REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #17976
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

It's not doms. I can't straighten it Berz. I rested for a year and pushed a bicep workout full out curling 60lb bar 8 reps. Now I can't straighten it. I took a hot shower an it felt better but this morning my left arm can't straighten. I literally feel like T rex
Advertisement
BaoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #17977
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Here's my WOD (lol Cross-fit Term)

T-Bar Rows, 4 plates 8-10 reps, BB Rows 205 6-8 reps, Pullups superset with Straight bar curls, Seated rows (stacked that bitch) 10-12 reps superset with standing cable curls.

Berz out.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #17978
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaoTurbo View Post
It's not doms. I can't straighten it Berz. I rested for a year and pushed a bicep workout full out curling 60lb bar 8 reps. Now I can't straighten it. I took a hot shower an it felt better but this morning my left arm can't straighten. I literally feel like T rex
I'm telling you it is DOMS that's exactly what bicep DOMS does. It tries to pull your bicep into a ball. Get back in the gym.

Berz out.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #17979

Okay pops

Don't work out biceps though right lol
Old 06-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #17980
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
What exactly is stopping you from straightening your left arm? Is the muscle really stiff or sore or what?
Old 06-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #17981
Ricer Mod

Wrong it's been what 2-3 days now? Now is the proper time to hit them again.. just don't go full crossfit on them again haha..

Berz out.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #17982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
no fap challenge while you're at it
That's where gf comes in testosterone boost too lol
Old 06-12-2012, 02:53 PM   #17983

The muscle is stiff and sore. If I straighten it, it feels like my arm is being pulled hard. Today is day 2 of t Rex mode. It's the mid joint of my arm that's tight and yes it feels like my muscles are shrunk into a ball inside feeling
Old 06-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #17984
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
Oh that made me laugh. Day 2 of Trex mode. I know exactly what your feeling.
hud 91gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #17985
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
What exactly is stopping you from straightening your left arm? Is the muscle really stiff or sore or what?
I'm betting it's sore as fuck and causes great pain when he tries to straighten it. That's what Bicep DOMS is.

Berz out.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #17986
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
When you get back into the gym, it might be a good idea to change up your workout program to accomodate your "long-time-no-workout" physique.

To prevent any sort of excruciating pain from doms, its good to do endurance, 15-20 reps before you move on to doing any sort of strength programs. There are probably sources out there that say otherwise, but to me, this is probably what has worked best. Once you've gotten back into the groove of it, and you neural system is probably better able at recruiting your muscle fibers, it'll be less likely for u to get extremely painful spasms or abrupt connective tissue tears... Again, this is what I have found to be most helpful for me.. it is different for everyone out there..

Proper sleep and nutrition is probably your best bet for recovery.. all u can do is wait it out

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #17987

Thanks. I was planning to do what you said, high rep like 15 and low weights. Nutrition and sleep and rest is good also but I also read that heat packs and a hot shower is good. I'll probably go and buy some heat packs later and see how it feels.

Basically you're like a t Rex all day cuz your arms are kept bent and stiff. Being whiny but it's really really irritating like an itch you can't scratch lol
Old 06-12-2012, 03:39 PM   #17988
Ricer Mod

Just like any muscles you should be massaging it to try and make it let go and relax. That's what the heat packs do as well. We all know what your going through man I can picture exactly where it hurts and how lol.

Berz out.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #17989

Deload week for me. Recovery from EDC.
BlackV62K2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #17990
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

To those of you who use creatine in your green tea, have you seen/felt a difference in effectiveness versus dissolving it in room temp/cold liquids?
xXDragonXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #17991

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Fakkk went to the doctor for my knee pain, nothing seriuos, but I gotta cut down lifting and cardio for a week. Feels like my world turned upside down for the next week lol.. All I wanna do is stay home and pig out.

Other than pushups, situps, swimming.. Anything else I can do? Granted, it is only for a week, but I hope it doesn't last longer.
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #17992
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDragonXx View Post
To those of you who use creatine in your green tea, have you seen/felt a difference in effectiveness versus dissolving it in room temp/cold liquids?
anyone that says they do is either a) lying b) placebo effect or c) halogod
Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #17993
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
lol t-rex mode hahah ahh i sooo know the feeling! as berz has been telling you. Get back into the gym and just work on your other muscles. Even if it hurts in the beginning, as you work out it'll loosen up. But like berz said once again, dont trip out lol being sore is just part of the routine. you'll be fine.

Went gym and did shoulders again today, i was hoping to do 70's DB presses..but for some reason i felt hella weak today and only went up to my previous PR of 65's but i got 4 reps in instead of 3 felt good , but not good if that makes sense

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #17994
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

sign me up for placebo

my brosciense says my body processes the influx all at once better when its properly dissolved in hot water vs still grainy in cold water
jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #17995
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
ya but do you actually notice a difference? do you ever say "you know, i really shoulda taken my creatine in tea this week, i only lifted 30lbs instead of 70lbs" im going to guess no.

this broscience is like saying you shouldn't take protein with juice as the citric acid breaks down the protein. yet your stomach's gastric fluid (1-1.5ph) would make your orange juice (3.5ph) pee its pants.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #17996
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Really fuck I would work out in nothing but my underwear if I could. How do you get around the restricted movement? Sweaty cotton sticking to you? I hike up my shorts all the way to do squats, I can't imagine trying to do them in pants...
The gym I used to workout in had no AC, so it was pretty awful sometimes (mostly the summer time with 20+ temperature).

The gym where I workout at now has AC, and it's essentially a huge stadium. Lots of circulation. In fact, when I first went to the Oval, it was a little too cool. I wore track pants over my shorts, and have ever since.

I guess it also helps that I don't sweat easily.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #17997
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. I was planning to do what you said, high rep like 15 and low weights. Nutrition and sleep and rest is good also but I also read that heat packs and a hot shower is good. I'll probably go and buy some heat packs later and see how it feels.

Basically you're like a t Rex all day cuz your arms are kept bent and stiff. Being whiny but it's really really irritating like an itch you can't scratch lol

Rather than hot showers, try contrast baths, that's if your hydro bill isn't too high. Maybe right after a hot soak, turn it down to the point where the water is freezing cold.

It's what mma fighters like wanderlei silva do to prevent doms. Don't need to go hardcore like wanderlei and start throwing in chunks of ice, but a cold spray of water should do it. Skip to 6:53.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.

Last edited by instantneedles; 06-12-2012 at 06:16 PM.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #17998
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
swole back day

man the past couple months while i have been dieting, i have had some of the best workouts ever. It is my mind when i am in the gym i just feel so good and feel like god, nothing can stop me. People must think i am fucked up cause some times i just stand there and look like i am in a daze but my mind is on like a high when i am in the gym my body just feels so dam good i never want to leave. Every set feels so good.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-12-2012, 06:55 PM   #17999

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
swole back day
I can see that
Old 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #18000
J.C