REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #26
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
standing infront of buildings solves things
Advertisement
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2011, 03:41 AM   #27
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
culverin please change your name to Reddit.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2011, 08:07 AM   #28
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

NSFW
We cant afford a shirt - Occupy Wall St Protest - Day 5 CNN NEWS - YouTube

{{Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital }}
Gtrr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Lets see how long they can afford to stay out there with the winter coming. I love tits as much as the next guy... but these chicks are dumb! They are giving them a reason to arrest them... and do god knows what to them away from cameras.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #30
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #31
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
culverin please change your name to Reddit.
I don't even have an account there, just a lurker.

Also, You keep pointing it out.
Does it really bother you that much?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #32
SiRVs up, dude

NSFW follow up to Topless wallstreet occupation

REMOVED* ! Sorry guys not allowed NWS stuff in this sub forum at ALL

Last edited by SiRV; 10-02-2011 at 03:09 PM.
SiRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #33
GO FLAMES GO

Thanked 2,210 Times in 701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post

Spoiler!

2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #34
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRV View Post

Spoiler!
would you mind changing your mod status so I can fail you for those pancake titties?
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #35
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:

In Vancouver, organizers say they plan to occupy an area outside the Vancouver Art Gallery. Those attending have been asked to bring tents with them and the group’s Facebook page says protesters will stay “as long as it takes.”

The Occupy Together website suggests similar events are being planned in Mexico, Australia, Tokyo, about a dozen European countries and more than 40 U.S. states.
source
Canadian version of Wall Street occupation planned - The Globe and Mail

Hmmm, dont think it will resort to anything big in Vancouver due to the rain, but can see a decent turnout in Toronto.

This is how those Arab Springs start, it all starts small, and gets bigger. But I can see this being a huge thing in Spain (40% unemployment among youths) and other places that already have riots going on.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #36
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Goddamnit I say like 8 nipples but not a looker in the bunch.
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 PM   #37
RS controls my life!

What exactly is their goal? Do they have a solution for the crisis or are they just pissed off about upper middle class folks? This is what I hate about people who bitch about the system, they don't have a decent solution to make everyone happy and equal. There will always be flaws in our systems and the way the government runs. But we have yet as a civilization gotten to the point of perfection. And to be honest, we are getting a bit too uptight and needy about what we need in our life. 100 years ago people worked 14 hour days and got minimal pay and were treated like shit. Now you can buy a house in Saskatchewan off the money you can make working a year in an oil patch.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-03-2011, 07:14 PM   #38
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

^wow you really are clueless. I haven't had the time to read about this protest, but im sure the issue is more than just "high executive" pay issues. It's probably about wall street greed. If you've opened a paper in the last year, you would know about what caused the crisis (sub-prime mortgages?) and the number of scandals that keep occurring such as securities fraud.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #39

^^ try watching the documentary inside job.

other issues are executives get huge bonuses when their banks/companies go bankrupt, or for laying off people. furthermore they get bailed out by taxpayers dollars when they mess up. Yet the average person seems to be getting poorer and poorer.

Not to mention that these companies have lobbyists that make laws that favor them and most companies have record profits, yet only the rich seem to be benefiting from these record profits.

unemployment in the US is high. Spain has 20% unemployment. US has over 9%. Most of the decent paying jobs are gone and only the low crappy ones remain, with zero benefits.

It's only about time that these riots start. It's not that bad in Canada since we have better policies than most of our western counterparts.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
What exactly is their goal? Do they have a solution for the crisis or are they just pissed off about upper middle class folks? This is what I hate about people who bitch about the system, they don't have a decent solution to make everyone happy and equal. There will always be flaws in our systems and the way the government runs. But we have yet as a civilization gotten to the point of perfection. And to be honest, we are getting a bit too uptight and needy about what we need in our life. 100 years ago people worked 14 hour days and got minimal pay and were treated like shit. Now you can buy a house in Saskatchewan off the money you can make working a year in an oil patch.
I agree that as a society we tend to be too materialistic, and studies have shown that once you make $60,000, making more money doesnt make you that much happy.
But there are too many people that are born into poor neighbourhoods, poverty, and unemployment, and the system doesnt protect the interest of these people. They appear powerless. They have no means of escape. The system isn't helping these people out. But the rich and greedy have all the means to help themselves and are abusing their powers and responsibility.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
^^ try watching the documentary inside job.

other issues are executives get huge bonuses when their banks/companies go bankrupt, or for laying off people. furthermore they get bailed out by taxpayers dollars when they mess up. Yet the average person seems to be getting poorer and poorer.

Not to mention that these companies have lobbyists that make laws that favor them and most companies have record profits, yet only the rich seem to be benefiting from these record profits.

unemployment in the US is high. Spain has 20% unemployment. US has over 9%. Most of the decent paying jobs are gone and only the low crappy ones remain, with zero benefits.

It's only about time that these riots start. It's not that bad in Canada since we have better policies than most of our western counterparts.
to the film recommendation
I'm actually well aware of most of these issues as one of my double majors is in sociology.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Old 10-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
I agree that as a society we tend to be too materialistic, and studies have shown that once you make $60,000, making more money doesnt make you that much happy.
But there are too many people that are born into poor neighbourhoods, poverty, and unemployment, and the system doesnt protect the interest of these people. They appear powerless. They have no means of escape. The system isn't helping these people out. But the rich and greedy have all the means to help themselves and are abusing their powers and responsibility.

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

Old 10-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #43
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drow
standing infront of buildings solves things
The wall street protests are the North American arab spring, regardless of how simple a group occupying a street may seem in large numbers and with enough time it becomes a powerful message. Politicians will not help, they will not regulate themselves and a continual underlying resentment will go ignored. These protests are our opportunity to make a difference and force some measure of change.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #44
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I hope this helps some positive action, but it's pretty unlikely. The government is insane.

The beating that everyone but the rich are taking is building up though, I'd expect to see more of this kind of thing.

This might just be the beginning.

Last edited by Nightwalker; 10-04-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #45
Blood tests positive for LOL mod

Thanked 1,263 Times in 325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everymans View Post
Have you thought about why so many have showed up to protest?! Maybe because there's a problem and something needs to be fixed!
They might not have a PHD in running a country but all you need is a high school education to see it's not being run very well!

This has been my favourite video for the past few days, it tells the truth!

artofstance
Buy/Sell Rating
Proud member of G.R.A.P.E -- Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts
Mananetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #46
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

It makes me cry to hear michael moore scream end capitolism and have the crowd cheer in the back ground. These idiots are cheering for what? Plus those idiots holding the signs "a job is a right" OMFG. They are asking for communist china, where you get assigned a job.
Dont be fooled by warren buffets tax the rich scheme. If you took away all the top 1% wealth in america, it would amount to a paltry 2 trillion which would run the country for the duration of a long fart. The real guys making the money are off shore. Buffet wants more taxes so that they can pay for more bailouts.... which in turn goes to the banks he owns huge shares! Hellooo!
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-04-2011, 11:18 AM   #47
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,381 Times in 3,463 Posts
Looks like Anon is getting involved and wants to shut down the NYSE on Oct 10th.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM   #48
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
anon was always involved
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #49
My homepage has been set to RS

... get the money out of government...get rid of the lobbyist and ull see the government working for the people - plain and simple

edit... markets need more regulation..take out govt intervention and ull have 2008 all over again..

Last edited by tool001; 10-04-2011 at 11:56 AM.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #50
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
I'd like to hear how you can get the money out of government.

The gov is the one making multi-billion dollar policies.

They are the ones that handle multi-billion dollar departments (transportation, defense, labor, education, energy, justice, agriculture, homeland security). There is so much money there.

You can't really get rid of lobbyists that simply, they have a place to educate or at least tell their side of the story. The problem is that they have the ability to wine and dine and give gifts and incentives, maybe they don't come right away, but sometimes, the ex-congressmen are given executive positions after. Stuff like that is much too grey to be regulated.