REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Again, i am fucking taunted by a cyclist!

I really want to get out and hurt one of these people man. the intersection of Main and Terminal South/East corner, i am trying to turn right at the corner but the cyclist is waiting to go straight but is NOT on the curbside corner but half way in the middle of the lane not allowing me to make my right turn, and there is also a bunch of other cars waiting for the turn also behind me so i give a double honk to let him know move the fuck over so i can turn right (i was being patient also before i honked),and he turns around screaming "FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!" waiving his fist. And i yell YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO BE F**ING CURBSIDE!! I'M TURNING!! He's still blathering something and after that the light turns green and he kept going. This same exact thing happened the other day Broadway and Commercial South/West corner. Aren't they suppose to stay completely curbside? They sure as hell don't. Until one day i completely lose it and not think about going to jail i can only dream about getting out and batting their legs with vengance.
Advertisement

Last edited by Outreach; 11-02-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Leave 5 mins early and don't stress out.
mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

I should have posted in police forum i guess. Why the fails.... bike riders?? lol
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thats why you need a train horn.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
I know how you feel, but what are you gonna do.
There's the considerate bikers who stay at curbside or even back up a little to let you turn.
Then there's the assholes who bike in the middle of the lanes and don't let you pass them.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
McLyin'

Thanked 1,677 Times in 169 Posts
one day that bike rider is gonna do the same thing to you to the wrong person and he is gonna get the shit beat outta him i just pray i am there to witness it.
dr.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outreach View Post
Aren't they suppose to stay completely curbside? They sure as hell don't. Until one day i completely lose it and not think about going to jail i can only dream about getting out and batting their legs with vengance.
You don't even know the law, yet you're complaining? Here's some info:

BikeSense - Cycling and Traffic Skills

Quote:
The law requires traffic moving at less than the normal speed of traffic to keep as close as practicable to the right hand curb or edge of the roadway, but that does not mean hugging the curb or edge of the road.

Motorists are required to pass 'at a safe distance' and must not return to the right of the roadway until they have fully passed you.
I can see why a cyclists moves out into the middle of a lane at an intersection. As a law abiding cyclist, I find many cars will cut me off otherwise. This is why the BC driving tests include checks for cyclists, my Ontario driving test never included this. This is also why the law allows cyclists to occupy more of the lane for safety reasons and cars must "pass safely".

A woman cyclist was killed in Ottawa 3 weeks ago cause she was doing cars a favour and riding on the edge of a lane, until some asshat opened their door, forcing her into traffic and a vehicle that didn't leave enough room ran her over. For safety reasons she could've and should've decided to occupy more of the lane beyond the reach of car doors, yet she like many cyclists was being nice to drivers, and she paid with her life for that convenience.

Article is here: CTV Ottawa- Woman charged with knocking Danielle Nacu off bike - CTV News

So I get why you're upset, yet just chill. Waiting 30-60 secs for the light to change isn't going to kill you, yet impatient drivers might kill the cyclist.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.funk View Post
one day that bike rider is gonna do the same thing to you to the wrong person and he is gonna get the shit beat outta him i just pray i am there to witness it.
All my Ottawa buddies said they same thing, until the woman I mentioned was killed and then they changed their mind. Not a single one of them would want to be the person who opened their door, or ran her over.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
GG
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos_skeeto View Post
Leave 5 mins early and don't stress out.
doesnt change the fact that cyclists are fags
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
You don't even know the law, yet you're complaining? Here's some info:

BikeSense - Cycling and Traffic Skills

I can see why a cyclists moves out into the middle of a lane at an intersection. As a law abiding cyclist, I find many cars will cut me off otherwise. This is why the BC driving tests include checks for cyclists, my Ontario driving test never included this. This is also why the law allows cyclists to occupy more of the lane for safety reasons and cars must "pass safely".

A woman cyclist was killed in Ottawa 3 weeks ago cause she was doing cars a favour and riding on the edge of a lane, until some asshat opened their door, forcing her into traffic and a vehicle that didn't leave enough room ran her over. For safety reasons she could've and should've decided to occupy more of the lane beyond the reach of car doors, yet she like many cyclists was being nice to drivers, and she paid with her life for that convenience.

Article is here: CTV Ottawa- Woman charged with knocking Danielle Nacu off bike - CTV News

So I get why you're upset, yet just chill. Waiting 30-60 secs for the light to change isn't going to kill you, yet impatient drivers might kill the cyclist.
That's very sad. Fucking brutal.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #11
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwy View Post
That's very sad. Fucking brutal.
Apparently the car was illegally parked too as the incident occurred during rush hour parking restrictions. Very sad indeed.

If she was riding proper distance from parked cars there'd be a lot more of these types inconvenienced driver threads, yet she'd still be alive.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
Banned (ABWS)

I think it would be fitting if "littledog" gets run over by a car one day.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
I STILL don't get it

I got into a fight... if you can call it that with a cyclist for a very similar situation as the op. The only difference is when i honked he turned around and spat into the passenger side window where my girlfriend was sitting. When i got out of the car he positioned himself infront of his bike so when i kicked him in the chest he went backwards and got stuck in the frame. i didnt even have to follow up because everytime he tried to get up off the ground he would awkwardly get caught in his bike frame and fall again. The best part was as we laughed at him an old lady walking by started laughing and said serves you right hippy. this was right around robson and georgia at 3:00 in the afterrnoon on a sunny day. I just got back into my car casually and drove away.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #14
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Just run him the fuck over, the only person thats gonna care is mindbomber
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #15
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird79_00 View Post
Just run him the fuck over, the only person thats gonna care is mindbomber
He must have been shitkicked before by a roadraging hick, fails everything he comes into contact with. Why don't you reply to the thread other than failing every post. Speak your mind.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Home View Post
I got into a fight... if you can call it that with a cyclist for a very similar situation as the op. The only difference is when i honked he turned around and spat into the passenger side window where my girlfriend was sitting. When i got out of the car he positioned himself infront of his bike so when i kicked him in the chest he went backwards and got stuck in the frame. i didnt even have to follow up because everytime he tried to get up off the ground he would awkwardly get caught in his bike frame and fall again. The best part was as we laughed at him an old lady walking by started laughing and said serves you right hippy. this was right around robson and georgia at 3:00 in the afterrnoon on a sunny day. I just got back into my car casually and drove away.
"Mindbomber" and "sumaznguy" are gonna hunt you down over this shit.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #17
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I know exactly how you feel op.

Most cyclist on the road are f*cking dicks nowadays. Just like taxi drivers!

Some would cycle on the road and not even abide by traffic laws.

Just cuz these hippies think theyre going green, they think that theyre allowed to bike wherever the fuck they want. Like when theyre in a left turn lane waiting to turn left. Like seriously, WTF get off your fucking bike and walk it across the crosswalk intersection.

Then u get all these dumbass cyclists thinking they can ride without a helmet on. Seriously, WTF.

Cyclist should need to start buying insurance! For their own damn safety
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 04:44 PM   #18

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Thats why you need a train horn.
Im getting one for christmas
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
firebird79_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #19
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Police should make it legal to hop onto the sidewalk whenever it is safe to do so. Im also a cyclist once in a while, and whenever i see cars lined up behind me i just jump onto the nearest sidewalk if there's little to no people.

Its not cyclists that pisses people off, its stupid cyclists that piss people off.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:08 PM   #20
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
I know exactly how you feel op.

Most cyclist on the road are f*cking dicks nowadays. Just like taxi drivers!

Some would cycle on the road and not even abide by traffic laws.

Just cuz these hippies think theyre going green, they think that theyre allowed to bike wherever the fuck they want. Like when theyre in a left turn lane waiting to turn left. Like seriously, WTF get off your fucking bike and walk it across the crosswalk intersection.

Then u get all these dumbass cyclists thinking they can ride without a helmet on. Seriously, WTF.

Cyclist should need to start buying insurance! For their own damn safety
Is that legal? Cyclists turning left in middle of intersection at lights in front of cars? See that shit all teh time also and it always makes me lol thinkin "you aren't a car dude!".
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #21

Time to run catless

For Sale:

BNIB Acupuncture Wallet PM me for details

Google / LG Nexus 4
crazyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I think it would be fitting if "littledog" gets run over by a car one day.
The South-East corner of Main & Terminal has a right turn lane. Now think of this cyclist as a car. If there's a car in the right turn lane trying to go straight and blocking everyone behind trying to turn right, I bet you would honk too.

While I sympathize with the woman cyclist you mentioned, she has to be extra "defensive" while biking. Trying to be nice to cars will get you nowhere (as in her case). You just to have to know the rules and stick by it. It's those cyclist who doesn't know the rules that bothers me. Drivers need to take a test before they can use the road. How come cyclists who share the same piece of road don't?

Last edited by littledog; 11-02-2011 at 07:44 PM.
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:40 PM   #23
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

is it 100% the driver's fault if a cyclist blows through a pedestrian crosswalk going full speed without slowing down or stopping to check for cars before crossing it, then gets hit by a car that is going about 40km/h and attempted to brake?
Ruff Ryd@s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryd@s View Post
is it 100% the driver's fault if a cyclist blows through a pedestrian crosswalk going full speed without slowing down or stopping to check for cars before crossing it, then gets hit by a car that is going about 40km/h and attempted to brake?
Cyclists have to dismount before they would be considered a pedestrian and be able to use a pedestrian crosswalk. In your case the cyclist is considered a vehicle and he/she is not permitted to use the crosswalk at all.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
What's wrong with waiting to turn left in a left turn lane?