in my area.
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:06 AM   #12346
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Any recommendation for a decent wireless outdoor security camera? Looking to get one for GF dad birthday gift. Not trying to break the bank either, $50-100 budget.
https://www.amazon.ca/Outdoor-Starte.../dp/B08FFJWQY1
fml
roastpuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:42 AM   #12347

Thanked 6,696 Times in 1,625 Posts
^Second for wyze, excellent bang/buck, and a bit more peace of mind than the sea of chinese crap online where every video is fed through a server in china.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:20 AM   #12348
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
^ Third for Wyze. Affordable and works well. For security cams, you're really buying the software/usability, as the actual hardware (camera quality, wifi radio, infrared sensor, etc) are cheap.

We actually just use the WyzeCam V3 outside (it's covered and has wifi access), and it works great, didn't need the whole outdoor package in our case.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:15 PM   #12349
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
^ fourth for Wyze. Have their sensor pack and like 5 V1s.

Will be upgrading to V3s this fall and probably grab a pan V2.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:25 PM   #12350

I've personally being using Wyze V2, I thought about the V3 initially to get GF dad for birthday gift (but wasn't sure about the outdoor weather effect) as I recall these being indoors.