REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #51
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Funny this thread is running now because I had another cyclist altercation today, one of many. True story.

I was heading to pick someone up from the Vancouver hospital this morning, the one beside Broadway. I come to a four way stop. I approach first, then a guy in a truck on the opposite direction. I did see a biker coming from my right driving in the middle of the road, but it was a four way stop so not my problem. I proceeded to go ahead and make my turn left and out of nowhere the biker glances by hitting my right front fender. He screams "watch out" like it was my fault. I chase after him and hit his rear tire, he fell of his bike. I come to a stop and he quickly gets up and screams "what the fuck!". I launched forward and ran over his rear wheel and frame. My car is pretty low, but he had one of those speed bicycles so it didn't get caught up in my car anything. I just gun it and see him chase after LOL.... serves you right FAGGOT HIPPIE. I do have a slight scuff on my right fender, didn't notice till I got out after. Glad I took that asshole off his bike. You damage my shit I'll damage yours.
not sure if srs

thanks either way
Advertisement

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #52
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Havnt these fucking phaggot hippies ever heard of a sidewalk
Posted via RS Mobile
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #53
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Dont be a honda fag with that BOV bullshit. Make some real power and do an external wastegate dump while you light up the tires at a sideways angle so your cars ass just grazes them.
Quote:
I love spoolin tha turbo and letting my BOV vent right as I pass them. Scare them shitless.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #54
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Dont be a honda fag with that BOV bullshit. Make some real power and do an external wastegate dump while you light up the tires at a sideways angle so your cars ass just grazes them.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #55
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMA View Post
Havnt these fucking phaggot hippies ever heard of a sidewalk
Posted via RS Mobile
Pedestrian mindset: Don't these phaggot hippies know they're not allowed on the sidewalk
pawdregry4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:01 PM   #56
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawdregry4g View Post
Pedestrian mindset: Don't these phaggot hippies know they're not allowed on the sidewalk
Cyclist mindset: We're taking back the roads

u make me wanna

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #57
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
Cyclist mindset: We're taking back the roads
Our mindset:

Old 11-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #58
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Whenever I see a biker I am instantly filled with rage and just honk the whole time im in any proximity close to them whatsoever so they know what they're doing is completley wrong and unnecessary. Letting a biker know they make me sick is worth the annoyance of my honking for 60ish seconds
RSXBoii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:12 PM   #59
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
^Manual fail.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 AM   #60
Banned (ABWS)

I think this thread would do better in fight club, no?
Outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #61
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Funny this thread is running now because I had another cyclist altercation today, one of many. True story.

I was heading to pick someone up from the Vancouver hospital this morning, the one beside Broadway. I come to a four way stop. I approach first, then a guy in a truck on the opposite direction. I did see a biker coming from my right driving in the middle of the road, but it was a four way stop so not my problem. I proceeded to go ahead and make my turn left and out of nowhere the biker glances by hitting my right front fender. He screams "watch out" like it was my fault. I chase after him and hit his rear tire, he fell of his bike. I come to a stop and he quickly gets up and screams "what the fuck!". I launched forward and ran over his rear wheel and frame. My car is pretty low, but he had one of those speed bicycles so it didn't get caught up in my car anything. I just gun it and see him chase after LOL.... serves you right FAGGOT HIPPIE. I do have a slight scuff on my right fender, didn't notice till I got out after. Glad I took that asshole off his bike. You damage my shit I'll damage yours.
Great story... just remember, YOU have a license plate that he can give to the cops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #62

Okay, so my own cyclist-ownage story:

Buddy and I used to roadie for a band that had their own 1-ton van for all their gear. Van had a hack-job natural gas install (you can switch between that and gasoline). Buddy had figured out just how to work things between switching fuels and working the pedal, so he could make the van backfire whenever he wanted - big blue flame shooting out the exhaust, loud BOOM, etc.

So we've finished setting up a show at the Chateau Whistler and want to go get some munchies, but it's late, and the only place open is the market at Creekside... so off we go down the highway. Come around a corner, and here's one of these Spandex-clad two-wheeled pricks, right in the middle of the lane, hunched over and pedaling furiously, hogging up the whole road because dammit, he's going fast enough to be in the middle of traffic! (at a whole 25 klicks)... you know the type.

We tailgate him for a bit until there's room enough to get around him... he realizes this and finally moves to the shoulder... buddy punches the gas, revs past him... works his little magic with the fuel switch... we're about six feet past the twit and *BAM!* - big blue flame shooting out right in front of him (made all the more impressive by the fact it's getting dark), and I watch in the mirror as eco-nob swerves and hammers on his brakes and ALMOST dumps it there on the side of the highway...
Quote:
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #63
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^^ that was uncalled for. I would have at least gave him a little honk to get him to get out of the way. If he gave u the finger or refused to pull over then i'd do something.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:39 AM   #64
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Come around a corner, and here's one of these Spandex-clad two-wheeled pricks,
looool
Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #65
Banned (ABWS)

MINDBOMBER:

You seem to be very in touch wit this thread, however all you have contributed to it is multiple fails. what are you thoughts on t his and all the people in here and what they're saying?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #66
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I've contributed multiple fails and thanks, wherever I felt they were appropriate.

I won't disagree that some cyclists are assholes who don't respect the rules of the road, and some are highly disrespectful towards drivers. The reason for many of them being disrespectful is clear though, they're constantly abused and harassed by drivers because they can't travel at the same rate of speed. I recognize that a percentage also disrespect the rules of the road, and they deserve a certain degree of abuse, although running over bikes is excessive to say the least. Although I'm a very courteous driver and I almost never have road rage, I'm certain I would be driven to the same behaviour if I biked.

Behaviour like bumping into cyclists rear tires, back firing exhausts and honking excessively is disgusting regardless of how rude a cyclist may be. Stories like the one posted by Taylor are the reason, it's not even a stretch to use the fatality on the Port Mann yesterday as an example. Knock a cyclist off their bike, feel tough, the tail gating driver behind you runs them over. When the cards line up and that happens will you still feel tough?

I've never been delayed more than a couple minutes by a cyclist, that's really not a big deal, just relax and let them do their thing.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #67
Böse ///M

shit I can't stand stupid bikers on streets.
please bring your stupid bike with your CAR to stanley park THEN ride bike for fuck sakes.
AKUMA_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
...they're constantly abused and harassed by drivers because they can't travel at the same rate of speed.
If you can't travel at the same rate of speed, then you move the fuck over and let others pass. That's not just courtesy, THAT IS THE LAW AND IT APPLIES TO CYCLISTS AND MOTORISTS ALIKE.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #69
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
If you can't travel at the same rate of speed, then you move the fuck over and let others pass. That's not just courtesy, THAT IS THE LAW AND IT APPLIES TO CYCLISTS AND MOTORISTS ALIKE.
The law also includes the word "safely". A bike at night might feel more safe traveling in the centre of a lane so cars see them, then will move over to let the car pass.

If you want to quote the law, it'd be nice if you knew it.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #70
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Okay, so my own cyclist-ownage story:

Buddy and I used to roadie for a band that had their own 1-ton van for all their gear. Van had a hack-job natural gas install (you can switch between that and gasoline). Buddy had figured out just how to work things between switching fuels and working the pedal, so he could make the van backfire whenever he wanted - big blue flame shooting out the exhaust, loud BOOM, etc.

So we've finished setting up a show at the Chateau Whistler and want to go get some munchies, but it's late, and the only place open is the market at Creekside... so off we go down the highway. Come around a corner, and here's one of these Spandex-clad two-wheeled pricks, right in the middle of the lane, hunched over and pedaling furiously, hogging up the whole road because dammit, he's going fast enough to be in the middle of traffic! (at a whole 25 klicks)... you know the type.

We tailgate him for a bit until there's room enough to get around him... he realizes this and finally moves to the shoulder... buddy punches the gas, revs past him... works his little magic with the fuel switch... we're about six feet past the twit and *BAM!* - big blue flame shooting out right in front of him (made all the more impressive by the fact it's getting dark), and I watch in the mirror as eco-nob swerves and hammers on his brakes and ALMOST dumps it there on the side of the highway...
Fuckn epic, served that hippie right
Posted via RS Mobile
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:07 PM   #71
10psi aint enough...

I was driving on main and terminal when a cyclist pulled up to my right side, passed me, and grabbed the door handle of the mazda3 in front of me.
Cyclist literally grabbed the right rear door handle and hung on for over 3 blocks. I watched him from behind just clinging on.
I honked at the driver ahead to notify her but not sure if she knew. She kept on driving. Afterwards the cyclist lets go and turns right.
Its not any of my business but if cyclist did that to me, I would be upset and slam the brakes...
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:12 PM   #72
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

My hate for cyclist is always the same story again and again...

when you approach a stop light or stop sign and the cyclist decides to roll up beside you and pass everyone then makes traffic go slower because in able to pass them you have to merge half way into the other lane ... then this is repeated every time they do this

Last edited by Avery; 11-04-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: to asshole-ish
Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 02:08 AM   #73
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
I was driving on main and terminal when a cyclist pulled up to my right side, passed me, and grabbed the door handle of the mazda3 in front of me.
Cyclist literally grabbed the right rear door handle and hung on for over 3 blocks. I watched him from behind just clinging on.
I honked at the driver ahead to notify her but not sure if she knew. She kept on driving. Afterwards the cyclist lets go and turns right.
Its not any of my business but if cyclist did that to me, I would be upset and slam the brakes...
Posted via RS Mobile
Yea bs like that really paints a bad image on cyclists. There are times though when I shake my head at motorists. Heading up east hastings on the large uphill beside the PNE, a cyclist was hugging the curb and working his ass off trying to get up. He was averaging about 15 km/h which was a pretty decent speed considering the incline . This suv behind him decides tail him all the way up with about a foot distance between them, instead of moving into the left lane to pass. The cyclist looks back occasionally and ends up riding it out harder trying to maintain his speed.

Cyclists like these who follow the rules and ride predictably shouldn't be hassled and treated as badly others. Just like drivers, there are some who are considerate and some who are plain dicks.
pawdregry4g is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2011, 08:23 AM   #74
Banned (ABWS)

I remember about 6 years ago somewhere up in between Jericho beach and and west 4th in Kits, i was driving up some long hill and come across about 10 decked out cyclists hogging the entire road. It was not a very narrow road so they could have easily moved to the shoulder to let me pass and they didn't and when i gave a little honk and waved my hand kindly hoping they'd move over they simply fingered me and yelled obscenity's. I continued to yell "lots of room just move over!" And they continued there irate hand gestures followed by obscenities, And i was stuck behind them driving 5k for like 3minutes, for what? Cause they were too bothered to pull aside and let me drive by very slowly? I wanted to throw a drink on them so badly (but had nothing to throw). You say that doesn't warrant that? Well I sure beg to fucking differ.

Last edited by Outreach; 11-05-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #75
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outreach View Post
I remember about 6 years ago somewhere up in between Jericho beach and and west 4th in Kits, i was driving up some long hill and come across about 10 decked out cyclists hogging the entire road. It was not a very narrow road so they could have easily moved to the shoulder to let me pass and they didn't and when i gave a little honk and waved my hand kindly hoping they'd move over they simply fingered me and yelled obscenity's. I continued to yell "lots of room just move over!" And they continued there irate hand gestures followed by obscenities, And i was stuck behind them driving 5k for like 3minutes, for what? Cause they were too bothered to pull aside and let me drive by very slowly? I wanted to throw a drink on them so badly (but had nothing to throw). You say that doesn't warrant that? Well I sure beg to fucking differ.
I would be mad at this too. Bikes are not allowed to occupy the whole lane riding side by side, and must move over if it can be safely done, which in that area is very easily and safely done. I live around the corner and bike those streets often, and even take side streets to avoid holding people up on the main streets.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote