REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #12851
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
What kind of caulking is the stuff that's easy to remove? Like when you start peeling it it all comes off cleanly in one piece. I need to seal up around the edges of a window seat I built but I can never remember which type is easy and which is a mess.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:07 AM   #12852
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,367 Times in 5,658 Posts
Alex plus is generally easy and if you have a big enough bead will come up in one piece if you’re lucky
Old 02-10-2022, 10:54 AM   #12853
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post
We're choosing Cabo because it's a short direct 4h20m flight and we'll be travelling with a two year old, so we want the flight direct and we want it shorter. Because of the kid, we're likely not going off the resort at all.

$2300 per is the minimum for the 4.5/5* places, we are looking at either end of August or October.

It's just to recharge because we want a second baby, so we want one vacation before we have to go through war again...
We went to the other side, Playa Del Carmen last time. One recommendation I'd make to people go there you'll fly into Cancun, book a private van to pick you up at airport and take you back there at the end of the trip. I think it cost me around $100 total, well worth, didn't have to go on the bus and stop at every resort as they are dropping people off.

If you're going to go into town in that area stay in the tourist areas, it's pretty sketch outside IMO. I thought it would be smart to walk to the Walmart with my then 12-year-old son and wife, super sketchy not sure how we didn't get robbed. If I go again I'm not leaving the resort.

As far as East vs West coast, who swims in the ocean anyway? All that matters is the pool and the temperature as far as I'm concerned. Next trip I'm going Cabo side for the shorter flight.

I don't think it matters where you go in Mexico you're going to have people trying to sell you time shares, I got a call first morning there at 7am which was like 4am for me because of time zone I was pissed I told the guy to go fuck himself and not call me again and he didn't. They try and play it off as some sort of greeting meeting or some shit, don't fall for that don't go.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 11:13 AM   #12854
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
https://www.narcity.com/vancouver/12...ce-were-called

Quote:
12 Students Were Kicked Out Of Cactus Club 'For Being Brown' & The Police Were Called

"It is clear we made a mistake. They should not have been asked to leave."
Old 02-10-2022, 12:02 PM   #12855
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
We went to the other side, Playa Del Carmen last time. One recommendation I'd make to people go there you'll fly into Cancun, book a private van to pick you up at airport and take you back there at the end of the trip. I think it cost me around $100 total, well worth, didn't have to go on the bus and stop at every resort as they are dropping people off.

If you're going to go into town in that area stay in the tourist areas, it's pretty sketch outside IMO. I thought it would be smart to walk to the Walmart with my then 12-year-old son and wife, super sketchy not sure how we didn't get robbed. If I go again I'm not leaving the resort.

As far as East vs West coast, who swims in the ocean anyway? All that matters is the pool and the temperature as far as I'm concerned. Next trip I'm going Cabo side for the shorter flight.

I don't think it matters where you go in Mexico you're going to have people trying to sell you time shares, I got a call first morning there at 7am which was like 4am for me because of time zone I was pissed I told the guy to go fuck himself and not call me again and he didn't. They try and play it off as some sort of greeting meeting or some shit, don't fall for that don't go.
99% of Mexico isn't like that. Go outside of the resorts but to tourist places like Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca, Merida, Campeche it's chill as fuck and not scammy at all. Mexico is one of my favorite countries to visit and it's a shame most people only experience it through the tourist beach resorts.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-10-2022, 12:08 PM   #12856
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
99% of Mexico isn't like that. Go outside of the resorts but to tourist places like Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca, Merida, Campeche it's chill as fuck and not scammy at all. Mexico is one of my favorite countries to visit and it's a shame most people only experience it through the tourist beach resorts.
I haven't been to any of those areas so you're probably right on with those areas, I know the area I was walking around wasn't nice lol.

I think if you do the all-inclusive which is what most people who go do you're going to have to deal with the timeshare thing at some point, it's not that big of a deal just a nuisance, like who's going to sit through a presentation on their vacation? That question is rhetorical, a lot do but I'm not doing it no way no how.

Outside the all-inclusive I'm sure is a different story. The physiotherapist I see goes with her girlfriend and they don't do the all-inclusive thing, they rent a house and they love it.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #12857
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
when i went to mexico back 20 years ago, we got pulled over by a cop, Mexican friend was driving his car with 5 seats, 6 people, none of use wearing seat belts....
I was so scared and it turned out the cop wanted money, we paid him off with 18 bucks... hilarious.

Mexicao has their own good and bad part of town. Look at our downtown east side, asian parents think they will kill us all the moment we don't scroll up our window. I serve soup kitchen down there and they are just normal people.

Mexico is so big, sucks to see people who just stop at Cancun and say they have been to the entire mexicco.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 03:11 PM   #12858
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,465 Times in 5,120 Posts
I've stayed on Pacific side of Mexico and taken the local bus to Sayulita with chickens on it and stuff, nobody batted an eye and I didn't feel unsafe... talked to an old Canadian guy who drives down from Alberta every year and lives there all winter and he said he never has any trouble driving there etc.

That said, been to Cancun a few times and both times going to the actual city of Cancun and losing track of time / being there trying to get back to a place where taxis or buses are running with night falling, it was a very very different vibe... people freezing up when they spot you while they size you up and definitely got that feeling that it was best to keep moving and gtfo.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 03:15 PM   #12859
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,390 Times in 1,233 Posts
I rented a car and drove around for a week the last time I was in Mexico in 2018, people probably thought we were crazy/would get our heads chopped off/asked for bribes. But no one did anything, the only time I was nervous was when we drove through a Millitary Checkpoint and there was a soldier manning an APC but they just waved us thru. Maybe they would have stopped us if we were Gringos *shrugs*. Maybe it would be a really bad idea to drive through the border states like where the Cartels are but the Yucatan Peninsula was just fine.

We left from Cancun and stopped along small towns as we visited the Mayan Ruins. As much as I enjoyed the Resort and doing nothing the food was so much better (and cheaper) once we drove inland. The people can mostly only speak Spanish for the most part but were so curious and friendly it was like being back in SE Asia.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 03:52 PM   #12860
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Agreed. Went to Mexico City before covid and never felt unsafe walking around the city. Had some of the best tacos as well. Would love to go back at some point.
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:07 PM   #12861
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Maybe it would be a really bad idea to drive through the border states like where the Cartels are but the Yucatan Peninsula was just fine.

After dark is the worst time to do it. If someone is going to drive down, its best to have a mini caravan of a few vehicles with them and travel only during daylight hours.
The border cities aren't really that great either. Think of Port Kells. Just warehouses and strip malls. And a lot of fucking dogs.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:09 PM   #12862

A lot of people I watch on YouTube, some who are essentially life long Travellers who do nothing else all seem to love Mexico and have it right up there with their favourite countries

I’ve been 4 times all to resorts and I just don’t think I care enough to discover the “real” Mexico. I have very little interest in that or South America etc. unfortunately with these North American vacation schedules, if I’m going to be taking 3/4/5 weeks off for sonthing, I’m going to go to Europe. Never been to South East Asia but that will likely come after I tire of Europe which may be never lol..

One thing I’d say I know I’d enjoy is the cost of travelling those countries and even Mexico. There is definitely an aspect of increasing enjoyment when you’re literally never thinking about what things cost. That’s why I very much dislike travelling the UK because things cost so fucking much without the reward of those sky high prices you get in a place like Switzerland.

I know people loveeeee London, but for me, $13-$15 for a beer to suck back exhaust fumes all day? Ehh I’ve had my fill
Old 02-10-2022, 04:28 PM   #12863
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
One thing I’d say I know I’d enjoy is the cost of travelling those countries and even Mexico. There is definitely an aspect of increasing enjoyment when you’re literally never thinking about what things cost.

Have you met Poland? You'd like her a lot. Shes blonde, pretty, and cheap.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 05:49 PM   #12864

Anywhere east of Germany feels pretty good.

