REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-15-2022, 11:54 AM   #15101
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
I bought the iphone14 pro on launch day this year and after shooting a couple in raw, it didn't turn out very good (especially at night, when its not able to run at full 48mb and limited to 12mb). Still needed a ton of processing on the back end to make half decent results. I ended up returning the phone after 10 days.
For the night time issue, that's a physical limitation of the camera's sensor size. It'll always suffer more in low light vs. a DSLR because there is less light hitting the camera.

The reason iPhone shoots night mode at 12MP is because it does what is called pixel binning. It takes four pixels and combines it into one to present a cleaner looking image with less noise.

Most images taken at night will generally need more post-processing to bring it up to snuff. But without seeing your night pictures, I imagine that depending on the lighting available that even DSLRs might have issues without a proper setup. I've taken some pretty good shots at night with my old iPhone X - and that was before all the "neural network" and night mode settings were made available.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that a better camera will help, but it won't necessarily solve your issues.
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2022, 12:20 PM   #15102
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,792 Times in 1,180 Posts
Somehow I find it easier to frame a picture when taking it using a viewfinder rather than a phone screen. All the newer DSLRs are wifi-enabled too, so you can kind of transfer photos to your phone almost immediately.

The bigger DSLRs are for sure more annoying - but I've been shooting/messing around with the Fuji X-T series and the Canon RP and with the right lens (pancakes, primes) they are fairly unobtrusive and discreet.
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 01:00 PM   #15103
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
The bigger DSLRs are for sure more annoying - but I've been shooting/messing around with the Fuji X-T series and the Canon RP and with the right lens (pancakes, primes) they are fairly unobtrusive and discreet.
Man, I loved my Fuji X-E1 with the 27mm pancake. It was a great low-profile setup, despite the autofocus and EVF being ass, lol.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 12-15-2022, 04:32 PM   #15104
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,529 Times in 4,913 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Just one of his watches are the equivalent of one person's average salary in Vancouver lol

Edit: The market value of one of his watches EXCEED one person's average salary in Vancouver
Figured as much......... tongue in cheek comment. It's like drag racing........ there's always someone faster.

He does need a hobby, amiright?

Purpose in life.

Anywy....................
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 04:35 PM   #15105
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 8,856 Times in 3,195 Posts
RS is my hobby! what a giant time sink this place is hahah
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2022, 05:07 PM   #15106
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,743 Times in 818 Posts
I have a Canon R5. highly recommend, although I'd like an R3 to play with.
Old 12-15-2022, 09:33 PM   #15107
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,612 Times in 4,346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Has anyone ever come across a situation where you order something from Amazon and to find the package doesn't have the original factory shrink wrap and the product is missing inside?

For context, I ordered a pair of the Microsoft Surface Earbuds on Amazon.com during Cyber Monday while I was in the US. The shipment arrives, I open it up to find that the original shrink wrap was not present and the entire case and earbuds were missing.

I filed this to Amazon and went through the questions and got a return authorization with no option for them to replace it other than a refund. Curious to see how this panned out for those of you who has dealt with this before. Thanks in advance.
Update: Amazon gave me a full refund for the return.

Also, went back a few pages and noticed Bahobz has a Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra necklace for his dog. Jesus Christ.
Quote:
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2022, 09:40 PM   #15108

dont rob ma dog!
Old 12-15-2022, 09:55 PM   #15109
MG1

Was watching CSI: Vegas. Man, the new series is just odd. Stories themselves are okay, but the cast............. I just can't get into it.

Anyway, what caught my eye was when they were talking about a species of bird. Got me thinking about some of the cool names they have for groups of animals.

https://arapahoelibraries.org/blogs/...ps-of-animals/

Parliament of Owls. Is that to say MLA's and MP's are smart? LMFAO. More like a "Colony" of Weasles.

Old 12-15-2022, 09:59 PM   #15110

How can you stand watching TV ? Doesn’t the commercials and interruptions drive you insane ? I can’t even watch normal tv anymore. YouTube and Netflix have ruined me forever.

I keep watching shit like this. I don’t even know why but it’s interesting to me

Last edited by Badhobz; 12-15-2022 at 10:08 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-15-2022, 10:15 PM   #15111
MG1

Years later, the Arrow was touted to be the greatest Canadian contribution to aviation..........

Anyway, I watch television for the commercials.

To each their own, I guess.

Old 12-15-2022, 10:44 PM   #15112
MG1

Damnit........... stuck on level 151 of Royal Match. I got this far without buying anything. So close, so many times. I wish I never downloaded this game. I'm hell bent on getting this level done. What's life without a challenge? It's almost as much a trap as RS, gulolol.

I need help.

Old 12-16-2022, 01:57 AM   #15113
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,211 Times in 493 Posts
Quote:
everyone hates everyone else.

Even my chihuahua is a fucking racist. She hates all black dogs regardless of breed. The darker color the more she gets upset. This is probably due to a traumatic experience she has when she was 1 years old and a black lab chased her in the dog park. That or she’s been watching too many TVB shows with my wife and developed into a pompous cunt.

Bumping this to save RS the trouble of going back 5+ pages.
SSM_DC5 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2022, 08:56 AM   #15114
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Telus mobility run by bunch of clowns. Half a year ago, I ported over to Fido because Telus started increasing my phone plan cost. Before I ported, I spoke with their loyalty department to see if they can offer a better rate. Telus said no, and told me to leave as they couldn't offer me anything. So I left to Fido and Telus winback called me a week later begging me to come back. At that time they tried to convince to come back, but wouldn't beat what Fido was offering me at the time, so I said I pass. This week, Telus mobility called me many times while I'm at work, so I finally got a chance to answer in the evening. Stupid idiot tried offering me a phone plan that is more than what I'm paying at Fido. Why would I want to come back to Telus when I'm having to pay more, makes no frigging sense. Always that we got a special limited time offer just for you bullshit, but the offer itself is shit lol.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2022, 10:02 AM   #15115
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,426 Times in 5,686 Posts
I think people are getting really choked with that 1.5% processing fee and they are in panic mode

That and a potential strike on the horizon
Old 12-16-2022, 10:06 AM   #15116
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,231 Posts
I'm most likely ditching Telus by Boxing Day. Their loyalty department is a joke. I don't know if they legit have no power or what but by the time I port over to another carrier I'm not coming back for some bullshit where they try to match what I already have.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 10:47 AM   #15117
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,700 Times in 1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
I'm most likely ditching Telus by Boxing Day. Their loyalty department is a joke. I don't know if they legit have no power or what but by the time I port over to another carrier I'm not coming back for some bullshit where they try to match what I already have.
Their loyalty has indeed gone far far down from what they used to be able to do.

That said, if you're persistent and lucky, you can still get good deals. And loyalty does still have the 'power' to extend existing discounts.

This is my Telus bill, internet + tv for $55/mo:
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2022, 11:34 AM   #15118

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post
Their loyalty has indeed gone far far down from what they used to be able to do.

That said, if you're persistent and lucky, you can still get good deals. And loyalty does still have the 'power' to extend existing discounts.
Yeah I browse redflagdeals every so often to see what people are getting but man it sounds like such a fucking grind/luck of the draw to get the best deals through retentions. If I have to call more than once because one agent says it's not possible when it clearly is I'm usually out and I'll go to another provider for a few years.
Old 12-16-2022, 11:39 AM   #15119
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,426 Times in 5,686 Posts
There’s no money in retentions. They have to pad the stats for the business

Signing somone up for 4 services with home phone and security even if they never use those services, for the same cost of retaining you as a customer with 2 of those services looks way worse on paper. So there’s never deals to be bad for loyal customers as they are smart enough not to sign up for useless shit they will never use
Old 12-16-2022, 11:43 AM   #15120
Say! Say! Say!

I switched off of Shaw using some Telus reseller on Facebook last year.

Ended up being $87 a month + taxes for two years after $500 in credits.

PureFibre Gigabit and Optik TV with three theme packs and four multiculture theme packs.

If you have someone else at your house you can sign up a new account under (spouse, parent, etc), you can always reach out to a few reps to see what they can offer, cancel your service, and resign under that person.
Old 12-16-2022, 12:21 PM   #15121

Thanked 4,653 Times in 1,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Telus mobility run by bunch of clowns. Half a year ago, I ported over to Fido because Telus started increasing my phone plan cost. Before I ported, I spoke with their loyalty department to see if they can offer a better rate. Telus said no, and told me to leave as they couldn't offer me anything. So I left to Fido and Telus winback called me a week later begging me to come back. At that time they tried to convince to come back, but wouldn't beat what Fido was offering me at the time, so I said I pass. This week, Telus mobility called me many times while I'm at work, so I finally got a chance to answer in the evening. Stupid idiot tried offering me a phone plan that is more than what I'm paying at Fido. Why would I want to come back to Telus when I'm having to pay more, makes no frigging sense. Always that we got a special limited time offer just for you bullshit, but the offer itself is shit lol.
Filipino accent: "Hello man-sir, this is Arnel from Telus mobile, we want to offer you a special discount for your services, do you have time to chat"

*click*
mikemhg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 06:09 PM   #15122
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,257 Times in 578 Posts
How are the lines at passport offices looking? Can I just renew my passport via mail or do I need to lineup in person at 7 AM?

Need to renew passport by May 2023.
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 06:47 PM   #15123
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,859 Times in 8,217 Posts
If you were wondering why Henry Cavill is no longer allowed to be Superman or Geralt the Witcher, it's because he turned into a toxic capital G Gamer LOL. I guess it's not funny to have one more scumbag in the world who was a decent person before.. But man it's crazy to see people get turned like this, from VIDEO GAMES.

So now he has his own production of Warhammer shows and a movie.. Can't wait to see what a trainwreck those will be

SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2022, 07:29 PM   #15124
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,972 Times in 3,900 Posts
Tl;dr I sent mine in May, it took too long, come Sept I drove down to the Vancouver office just after it opened, walked in, filed papers, told to come back at 3:45, had a passport. There was no line or wait or anything.

Online it said the Surrey office had a 5hr wait. It updates a couple times a day so you can get a bit of a feel for how busy they've been ahead of time if you check. They'll only do it quick like that if you have proof of travel in the next couple days though.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-16-2022, 07:36 PM   #15125

I heard he wanted to the show to be more faithful to the books/games and showrunner didn't feel the same way. Who knows what really happened but this person's take on it sounds very one sided and I'm sure there's more to it.

As for being 'not allowed' to play Superman anymore, James Gunn is basically rebuilding the DC Universe from scratch and is writing a script for a younger Superman movie so it's not a role that's made for him.
This post thanked by: