REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #26
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outreach View Post
Is that legal? Cyclists turning left in middle of intersection at lights in front of cars? See that shit all teh time also and it always makes me lol thinkin "you aren't a car dude!".
Of course it is legal. How else do they turn left then? Do you expect them to only go straight or make right turns?
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #27
GG

^

are u fucking kidding me

why the fuck should cars wait for a dumb motherfucker pedal thru left turn intersection while doing what? 20km an hour? fuck that shit

gtfo ur bike and cross it like a god damn pedestrian.

DO i see cyclists paying insurance? do i see them with license plate?

left turners usually able to cross 2-4 cars depending on volume, now thx to the cycle fag we can only cross 1-2 cars now? fuck u cyclists holding up traffic and wasting my fucking time. you are not a car, not a motorcycle, get the fuck out
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #28
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Vancouver cyclists can be douchy @ times, but cyclists on the island in Victoria are fucking ruthless, sometimes I swear it feels like they don't care whether they live or die
Posted via RS Mobile
MDMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #29
GG

honestly i dont think it can get any worse than these green faggots in DT, despite i havent been to victoria too many times
GG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #30
10psi aint enough...

Often I get those cyclists that just blocks you from turning right cause they need to stand further out
at intersection, making it hard for us to turn right safely.
Then I get those cyclists that stares you down when you have already fully stopped and yielded them, even though they have to yield to me at a 2 way stop on their side.

Just sharing my experience. :-)
Posted via RS Mobile
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #31
RS controls my life!

As a cyclist, there are certain situations when I will go curbside to let people make a right turn. But If I see a bus or some bigger vehicles behind me I will move over to the next lane to my left and wait in front of those cars so I don't hold up the bigger trucks then get back to curbside so I can continue my trek. A courteous cyclist should never be in the middle of that god damn lane. But some hardcores believe they should occupy it like its france...
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledog View Post
The South-East corner of Main & Terminal has a right turn lane. Now think of this cyclist as a car. If there's a car in the right turn lane trying to go straight and blocking everyone behind trying to turn right, I bet you would honk too.
I often take 33rd from MacDonald to Oak, and there's intersections at Arbutus, Granville, and Oak where a car turning left could leave enough room for other cars to go straight or to turn right - yet most of the time idiot drivers don't move over enough to leave space.

I may call these driver's idiots, yet truthfully they are just not confident drivers to judge space, most drivers aren't. Thus I don't honk, cause I realize its not going to change anything.

Now that you know bikes take up the lane so they don't get run over, you can chose not to honk as well.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Police should make it legal to hop onto the sidewalk whenever it is safe to do so. Im also a cyclist once in a while, and whenever i see cars lined up behind me i just jump onto the nearest sidewalk if there's little to no people.

Its not cyclists that pisses people off, its stupid cyclists that piss people off.
Bikes use the sidewalk on Oak and Knight st bridges without the policing saying otherwise. Bikes use the sidewalks at Main/Terminal all the time too. Legal or not, the police tend to look the other way anyways.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:47 PM   #34
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I often take 33rd from MacDonald to Oak, and there's intersections at Arbutus, Granville, and Oak where a car turning left could leave enough room for other cars to go straight or to turn right - yet most of the time idiot drivers don't move over enough to leave space.

I may call these driver's idiots, yet truthfully they are just not confident drivers to judge space, most drivers aren't. Thus I don't honk, cause I realize its not going to change anything.

Now that you know bikes take up the lane so they don't get run over, you can chose not to honk as well.
I would have no problem if the bike in this instance is making a right turn and taking up the whole lane. But the point is that the bike was going straight in a right-turn only lane, which means he should not be in that lane at all. He should have stayed in the lane beside the right-turn lane, taking up the whole lane if he deems it's necessary.

Let's just say there are too many idiot drivers AND idiot cyclists on the road.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #36
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Cats are for homoz
Get this lifted and they'd have a fun time trying to spit that high, with a low dump of course
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #37
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outreach View Post
"Mindbomber" and "sumaznguy" are gonna hunt you down over this shit.
Hey, do me a favor and turn in your license in before you make my insurance go up over your lack of knowledge of the MVA.

BikeSense - Cycling and Traffic Skills
Read Intersections and turning lanes part
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #38
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP700-4 View Post
Police should make it legal to hop onto the sidewalk whenever it is safe to do so. Im also a cyclist once in a while, and whenever i see cars lined up behind me i just jump onto the nearest sidewalk if there's little to no people.

Its not cyclists that pisses people off, its stupid cyclists that piss people off.

Also, why don't you pull over to the curb and let the cars pass you?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #39
Hyde's Understudy

didnt have audio , what was the point of that video???
Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #40
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster View Post
didnt have audio , what was the point of that video???
SUV didn't see bike because bike was on sidewalk and both collided. I'm assuming the bike was not walked therefore the biker was in fault but look at the distance between the sidewalk curb and where the SUV stopped...that must hurt...
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #41
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2_narain View Post
Hey, do me a favor and turn in your license in before you make my insurance go up over your lack of knowledge of the MVA.
Good luck w/ that, don't make me laugh.
Outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-03-2011, 09:53 AM   #42
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
i shit all over cyclists, all over them

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #43
Returner of Lost Phones and Turtles

Thanked 3,997 Times in 963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2_narain View Post
Also, why don't you pull over to the curb and let the cars pass you?
Most cyclists dont take up one full lane, usually they are as close to the curb as possible if safe. However some cyclists are uncomfortable and don't feel safe having cars very closely driving past them.

If you wanted cyclists to pull over to the curb and stop until there is no traffic then it would be impossible for any cyclist to get anywhere. Which is partly their fault, i admit. There are bike streets/routes all over Vancouver which are much safer and efficient for cyclists.
LP700-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #44
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,502 Times in 1,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Home View Post
When i got out of the car he positioned himself infront of his bike so when i kicked him in the chest he went backwards and got stuck in the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
wtf did she get some bolt-on titties or what?
they look sooooooooooo much bigger than they were 2ish years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
I can't stand the sound of Mandarin either. Boo yow nee bey nee shing bo now noong gey shee mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo mayo.
TypeRNammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #45
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
the answer to your problems are

wait for it

bike lanes
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #46
RS controls my life!

its awesome when you get to spash two cyclists with a puddle left overnight from rain I was going down victoria from kingsway towards broadway and these two asshole cyclists were in the middle of the road, they wouldnt move to the side even when i honked, they fingered me so i passed them and it so happens there was a puddle at the exact moment, they got splashed. looked at these assholes in my rear view was priceless. FAGGOTS
Old 11-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #47
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Funny this thread is running now because I had another cyclist altercation today, one of many. True story.

I was heading to pick someone up from the Vancouver hospital this morning, the one beside Broadway. I come to a four way stop. I approach first, then a guy in a truck on the opposite direction. I did see a biker coming from my right driving in the middle of the road, but it was a four way stop so not my problem. I proceeded to go ahead and make my turn left and out of nowhere the biker glances by hitting my right front fender. He screams "watch out" like it was my fault. I chase after him and hit his rear tire, he fell of his bike. I come to a stop and he quickly gets up and screams "what the fuck!". I launched forward and ran over his rear wheel and frame. My car is pretty low, but he had one of those speed bicycles so it didn't get caught up in my car anything. I just gun it and see him chase after LOL.... serves you right FAGGOT HIPPIE. I do have a slight scuff on my right fender, didn't notice till I got out after. Glad I took that asshole off his bike. You damage my shit I'll damage yours.

Last edited by 1exotic; 11-03-2011 at 06:50 PM.
1exotic is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #48
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
theres a kid in Ridge that doesn't stop @ this 4way stop by his house i encounter him a lot when im coming home @ night/afternoon

he just blazes right through the intersection and im thinking (abernethy way & 227th or 228th)

he's like asking to die especially when he does it @ night (he doesn't have any lights/reflectors)

i'd swear he was a ghost if i didn't see him doing it in the afternoon too
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #49
Need to Seek Professional Help

Came across this picture tonight...very fitting for this thread lol

For Sale:

BNIB Acupuncture Wallet PM me for details

Google / LG Nexus 4
crazyazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #50
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTTturbo2jz View Post
its awesome when you get to spash two cyclists with a puddle left overnight from rain I was going down victoria from kingsway towards broadway and these two asshole cyclists were in the middle of the road, they wouldnt move to the side even when i honked, they fingered me so i passed them and it so happens there was a puddle at the exact moment, they got splashed. looked at these assholes in my rear view was priceless. FAGGOTS
I love spoolin tha turbo and letting my BOV vent right as I pass them. Scare them shitless.