REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #9776
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
That's all you do? That's nothing.. well for me. I do like 6 sets shoulder press, 5 sets side laterials , 5 rear and like 4 front raises.. am I doing too much? I find if I do less I don't gain anything.. but even then I've been plateaued for a long ass time now and just started doing a lot more for shoulders which seems to be working.. edit. Just noticed u work shoulders every 4 days which is close to twice a week
Posted via RS Mobile
Wow that's a lot of sets. How many reps?

For me, i usually do:
Overhead press/Shoulder dumbbell press 3sets of 6-8reps depending on weight(or 5x5 for overhead)
Seated bent over rear delt raises 3 sets of 8-10reps
Lateral raises 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Front delt raises 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Uptight rows 3 sets of 8-10reps
And if i'm not feeling tired i do Arnold Presses.

Works for me.
Advertisement

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:29 AM   #9777
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
I am drinking 3.25%. This is my second time doing it. First time gained 10lbs in 25 days. This time... 10 lbs in 10 days. Saturday will be my last day because I should be 201lbs. Then get back to eating healthy.

There is some noticeable fat gain around the mid section. I used to be able to see my abs poking through a bit but not anymore. You can't avoid some fat gains you can only minimize it by avoiding fatty foods while on GOMAD.

I actually tried chocolate milk for a day because I read someone did it for 6 months?! Just bought 1L and felt like crap after drinking it one sitting lol

Do it LC. The worst part about doing gomad is all the comments from coworkers/family/friends etc hahah everyone has an opinion. Oh and the looks you get buying 4 jugs of homo milk at the grocery store
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #9778
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Homo milk. 3.25% I think.

Does anybody know who the guy is at 0:34 BODYBUILDING EXTREM MOTIVATION 2011 - YouTube ?
here you go
alexey lesukov - YouTube
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #9779
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Seems like a bit, i dont even think i drink a gallon of water a day. Do you guys bring a jug
Of milk to work and jus drink it all or did you buy 1L so you can keep some refrigerated while working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AME_VIP View Post
I am drinking 3.25%. This is my second time doing it. First time gained 10lbs in 25 days. This time... 10 lbs in 10 days. Saturday will be my last day because I should be 201lbs. Then get back to eating healthy.

There is some noticeable fat gain around the mid section. I used to be able to see my abs poking through a bit but not anymore. You can't avoid some fat gains you can only minimize it by avoiding fatty foods while on GOMAD.

I actually tried chocolate milk for a day because I read someone did it for 6 months?! Just bought 1L and felt like crap after drinking it one sitting lol

Do it LC. The worst part about doing gomad is all the comments from coworkers/family/friends etc hahah everyone has an opinion. Oh and the looks you get buying 4 jugs of homo milk at the grocery store
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #9780
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:58 AM   #9781
RS Veteran

I've got a fridge at work so last time I always had a 4L at work. It can be harder to keep track if you a 4L going at work and a 4L going at home.

This time I found it easier to keep track if I just have 500mL to 1L in the morning, then bring 1L in a water bottle to work. I drink the other 2-2.5L in the afternoon/evening.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:13 AM   #9782
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
any1 got any good work outs to strengthen the shoulders ive been having problems with my left one for a while now mostly the back part ive just been doing resistance bands but not really any luck
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:32 AM   #9783
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,810 Times in 8,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
It's extremely gay, but you should see the male pole dancer from this year's America's Got Talent. That guy's strength is unbelievable.

no homo?

yes homo. Google it if you dare
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #9784
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
That's crazy shit. Gymnast strength is unparalleled.

Berz out.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #9785
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Hey guys can I am sure in this thread of 443 pages there are routines listed. Is there anyway we can sticky to links of some of the favorites and maybe thoughts/supplements to go with them. I know this is going to be Varied quite a bit but it looks like there are some pretty serious people in here and it would be helpful and a little easier to see all the info in one spot. I know that i can google routines or go to a BB forum but i like read about routines locals do and if they are supplementing, meals ,cutting etc. If body types were listed with routines it might be helpful as well. Just a thought. IF there is something like this already set up i searched but couldn't see it.
silva95teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #9786
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
http://www.revscene.net/forums/639983-supplements.html

http://www.revscene.net/forums/63481...s-dummies.html
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #9787

Yeah i know about the supplements stickys, I just meant to include Routines so some one can see the direction someone is training and the reason they are taking the supplements they do.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #9788
Ricer Mod

You don't take supps to augment a specific routine you take them to recover, bulk, cut etc. The way you lift and the weight you lift determines your size and strength gains. You can do a LOT with diet (actually diet is more important than lifting in many aspects) but you really just need to get in there and learn what your body likes. Don't go week to week, go month to month and try different things. ie. Days rest, reps per set, number of sets, weight per set. You'll find out through doing this what your body likes best. If your new to working out stick with basic compound exercises for the first few months to build up a strong base before jumping into splits or isolations.

There are only so many things you can do with weights so figuring out how to make your body adapt is the key to getting good gains.

I'm not one to jump on bandwagons or fads but the Stronglifts 5x5 program is great for beginners and builds up a great strength base while teaching you proper form in some of the basic but important lifts.

Berz out.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #9789
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
If you gained ten pounds in ten days guaranteed 99% of that was fat. Our bodies don't put on anywhere near that amount of muscle in that amount of time. This of course is all subject to whether or not you're on cell-tech
Posted via RS Mobile
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #9790
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
fuck the chestbra at gnc told me i would make mad gains of dat celltech in no time
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #9791
Ricer Mod

Lol 10lbs in 10 days is just water weight.

Berz out.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #9792
RS Veteran

Yep. It will come off again pretty fast. It just teaches your body to eat more even when you are full.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #9793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
You don't take supps to augment a specific routine you take them to recover, bulk, cut etc. The way you lift and the weight you lift determines your size and strength gains. You can do a LOT with diet (actually diet is more important than lifting in many aspects) but you really just need to get in there and learn what your body likes. Don't go week to week, go month to month and try different things. ie. Days rest, reps per set, number of sets, weight per set. You'll find out through doing this what your body likes best. If your new to working out stick with basic compound exercises for the first few months to build up a strong base before jumping into splits or isolations.

There are only so many things you can do with weights so figuring out how to make your body adapt is the key to getting good gains.

I'm not one to jump on bandwagons or fads but the Stronglifts 5x5 program is great for beginners and builds up a great strength base while teaching you proper form in some of the basic but important lifts.

Berz out.
Thats some great information. I am not new to working out at all, Almost 10 years but i am still always trying something new. Just started lifting heavier and lowering my reps and have noticed some nice increases already.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:00 PM   #9794
Ricer Mod

The most important thing to remember is this "If you want to grow you have to consume more calories in a day than you burn" So look at how much your eating and how much your burning and you'll know right away if you need to improve your eating habits.

Berz out.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #9795

Quote:
The most important thing to remember is this "If you want to grow you have to consume more calories in a day than you burn" So look at how much your eating and how much your burning and you'll know right away if you need to improve your eating habits.

Berz out.
I personally don't want to get bigger. Stronger yes, much bigger no. I am only 5'8" and am sitting at 195 lbs and 19% BF on one of those electronic scales at the gym. So right now i am more focused on losing that And either way bigger or smaller i agree with you diet is probably the biggest influence.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #9796
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
last week of training not even getting tired or muscle fatigue liftin heavy as fuck... time to go heavier
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #9797
Ricer Mod

Well in that case you should still check your caloric intake and reduce it drastically to lose some of that bf%. If you want to get stronger do sets in the 10-12 range and do 4 sets and 4 exercises per body part as a minimum guideline. If your lifting heavier than you were before your going to bulk up

Berz out.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #9798
Ricer Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
last week of training not even getting tired or muscle fatigue liftin heavy as fuck... time to go heavier
Heavier? If your already lifting heavy maybe more reps are what the doctor ordered rather than more weight? I did a high volume week this week and every body part is sore as fuck lol.

Berz out.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #9799

Quote:
Well in that case you should still check your caloric intake and reduce it drastically to lose some of that bf%. If you want to get stronger do sets in the 10-12 range and do 4 sets and 4 exercises per body part as a minimum guideline. If your lifting heavier than you were before your going to bulk up

Berz out.
I have reduced calories somewhat, bulking up is not too bad the extra muscle will help burn some of that BF
Old 11-04-2011, 02:58 PM   #9800
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
what exactly is cell tech and anyone here using or or used before?

And how much are you guys leg pressing?
Posted via RS Mobile
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote