REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:15 AM   #526
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Any idea on price at anytime in surrey
Advertisement
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:22 PM   #527
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon604 View Post
Thinking of joining steve nash level 2. What prices you guys get?
I just signed up for the brentwood nash, 2 yr contract for 26 a month lvl 2. He threw in a extra 3 weeks for free too.
sam0m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #528
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
I read somewhere that their promo offer was 8$ a week so 32 a month
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #529
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J89 View Post
Anytime fitness in south bby!

pros: the name speaks for itself haha, usually not busy, can do all my workouts without waiting. Very clean and maintained well.

cons: small gym, above average fee for gym plus contracted.
I go to anytime fitness as well.

Pros:
-Opens ANYTIME. can go early or late at night, and even on holidays. Pretty decent set of equipment as well. also close to my place.
- Good clean air ventilation so it doesnt smell like BO like other gyms.
- they are pretty diligent on making sure only members are there so people dont sneak in after office hours and make the place crowded.
- great for working out during the mornings or weekdays.

Cons:
-A bit pricey compared to community centers, other gyms
- need to sign a contract, also they have BS annual fee for facility maintenance once a year
- also if its your first time you have to pay $50 for activating your key fob and stuff
- gets super busy right after work hours, but this is common with most gyms I guess.
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #530
I am Hook'd on RS

I go to the SFU gym.

Pros: Great powerlifting equipment, deadlift platforms, community chalk, inexpensive (general public), no contract

Cons: REALLY short hours (7-9 M-F, 10-5 S/S), packed all day since the students get free access with tuition, gym is closed on public holidays

Fitness 2000 has started up with contract BS, Eileen Daily is way too small (only one squat rack) and plays top 40 music that makes me want to pull my hair out. Bonsor is a pain to get to. So far I haven't found a cheap gym in Burnaby that's contract-free, weightlifting friendly and has convenient hours.
cheeky_scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 09:56 AM   #531
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Any gyms around Hasings/Boundry area (vancouver/burnaby) with private or gender specific shower facilities?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #532
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I go to BCIT gym. recently renovated over the summer.

Now has 2 squat racks and deadlift platform.
Problem is shitty hours over the summer while most students are on summer break, and weekends where it closes at 4pm.
I pay roughly $220 a year as an alumni.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:03 PM   #533
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

golds gym

Last edited by jack3d; 04-13-2015 at 01:33 AM.
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #534
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
Currently go to Steve Nash sports club Richmond but it's always so packed.

Anybody here got a membership at the Oval? If so how much you guys paying? Looked on their website but no info on pricing
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #535
I am Hook'd on RS

I'm going to CLub16, it is cheap, equipment is good but the way too busy. I'm going to change to Steve Nash, any feed back? All I need is to do squats, bench press and dead lift, can you advice any gym which has many equipment and space especially for these exercises?
dashosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:14 PM   #536
I am Hook'd on RS

my membership at anytime fitness ended a couple of days ago. Looking for new gym.
Anyone go to steve nash on kingsway in Burnaby. I'm considering this location b/c i work near metro. Wondering whats it like there. how many squat racks they have?
I went through a bunch of reviews and they are turning me away so far. Planning to see it in person soon.
Feed back would be great.
Hamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:55 PM   #537
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
My membership is about to expire with Steve Nash. I was wondering if anyone has dealt with Kelly Bishop for renewal, and what you got for a level 2 pass?

thanks
Old 01-03-2015, 02:34 AM   #538
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
my membership at anytime fitness ended a couple of days ago. Looking for new gym.
Anyone go to steve nash on kingsway in Burnaby. I'm considering this location b/c i work near metro. Wondering whats it like there. how many squat racks they have?
I went through a bunch of reviews and they are turning me away so far. Planning to see it in person soon.
I've been there a few times. Parking is hard to find. I think they only have 1 squat rack and 2 bench presses.
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #539
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Signed up last month for the Health + Fitness / YWCA on Hornby. TBH, the gym isn't that great since there is very limited weight room equipment and very expensive but being a 20 sec walk from my office makes up for it. The good is that the weight room is almost always empty and the equipment is new.
zetazeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #540
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
Ya, i goto that gym. It was redesigned with updated equipment. New DB's and 3 bench press.

there is one main squat rack which 2 people can use on each side and there is a smith machine beside it.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #541
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

was going to 24hour fitness but now im going to sport central

paying 20 a month is amazing

Pros:-A lot of equipment for you to use
- Huge gym
- 24 hours
- everyone is super friendly

Cons: - The gym equipment is quite old
_cnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:02 PM   #542
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Is there a special right now? I was quoted 350 for the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cnh View Post
was going to 24hour fitness but now im going to sport central

paying 20 a month is amazing

Pros:-A lot of equipment for you to use
- Huge gym
- 24 hours
- everyone is super friendly

Cons: - The gym equipment is quite old
need2speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #543
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
anyone goto Steve Nash FW on lougheed hwy/westwood??

if so, whats the busy times there?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:53 PM   #544
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I looked through a few pages and didnt see any other xfit gyms so I thought I'd post. You guys might not all like xfit but people might be curious.

Crossfit Overdrive in Richmond

$160/month (Pretty good xfit in vancouver wise)

Pros:
- Coaching (very strict on movement standards and most have direct oly experience)
- People are really nice and inclusive
- Option for xtra classes such as yoga and olympic lifting
- Convenient for me (live across the street)

Cons:
- Doesn't have all the toys some gyms do (think xfit basics)
- No showers (not a big deal for me, but could be for others)
- None of the members are crossfit 'beasts'.

That last one could be a positive or negative depending on what you're looking for. If someone was looking to become the next Rich Froning it might be hard to find inner box competition.

Rich
Vancouver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:00 AM   #545
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
It depends which anytime your talking about. I signed up last year on Scott road and 64th and I was charged $52 I started to go to the other anytimes in Surrey a lot more due to friends and just the fact the other gyms are better. Not every anytime is the same nor do they have the same equipment. Honestly all the anytimes I've been to are all clean and great gyms. The staff is pretty friendly and the people who work out there are all genuinely nice, I've had no problems since. my membership expired so I'm shopping around for a new gym and I think im going to hit up snap fitness now. A new gym has been open for about a year in Surrey which is a 10 min walk from my house. Tried it out and I liked that they had a squat platform along with some cool things such as boxing bag, sleds, tires, and chains. Along with a turf area. I called and they said no contracts but it's $46 a month. Which to me isn't bad at all since I was paying over that at anytime anyways.
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #546
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I go to Steve Nash one location is 27$ and if I go to other locations just say you didn't know
Derrickk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #547
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

+1 for bcit, pretty cheap if you're alumni, even better now that they have 2 squat racks and a deadlift area
Marioo1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #548
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

YMCA for $50 a month, but you also get access to a swimming pool, sports gym, climbing wall, showers/lockers, etc. and all the equipment you will ever need.
Mike.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:58 AM   #549
I STILL don't get it

Hey there, ladies and gentlemen!!

Does anyone here have a good 24 hour gym they can recommend? So far, here in the Newton area of Surrey, I know of a GoodLife Fitness and an Anytime Fitness. However, I am open to any gym suggestions along the UBC to Richmond to Surrey route.

I'm looking for a place that I can afford with my university student budget, so somewhere around the ~$20 - $40 /month price range with monthly payments rather than lump sum contracts. I'd love to sign up for Club 16's price of $20/month but the gym hours don't really work with my study schedule, hence the need for 24 hour gyms.

Currently, outside GoodLife's gym, they have a promotion that says memberships start at $3/week or $12/month although I've heard there's a lot of catches to that kind of promotion, such as having no 24 hour access (ie. only up to 8 PM.)

Also, Alpine50's comment above states that Anytime Fitness at 64th and Scott Rd, my favored branch, has a $52 monthly payment, so it's not looking promising for Anytime right now.

Thanks for the help!!
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:47 AM   #550
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello24 View Post
Hey there, ladies and gentlemen!!

Does anyone here have a good 24 hour gym they can recommend? So far, here in the Newton area of Surrey, I know of a GoodLife Fitness and an Anytime Fitness. However, I am open to any gym suggestions along the UBC to Richmond to Surrey route.

I'm looking for a place that I can afford with my university student budget, so somewhere around the ~$20 - $40 /month price range with monthly payments rather than lump sum contracts. I'd love to sign up for Club 16's price of $20/month but the gym hours don't really work with my study schedule, hence the need for 24 hour gyms.

Currently, outside GoodLife's gym, they have a promotion that says memberships start at $3/week or $12/month although I've heard there's a lot of catches to that kind of promotion, such as having no 24 hour access (ie. only up to 8 PM.)

Also, Alpine50's comment above states that Anytime Fitness at 64th and Scott Rd, my favored branch, has a $52 monthly payment, so it's not looking promising for Anytime right now.

Thanks for the help!!
One year contract at anytime fitness is $47 a month. For a 18 month contract, it's $36 a month. Although anytime may have increased their prices

For goodlife fitness, it's about $22 a month and you get to go to the gym any time you want, and you have to pay the joining fee. Only catch there is that you don't get towel service, you can't use the massage chairs, and you are only allowed to go to that one location unless you sign up for the more expensive plan