REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #26
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
before anybody jumps to the conclusion that this has anything to do with Islam.... nope... these are tribal customs from tribal regions in Afghanistan, there is no honor killings in Islam...

the 3 worst sins in Islam are as follows

1) non belief in God (obvious)
2) suicide (your body is sacred and basically on rent from God whilst in this world, must not be damaged)
3) murder (killing one person is as if you've killed all of humanity, saving one person is as if you've saved all of humanity)

Don't really know much about Islam, but if suicide and murder are 2/3 worst sins - whats the deal on "suicide bombers" and "jihad" in the name of their god? Is Jihad a sham?
Advertisement

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #27
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
So that explains why he killed the three daughters, but what about the first wife?
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
The government should do the honourable thing in the name of all Canadians both native born and immigrants, who obey the law and appreciate the freedoms we have in this country, and deport these fucks back to the piece of shit sandlot they came from.

So don't sent them to jail???

Canada do a major crime don't go to jail but get a free trip back to where you came from.

Does that sound right to you? What if it was an American?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:47 AM   #29
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
before anybody jumps to the conclusion that this has anything to do with Islam.... nope... these are tribal customs from tribal regions in Afghanistan, there is no honor killings in Islam...

the 3 worst sins in Islam are as follows

1) non belief in God (obvious)
2) suicide (your body is sacred and basically on rent from God whilst in this world, must not be damaged)
3) murder (killing one person is as if you've killed all of humanity, saving one person is as if you've saved all of humanity)
You should elaborate on the non belief in God.. seeing as how those that have never heard of Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc, would be rewarded the same way a Muslim would be, so long as they were a good person.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #30
The sound of inevitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
Don't really know much about Islam, but if suicide and murder are 2/3 worst sins - whats the deal on "suicide bombers" and "jihad" in the name of their god? Is Jihad a sham?
That's his point ...

think about it..

And define sham.

The only ocean creature you can call yourself is the giant squid. He's the destroyer of ships, and the eater of seamen. At least you share one of those traits.
-Hypa

mixed girls that look predominatly asian with subtle caucasian features=what i'd give my left nut for
-6chr0nic4
The7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #31
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So don't sent them to jail???

Canada do a major crime don't go to jail but get a free trip back to where you came from.
IMO jail in Canada is better than living in worn torn Afghanistan. Here they'd still have clean running water, heat and A/C, quality food, safety, and human rights. All those things they took advantage of when fleeing their native country for a better life. A better life for their children that they murdered in cold blood. Why should they continue to have them on the Canadian tax payers dollar? These people deserve capital punishment and nothing less, but since we won't do that in Canada I say send them back to the fucking desert so they can fend for themselves and squat in a mud hut or cave. Freeze their assets, and have their criminal records sent to INTERPOL and all other governments with open immigration policies so they'll be denied if they ever try to emigrate somewhere else.

Canada needs to grow some fucking balls and stop allowing our country to be an international garbage dump for immigrants that aren't welcome elsewhere. They abused the system to get in, and after murdering four people continue abusing it by having a fair trial. The victims are their own family, there's no justice to be had for anyone else so why is Canada fronting the bill for a trial? In the words of the late John McAleese "Bang bang, job done".

Last edited by JD像; 12-22-2011 at 11:03 AM.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #32
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Are all these islamic honour killers from Afghanistan?

Honor Killing: Islam's Gruesome Gallery - Atlas Shrugs
Not just Arabs,but East Indians too.

Do you remember a few years ago about a East Indian man who lived in the B.C interior who killed his daughter in the name of honour?

It was messed up,the reason he killed his daughter was because she was dating a First nations guy and he did not approve of the relationship at all.

A friend of mine was taken into Surrey pretrail during the time of his arrest,he was waiting around in the same room with him,both waiting to get booked,my friend told me,this man showed no remorse whatsoever,he was so stone faced with no emotion,he had cops come in screaming at him for the crime he did and they asked him if he had any idea how serious the crime he is going to be charged with.

Friend told me,the most fucked up thing was,he looked like he was proud of what he had done.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #33
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Ah, so it must be pure coincidence that only islamic countries do honor killing then.

Of course if you go 'by the letter of the book' it can be interpreted that honor killing = murder. But somehow, people are not interpreting it that way for some reason. For some reason, even though the Qur'an "celebrates the inherent dignity bestowed by God upon all human beings regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or religion", women have less rights than animals in these countries, and people from other ethnicities become slaves, and of course you have people going to jail for being homosexual.

to answer briefly, honor killings don't just happen in islamic countries, India has a very big problem with it, and I'm sure other countries out there as well I'm not aware of.
And the second point you nailed it, it's all in the interpretation of the words... it is very simple, you just follow the book by the word like you said, but instead the nature of man is to bend anything and everything they can in their favour to benefit them which obviously results in horrible practices such as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Are all these islamic honour killers from Afghanistan?

Honor Killing: Islam's Gruesome Gallery - Atlas Shrugs

no, but this specific thread was specifically about a specific region, specifically speaking Afghanistan... I could have easily said it happens in Saudi Arabia as well and other middle eastern countries, but this thread was specific to the Afghan region, so I tried to be as specific as possible.....
has my answer been specific enough for you ? I thought cops liked it when people answered questions straight up....
if you got some kind of bias (pretty obvious you do), I'm sorry I can't help you with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post

Well the Western understanding of Jihad is a sham, the word itself isn't even what most people think it is.... everyone thinks it means holy war, but it literally means struggle against oppression.... meaning if I come into your land to take what's yours, you have the right to defend yourself like you would here.... Jihad means precisely that, and nothing else...
so off course by the fact that the USA literally occupies certain countries (no other way to put it) like Iraq, Afghanistan... it would be very easy for a citizen living there to involve the principle of Jihad, I personally understand it...
if America sent troops to Vancouver saying they're waging war on Stephen Harper, well personally I would be happy, he's a douche and he deserves it just for that haircut alone... but as a Canadian citizen when these American troops are killing my innocent fellow Canadians, I'd fckin wage Jihad on their ass too... they're in my house no matter how they're sugarcoating their words

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7even View Post
You should elaborate on the non belief in God.. seeing as how those that have never heard of Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc, would be rewarded the same way a Muslim would be, so long as they were a good person.

Well the thing is most people don't know actually I don't think anybody really knows unless you've read the Qu'ran yourself fully, My memory escapes me but from recollection it is said that by the end of time something like 72 sects of Christianity, 72 of Judaism and 73 of Islam will be prevalent, but only 1 sect from each side will make it to heaven, there was other factors in this as well but these are the main points I remember....
I don't know of any other mainstream religion that says as long as you yourself find a direct path to the true God, (meaning like you said being a good person and at least believing in a God) you will find entry to heaven....

And my last general point to anybody wondering, need to be aware of the fact that Islam was brought to a region that has been following tribal customs for a thousand, two, 3 thousand years before that.... tough to change thousand year old ways...
If you guys want to look at a really good example of what Islam can really mean to a society, do NOT look at these sand naggers in the Arabian peninsula and close by in these Central Asian regions, their ruling elite is mostly despised by their own people anyway, that's why you're seeing all the uprisings happening now... and out of 1.5 billion Muslims worldwide, that region only constitute of literally no more than 300 million... think about that number for a second... I mean there are more Muslims throughout the regions of China and nearby than there are in all of Arabia

take a good look at Malaysia, 50 years ago that country was nothing but jungle and swamp.... and now it houses some of the highest high rises in the world, some of the best schools, it is as modern and as peaceful as any country on this planet... Offcourse nobody is perfect, but in my opinion that is the best example of what Islam can do for your society when followed properly

Last edited by G-spec; 12-22-2011 at 11:47 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 11:51 AM   #34
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyker View Post
Not just Arabs,but East Indians too.

Do you remember a few years ago about a East Indian man who lived in the B.C interior who killed his daughter in the name of honour?

It was messed up,the reason he killed his daughter was because she was dating a First nations guy and he did not approve of the relationship at all.

A friend of mine was taken into Surrey pretrail during the time of his arrest,he was waiting around in the same room with him,both waiting to get booked,my friend told me,this man showed no remorse whatsoever,he was so stone faced with no emotion,he had cops come in screaming at him for the crime he did and they asked him if he had any idea how serious the crime he is going to be charged with.

Friend told me,the most fucked up thing was,he looked like he was proud of what he had done.
He killed here because the family moving from the interior to the mainland but she wanted to move in with her boyfriend and stay in the interior. The guy was white, lived with his brother and wife.

Father guilty of murdering daughter - British Columbia - CBC News

Another killing from Kitimat this time the father is white:

Kitimat father found not responsible for killing daughter - British Columbia - CBC News

Does it say anywhere in the bible that priests should molest children? but you see priest getting busted for molestation all the time.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #35
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ ya you nailed it, Manic....

if we wanna look at things righteously, then we can't judge any religion by it's worst followers.... if that was the case then everyone would see Christians as child molestors, Jews as...... well... as Jews... and every Muslim would be a suicide bomber.....

I find many, and I mean MANY people look at things this way though... sadly... too many
Old 12-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #36

Quote:
He killed here because the family moving from the interior to the mainland but she wanted to move in with her boyfriend and stay in the interior. The guy was white, lived with his brother and wife.

Father guilty of murdering daughter - British Columbia - CBC News

Another killing from Kitimat this time the father is white:

Kitimat father found not responsible for killing daughter - British Columbia - CBC News

Does it say anywhere in the bible that priests should molest children? but you see priest getting busted for molestation all the time.
When I saw the news,they said the boyfriend was native.

Regardless of whatever the race he was,the whole thing is just fucked up.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #37
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
Canada needs to grow some fucking balls and stop allowing our country to be an international garbage dump for immigrants that aren't welcome elsewhere. They abused the system to get in, and after murdering four people continue abusing it by having a fair trial. The victims are their own family, there's no justice to be had for anyone else so why is Canada fronting the bill for a trial? In the words of the late John McAleese "Bang bang, job done".
I hate these racist rants. Everybody is entitled to a fair trial. You can't just kick people out of the country without finding them guilty of a crime. If that was the case - we'd just turn into a police state. If the gov't wanted to kick an immigrant out - they can randomly accuse them of a crime - and without a trial - just kick them out.

Even someone who is the most apparent criminal deserves a trial - we, as the public, can't just decide that someone is guilty only by the information provided to us by the media and public. Just the same as a poor person who deserves to be fairly represented in court - with a public defender.

It may seem like a "waste of money" to have a trial - but it's a process we need to follow, lest we fall apart as a society - where people are found guilty without a trial.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #38
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
I think its so sad that people use religion as an excuse to do these things. I am not a religious person myself, but if i was, I'd definitely be thinking that my god would not want me representing faith in him by sacrificing another or myself. Hell, you shouldn't even need a book or a person to even tell you that it is just plain wrong.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #39
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Ah, so it must be pure coincidence that only islamic countries do honor killing then.

have we all forgotten the Honour Killings by sikhs and hindus even the Local ones???

do we all ignore the coptic christian/greek orthodox etc honour killings? (happens in europe all the time)

only what you want to nitpick on gets remembered/targeted right?

and when it happens in the USA it just gets dismissed as "extremely depressed mother,father,etc" like the mother that just killed her daughter/father/herself after sending her husband out on an errand

Last edited by StylinRed; 12-22-2011 at 01:43 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #40

Here is my take on a honour killing.

To me a honour killing is when something really fucked up happens in your life,like for example,your wife gets raped or your son or daughter gets molested,then I would have every reason to hunt down the mother fucker that did it and cut his head off.

I don't consider killing a loved one "honourable",but that's just my point of view.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 02:09 PM   #41
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars View Post
I hate these racist rants.
My post has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs. It has everything to do with immigrants who come to our country for a better life then the one they had elsewhere, who abuse our public systems and laws, and then hide behind the rights we all have in this country whether a citizen or not. All while Canadian citizens foot the bill.

They have a right to a fair trial because they're on Canadian soil, great. Once they're convicted: deport or extradite them back to their native country with a criminal record. I would love to see these people spend life sentences in an Afghan jail! Canadians should not be paying to feed, house, provide healthcare, and "rehabilitate" criminal immigrants IMO. That's like taking good care of a leech as it sucks your blood.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #42
I am grateful grapefruit

Quote:
My post has absolutely nothing to do with ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs. It has everything to do with immigrants who come to our country for a better life then the one they had elsewhere, who abuse our public systems and laws, and then hide behind the rights we all have in this country whether a citizen or not. All while Canadian citizens foot the bill.

They have a right to a fair trial because they're on Canadian soil, great. Once they're convicted: deport or extradite them back to their native country with a criminal record. I would love to see these people spend life sentences in an Afghan jail! Canadians should not be paying to feed, house, provide healthcare, and "rehabilitate" criminal immigrants IMO. That's like taking good care of a leech as it sucks your blood.
I agree that immigrants who commit a serious crime should be sent packing, but your original post was questioning his right to have a fair trial.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #43
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
have we all forgotten the Honour Killings by sikhs and hindus even the Local ones???

do we all ignore the coptic christian/greek orthodox etc honour killings? (happens in europe all the time)

only what you want to nitpick on gets remembered/targeted right?

and when it happens in the USA it just gets dismissed as "extremely depressed mother,father,etc" like the mother that just killed her daughter/father/herself after sending her husband out on an errand

OK so all religions have their own version of fucked up excuses to murder people.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 04:21 PM   #44
My homepage has been set to RS

there are extremists in all religions, cultures (this case), races, gender and anything else. theyre crazies who justify it with their religion, culture or w/e the fuck else. if 9/11 was done by hindu extremists and not muslim ones this wouldnt get play and hindu crimes would. same ol shit, dont examine immigrant laws, examine people...for being crazy as shit. if u kill someone its not ok. period.
Posted via RS Mobile
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #45
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I'm not sure, man. I think things like this would make the news regardless of what happened on 9/11

'Honour killing' baby must be adopted to keep her safe from grandfather, court rules | News | National Post
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #46

Quote:
OK so all religions have their own version of fucked up excuses to murder people.
i can agree with that somewhat

ultimately i blame cultures, yes religion makes up a big part of culture, but cultural practices exist/persist throughout time regardless of what the "faith of the moment" is

using religion as an example you can see how new religions incorporate cultural practices.

also whats considered christianity/atheism/islam/judaism isn't exactly the same across the board depending on their geographic location due to cultural influences of that area
This post thanked by:
Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 PM   #47
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 4,970 Times in 385 Posts
proud to be a Buddhist
V4NC1TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #48
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:
?????????????????

Quote:

Where the hell did you get that? That's just a shit rule churches decided to use, every man is entitled to a woman, nowhere in the bible does it say that. So because they can't have women they turn to children.. which of course is wrong and fucked up

Last edited by Excelsis; 12-22-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 PM   #49
Need to Seek Professional Help

Religion of peace ... oh wait.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
?????????????????
well skinny likes to blame religion so

since there are fucked up ppl honour killing their family members from all faiths
who use faith as an excuse for their act

although imo most of them arent using faith as a cop out they're just using the "you disrespect me/family" so you die

but since white ppl like bringing faith into the argument whatever