REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:31 PM   #176
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Everyone is greedy. You included. I am sure if you have are the so call "bankers" you would do the same thing. Don't blame others for not working hard enough to get there. Yes sitting in a tent and complain all day long will get you rich.

Want to be rich? Work for it. The society owns these people nothing.

There are tons of people who started with nothing and become billionare. Look at the guy who made facebook, youtube, or even angry birds. Do you think they started with rich families? No they started with close to nothing. But they had a great idea and work towards it.

Vancouver is too expensive to live in? Move the fuck away then. Want to live in Vancouver then you have to pay for the high price. Can't have both, it doesn't work. If you do work as hard as you say you are, I honestly don't think you have the time to post or browse on RS.

I am not well off or make as much as other people. I am fine with that coz I KNOW they put in a lot more effort than I do. Is only fair those who work hard gets paid more.
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #177
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Look at the guy who made facebook
Technically it was the Twinklevoss'

but i agree with what you said. MOST of the people who are up in the 1% made it there from a combination of hard work, sacrifice, and dumb luck. i think a lot of people in the working class are waiting to catch that one "big break". unfortunately, the reality is that not everyone will get that opportunity in their life times. i can accept that. and i can also accept that i'm going to bust my ass now so that if that opportunity should present itself to me i will be ready.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #178
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post

Did you grow up on the streets wondering where your next meal was going to come from? If not, then I have to disagree respectfully that you grew up "extremely poor." Even if you had domestic issues, you still had a home to come to at the end of the day and enough food in your belly to learn how to read, write, and do arithmetic.

My mother died when I was 12 and my father fucked off till I was 19. I was raised by my brother and I had been working (illegally since I was 11 so I could feed myself)

Yes, there are people better off than me but compared to a majority of my friends, my life was brutal. School was never a choice for me, and I have been paying rent since I was 14.

Last edited by Meowjin; 11-07-2011 at 11:14 PM.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2011, 11:14 PM   #179
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Vancouver is too expensive to live in? Move the fuck away then. Want to live in Vancouver then you have to pay for the high price. Can't have both, it doesn't work. If you do work as hard as you say you are, I honestly don't think you have the time to post or browse on RS.

MEANWHILE IN AUSTRALIA
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:33 AM   #180
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
News1130radio News1130
Two @VancouverPD officers were bitten while patrolling #Occupy last night. Chief Jim Chu says it's time for protesters to go! @danburritt
Quote:
OLTV Christine K.
Just watched an bonehead #OccupyVictoria loser pour urine over a city worker in a cheery picker. City worker gagging. Just Gross.
This is getting ridiculous, it's time for VPD and the city to go in and remove these goofballs.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2011, 11:39 AM   #181
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Occupy UBC is starting up. I hope the supporters don't give it the same image as Occupy Vancouver..also hope that if Occupy Vancouver gets shut down they don't migrate to UBC
kcl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #182
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
i hope the homeless drug addicts don't migrate to UBC
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #183
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
I would like to occupy my foot up their asses
Fucking hippies
Posted via RS Mobile
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #184
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
This is getting ridiculous, it's time for VPD and the city to go in and remove these goofballs.
Those assholes need to get beaten with a baton. We'll see how defiant they are when they're eating it on the ground
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #185
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
You know what occupy ubc can also be called?

Camping.
Posted via RS Mobile
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #186
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
I'd like to start Occupying the Westin Bayshore Hotel....that place is pimp.

I figure the hiptard protesties are doing what they want....maybe its my turn?
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #187
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Why?? Why would they start biting officers??!!! Start of the Zombie apocalypse!!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #188
SardaukarMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillmar View Post
Why?? Why would they start biting officers??!!! Start of the Zombie apocalypse!!
biting is better than:
Quote:
OLTV Christine K.
Just watched an bonehead #OccupyVictoria loser pour urine over a city worker in a cheery picker. City worker gagging. Just Gross.

totally ridiculous. gross and ridiculous.

sauce: http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

poor guy.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:18 PM   #189
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

So we had a small discussion about Occupy Vancouver in one of my Communications classes today. Apparently my TA is in/supports the occupy movement and hasn't even heard about the website (occupyvancouver.com). I thought to myself, "Well, doesn't this just prove that there's no fucking direction with the movement, thereby invalidating their purpose?" Apparently my TA claims there are many leaders (which again, makes the occupy movement seem ridiculous)

What's worse is that if my TA has a masters in this field, so social media should be their thing...but to not hear about the website?

Public support is at an alltime low now with all the shit that just went down over the past 48 hours
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #190
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Our pussy major needs to get things going and order the police to move in and forcefully remove these fucking losers out of the city. This Occupy movement lost its meaning the second the druggies started filling up the art gallery lawn as if it's an outdoor injection site.

Not ONE person I know gives a flying fuck about what the "protestors" are protesting about anymore... heck, I bet 90% of the losers camping out there don't know what the fuck they're there for.

Fucking hippie-wannabe losers that have no value in this society other than wasting resources and causing issues. Get rid of them pronto.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #191
RS.net PIMP

Aside from the policing, firefighting, city engineering and costs to re-sod/repair/clean-up the damaged lawn at the art gallery, the city is also losing out on massive revenues from film/tv productions that usually film at the art gallery. When filming, aside from renting the gallery at $20,000 a day or more, we'd have to pay the city for film permits, street use/traffic closure, city engineering department (parking restrictions), peace officers and paramedics,etc..

Occupy Vancouver has cost the city too much financially, not to mention all the bylaws and laws they're breaking, its time to break this up. Give them one last chance to leave ASAP, those that don't, bylaw officers and VPD officers will go in and remove them and their structures. If they resist, arrest them, if they assault the officers again, no more coddling them, break out the tear gas, tasers and arwen guns. Personally, I've had enough of this bs.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #192
SardaukarMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
Our pussy major needs to get things going and order the police to move in and forcefully remove these fucking losers out of the city.
it's not as easy as that but it's already in motion. watch the news. the city's already seeking an injunction but the judge is giving occupy vancouver's an extra day to find lawyers to fight it. if/when the judge approves, then the city can go in to dismantle the tents. if the occupiers get in the way, that's when the police step in. the protesters can't be removed forcefully if they're not doing anything illegal. a peaceful protest is not illegal.

don't get me wrong, i'd sooner have them protesting elsewhere or not at all but it's their right to do so. but when they cross that line, that's when they have to be ready to meet the consequences.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #193
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrait View Post
the protesters can't be removed forcefully if they're not doing anything illegal. a peaceful protest is not illegal.

don't get me wrong, i'd sooner have them protesting elsewhere or not at all but it's their right to do so. but when they cross that line, that's when they have to be ready to meet the consequences.
A peaceful protest is not illegal, like if they chained themselves to the art gallery steps, however, correct me if I'm wrong here, but vandalizing/destroying property is not legal while protesting. Occupy Vancouver has dug up and destroyed property, the lawn, now while that might seem like a minor thing, I've heard it'll cost the city and taxpayers upwards of $200,000 just to re-sod/repair all the damage. Would that alone not give grounds to go in and evict/remove them from that location?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 PM   #194
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
LOLLLL

Occupy Vancouver: Portraits of the 99% – CNN Photos - CNN.com Blogs

shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:08 PM   #195
SardaukarMod

Quote:
A peaceful protest is not illegal, like if they chained themselves to the art gallery steps, however, correct me if I'm wrong here, but vandalizing/destroying property is not legal while protesting. Occupy Vancouver has dug up and destroyed property, the lawn, now while that might seem like a minor thing, I've heard it'll cost the city and taxpayers upwards of $200,000 just to re-sod/repair all the damage. Would that alone not give grounds to go in and evict/remove them from that location?
yup, it is illegal. you could even say it's against section 430 of the criminal code of canada (mischief)... but the city/police/judge have to weigh that against the basic rights (section 2 - right to peaceful assembly) given by the canadian charter.

if the police descend upon occupy vancouver en masse and just bulldoze through the crowd, tearing down tents and arresting everybody, though they may have some justification, the legal repercussions of such action will cost the city even more in legal fees when the hippies attempt to sue the city, etc. worse, if things get even more violent...

so, the city is doing what it can to properly and legally remove these people with justification greater than mischief, greater than hey-other-people-want-to-use-this-space-too... they asked nicely, the protesters said no. so the city tried bylaws, the protesters said FU. so the city is ramping up the legal ladder. what with the OD death, a previous near-death OD, the fire, the assault on the firefighters, the assault on the intervening police officers, the theft of a police officer's magazine clip, now the city has more evidence from a public safety standpoint to present to the judge so that she'll grant the city the injunction...

edit: city's main application for injunction is under the Trespass Act, City Land Regulation Bylaw and Fire Bylaw to have the tents removed. If the injunction is granted, protesters disobeying it could be subject to contempt of court charges, which are more serious than simply breaking city bylaws. the interim injunction was with just fire bylaw.

edit: not only am i a COV resident (ie: these protesters are costing ME, personally, money in higher taxes to come), i live only a few blocks away. *grumble*
Old 11-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #196

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
so what's phase 2 and phase 3

Spoiler!
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #197
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
I'd like to start Occupying the Westin Bayshore Hotel....that place is pimp.
When this first started I suggested to friends Occupy Bel Air, in particular the Playboy mansion!
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #198
RS.net PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrait View Post
if the police descend upon occupy vancouver en masse and just bulldoze through the crowd, tearing down tents and arresting everybody, though they may have some justification, the legal repercussions of such action will cost the city even more in legal fees when the hippies attempt to sue the city, etc. worse, if things get even more violent...
I'm almost positive it will come to that no matter what. There are very few if any legitimate protesters at the art gallery. It's pretty much all drug addicts, trouble makers and shit disturbers looking for any excuse to take on the police and scream brutality, violation of their rights bs.

They've already assaulted media, firefighters and VPD officers by spitting on them, pushing and grabbing them. I'm sure the majority of the "protesters" down there are hoping that VPD and bylaw officers move in to take down the structures so they can resist, push, spit at and grab peace officers and when VPD responds appropriately by arrest or allowable use of force, they'll scream bloody murder and violation of rights bs when we all know they have no leg to stand on.

It'll likely come to that either way, time to get on with it now.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #199
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Im fairly certain the people of Vancouver would be behind the city/police in doing whats necessary to move the protestors out if the protestors got unruly with the fresh memories of the riot from 6 months ago.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #200

Just as in the Stanley cup riot, I have absolutely no problems with the cops using extreme force to move these fuckers out of the city. Water canon, riot police, smoke grenade, whatever is necessary - throw them all at these losers. I have 0 sympathy for them.

I don't even want to picture the mess that's gonna be left behind by these idiots. You think they're gonna clean things up? HA! not in a million years. Those that organized this bullshit event are just as hypocritical as the bankers/investors/governments that they're protesting about - everyone's in this for their own selfish reasons, nothing else.

Bunch of useless human beings.