REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #14651
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayslive View Post
Any tips on how to get my deadlift to three plates? I can do about 5 reps on two plates and 1 rep on two plate+25 or 2 on a good day.. Should I keep doing reps on two plates or slowly increase? I feel like total shit after doing such doing the twoplate+25 though

pinner for life
Work on volume (reps), once you hit 5 slap on 5-10 more lbs the next time you work out.
Try a strength program (starting strength / stronglifts 5x5) if you wanna get your numbers up
Advertisement
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #14652
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
gerbs you're going to hurt yourself if you keep on doing that.
keeps your ass down, sit like a squat and keep your chest out. raise your back and legs at the same time or like ^ said, youll be using 100% back to pull up!

anyways, what should I do if the front/left part of my left delt hurts a lil when I do any sort of press? I feel like it's preventing me from doing bench.. I can do a 65-70 dumbell press but I can barely do a single 45 bench press :S maybe its not my shoulder but another problem? please help!
i like to do
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 3
275 x 1
295 x 1
max x 1
85% 1RM to failure (4-5 reps)
75% 1RM for 10

back is fried next day and i increase the 1rm by 5lbs each day or more if im feeling good, i went from 265 x 3 to 285 x 2 to 315 x 2 to 320 x 1 in about 3 weeks with this method.

i do one back day with only those ^ no other back exercises (thickness) , next back day i do lots of rowing variations (width), so i deadlift about 8 or so days apart, thats whats works for me, give it a try, also buy chalk if u havent already ($5)
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #14653
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

is that for dl's?
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #14654
J.C
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
*edit, nvm found all the answers
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #14655

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx2gls View Post
My arms are really starting to lag behind the rest of my body so I am thinking of doing some a few sets of arms on my shoulder day.

Mon: Shoulder/Arms
Tue: Legs/Abs
Wed: Rest
Thur: Back/Bis
Fri: Chest/Tris

Opinions? Will doing 4-5 sets for arms do anything?
I honestly think overtraining with arms is really not a factor. I use to have my own bi day and own tri day(srs) and my arms were bigger than they are now. Right now I only do bis after back day and tris after chest day.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #14656
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
is that for dl's?
yes quoted the wrong post
Posted via RS Mobile
PK6o4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #14657
J.C

Thanked 2,790 Times in 592 Posts
anyone here do front squats?

going to start doing them soon, what're some ways to build wrist flexibility?
J.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #14658
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Any tips on how to get my deadlift to three plates? I can do about 5 reps on two plates and 1 rep on two plate+25 or 2 on a good day.. Should I keep doing reps on two plates or slowly increase? I feel like total shit after doing such doing the twoplate+25 though

pinner for life
I feel you bro, i am at where you are right now, and what im doing is doing 5x5s on the two plates and doin sets of 10 reps for rackpulls. Gonna add 25lb more each side next time i lift
Posted via RS Mobile
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #14659

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Situation View Post
I honestly think overtraining with arms is really not a factor. I use to have my own bi day and own tri day(srs) and my arms were bigger than they are now. Right now I only do bis after back day and tris after chest day.
yeah..same here, they are such a small muscle group it can recover quick
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #14660
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 910 Posts
ill get another vid up using more of my legs on tuesday
Posted via RS Mobile
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:03 AM   #14661
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Arms can be trained 6-7 days a week easily. A good thing to do is a daily split. So full body in the morning, and arms that night.
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:18 AM   #14662

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc95 View Post
anyone here do front squats?

going to start doing them soon, what're some ways to build wrist flexibility?
I do them, cleaned straight off the ground.

One way is to flex your wrist by pulling the hand backwards with your elbow. (going under the elbow and behind)

You can do this stretch anywhere, several times per day.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #14663
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
did 90 x 6 dumbell press on the weekend not bad for going 1 - 2 times a week
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #14664
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Question for you guys, had a discussion with a friend...

Is there a difference between clean calories and 'dirty' calories. I understand calories are calories and in order to lose weight you'll need to burn more than you consume. To bulk up you'll need to consume more than you burn off. But what if you just want to maintain and build lean muscle. Is eating 2000 calories of, protein shakes, whole wheat bread, tuna, eggs, chicken, vegs, rice, etc the same as eating mcdonald burgers equivalent to the same amount of calories?
ezol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #14665
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
first off i wouldn't recommend eating fast food all the time lol you may look healthy but your insides are gunna be fucked, stick with clean foods im sure it will be easy enough to maintain your weight by just looking in the mirror and on the scale and going from there eat lots of protein and few carbs
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #14666
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,051 Times in 676 Posts
Quote:
gerbs you're going to hurt yourself if you keep on doing that.
keeps your ass down, sit like a squat and keep your chest out. raise your back and legs at the same time or like ^ said, youll be using 100% back to pull up!
A deadlift should not be "sat like a squat". It's a hip hinge. If your starting position is a squat while attempting a deadlift, the bar will have to travel around your knees in order for the weight to come up; the bar should go in a straight path.

Just my two cents
Fcukedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #14667
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,397 Times in 910 Posts
^ how low should i start?
Posted via RS Mobile

Last edited by Gerbs; 02-27-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #14668
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezol View Post

Is there a difference between clean calories and 'dirty' calories. I understand calories are calories and in order to lose weight you'll need to burn more than you consume. To bulk up you'll need to consume more than you burn off. But what if you just want to maintain and build lean muscle. Is eating 2000 calories of, protein shakes, whole wheat bread, tuna, eggs, chicken, vegs, rice, etc the same as eating mcdonald burgers equivalent to the same amount of calories?
Yes, there is. When you're trying to bulk you have to eat as much as you can but you will always get better results from eating cleaner. I bulked once with the help of McD's (2000 cal meals every other day) and though it worked I felt like shit. I didn't know it at the time but I just did it again in the fall by eating all healthy stuff, cutting out excess sugar, and avoiding fast food. The result was an equal weight gain but more strength and more energy day to day.

After this I did some real research into fast food and I now avoid most of them like the plague. There is some seriously disgusting shit people put in their bodies from these places, McDonalds being the worst.

Did my 5x5 heavy squat, flat bench, and DL routine yesterday. Woke up today feeling like the stay puft marshmallow man
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #14669
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:

yes there is a huge difference between quality food and shit food. in case you didn't know this already. seriously
niu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #14670
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:

genetic/body dependent. Majority of the population , you will have greater results while eating clean where as some others like youtube.com/peterubish1 just eats beef for his protein and fucking candy and junk/pizza to fulfil rest of his calories..... Know how your body works
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #14671
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,525 Posts
Man ive never trained hammies and did high rep straight leg dl and squats Saturday, so fried today.
No idea how im gonna deadlift today but come at me weights
Posted via RS Mobile
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #14672

Taking a week off, fuck I'm bored. Only so many times I can fapp in a day

MY FEEDBACK
jimzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #14673

^Thats when having a gf comes in handy

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
I feel you bro, i am at where you are right now, and what im doing is doing 5x5s on the two plates and doin sets of 10 reps for rackpulls. Gonna add 25lb more each side next time i lift
Posted via RS Mobile
shit I just did rackpulls for the first time, did so much more weight!!
almost reached three plates, so happy

now its time to do them without the rack..

btw, are you supposed to do more sets on the rack than on a regular DL? Or should I just stick to doing my 4-6 reps on both?
Old 02-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #14674
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Yes, there is. When you're trying to bulk you have to eat as much as you can but you will always get better results from eating cleaner. I bulked once with the help of McD's (2000 cal meals every other day) and though it worked I felt like shit. I didn't know it at the time but I just did it again in the fall by eating all healthy stuff, cutting out excess sugar, and avoiding fast food. The result was an equal weight gain but more strength and more energy day to day.

After this I did some real research into fast food and I now avoid most of them like the plague. There is some seriously disgusting shit people put in their bodies from these places, McDonalds being the worst.

Did my 5x5 heavy squat, flat bench, and DL routine yesterday. Woke up today feeling like the stay puft marshmallow man
Must be some interesting "real" research. In reality land, MacDonalds has the cleanest food if you choose wisely.

It's all about what you eat, not WHERE you eat.
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #14675

^ what in MacDonalds is clean?

Im more of an ecto, and looking into bulking with more dirty calories but I'm afraid that it's gonna mess me up