REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:46 PM   #2176
Banned (ABWS)

like mike pulcinella says
only 6 - 7 food works for making best leanest body ever
1. banana
2. tuna
3. brown rice
4. white egg
5. sweet potatoe
6. oat meal
7. chicken breast

just eat those everyday then ull prob be so ripped lol
Advertisement
Fobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #2177
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
thanks hud, my lats have always been a strong point for me
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #2178
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
After looking at hal0g0v2's lats I compared to mine and I need some serious work. I'd say they are probably my weakest part. Everything else seems to develop evenly but the lats are really lacking. I can't even make them sore, as a matter of fact, I don't think they have ever been sore. My last workout I focused on some wide grip lat pull downs, and I reduced the weight by about 15-20% to try and really focus on contracting the muscles. I tried hammering on them. Not sore (I know this isn't a effective way on judging a workout). Anyone have some other good lat exercises? I've been doing straight arm pulldown, lat pull downs, pull ups. Nothing seems to hit them.

Frustration!
I find this helps to focus on form: imagine that there is an orange sitting in between your shoulder blades, and each time you to the concentric motion, squeeze that orange with your shoulder blades. That really helps focus the lats.

At my best, my lats grew a bit, but they were always these two round 'plates' coming down behind me. Not huge fucking cobra wings like halogodv2
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #2179

This is the only pic I have of my back, when I was probably near my peak level of fitness in 2008:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1626102orig.jpg (3.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #2180
RS Operative (G)

just got back from doing back and biceps,
all i did for back was dead lifts 7 sets, and weighted pulls ups and some cable rows, not magic or anything simple stuff that will make your back grow, then threw some biceps in at the end
Old 09-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #2181
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
when you do lat and actually many back exercises try to focus on pulling your elbows down or back. not pulling your hands down or back. if you focus on pulling your elbows, you will pull more with your back than your arms. i dunno its kind of hard to explain.

like pretend you dont actually have forearms or hands, you just have weights tied to where your elbows are and thats what you're trying to move.

and when you do chins, focus on bringing your elbows down to your sides, as opposed to bringing your hands to your chin.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #2182
RS Operative (G)

yeah trying to explain back excersises is hard you kinda just have to get it yourself
Old 09-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #2183

yea. once you get the feeling its like "oh yeaaaaa thats how you do it!"
Old 09-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #2184
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
More protein and fat, keep carbs relatively low, but more importantly make sure you are only getting them from good sources (so NOT rice, wheat, corn, etc).

The 'green faces' is a bit dumbed down, because there are a lot of really good foods that aren't green. The idea is solid though, but really it's as simple as eliminating starches from the diet. If everyone in the world did that, diabetes, obesity, and heart disease would just about disappear.
the green faces is meant to be dumbed down. cause people will tend to cheat on their diet if you don't keep it simple. "so easy a caveman could do it"

Quote:
The key word here is green. There's nothing inherently "wrong" with yellow peppers, cauliflower, or tomatoes during a fat loss phase, but what we're looking for is simplicity — just do this and this, and then this will happen. The more leeway you allow and the more rules you try to bend, especially when dieting, the greater chance you have of screwing something up.

Do the veggies literally have to be green? Not usually, but for our purposes here on this diet, under these circumstances... yes, they do. Of course there's nothing about carrots or eggplant that could seriously compromise your fat loss efforts, but for the sake of consistency and minimal complication, stick to the plan. It's just four weeks. You can gorge on yellow zucchini or red onions afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobman View Post
like mike pulcinella says
only 6 - 7 food works for making best leanest body ever
1. banana
2. tuna
3. brown rice
4. white egg
5. sweet potatoe
6. oat meal
7. chicken breast

just eat those everyday then ull prob be so ripped lol
without dietary fats, your body will hold onto the fat stores. you won't be "ripped". if you only eat those foods, say goodbye to your testosterone.
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #2185

Had a good workout today. Week 2 is over! Adding to my log now.

I wasn't supposed to, but I added a few sets of some calf work. I always had decent calves from my cycling days, so I'll keep working on them. Just about everyone else at the gym has huge puffy creatine chests and skinny chicken legs
Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #2186
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Anyone have gastric problems with weight gainers? I'm thinking about getting off it do to the amount of gas I get after taking it. I'm probably just going to search up some high calories shakes to make instead.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #2187

Been pumped on goin to the gym all day today at work. now that Im home, I realize that since I work for myself I forgot its a stat. so the gym is closed tonite.

Guess Im goin for a run..
Old 09-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #2188
I subscribe to Revscene

fitness world open till 11. woo hooo!
Posted via RS Mobile
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #2189

I'm at the point where I am actually disappointed that I have to take 2 days off every week

But it's specifically designed that way for recovery, so...

Just got my order from BB.com. Got a free jar of "Essential AmiN.O. Energy" which is an amino acid drink with citrulline, caffeine, and beta alanine. Would make a perfect replacement for drinking Coke Zero, but there's a bit too much caffeine in it (about twice as much as Coke)

Will probably try it before my next workout, maybe in combination with the pre workout shit I already have that does nothing. At least this stuff has enough Beta Alanine to give the tingle.. The other stuff doesn't do shit even with double dosage.

I also like how they say how much caffeine is in each scoop. That is really important to me, and I wish everyone would do it. I took a pre-workout supp before, and had a caffeine overdose/anxiety attack which affected me for weeks if not months.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #2190
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
^ how much does shipping cost for you spup
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #2191

This order was 20 lbs, and cost around $90 by FedEx, or $60-70 by regular post. I have used regular post before, and it takes almost a month. That's fine when I don't need the stuff right away, but this time I did

Even though the shipping costs effectively 1/3 the total order, it's still WAY WAY WAY cheaper than buying locally. Everything is at LEAST twice the price here. Usually 3X or more.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #2192
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
so Pre workout supps would cost about $100 in HK?
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #2193

I can check, but most likely. The last thing I checked prices on was Glutamine, and it was $55-68 USD for a 1000g bottle, depending on brand. I just bought one from BB.com for $25
Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #2194

so I went to the track/football stadium to run tonite

ran 5k with two sets of stadium stair sprints every 2.5k.

actually felt pretty good and was sorta fun. and took less than 25 minutes total. i might do it weekly for the next month or 2 until it gets too cold. with more stair sprints too for sure.

legs and calves were burning like crazy after the second group of stair sprints, i guess i havent run much since last soccer season. which is good since next season starts next week. hah
Old 09-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #2195
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I can check, but most likely. The last thing I checked prices on was Glutamine, and it was $55-68 USD for a 1000g bottle, depending on brand. I just bought one from BB.com for $25
what kinda work you do in HK? you use to live in BC?
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #2196

I don't work in HK. Yes I am from BC
Old 09-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #2197
RS Operative (G)

dude did you buy the hydrolized whey ^^^ is that why you got the free jar
Old 09-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #2198

Yup, I figured it was worth checking out due to the free product which I was also interested in checking out

BTW I have gained about 4.5 lbs already. Although I'm sure much is water since I am way more hydrated than I was before I started training. Since I'm starting from just about zero, I guess 1 or 2 lbs per week should be somewhat expected for a while at least
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #2199
RS Operative (G)

yeah that will deff happen
Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #2200

definitely. the most progress (weight wise) I made was during the first 6 months of getting into the gym while muscles hardened up. when everything goes from squishy to dense as a rock is awesome. then it gets a little harder. hah.

A point about that is all the people who say "Ive been working out for 8 months and blah blah blah." I dont think people realize how LONG it takes of fucking hard work to really get good progress. I would say its EASILY a FULL YEAR of heavy lifting before your body starts to learn what the gym is about. I remember even 9 months ago, when I thought I was working hard and shit, it wasnt anything compared to now.

Id say in all honesty, unless you're a lucky genetic freak, for most of us, you havent done shit in the gym unless you've been there full time for 2.5 years straight. I think thats around the time when you start to not just look like you've been working out abit, but actually start to look like you're serious about it. That will be next Spring/Summer for me. Im interested to see what happens. I mean, how many real big body builders or power lifters do you see in their 20s? Theres a few who started as teens, but the majority of big guys are in their mid 30s.