REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #76
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

So you want them to pay for gas and parking to go biking eh? Maybe you could pay for some spandex when u go driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKUMA_Z View Post
shit I can't stand stupid bikers on streets.
please bring your stupid bike with your CAR to stanley park THEN ride bike for fuck sakes.
Advertisement
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #77

Guess you havn't seen the x-men then.

Grabbing onto cars is how they get accross bridges fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
I was driving on main and terminal when a cyclist pulled up to my right side, passed me, and grabbed the door handle of the mazda3 in front of me.
Cyclist literally grabbed the right rear door handle and hung on for over 3 blocks. I watched him from behind just clinging on.
I honked at the driver ahead to notify her but not sure if she knew. She kept on driving. Afterwards the cyclist lets go and turns right.
Its not any of my business but if cyclist did that to me, I would be upset and slam the brakes...
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 11-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #78

Bikers have the same mindset as peds they like to walk/bike side by side so they can chat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outreach View Post
I remember about 6 years ago somewhere up in between Jericho beach and and west 4th in Kits, i was driving up some long hill and come across about 10 decked out cyclists hogging the entire road. It was not a very narrow road so they could have easily moved to the shoulder to let me pass and they didn't and when i gave a little honk and waved my hand kindly hoping they'd move over they simply fingered me and yelled obscenity's. I continued to yell "lots of room just move over!" And they continued there irate hand gestures followed by obscenities, And i was stuck behind them driving 5k for like 3minutes, for what? Cause they were too bothered to pull aside and let me drive by very slowly? I wanted to throw a drink on them so badly (but had nothing to throw). You say that doesn't warrant that? Well I sure beg to fucking differ.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #79
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
All my Ottawa buddies said they same thing, until the woman I mentioned was killed and then they changed their mind. Not a single one of them would want to be the person who opened their door, or ran her over.
It was obviously a tragedy and I feel for the women and her family, but the bad guy here was the idiot who opened his door. If cyclists were to ride on the rode to aviod this from happening they would have to take up a full lane, which is just ridiculous. I've had this happen to me before and I just slammed on the brakes and drove right into the guys door and arm. A cyclist should never just turn into the traffic, as shown here the outcome is bad.
I use to do a lot of cycling and always rode defensively because I knew if things went bad, I'd get the worse of it. I notice that a lot of cyclist these days are being disrepectfull to the cars around them. Cyclist use to be nice people who care about people and the environment, now it seems like they are people who hate cars and the person inside them.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #80
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Sort of related...

When I'm on my motorbike and am at a red light in the right lane, sometimes there'll be a car or few behind me wanting to turn right. When I'm on the left side of the lane, they'll sometimes try to squeeze by me. It happens so frequently (and sometimes I'm nearly clipped by their side mirror) that I now stop in the middle of the lane to ensure no one tries to do it.
BillyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #81
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundless View Post
Sort of related...

When I'm on my motorbike and am at a red light in the right lane, sometimes there'll be a car or few behind me wanting to turn right. When I'm on the left side of the lane, they'll sometimes try to squeeze by me. It happens so frequently (and sometimes I'm nearly clipped by their side mirror) that I now stop in the middle of the lane to ensure no one tries to do it.
Yeah, a car should never overtake a motorcycle when in the same lane. They are entitled to a full lane because they can maintain the speed of traffic.
A cyclist who takes over a lane, blocks traffic, then screams out a obscenities to the traffic he is blocking, is just asking for it.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #82
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundless View Post
Sort of related...

Which is why you should be in lane position 3 and not 1 to ensure cars and cyclists don't squeeze in.
Posted via RS Mobile
Ilagon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #83
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
friends used to make a turn @ an intersection when a cyclist is coming (most cyclists it seems like to gauge their speed so they dont have to stop when someone is turning) and instead of following through with the turn my buddies would stop half way and the cyclists would run into the car after that got boring they moved on to paintballing cyclists.

this was when we were 16 though just a bunch of stupid teens goofing off

but @ times i wish there would be more stupid teens around
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #84
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Come around a corner, and here's one of these Spandex-clad two-wheeled pricks,
This.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #85
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskys SS View Post
If cyclists were to ride on the rode to aviod this from happening they would have to take up a full lane, which is just ridiculous.
Not true.

The parking lane usually has enough room to fit a parked car with its door open without intruding into the traffic lane. Cyclists use this space to ride rather than the rightmost 1m of the traffic lane, so cars are free to use the traffic lane without the cyclist impeding them - yet the cyclist under the law is allowed to use the rightmost 1m of the traffic lane, they do not have to ride in the parking lane and leave themselves susceptible to car doors being opened.

Thus a cyclist could avoid car doors and lawfully not take up a full lane (only the rightmost 1m) - yet most don't as a convenience to drivers.

I see this behaviour far more than cyclists taking up a whole lane, so lets not write cyclists off as inconsiderate for taking up a whole lane, when most of the time they try to convenience drivers at their own peril.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2011, 11:16 PM   #86
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
cyclists should consider occupying the sewers, doubt those get congested with traffic

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #87
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilagon View Post
Which is why you should be in lane position 3 and not 1 to ensure cars and cyclists don't squeeze in.
Posted via RS Mobile
I think he intends to tell us that he was going straight ahead and the cars behind wanted to turn right? Straight ahead position 1, right turn position 3 like you said. Car crowds you, move a bit to position 2 to discourage them. That's why you don't stop right at the stop line.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2011, 06:07 AM   #88
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,958 Times in 287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Biker's mindset:
Get off me Peddlebike and run after the car that ran over ppl.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...a3fc/event.png
MWR34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #89
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledog View Post
I would have no problem if the bike in this instance is making a right turn and taking up the whole lane. But the point is that the bike was going straight in a right-turn only lane, which means he should not be in that lane at all. He should have stayed in the lane beside the right-turn lane, taking up the whole lane if he deems it's necessary.

Let's just say there are too many idiot drivers AND idiot cyclists on the road.
Just drove by the intersection that OP was talking about and there is a sign that says all vehicles must turn right at the intersection except for bus and bicycles.

In this case, the cyclist is right to be in this lane and OP shouldn't be upset that he is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #90
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

thanks OP for starting this thread.
im sure many of us encounter this problem on the road

after reading the individual stories, if i ever encounter a stupid cyclist again i think i'll just point and laugh at them instead of getting mad~
hpw912 is offline   Reply With Quote