REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-18-2023, 08:12 AM   #15351
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You can't honestly believe that wfh is good for business though. Are some people more efficient? I'm sure they are. Are most? I'm sure we can quantify that's a no. Private sector can do what they want without me caring. These are government employees, so really, everyone in here has a right to an opinion on it.
Based on what?
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 08:24 AM   #15352
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Underscore taking care of kids mid-work with rampant time theft “you’re just angry bro”
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2023, 08:51 AM   #15353
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,452 Times in 5,114 Posts
It’s a bit odd to take that stance, “time theft” as it were occurs in every industry. Just because you’re an employee of the government / your salary is paid through tax dollars doesn’t mean you need to be chained to a desk like some slave does it?

We’re all in the same boat, we’re all the ones working for someone and at the lower end of a totem pole to a certain extent… we should be on the same side. You guys sound like CEO’s when you say that lol… so yah take 5 minutes here and there to write back on whatsapp to someone or go for a smoke or whatever. Everyone does it.

Like I mentioned before, there are plenty of monitoring tools in place like any workplace. If anyone is miserable about the work/life balance or upset that they can’t take any breathers when they’re working, they should probably consider switching careers IF it bothers them enough that they care or wish they could do the same.

It’s give and take, sometimes you need half an hour for something, you give half an hour back at the end of the day or whatever. Are there some people who take and take and take? As with all facets of life — YES. Are most people honest though? I think so. At least from what I see.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 08:53 AM   #15354
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
I had to call CRA during covid time, and I get this warning that my call might not be secure because I'm talking to someone who is working from home. Then I hear what appears to be kids in the background ... not very professional. Go back to the office!
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 08:54 AM   #15355
Performance Moderator

^ Lol those stories were all over the place form literally every industry on the planet. That’s an individual issue. Tired trope.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 09:04 AM   #15356

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Underscore taking care of kids mid-work with rampant time theft “you’re just angry bro”
I'm just asking for a citation other than "pulled it out of my ass like an angry boomer" but nice job assuming how I operate.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 01-18-2023, 09:36 AM   #15357
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,169 Times in 7,158 Posts
I don't know anywhere that I've mentioned in against working from home. People should totally be able to do it. What people shouldn't get to do is be entitled to it if it wasn't discussed with their employer as being a long term thing.
Give and inch and people take a mile.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 09:51 AM   #15358
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,579 Times in 1,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Reports came out today that the recommended amount of alcohol consumption should be 2 or less drinks per week. Don't shoot the messenger
Had a normal checkup today and the doctor asked the standard "How many drinks a week do you have?" I told him "4-6", his eyes visibly bulged.

4-6 per week (most times less) is a large amount?

Damn.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 09:58 AM   #15359

Lol I'm like 3 a day lately. Need to cut back.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 10:09 AM   #15360

Thanked 4,004 Times in 1,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
^ Lol those stories were all over the place form literally every industry on the planet. That’s an individual issue. Tired trope.
Defensive and a bit triggered ... are we?

Some things require a higher level of security, I think CRA belongs to that tier. If I'm on the phone with Telus talking about my probs with them, it's a bit less confidential, surely you'd agree.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 10:44 AM   #15361
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Had a normal checkup today and the doctor asked the standard "How many drinks a week do you have?" I told him "4-6", his eyes visibly bulged.

Damn.
https://globalnews.ca/video/9417786/...nd%20Addiction.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 11:00 AM   #15362
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,191 Times in 2,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post

Damn.
Quote:
Lol I'm like 3 a day lately. Need to cut back.
I have been trying to cut back as well and am currently attempting dry January. I have done dry months a few times in the past successfully but did not find much impact one way or another, but I admit this time around I have had a few cheat days already.

I am not sure if it's due to age or just more self-awareness of my mental and physical state, I definitely see a big difference this time around. Mentally my anxiety is way lower on the days where I don't drink. Also having a fitbit, I can definitely tell a difference in my resting heart rate, sleep quality, and heart rate variability.

I have been testing out a wide variety non-alcoholic beers and beverages this month. In case anybody is interested, here are my thoughts:
  • Partake Brewing - Canadian company, their beers are very low calorically (10-20 cals per can), but flavor wise very thin and absolutely does not satisfy the feeling of drinking a beer. Good if you want to cut back on calories, go for the Stout.
  • Athletic Brewing - popular brand in the states, with investors like JJ Watt and Dave Chang. Beer is flavorful but still has that distinct sweetness of a near-beer. My go-to is the extra dark, since the sweet roasted flavors mask the sweetness.
  • Heineken 0.0 - This is one of the closest to the real-thing NA beers I've tried. If you don't pay attention, it could pass off as a real Heineken. Would recommend if you don't mind macro brewed lager. It is, however, expensive. Costs almost as much as the real beer, which feels kind of weird.
  • Budweiser Zero - Available cheap from costco, almost 1/3 the price of Heineken 0.0. Taste wise also one of the closest to real bud light. That is, if you're good with bland light beer. Lower calories at 50 per can too. Very chuggable. Good cheap way to satisfy.
  • Clausthaler Dry Hopped - Although the brand is available locally, I only found the well-reviewed 'dry hopped' version at Trader Joes in the US. I haven't tried their basic one, but the dry-hopped one is fantastic. Not only does it taste like real beer, it tastes like a GOOD real beer. Highest in calories though at 93 calories per can. Like a dildo without batteries, fills you up without the buzz.
  • Lagunitas Hoppy Refresher - Also only found in the US, not technically a beer but a sparking water infused with Hops. This shit is DELICIOUS. Refreshing with light sweetness, but zero calories. Dunno how they do it. Tastes like a gin and soda, or white wine spritzer. Would drink this regularly even outside of dry January

Also apparently in Europe athletes use Non-Alcoholic beer as a post-workout 'isotonic' energy drink, so there's that lol.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback

Last edited by sonick; 01-18-2023 at 11:21 AM.
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 11:06 AM   #15363
in the butt

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,184 Posts
Dry January?

Fuck that, as Lahey would say "I am the liquor"

Summer is the worst for drinking, come home after sweating your balls for 8hrs at work, crack a can in the shower and it's saaaaallll gooood

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 11:08 AM   #15364
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Bra, if I’m not drinking I’ll drink a club soda or water

Good on ya for trying them but the effect is half the fun lol.. personally I could
Give up drinking liquor tom and never think about it. It’s beer and wine that’s got a grip on me. I’m also trying to go dry January to recover from the previous months and so far so good
Old 01-18-2023, 11:17 AM   #15365
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Defensive and a bit triggered ... are we?

Some things require a higher level of security, I think CRA belongs to that tier. If I'm on the phone with Telus talking about my probs with them, it's a bit less confidential, surely you'd agree.
What did I do that made you think I was triggered? I laughed... and no I do not work for CRA.

If you didn't like it then complain, you had a bad customer service experience. It's not like CRA itself is a vault, it's open office concept, so everyone can hear your stuff they don't go into an isolation chamber when they talk to you.

I don't get the security angle, are you worried that a crying baby might overhear your tax information? Same computer system being accessed by the same credentials on a protected network.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 11:45 AM   #15366

If you want non-alcoholic stuff London Drugs has a pretty solid selection. If you grab the Corona Sun Brew just an fyi it has vitamin D in it so it might keep you up if you drink it in the evening.

Quote:
I don't know anywhere that I've mentioned in against working from home.
You said it's bad for business and complained about people who wfh but sure.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by underscore; 01-18-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:54 AM   #15367
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,819 Times in 2,505 Posts
the problem i see with non-alchy beer is that many are almost the same or more than the cost of actual beer it seems, or more expensive than pop at least where i'm like you know what i may as well drink a pop if i'm going non-alchy and carbonated...

sounds like costco bud-zero is the best bang for buck non-alcoholic beer? maybe i'll give it a try...

i think i tried president's choice in the past, but their club soda was cheaper

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 12:07 PM   #15368
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
a lot of my clients are doing 3 days in the office 2 days at home as a hybrid and shared work space desk.

i've got a couple of clients, asking me to install software to monitor some people as it seems they are not completing their tasks when at home, always away on teams.

for everyone that has an issued computer from work, you won't even know the software is installed on your computer as there is no indication of it.
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 12:19 PM   #15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
the problem i see with non-alchy beer is that many are almost the same or more than the cost of actual beer it seems, or more expensive than pop at least where i'm like you know what i may as well drink a pop if i'm going non-alchy and carbonated...

sounds like costco bud-zero is the best bang for buck non-alcoholic beer? maybe i'll give it a try...

i think i tried president's choice in the past, but their club soda was cheaper
My days of seeking out unique sours and IPAs have passed, these days I am just as happy with an ice cold Lucky Lager. If it's the middle of summer I might even put some ice in it as well, SE asia style.

So if you're not too discerning with your beer and are fine drinking cheap macro light lagers then yeah I'd say Costco Bud Zero is the best all-around drinkable one that doesn't remind you that you're drinking non-alcoholic beer every sip. It was $20 for 24 cans.

Yeah, soda is cheap, but I'd rather subject my body to damage by alcohol than high-fructose corn syrup soda lol. I have a soda stream and drink club soda regularly too, but it gets boring very quickly.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2023, 12:50 PM   #15370

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
If you want non-alcoholic stuff London Drugs has a pretty solid selection. If you grab the Corona Sun Brew just an fyi it has vitamin D in it so it might keep you up if you drink it in the evening.

You said it's bad for business and complained about people who wfh but sure.
I haven't complained about anyone working from home. I literally complained about them fucking crying about going back.
As for the business, it depends on the business. If you have to interact with your coworkers as a group there's no way a zoom call is more efficient than being in the same room together.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-18-2023, 01:04 PM   #15371

Thanked 8,708 Times in 3,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
Summer is the worst for drinking, come home after sweating your balls for 8hrs at work, crack a can in the shower and it's saaaaallll gooood
Is this a white guy thing?

Where does the can go while you scrub your sweaty balls?
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:08 PM   #15372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
Is this a white guy thing?

Where does the can go while you scrub your sweaty balls?
I am not white and love me an ice cold shower beer.
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

Old 01-18-2023, 01:11 PM   #15373

I am a white and also love a shower beer.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-18-2023, 01:29 PM   #15374
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
I am not white
Lies

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 01:33 PM   #15375

Thanked 8,708 Times in 3,133 Posts
Quote:
I am a white
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: