REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-09-2022, 08:20 AM   #15001
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
-sad to see another restaurant closing down.

One of my favorites. Martini's is closing permanently as of December 22nd.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/f...oadway-6217853

A 52 year old family owned business is shutting down for good.
Advertisement
Old 12-09-2022, 09:13 AM   #15002
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Has anyone ever come across a situation where you order something from Amazon and to find the package doesn't have the original factory shrink wrap and the product is missing inside?

For context, I ordered a pair of the Microsoft Surface Earbuds on Amazon.com during Cyber Monday while I was in the US. The shipment arrives, I open it up to find that the original shrink wrap was not present and the entire case and earbuds were missing.

I filed this to Amazon and went through the questions and got a return authorization with no option for them to replace it other than a refund. Curious to see how this panned out for those of you who has dealt with this before. Thanks in advance.
Was it shipped and sold by Amazon, and was it an open box and/or was the Amazon packaging tampered?

It's can be dicey if the item is sold by a 3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon. The worst I've seen so far is the seller packing a thank you note inside a box with by a promise that the actual item will be fulfilled soon. It was kind of sketchy but the seller followed through in the end.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2022, 09:23 AM   #15003
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone ever come across a situation where you order something from Amazon and to find the package doesn't have the original factory shrink wrap and the product is missing inside?

For context, I ordered a pair of the Microsoft Surface Earbuds on Amazon.com during Cyber Monday while I was in the US. The shipment arrives, I open it up to find that the original shrink wrap was not present and the entire case and earbuds were missing.

I filed this to Amazon and went through the questions and got a return authorization with no option for them to replace it other than a refund. Curious to see how this panned out for those of you who has dealt with this before. Thanks in advance.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ama...urns-1.6669601 at least you got a refund
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2022, 09:30 AM   #15004
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,509 Times in 4,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeonboy View Post
Was it shipped and sold by Amazon, and was it an open box and/or was the Amazon packaging tampered?

It's can be dicey if the item is sold by a 3rd party seller but fulfilled by Amazon. The worst I've seen so far is the seller packing a thank you note inside a box with by a promise that the actual item will be fulfilled soon. It was kind of sketchy but the seller followed through in the end.
It was shipped and sold by Amazon and it was not an open box item. The Amazon packaging was not tampered with. I ordered a Microsoft Surface Duo which was perfectly intact with the factory shrink wrap and everything. It was just the Surface Earbuds that was tampered with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
I think it's too early to say whether I will get a refund or not. I've dropped off the return to UPS and has yet been received by Amazon. That is a crappy situation regardless.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:11 AM   #15005
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
Quote:
It was shipped and sold by Amazon and it was not an open box item. The Amazon packaging was not tampered with. I ordered a Microsoft Surface Duo which was perfectly intact with the factory shrink wrap and everything. It was just the Surface Earbuds that was tampered with.

I think it's too early to say whether I will get a refund or not. I've dropped off the return to UPS and has yet been received by Amazon. That is a crappy situation regardless.
the buds are shit

i have them

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2022, 10:36 AM   #15006
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
the buds are shit

i have them
Wait, what?

I know a few people who have them and they really like them and audio quality/comfort has been A+ for them hence why I decided to order a pair.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 12-09-2022, 10:37 AM   #15007
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
its the ear mold

it either works or it doesn't

they made it for white people ears so us asians its hit or miss

my left ear is bigger than my right so I can't seem to get a good fit

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #15008
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
wait... White people have different ear holes compared to Asians? Interesting, I was unaware of those. I mean how different can ear holes be LOL
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #15009
RS Veteran

Thanks, yray. That helps.

I've had issues with different brands of earbuds. The folks I know who have it and like it are, purely by chance, are white. LOL!

Old 12-09-2022, 11:07 AM   #15010
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,385 Times in 1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
wait... White people have different ear holes compared to Asians? Interesting, I was unaware of those. I mean how different can ear holes be LOL
Sunglasses too! People's faces are just built differently. But when the default mold is a generic white guy/girl then all other ethnicities are left with misfitting clothes accessories

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 11:41 AM   #15011
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
Sunglasses too! People's faces are just built differently. But when the default mold is a generic white guy/girl then all other ethnicities are left with misfitting clothes accessories
Glasses as well. I was shopping for Ray Bans with fixed nose bridges and was told they make a version with a larger nose bridge for the Asian market because statistically, their noses are smaller.
radeonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 12:21 PM   #15012
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Wrong thread. EDIT: Right thread............ just took too long to send reply, gulolol.

Quote:
I suspect carriers and drivers are going in and grabbing the contents.

While on the subject of Amazon, I ordered a Lisle Battery Carrier. Three attempts before I finally got one. Starts off in Richmond, then shows up in Ontario then Alberta to drop off the face of the planet. I called them and they kept sending one and crediting my account. A month after I received a replacement, the original "returned" and missing one shows up, but not really. They don't have the time to investigate.

BTW, the Lisle battery carrier is awesome. I was trying to get a battery out of a Smart Car. Almost impossible to get out, even with the built in handle. This thing makes it so easy to do. Too bad it showed up a few days late. Busted knuckles, scrapes and scars, and a whole lot of cussing, I did manage to get the darn thing out. I had my doubts about the thing, but it really makes carrying batteries around simple. I have batteries in my trailers for audio systems and whatnot. Need to drag them out for maintenance and replacing. So much easier. Made in USA.

https://www.lislecorp.com/specialty-...attery-carrier
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 12-09-2022 at 12:43 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 12:47 PM   #15013
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
Quote:
we have 2 holes instead of the usual 1. its nice it's like having stereo sound in each ear.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-10-2022, 12:04 PM   #15014
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,820 Times in 2,505 Posts
Quote:
not all holes the same

on a serious note, i prefer the half in-ear style vs the ones with the rubber tips that go all in, they fit better.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #15015
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:

Never un my hundreds of purchases though I've never bought an open box item. My neighbour did however buy a smart lock via their open box section and the same thing happened, empty box but they were good to offer à refund + à discount.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 04:52 PM   #15016
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,711 Times in 3,134 Posts
Found some weird shit on etsy. What an interesting site

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1251...search_click=1

Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2022, 06:55 PM   #15017
MG1

Quote:
Thanks, yray. That helps.

I've had issues with different brands of earbuds. The folks I know who have it and like it are, purely by chance, are white. LOL!
https://headphonebar.com/products/ca...audio-solstice

You could be white, yellow, black, alien........... molded to fit you is best.

People spend thousands on coffee makers, this is nothing compared to that realm.

Last edited by MG1; 12-10-2022 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2022, 07:23 PM   #15018
in the butt

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,184 Posts
The reason people can't buy a condo in Vancouver is because they buy a thousand dollar coffee maker

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2022, 01:12 AM   #15019
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Never un my hundreds of purchases though I've never bought an open box item. My neighbour did however buy a smart lock via their open box section and the same thing happened, empty box but they were good to offer à refund + à discount.
The item I purchased is not an open box item. It was supposed to be brand new, in box, with the factory shrink wrap intact. When I opened up the Amazon box, I found the item I ordered was already opened.

This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2022, 01:35 AM   #15020
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:

Yes I've had that happen with a motherboard

I've also read that happening with other ppl on Amazon, sounds like they had a string of customer/employee thefts, this was during the beginning of the year or last year

I've also had clearly returned items sent to me as new.

Amazon is pretty liberal with returns though especially if you're a frequent/longterm customer
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2022, 01:41 AM   #15021
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Wait, what?

I know a few people who have them and they really like them and audio quality/comfort has been A+ for them hence why I decided to order a pair.
Go with Sonys WF's even the first gen ones are godly (tho 1st r chunky)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 04:02 PM   #15022
MG1

So, had this weather station sitting in the living room, waiting to be put up. I got sick of looking at it, so installed it today. Relying on weather forecast is pretty unreliable. Even when the weather is reported to be whatever, whatever, it never is accurate for all locations in your municipality. I mean Burnaby is pretty large.

A few weeks ago, I had damage to the balcony/patio due to high winds. Even during the high winds, it was reported as 35 kmph with wind gusts up to 50. Bullshit, it was at least 65 outside with gusts in the 70's to 80's. If I had known it was going to be that windy, I would have battened down the hatches and rolled up the shades on the sides of the patio.

This weather station reports, in real time, the wind, the temperature, and the humidity remotely. I can see the info on my phone.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...SABEgLVLvD_BwE

Now that I know how these things work, I should have bought the more complicated/expensive models (wind direction, rain gauge, barometric, etc.). I can add or upgrade sensors at any time, so I guess the initial cost was good to get me into it.

https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/collections

There are way better systems out there made by other manufacturers, but for the average home owner, this is good enough. And the price point is good.

Old 12-11-2022, 04:12 PM   #15023
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
not all holes the same

on a serious note, i prefer the half in-ear style vs the ones with the rubber tips that go all in, they fit better.
Damn........... I needed some earbuds in a pinch, so I got me a cheap pair from Shoppers Drug Mart. I think I'm a black man............. at least a Jamaican, mun.

House of Marley - under $20.00.

They fit better than my AirPod Pro 2, AirPod 3rd gen, and the original AirPods.

Anyway, carry on carrying on.

Old 12-11-2022, 04:21 PM   #15024
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,736 Times in 813 Posts
who's good at this. I see a piece of camera equipment at KEH(web purchase) and it's listed there at $1000 US. I think they are physically located in Georgia state, if that matters.

what's this $1000 going to grow to once its at my door? obviously I know there's the dollar conversion, but after that it gets grey to me. taxes on both sides? duties, import fees? holy hell no idea.
Old 12-11-2022, 04:35 PM   #15025
MG1

If you ship to Blaine and bring it across yourself, you'd save the brokerage fees and courier cost. Declare it yourself and pay all duties and taxes. If the item is made in Mexico or the US, it's duty free. You just pay normal PST/GST taxes. If the company charges you state tax, then you have to pay for that, as well. Every state is different. There are shipping methods that include all fees. Costs more, but less hassles and will save you from doing all the extras. Have the company send you import/export papers. Yeah, it depends on the item. Whatever you do, don't say it is for a business. Personal use. I'm just spewing stuff out. Just to give you a broad idea as to what to expect. I kind of recall camera equipment as being not so bad as far as duties.............

I've purchased stuff from B&H Photo. Those guys are good. They know a lot about sending stuff to Canada for the least amount of money. I believe they have an agreement with some of the well known courier services. Quicker/cheaper ways of getting equipment into the hands of Canadians.

Last edited by MG1; 12-11-2022 at 04:40 PM.