$1 beers in Budapest, 3 course meals for $12-$15
Old 02-11-2022, 11:39 AM   #12865
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,594 Times in 1,729 Posts
Swimming in the ocean is the best part, anytime I'm in Mexico we barely use the pool, pretty much beach hopping daily.

I've never had problems driving in Mexico. Driven through the Mayan Riviera, all the way down from Cancun to Bacarlar numerous times. It's all safe, if anything I've felt more sketched out in cities in the States TBH.

Also driven throughout the state of Jalisco, to Tequila, Boca De Tomatlan, Manzanillo, Sayulita, etc. Driving is a little different on the Mayan Riviera side, as there are frequent police road check points, just drive through, you're fine.

I'll never understand why people have this misunderstanding of the dangers (or lack there of) of Mexico.

Next trip down there might try driving from Mexico City > Acapulco. Haven't been there yet.

We're going to Cabo in May for a quick week trip for my birthday, first time heading to that area of Mexico. I have a feeling it won't be my vibe (the Vegas of Mexico), but the GF has never done an all-inclusive before, so alas.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2022, 02:48 PM   #12866
Performance Moderator

^ It kind of helps with the whole not getting hassled thing when you're built like The Rock too lol
This post thanked by:
Old 02-11-2022, 03:14 PM   #12867

Eastern European women are fine af too on top of being able to travel those countries on the cheap
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 04:35 PM   #12868
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread

Kudos to the North Van RCMP for arresting these two thieves who robbed North Shore Ski & Board recently.

The idiots did a smash and grab of many ski jackets from that store.

Those fools forgot to check the Seabus schedule when the cops arrested them at the Sea Bus terminal.

https://www.nsnews.com/amp/local-new...arrest-5049600

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2022, 10:50 PM   #12869
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
For anyone looking to get their hands on an Arcade1Up scaled arcade cabinet, this is a hot deal. Reviews seem like it's the right product, so hoping it ships.

https://www.wayfair.ca/furniture/pdp...-ljhy1107.html

These can be modded with a Raspberry Pi (and some other stuff) to run MAME, CPS2/CPS3, NeoGeo, etc.

The control deck on this has a non-traditional layout unlike in Japanese cabinets, so you will likely want to replace it with something custom and then throw in some Sanwa or HAPP buttons/sticks.

EDIT: Sold out
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 02-15-2022 at 11:21 AM.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2022, 08:48 AM   #12870

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Do the physical samsung stores offer different trade in values than the website?
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:04 AM   #12871
Performance Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon HG View Post
For anyone looking to get their hands on an Arcade1Up scaled arcade cabinet, this is a hot deal. Reviews seem like it's the right product, so hoping it ships.

https://www.wayfair.ca/furniture/pdp...-ljhy1107.html
This is cool... if I had a house I'd be all over this
This post thanked by:
Old 02-15-2022, 10:24 AM   #12872
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,823 Times in 2,507 Posts
i'd be interested too but figured i'd buy it and only use it once.
i find the stuff i'd drool over in my youth i just don't have the same passion for.

i'd like to put a Pi setup but don't mess with that type of stuff anymore, i'm more plug 'n play

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:35 PM   #12873
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Would you guys feel liable or guilty, if you sold a local cash deal item to a buyer, and it turns out not compatible or defective doesn't work. I sold a brand new sealed item, buyer complains it's not working afterwards. Is it my fault? I'm not a store, nor did I mislead the buyer in any way shape or form. Literally a grab and jet deal transaction. He could have tested before buying, which I would been fine with. My perspective is, all private cash sale deals are final sale once we walk away. Now if I said it's new perfectly working and it ends up not, then that's on me, but it's brand new sealed in box, I wouldn't know. Just one of those situations.....
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:41 PM   #12874
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Buyer should have done their research.
Old 02-15-2022, 01:51 PM   #12875

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Might try to deal with the store I bought it from on their behalf, but if I knew I wouldn't be able to help, I'd just direct them to the manufacturer for the defective product. It was sealed in box, and they didn't accuse you of replacing the product with a brick so they're kind of on their own.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote