REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #51
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
this is what is happening...

the country continues to borrow money and not making money. so they print more to pay back those loan.

what people are protesting about...

country continues to print money not to help the country but to stay in the market.

people cotinue to pay taxes, and where are those money going to? not the roads, not the buildings, not the education, not the employment, it's the help pay off the countries debt. there is so much american dollar circling right now, but nothing is in the american life is improving.
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:46 PM   #52
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Not the country but the Fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznlangjai View Post
this is what is happening...

the country continues to borrow money and not making money. so they print more to pay back those loan.

what people are protesting about...

country continues to print money not to help the country but to stay in the market.

people cotinue to pay taxes, and where are those money going to? not the roads, not the buildings, not the education, not the employment, it's the help pay off the countries debt. there is so much american dollar circling right now, but nothing is in the american life is improving.
Posted via RS Mobile
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:51 PM   #53

When the gov fears the people its when democracy works.when the people fear the gov is when democracy has failed.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-04-2011, 04:42 PM   #54
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Protests aren't going to do shit, I'm surprised no one has organized a para military group to start assassinating some of these inept ceo's and exec's.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #55
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Protests aren't going to do shit, I'm surprised no one has organized a para military group to start assassinating some of these inept ceo's and exec's.
Your right man, the protests in the middle east that began last winter achieved nothing. I'll tell you what, buy a gun and shoot a CEO and I'll give you my support.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #56
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mananetwork View Post
Have you thought about why so many have showed up to protest?! Maybe because there's a problem and something needs to be fixed!
They might not have a PHD in running a country but all you need is a high school education to see it's not being run very well!

This has been my favourite video for the past few days, it tells the truth!

Awesome rant to the US gov't - YouTube
My comment was just one side of my opinion. i have complaints against the system that governs us as well and sometimes the only way to show the real displeasure of our government is by protesting. I just think the goals are too scattered. What is the point of this protest? What are they trying to change? I read an article about the groups motives and their displeasure and they're all over the place. normally if there's a mass protest and they wish to make it work they have to have a solution and a set goal in mind. They don't have a solution and they have 30 set goals. Like a president once said, My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. What do they want? for the government to change things? They should find someone who knows whats wrong and what can be done to change the country.

I never really got into the videos because I'm really getting sick of hearing about banking catastrophes and the dropping stocks etc. My favourite qoute "They'll give the bank a bail out if they make a mistake but they won't give me a bail out if I make a mistake.

Last edited by Everymans; 10-04-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #57

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
they go no monies to do such a thing...
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #58

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mananetwork View Post
haha, my favourite is...
[Yo obama, all us black people were proud. Black president and all, but now you acting like one, pay your got damn bills]
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #59
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
You can't really get rid of lobbyists that simply, they have a place to educate or at least tell their side of the story. The problem is that they have the ability to wine and dine and give gifts and incentives, maybe they don't come right away, but sometimes, the ex-congressmen are given executive positions after. Stuff like that is much too grey to be regulated.
What about limiting the size of donations?

Quote:
Those guys are just players in the game; you'll inevitable get bad apples no matter what. You can say the same thing about building construction or water safety or airplane maintenance, etc. That's why we have referees or at least we're supposed to.
goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #60

Quote:
They're not protesting to change something, well not entirely. These people have two choices, they can continue their normal life and pay taxes that goes to nothing, or they can refuse to work and stand up for what they believe.

The protest in the middle east did have an affect, it did brought down a 30 year government. But did it change anything? Not right now, but maybe eventually and gradually, it will.

If the protest in the states gets big enough, then they'll have the majority of the people not going to work and such. Is it going to bring down the market? No. But i'm pretty sure this will have an affect on america in so and so years.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #61
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
FOX News interviews spends time interview random people during the occupation, only showing those who maybe don't articulate themselves as well as the could to prove the point that the protest has no direction or point.

Conveniently overlooks this dudes response....

Here's The Brilliant Occupy Wall Street Interview Fox News Didn't Show Us! | PerezHilton.com

One of the best interviews I have seen from the occupiers.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 05:41 PM   #62
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
FOX News interviews spends time interview random people during the occupation, only showing those who maybe don't articulate themselves as well as the could to prove the point that the protest has no direction or point.

Conveniently overlooks this dudes response....

Here's The Brilliant Occupy Wall Street Interview Fox News Didn't Show Us! | PerezHilton.com

One of the best interviews I have seen from the occupiers.
fck did not see that coming. That guy just owned that newscaster.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #63
RTS
My homepage has been set to RS

This generation is full of whiny little bitches.

How many cycles has the global economy gone through before and recovered from? yet I don't remember our grandparents saying "in the 30's we took over wall street during the great depression"; or my uncles during the 70's or my dad in 87' or my cousins in 97/98 or anyone during the dotcom bust.

STFU, strap up and get a job. If you can't find a job, make a job or go get some more schooling. People that feel entitled to anything outside of basic social needs and rights should get drafted into the army or deported to Africa.
RTS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #64
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I definitely support the protest on the level that there is an enormous problem with the way our current societies are being run, the inability for the government to actually do anything to fix any problems, and how the "1%" are fucking the rest of us. Changes need to be made in the way the governments are run. Without getting into any finger pointing, because neither I, nor the majority of the public truly know what goes on behind the scenes.

I am against how so many kids (college kids) are using this as a platform to spew winey excuses. There are hundreds of interviews with college kids saying they cant afford their $50k/year tuition for their 8th year in some bullshit arts program and its not fair. Those people need to get with reality. When times are tough, you need to adapt, and sometimes that means doing something you don't want to do, or make changes you're afraid to. Put on some work boots and go get to work. No work around you? Put on some combat boots and join the Military, they are always hiring, and may infact lead to a better future.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #65
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTS View Post

How many cycles has the global economy gone through before and recovered from? yet I don't remember our grandparents saying "in the 30's we took over wall street during the great depression"; or my uncles during the 70's or my dad in 87' or my cousins in 97/98 or anyone during the dotcom bust.

STFU, strap up and get a job. If you can't find a job, make a job or go get some more schooling. People that feel entitled to anything outside of basic social needs and rights should get drafted into the army or deported to Africa.
since you are "educated" sociology 101 teaches what is internal and what is external.

A 13% unemployment rate sure as hell isn't internal you tool. So suck a bag of dicks.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #66
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Ultimately, these people are proof that the "cut taxes for rich and let it trickle" doesn't work. That's why you have the 1% controlling more and more.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #67
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,341 Times in 5,649 Posts
Maybe those 13% should have thought long-term and got into a versatile field or had broad job training

I have no sympathy for people with arts degree's complaining about no jobs when their arms are too
Small to pick up a shovel.
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-05-2011, 09:02 PM   #68
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
wow.

vancouver has made you blind.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2011, 09:48 PM   #69

I predict they will start a war somewhere between now and election time to draw media focus away from said election/issues.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:52 AM   #70
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Intriguing idea...

This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2011, 04:26 AM   #71
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Quote:

Tool of the year award, congratulations you are a perfect governed citizen. Its not just about the jobs.

Also, freedomisjokelol.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:11 AM   #72

Quote:

Lol. You're speaking from a point where you're not experiencing what these people are going through. And just because the economy has recovered doesn't mean that people should not strive for a change. And in our grandparents day, they didn't print out 600 billion dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Maybe those 13% should have thought long-term and got into a versatile field or had broad job training

I have no sympathy for people with arts degree's complaining about no jobs when their arms are too
Small to pick up a shovel.
Posted via RS Mobile
Maybe some people weren't as fortunate as other who had financial support when they're in their teens to get job training or go to school.

People are sick and tired of being paid on a $9/hr job and still have to struggle with their bills when the feds are printing out money like blank papers and paying off their own debt.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:17 AM   #73
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

The government has all the power and a full monopoly on the use of force. It's a corporations purpose to create profits, they've just done what they're meant to do. On the other hand, the government has been a complete failure.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #74
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Oh fuck.....FOX news, you are awesome.

And, Ann Coulter you are such a cunt.

Horrendous! Ann Coulter Compares Occupy Wall Street Protestors To Nazis | PerezHilton.com

I totally dig that when you have a protest, etc. you have a whole sub-population of people that join solely to be "that guy" with the dreadlocks, knit beenie, dirty finger nails, and Phish t-shirt who last week was at the abortion/weed/homelessness/free hug sit-in/protest. The people that right wing ass-hat media outlets LOVE to interview to make everyone look like a fucking moron.

The thing that pisses me off is that fact that a lot of these people have a well-educated point to what they are doing. DO you see that on the news? Not so much...

And Ann Coulter? Well that bitch is just an angry cunt and probably cuts herself at night. I'm excited for the day that she is caught in some form of scandal....I'm thinking some lesbian strip club with a black guy type scenario....

that is all.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #75

We Are the 99 Percent

Last edited by Death2Theft; 10-07-2011 at 11:43 AM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: