REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #176
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Not sure if it's been posted:

His voice is quiet as hell so turn up your speakers but at least I can stand listening to him than the girl.

Also the girl who uploaded that retarded video is the gf of one of the attackers, and I'm pretty sure that was just a cover story so her phaggot bf wouldn't go to jail.

I'd rather listen to the neutral party.

A previous 20 vs 2 fight? Really? The kid plead several times to stop hitting him, if he was in a 'FOB gang' wouldn't he at least attempt to fight back?
Advertisement
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #177
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,753 Times in 353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0unce. [?] View Post
wow that was painful to watch. that kid can take a beating though. i would have thought a few mins into the video he would be out cold taking those kicks to the dome
yeah of course he can take the hits.! he is from China! if your parents are chinese, all you gotta do is get bad grades in school and TA DA! !
Bahhbeehhaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #178
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts

LOL
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #179
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,155 Posts

he gets more serious about the subject closer to the middle to end
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*

Last edited by Matsuda; 01-17-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #180
'

Thanked 6,557 Times in 1,111 Posts
Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #181
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,267 Times in 291 Posts
An article from CBS Chicago, hope these classless idiots get fucked.

6 Held In Beating Of Teen Posted On YouTube « CBS Chicago
ForeverYours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #182
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
so..... its about the fob posting a picture of the asian kids face on a "cap" waas it ... on facebook? interesting... it ruined his pride appearently rofl
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindragon View Post
so..... its about the fob posting a picture of the asian kids face on a "cap" waas it ... on facebook? interesting... it ruined his pride appearently rofl
Cow, not cap.

IMO I think the girl should be charged as well for this because she's the one recording it all.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #184
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,669 Times in 147 Posts
isn't it ironic how she said "The actions they have done are just wrong". Did u watch all of her vids and she confessed to recording? rofl i just skipped and was like with the ums ummms ummms
sindragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 PM   #185
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
recording it is just as bad

just like the vancouver riots, if you were there afterwards to watch rioters you're guilty too unless you've helped identified them

if this situation needed any fighting it should've been 1v1, if kid that got attacked truly participated in that 20v2 thing
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #186

I like how she repeated it wasn't right for them to fight at all but entirely throughout her vid she tries to justify their actions

On a side note, here are giraffes fighting
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 PM   #187
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

something about the video makes me feel like these kids watch too much mixed martial arts... with the headlocks and whatnot..

hope they get it good
Taxmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #188
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
In response to the girl's incoherent video

her: why are all guys asking the same f**king question?
me: i uno.... so can I tap that
her: stfu you got a gf
me: tap together?

no reply...
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #189
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
just to show you how smart the girl is.. haha...

she should go to school more often instead to skip out and hang out with "Gangsta Wannabes"

its good that these guys got picked up.. lets see how tough they are..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
HAHA.. soooo funny... i think its a perfect response to her
Old 01-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #190
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
recording it is just as bad

just like the vancouver riots, if you were there afterwards to watch rioters you're guilty too unless you've helped identified them

if this situation needed any fighting it should've been 1v1, if kid that got attacked truly participated in that 20v2 thing
Did she admit she was filming in her videos? I didn't bother fully watching her videos cause of all her stupid "umms"

Why are they looking for 2 more people if 6 are in custody?
Weren't there only 6 guys doing the beating + 1 camera person?

This 20 vs 2 thing seems shady. If I were one of the 6 guys, I would then be worried this guy will get 20 guys and
retaliate with a 20 vs 7 fight. What I mean is, I wouldn't mess with someone in the first place that was capable
of getting 20 guys to jump people. (of course won't happen now, since these guys are already caught by the police)
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM

Last edited by AzNightmare; 01-18-2012 at 12:38 AM.
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #191
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

7 Teens Charged In Brutal Attack Captured On YouTube « CBS Chicago

Quote:
A judge Wednesday set bond for Palomino at $100,000. He would need to put up 10 percent, or $10,000, to be released, which CBS 2’S Derrick Blakley reports will not happen.
ouch
FOREVER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #192
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,134 Times in 231 Posts
So...

Palomino’s father does not have the money, given that seven people live in his home. The boy’s mother is also in jail, attorneys said.
Palomino’s father, Michael Palomino, is a Cook County Sheriff’s Deputy. He said he is distraught over his son’s actions.

No wonder that dumbass doesn't learn his manners.

[29-04, 00:14] El Bastardo: Santofu isn't the hero Revscene needs, but hes the hero Revscene deserves
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #193
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,155 Posts
"Asked why the offenders would videotape themselves and then post the video for all to see, McCarthy said, “Good question, I don’t know. Why have they posted video in all these other cases, too? I think it’s all part of the same dynamic where this is what kids do today, which is incredibly, ridiculously stupid”

you got that right
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #194

Thanked 1,273 Times in 275 Posts
fT-z33wor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #195
RS controls my life!

Good ol internet. They won't be able to get a job without this video snagging their ass. And now even the public knows about this. Imagine these 7 kids walking into their old school with everyone knowing what they did. But then again, we don't know the whole story here. The kid getting beaten could have done something equally as violent to them. But by the way they acted, they were clearly doing this to re enact some sort of sick alpha male ritual. I have a feeling half of them have never been in a fight in their life, and this was just easy lickings for them.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #196
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

7 Teens Charged In Brutal Attack Captured On YouTube « CBS Chicago

Case updated. Retaliation from a previous 20 vs 2 beating, as quoted on the CBS news site. This was a sick beating. But I think the 20 vs 2 beating was probably a lot worse. If it was true I think the kid deserves it.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #197

"Contrary to initial reports that the girl shot the video, McCarthy said Wednesday afternoon that it was not a female behind the camera. He said the girl took part in the attack itself."

wtf?

no reply...
Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #198

Jukeboks

read this

no reply...
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #199
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
does anybody else think this is the stupidest shit on the internet right now? raising awareness? for fucking what? i don't even care what the story is anymore, 7v1, 20v2, 90v3, whatever. the blatant truth is that this shit happens every single day, multiple times, all around the world. i don't care whether you live in vancouver, toronto, chicago, new york, hong kong, japan, australia. you know of somebody who has been jumped, have been jumped yourself, or have been a part of jumping somebody. the SOLE reason this has blown up to the proportion that it has is because it was posted on youtube, and not only that, the right people found it and blew it up via facebook, twitter, whatever and it just spidered from there

and with that being said, i'm in no way saying that just because this happens everyday, it's okay and should be disregarded. sure, use those 7 kids as poster boys to idiots all around the world who walk around beating the shit out of random people for no reason. but reading some comments on some newspaper articles, it seems like people think that this is a one time occurrence, and in catching these kids, the world has suddenly been rid of all it's random beatings

seriously, people need to just let sleeping dogs lie. the authorities have been notified, arrests have been made, simple as that. there's no need for all these internet police to research names, addresses, phone numbers, contact info of parents, whatever. these kid's are young as fuck and their lives are being ruined when some of them (ie the uhhmm girl who posted the explanation) weren't even involved. same goes for their parents

this shit is ridiculous. i'm not being ignorant, i agree that the beating was uncalled for, whether or not there's a backstory. but everything that is coming with it is unnecessary and in my eyes, isn't a lot better than what those 7 kids did that day
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-19-2012, 01:07 AM   #200
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by - kT View Post
does anybody else think this is the stupidest shit on the internet right now? raising awareness? for fucking what? i don't even care what the story is anymore, 7v1, 20v2, 90v3, whatever. the blatant truth is that this shit happens every single day, multiple times, all around the world. i don't care whether you live in vancouver, toronto, chicago, new york, hong kong, japan, australia. you know of somebody who has been jumped, have been jumped yourself, or have been a part of jumping somebody. the SOLE reason this has blown up to the proportion that it has is because it was posted on youtube, and not only that, the right people found it and blew it up via facebook, twitter, whatever and it just spidered from there

and with that being said, i'm in no way saying that just because this happens everyday, it's okay and should be disregarded. sure, use those 7 kids as poster boys to idiots all around the world who walk around beating the shit out of random people for no reason. but reading some comments on some newspaper articles, it seems like people think that this is a one time occurrence, and in catching these kids, the world has suddenly been rid of all it's random beatings

seriously, people need to just let sleeping dogs lie. the authorities have been notified, arrests have been made, simple as that. there's no need for all these internet police to research names, addresses, phone numbers, contact info of parents, whatever. these kid's are young as fuck and their lives are being ruined when some of them (ie the uhhmm girl who posted the explanation) weren't even involved. same goes for their parents

this shit is ridiculous. i'm not being ignorant, i agree that the beating was uncalled for, whether or not there's a backstory. but everything that is coming with it is unnecessary and in my eyes, isn't a lot better than what those 7 kids did that day
For some reason, this - "there's no need for all these internet police to research names, addresses, phone numbers, contact info of parents, whatever. these kid's are young as fuck and their lives are being ruined" - reminds me of the Vancouver Riot incidents when people decided to find out info of the looters.

Definitely on a different scale in terms of numbers but the aftermath of these incidents is blatantly similar.

Is it necessary to ruin these people's lives? No, especially if they were innocent. The thing is, they are guilty of what they did. Research names? Yes, it was necessary if someone who knew them wasn't willing to come to the police. If any incidents of jumping/violence was recorded and stupidly uploaded to the Internet, I damn well hope that people will be want to bring the incidents to light and find out information about it. Eventually the truth will weed out from false accusations, such as the Jukeboks blog.

These kids are not young. When I was 17, I sure knew that beating up people was wrong and it would eventually bite me in the back; such as the video of the topic. Wesley and his buddies knew what they were doing because they made a choice to perform their action. Especially with the information about Wesley specifically beating people up, he deserved what he got coming to him. Why? People in his area are more aware of him and his buddies, he will be shamed by the public, he will be fucked for a very long time if not for his lifetime in terms of obtaining any successful career (unless he manages to start his own business or someone is willing to take him in). Is this unnecessary? Nope. Why? Awareness of perpetrators.

I agree with you that their parents should be left out. They do influence how their children behave but ultimately, they can't control what their children do.

Also, I agree with you, beatings happen everywhere and there is no need to promote awareness for that. Yet, there is a huge need to promote awareness for specific people who dish out beatings, who go on violent runs, who rape, who steal, who murder. The police are only a handful of people in the world and they can only do so much. This is where citizens come in with the Internet as their tool.

Answer this yourself. If your girlfriend/wife was raped and someone managed to snap a picture of the rapist while he was running away (video would be unrealistic), would you leave it up to the police or would you allow others to help you find information on the rapist ASAP? If you had video surveillance set up in your house and a robber came in and murdered your family, would you only want the police to help or would you allow the Internet to help find the perpetrator?

If your answer is no, I hope you're at least a person willing to help a friend or family member to identify a perpetrator rather than solely directing them to the police.
dasani604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: