REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-25-2017, 12:13 PM   #701
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
went to arbutus club, i believe membership is $80,000 with a rich background employment check to come in. place is fucking unbelievable

tehy have EVERYTHING..... every deadlift equipment, every machine equipment, eye sensor door entry and hot white bitches

a lot of old people but they are probably doctors or llawyers

ice rink, (2), swimming pools, hot tub, massage, courts

I got in because my co worker's dad is a top lawyer in BC, family members pay $12,000

dream gym
Advertisement

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:13 PM   #702
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 2,282 Times in 489 Posts
I hope to hell that isn't $80k a year, that's insane even if it's a one time price, never would have thought a gym would cost that much ever. I hope you get rub and tugs from said hot white bitches at that price lol

Newlands golf course gym in Langley for me, $90 bucks for 3 months, close to my place, old shit but weights are weights, free squash and racket ball courts are a bonus
'10 E92 M3 (sold)
'10 ZDX (sold)
'10 STI (sold)
'08 Mazdaspeed 3 (sold)
'04 RSX (sold)
'92 300ZX (sold)
‘94 Ford Probe GT (sold)
bcuzracecarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:04 PM   #703

it isn't 80k for a gym, its 80k for a club membership

restaurant, ice rinks, swimming pools that are fucking huge..... massage, hot tubs, weight room, cardio room, squash, tennis, badminton etc.....

its fucking amazing inside, felt high class and every adult I saw was like a 50 year old white doctor lol

anyone been to richmond sports fitness? how much are rates and hows equipment? planning to stop steve nash and go there since my hours of work will be super super odd....

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 01-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #704
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
i go to richmond nash on westminster, got a student plan a few years back for ~28 a month. pretty basic gym, always crowded when i go after work, but can't complain for the price. it's an all access pass too, so i can get into any SNFW with it
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:50 PM   #705
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
isn't richmond sports fitness a couple blocks away from sports central? 5 and bridgeport? how si it

I live 2 mins drive away on 5 and cambie.... never been
Yeah. It's literally a minute away from Sports Central near the Wendy's.

It's a solid gym, new management/owners have completely revamped the place since the old one sold it few years ago. Always new equipment (lately), people are noticing so it is getting a lot busier. They added a new area that has those crossfit type of racks so there's at least 10 squat racks now, 3 DL platforms.

Only gripe is the shitty air circulation in there. Really stuffy and hard to breathe sometimes
van19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:15 PM   #706

ya i am going to discontinue my membership probably later today if they dont offer me anything better

Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Old 02-02-2017, 07:55 AM   #707
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
if you're in the RSF area come check out our gym, tons of serious lifters

Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-12-2017, 11:28 PM   #708
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Does anyone have any updated info regarding membership prices for Goodlife or Anytime Fitness? I'm primarily looking for a 24 hour gym or one that's at least open quite late.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-25-2017, 08:58 PM   #709
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Does anyone have any updated info regarding membership prices for Goodlife or Anytime Fitness? I'm primarily looking for a 24 hour gym or one that's at least open quite late.
Anytime Fitness:

False Creek $59/mo on a 1 year term
Kingsway by Knight $65 monthly or $45 2 year term.
noTirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:05 AM   #710
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by noTirl View Post
Anytime Fitness:

False Creek $59/mo on a 1 year term
Kingsway by Knight $65 monthly or $45 2 year term.
Queensborough Anytime Fitness: 59/month on 6 month terms, if you go yearly, a little less, but you have to pay a yearly gym maintenance fee, works out to be slightly cheaper iirc
wickedxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #711
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I'm at goodlife , $40 ish a month, Is there any power lifting gyms around? I heard UBC or SFU is pretty good. How much is it there?
JShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:02 PM   #712
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,605 Times in 536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShifter View Post
I'm at goodlife , $40 ish a month, Is there any power lifting gyms around? I heard UBC or SFU is pretty good. How much is it there?
Project Power performance center in richmond.

Project Power
Old 04-18-2017, 12:24 PM   #713
I subscribe to Revscene

anyone go to the club 16 at waterfront?

been thinking about signing up to have somewhere to go during the work day (maybe lunch-ish), but i worry it'll be packed.
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #714
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I have gone couple times to club 16 waterfront usually off peak hours 1pm-2pm kind of thing its ok not to packed at that time period
Dharminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #715
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
i posted this thread over 5 years ago and i cringe every time it gets bumped and wish i wrote 'go to' not 'goto'.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #716
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
My Steve Nash gold membership ended in Feb. When I signed up last year, I was told that I'd be able to get a student renewal rate at $549 for 18 months once my initial 1-year expired. Upon expiry, they wanted to charge me the same rate for 12 months and would not switch me over to the student plan or a month-by-month plan. I tried contacting the one person who did renewals (Kelly Bishop) and never heard back. Emails and calls - no response. The only option I had was to pay the one time fee if I wanted to renew.

Decided to ditch Steve Nash and went to look at other clubs. Found out that Club16 offers student/corporate discounts for 20% off. I'm paying $10 biweekly with access to all their locations. Much better deal than Steve Nash. Only complaint is that they close too early on the weekends... Oh well, it's half the price.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 08:22 PM   #717
i like gifs

FYI - Anytime Fitness has a free summer promotion where you sign up anytime after June 1st and you don't pay for your year until September 1st, which means you get the entire 3 months in the summer for free.

After all the fees and stuff, my contract ends up being ~$40/month.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #718
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
FYI - Anytime Fitness has a free summer promotion where you sign up anytime after June 1st and you don't pay for your year until September 1st, which means you get the entire 3 months in the summer for free.

After all the fees and stuff, my contract ends up being ~$40/month.
Which location was this at?
wc19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 01:28 AM   #719
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc19 View Post
Which location was this at?
I know that the Metrotown and Queensborough ones have the same deal because they're owned by the same brothers. The Coquitlam and PoCo location are also offering the same deal.

Best bet is to just call the location you're thinking of going to and ask if they're offering the deal and/or pricematch the deal.

Worst case scenario is you sign up at one of the above mentioned gyms for the deal and then use that as your home gym for the first 30 days before going to the gym that you were wanting to go to. The keyfobs work worldwide for any Anytime Fitness gym after the 30 days.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #720
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I did the 7 day pass at anytime fitness, I really liked it due to my work times. Wondering if any of you guys here go to anytime fitness? and which location has the best atmosphere?
JShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #721
i like gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JShifter View Post
I did the 7 day pass at anytime fitness, I really liked it due to my work times. Wondering if any of you guys here go to anytime fitness? and which location has the best atmosphere?
I signed up at Anytime Fitness in Coquitlam because they offered a free summer promo at the start of June. Sign up and don't pay until September, so I got 15 months for the price of 12. Original price was $51/month for 12 months, but now I'm effectively paying $41/month after factoring in the extra 3 months (pay for 12, get 15 months)

I've been to the gyms in Coquitlam, PoCo, Olympic Village, North Burnaby, and Olympic Village. Coquitlam and PoCo are definitely a lot quieter. It'd be considered busy if there was more than 7 people at any one time

Metro and Olympic Village are the busier ones but depends on when you go as well. In terms of size, the metro, North Burnaby, and Olympic Village ones are bigger than the Coquitlam and PoCo ones. The gyms are all franchised off, so each gym will charge different prices, and I found the Coquitlam one was the cheapest and after 30 days you can use any gym.

If you're gonna sign up then I'd do it now so you can at least get in 5 weeks of a free gym membership. If the gym you go to doesn't offer the free summer promotion then ask them to price match with Coquitlam. If they don't then you have to decide if Coquitlam is too far for you.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #722
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

I actually renewed my membership at Anytime and they were telling me I didn't have to pay until Sept 1. I was under the impression I still had to pay for the months... just not until Sept, not that it would be free.

I'm probably wrong though (which would be pretty sweet) since I admittedly wasn't paying attention.

Personally I really dislike the Olympic Village location. Hotter chicks/more women period than Burnaby for example that's for sure, but it's WAY busier.

Anyone ever try the Richmond one on No.5 rd? I think it's new? Looks bigger from photos than most locations.

And that Arbutus club thing sounds crazy. Never even heard of it before. Would be nice to one day get in but damn 80k?
JACKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:38 PM   #723
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
any 24 hour gym in Richmond.

Anytime fitness in aberdeen is definately no open 24 hours
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 01:47 PM   #724
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I would vouch for Richmond Sports and Fitness, absolutely love that gym. Been a member for about 2-3 years now and the newest owner is really working on improving everything about the gym. Only downside is that they are only open until 10 on weekends, but 23 hours on the weekdays. They have everything you need from multiple dumbbell areas, olympic platforms and bumper plates, GHRs, prowlers, ropes, multiple punching bags and a ton more. I also only pay around ~$23 a month with my student plan so it's awesome.
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #725
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
i go to the club 16 at surrey central and pay 17$ a month. I go at around 4:30pm and its pretty busy but i always manage to get my workout done without waiting to long. Started power lifting about 4.5 months ago and I love it.
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote