REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 01-23-2024, 07:51 PM   #7201
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I just checked and the Logitech G305 I am using is 3 and a half years old, and still ticking away strong. Just had to replace the feet pads a year ago.

My previous mouse was a Mionix and it was double clicking after 2 years.

Kinda surprising considering the amount of gaming I did during COVID, lmao.
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 10:56 AM   #7202
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I had the left click die on my Logitech G500 after something like 15 years of pretty heavy use, and I think the top button doesn't work on my G600 because I dropped it a bunch of times. Other than that I don't think I've had anything break/wear out.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 11:10 AM   #7203
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
Impressive

On the low end, bundled Logitech mice that come with keyboards, they die within a year or so for me. I haven't considered a higher end mouse from Logitech so I may consider one in the near future.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 07:55 PM   #7204
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
I had a Corsair RGB keyboard die on me once.. tried to get a replacement since I had the memory express extended warranty or whatever and they could only give me a certain credit amount, tried to clean it as best as I could before bringing it in, but forgot that I spilled a bunch of codeine and it went underneath the keys and got all sticky lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 01:20 PM   #7205
RS Veteran

Cough syrup, eh?

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 02-02-2024, 08:53 PM   #7206
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts
I’m looking to surprise my son with a gaming PC for his bday. He’s been asking for years but already has a PS5, a switch, iPhone etc so I’ve taken the hard no stance for a while. Now my daughters have more need for a PC as well for school as my company locked down simple things like saving PPTs etc to a USB which they used to do on my laptop for homework. So I figure this might be a sneaky way to make the boy happy while also providing a tool for the whole family to use.

My brother is far more educated on PC’s than I and recommended this one while it was on sale for Black Friday: https://www.canadacomputers.com/prod...item_id=243212 I was saving for a family trip at the time so didn’t pull the trigger but am prepared to buy something this month/early March.

I don’t mind the $2500 price tag but figured I’d check in here to see if anyone knows of a better deal for something equivalent or perhaps more bang for the buck at that price point. He’ll want the LED lit keyboard and everything else to make him feel like a famous YouTuber so savings is ideal, but I’m also the kinda person who prefers to buy once and cry once so I’m open to suggestions if the value is there.

Any input/advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 09:54 PM   #7207
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
For the price, it's pretty reasonable and has the look that a teenager would like.

They skimp out a bit on the case and power supply from the looks of it, but no big glaring issues overall.

This is what I got for about the same price fully installed with a copy of legit Windows. There are places to save a few bucks, but wanted to stick to $2500 for comparison purposes.

No RGB bling, just a straight up black system though.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2024, 04:08 PM   #7208
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
Have your kid do some research, make it a project. Built the computer yourselves. You do it once it's a skill both of you will never forget. Also get some RGB. Kids love RGB,
Old 02-10-2024, 05:47 PM   #7209
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Well, shit. Just my luck.

My Microsoft Ergonomic mouse has issues with the scroll wheel now. Whenever I scroll up or down, the page bounces up or down, depending on the direction, and sometimes, it just doesn't respond at all. I just replaced the batteries too. Good god.

Any recommendations on good mice to get? Wireless and able to connect up to three devices is key.
So just an update: I took out some plastic trim removal tools and cracked open my mouse and took out the wheel. Sure enough, there was just a lot of dust and junk stuck in there so I cleaned it out. As good as new!