REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #19901
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Fuckin' hell, how do those guys find pants to fit into?
Advertisement
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:05 PM   #19902
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
what. the. fuck.

I don't even. How do they get their legs that fuckin big without doing leg presses and leg curls? Just cycling (play on words) alone? Their legs are on par if not bigger than what most bodybuilders have...
I have a feeling they do a little more then a few laps around the track to build them legs. Do football players only play football, I always thought they did a lot of strength training too
Old 07-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #19903
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
what. the. fuck.

I don't even. How do they get their legs that fuckin big without doing leg presses and leg curls? Just cycling (play on words) alone? Their legs are on par if not bigger than what most bodybuilders have...
same guy doing squatz:
deep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #19904
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Feels like i lost a bit of strength but i feel leaner on layne nortons program.
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:49 PM   #19905
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
i think i gotta up my cardio..my 10k cycle in level 15 is getting easy now, today my ass started hurting (from the seat) faster then my legs started burning lol higher level time man this feels great

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)

Last edited by XplicitLuder; 07-31-2012 at 06:29 PM.
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #19906
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplicitLuder View Post
i think i gotta up my cardio..my 10k run in level 15 is getting easy now, today my ass started hurting (from the seat) faster then my legs started burning lol higher level time man this feels great
Bike you mean?
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 06:15 PM   #19907
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
getting tired of all these zyzz wannabes at the gym, there forgetting the part about working out
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #19908
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinsentoW View Post
Bike you mean?
edited, ty :P totally didnt catch it

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #19909
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
damn first day without any caffeine ... slept till 3 pm and been lying on a couch all day. Time to slam some PWO and hit the gym

how clean are you fellow IF guys staying? Some days its a pain in the ass to be up at 1:30am cooking because I need to hit macros .. rather just pop out and get a 1500 calorie sub from subway, get 250 cals of cookies, a protein shake and call it a night
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #19910
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
I definitely don't eat as clean as I should be. Sometimes I get into a mood for a week or so where I eat super clean, using the grill every day. Other times I am like and eat semi-clean.

Some days like yesterday, I just fall right off the wagon and say fuck it for a day. Had spaghetti, french toast, pizza, and beer. Those days are few and far between, thankfully. Last time was last month I think. Once a month, I can deal with that!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 08:17 PM   #19911
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
I think falling off the wagon for a day once a month is almost good for you. recharges the soul. And I could bro-science talk my way into believing it tricks your body into something something something some other words and bullshit and somehow reboots your cut.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #19912
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
I think falling off the wagon for a day once a month is almost good for you. recharges the soul. And I could bro-science talk my way into believing it tricks your body into something something something some other words and bullshit and somehow reboots your cut.
Not true
Someone long ago failed cutting and made up that story
Old 07-31-2012, 08:39 PM   #19913
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
started supplementing 40mg of ZINC ( NOT ZMA) before I sleep... I highy recommend this shit, feel awesome , deep sleep, no more grumpy mornings.. good shit and of course, boners of STEEL
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #19914
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0g0dv2 View Post
Not true
Someone long ago failed cutting and made up that story
Old 07-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #19915
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
started supplementing 40mg of ZINC ( NOT ZMA) before I sleep... I highy recommend this shit, feel awesome , deep sleep, no more grumpy mornings.. good shit and of course, boners of STEEL
zinc for the dink
TheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #19916

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTank View Post
zinc for the dink
That was my motto when I was selling supplements
Old 07-31-2012, 09:56 PM   #19917
RS Operative (G)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
hmmmm might have to try
Old 07-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #19918

Yeah when I take zinc before bed sometimes I pitch a tent so high, I wake up from a breeze
Old 07-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #19919
I am Hook'd on RS

unfortunately I didn't consider the time of when I take zinc so it's usually during the day. Sometimes that tent would be pitched as I was falling asleep that night... shit was fucked up... Need to get on that shit before bed
TheTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:41 PM   #19920
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep87 View Post
same guy doing squatz:
New Record 2x260 kg - YouTube
truth be told, i thot he could do 10 plates each side

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #19921
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That was my motto when I was selling supplements
which supplement company were u a rep for?

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #19922

I worked for a store in vancouver... First and only job ever!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #19923

Here's a good read if you are impressed by the physiques you've been seeing during the Olympics, and think that form and technique are not as important as big numbers

Now that the 2012 Olympics are in full force, we’re all reminded of the astonishing level of development the human body can achieve. You only need to look at the physiques of the gymnasts for proof. The guys who perform the rings and pommel horse events have the most impressive muscle development I’ve ever seen on natural athletes.

If your muscle-building efforts have come to a halt, I’ll bet that you’ve been searching for the latest program to get you out of that rut. Maybe you think you need more volume or a higher training frequency or a new set of exercises? Those elements are important, but most likely, that’s not the problem.

For the last few years I’ve spent most of my own training time around future Olympic gymnasts. Each week while training to improve my rings technique, I observe athletes of all ages: from 5 years old through high school teenagers. One thing I’ve noticed is there’s very little variety in their training. They don’t perform dozens and dozens of different exercises with varying sets, reps, and tempo. Instead, they focus on a handful of exercises on the rings, parallel bars, pommel horse, etc. However, their level of muscle development at such a young age is impressive.

Here’s the key: as these young athletes improve their technique with better control on the rings, etc. their muscle development also improves. How? Because it’s takes greater muscle activation to perfectly control a movement.

This is similar to Olympic weightlifters who compete in the snatch and clean and jerk. They don’t perform a lot of different exercises, either. In most cases they just do the two Olympic lifts along with a few assistance exercises. And man do those Olympic weightlifters have impressive physiques: especially in the lower weight classes where their body fat must be kept to a minimum.

How do gymnasts and Olympic weightlifters achieve head-turning muscle development with such little variety in their training? Because they constantly focus on achieving perfect technique with every rep.

So what is perfect technique? It’s when you maintain perfect control of the movement and your posture. This allows you to achieve the highest levels of muscle tension and motor unit recruitment. Unfortunately, there’s minimal focus on technique these days and that can lead to three problems: less muscle, less strength, and a higher risk of injury.

Take a typical YouTube video of the muscle-up, for example. You’ll often see kipping and a forward head posture to pull off the move. Kipping became a necessary aspect of the muscle-up because people weren’t strong enough to pull their body into the correct position. And the abrupt forward head posture is a neural reflex mechanism that can mess up your neck, shoulders, or both.

I mention the muscle-up for good reason. It’s an advanced exercise that people attempt to pull off when they’re not ready. One of the reasons I started my Rings and Power seminar is to teach athletes and trainers how to “peel back” the advanced rings exercises. There’s a strong emphasis on perfect technique, right from the start, and then the moves become more complex over time. When you focus on perfect technique you gain three benefits.

More muscle: controlling the instability of the rings requires intense focus between the mind and muscles. This enhanced mind-muscle connection increases motor unit recruitment so you can build muscle faster.

More strength: rings and other body weight exercises require you to slow down the movements and focus on high-tension muscle contractions to stabilize and move your body through space. These high-tension contractions recruit your largest, strongest motor units.

Lower risk of injury: when you perform exercises with your glutes and abs activated, and when you keep your neck packed (chin tucked and head neutral with the spine), your spinal column is in its ideal position to release the most neural input to the muscles while minimizing stress to your neck and shoulder joints.

So each time you perform an exercise, imagine you’re being tested on it. Keep your core and glutes activated, keep your head neutral with the spine, and focus on achieving as much tension as possible in the peak contraction phase.

Now, I know that perfect technique can’t be taught in a blog post, but when you learn how to do challenging exercises such as the muscle-up and handstand push-up from the rings with control, your muscle development will reach a new level.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #19924
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

crossfit
deep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #19925
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
^ thats fucking retarded. What a fucking idiot