REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #651
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Anyone go to Fit4Less in Richmond (Garden City and Blundell)?
I just saw their flyer, $10/month, $44 sign up fee.

Reviews say it's no frills, but I'm just looking for a cheap place to work out. I'm currently just using a community center near my place.
Advertisement
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:13 PM   #652
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
Anyone go to Fit4Less in Richmond (Garden City and Blundell)?
I just saw their flyer, $10/month, $44 sign up fee.

Reviews say it's no frills, but I'm just looking for a cheap place to work out. I'm currently just using a community center near my place.
Is this place new?
Old 05-21-2016, 04:14 PM   #653
das not it mane

Checked out Fit4Less today. I thought it was alright, I may consider switching over from Sport Central because it's a closer drive for me. You have the basic machines and racks, but dumbbells only go up to 75lbs, so I'm assuming this place is more for casual customers and not for powerlifters. Also no change room and water fountain.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:22 PM   #654
God of Unce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonChi View Post
Pretty sure it got busier since this post. Wonder if anyone on RS is there in the morning now. South Burnaby one.
Nah, usually it's at 5% capacity tops when I go. I also didn't mention which location
Old 05-21-2016, 06:57 PM   #655

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
no water fountain.
dafuq?

brb dying from dehydration

rip in peace
Old 05-21-2016, 07:30 PM   #656
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
Checked out Fit4Less today. I thought it was alright, I may consider switching over from Sport Central because it's a closer drive for me. You have the basic machines and racks, but dumbbells only go up to 75lbs, so I'm assuming this place is more for casual customers and not for powerlifters. Also no change room and water fountain.
Any squat racks or half racks ?
van19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 03:15 PM   #657
das not it mane

Quote:
Originally Posted by van19 View Post
Any squat racks or half racks ?
I think there were like 2 squat racks
Old 05-31-2016, 05:13 PM   #658
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Richmond Oval

Last edited by murderedoutZ4; 05-31-2016 at 05:49 PM.
murderedoutZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #659

Signed up for 7 days at Anytime Fitness New west, checked it out and

- only 1 flat bench, 1 military press seat, 1 incline bench etc
- only 1 machine of various exercises
- only 1 set of dumbells (eg. if someone is using the 40lbs you have to use 35 or 45...there's no other 40)
- No digital clock. how the hell am i supposed to know when my rest time is over?
- Smith machine is the squat rack and bench press all in one

Are all Anytime Fitnesses like this? Really disliked how there was no digital clock and that there's literally only 1 machine of everything....

So if something is taken, you have to use another machine/do another exercise...
Old 06-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #660
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
... Really disliked how there was no digital clock ...

LMAO
Pho Dac Biet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #661

srs

time is money
Old 06-14-2016, 06:30 PM   #662
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Has anyone else's membership at Steve Nash keep going up? Before they were charging me $36 now this month it went up to $40
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #663
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I just signed up for nash, primarily will be going to the st edwards rmd location and marine gateway. 699 (~$38.80) for 18 months, and after completing the 18 months it'll be 200 a year (~$16.60) a month. All pricing before taxes. They did mention a $50 gym improvement fee per year (which is not really unheard of). Kind of puts my $16 dollars a month closer to 25 after taxes. I think the pricing was pretty solid. RSF had me at 23 after taxes a month and i don't recall if they had a gym improvement fee like SC did

I signed up for gold membership which means access to all gyms except the dtown location. I used to go to RSF and before that Sports Central-- the equipment is a lot newer and the facility is cleaner, but RSF definitely had more stuff catered towards lifters. RSF and SC was super stuffy as there's no a/c. So far im liking it, the best part is the change room is clean & the showers are private so I can hop in before work

Last edited by dn53; 07-30-2016 at 07:04 PM.
dn53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:38 PM   #664
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
Has anyone else's membership at Steve Nash keep going up? Before they were charging me $36 now this month it went up to $40
Over the past 5 years, my membership at the brentwood location went up from $24 to $26..

Old 06-15-2016, 05:37 PM   #665
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
likley the wrong thread but....

anyone know of an app where it will let me select workouts based on muscle groups?
ie. select biceps and it shows a huge list of exercises for biceps and i can select 1 or 2 and "add to play list" ... next i select triceps and shows a huge list of exercises, i can select 1 or 2 and "add to play list" ... and keep doing that until I build a "upper body" playlist?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:55 AM   #666
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
fit4less... signed up cuz work pays and it's cheap. did 20 bux option.

still also a member of sport central. fit4less is a closer drive, 50% closer time wise.

i only pay 15.70 at sport central per month after taxes, no contract, so i don't bother quitting.

fit4less isn't power lifter friendly. it's more for casual stuff. the there's a smith machine, and this... i duno what it's called. it's like a smith machine but it's also got horizontal slide support. so it's almost a squat rack. there's no slamming weights down and nothing really to do deadlifts with unless u go when its ultra quiet and steal the bench press bars.

there is no water fountain, fill up water in washroom with your own water bottle.

there IS a change room, multiple small ones, one handicap bigger one with a shower inside as well (bring your own toiletries and all that obviously). and washroom.

I say it's good enough to do what you gotta do. if you're a hardcore deadlift/squat/clean and jerk guy... prob skip this place.

but if you just want a place u can do almost every other workout, sure (dumbels 75 max).

I'll prob just do the longer drive out to sport central when i wanna do any free weight squat/deadlifts.

there's also no scale... that just came to mind.

there's this sign that says if u drop the weights too hard, alarm goes off as a warning/indicator.

everything is clean and brand new.

they have a 5 dollar bi weekly, 44 dollar joining fee, 1 year commitment.
or
10 dollar bi weekly, 44 dollar joining fee, 2 week commitment (if u do 1 year, they wave the 44 fee). this more expensive version gets you free unlimited use on their massage chairs, hydro massage, and tanning during hours where there are staff. the lower fee version u have to pay per use.

lol, there's a 24/7 churches and subway there. workout, bulk up, go back and lay on the massage chairs hahaha...
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:57 PM   #667
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

∆∆∆
Jesus, this sounds like a Canadian Planet Fitness.
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2016, 01:29 PM   #668
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
i work in teh same building on fit4less in downtown near coal harbour

garbage gym, most garbage ive seen in my life, went on a day that was free, no space, no water fountain.... JUST LOL brb dying from hydration.... no changeroom bench .... just LOL

weights suck, max is like 70? idk, benches suck, no room to lift, idk if there was a squat rack but one max or if not, none at all, has too many cardio machines

made for fucking newbies who plan to run on cardio machines and no water fountain

anyone been to richmond sports fitness on number 5 and bridgeport?

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2016, 02:35 PM   #669
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
i work in teh same building on fit4less in downtown near coal harbour

garbage gym, most garbage ive seen in my life, went on a day that was free, no space, no water fountain.... JUST LOL brb dying from hydration.... no changeroom bench .... just LOL

weights suck, max is like 70? idk, benches suck, no room to lift, idk if there was a squat rack but one max or if not, none at all, has too many cardio machines

made for fucking newbies who plan to run on cardio machines and no water fountain

anyone been to richmond sports fitness on number 5 and bridgeport?
I was wondering about that gym. My office building is like a block away on West hastings. I need to start lifting. I'm getting the really gross cyclist body now. Leg day, every day; arm day, no day.

Now I know.

I do know a few co-workers who sign up for rennaisance hotel gym right beside my building though. They seem to like it an go there during lunch time.
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 11:29 AM   #670
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZN6 View Post
I was wondering about that gym. My office building is like a block away on West hastings. I need to start lifting. I'm getting the really gross cyclist body now. Leg day, every day; arm day, no day.

Now I know.

I do know a few co-workers who sign up for rennaisance hotel gym right beside my building though. They seem to like it an go there during lunch time.
if you wantw to sign up for a gym downtown, go steve nash on georgia and bute, i go there

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #671
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murderedoutZ4 View Post
Richmond Oval

Best gym I've been to
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:32 PM   #672
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Are there any decent gyms that don't require you to sign a year (or however long) commitment?
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:52 PM   #673
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
likley the wrong thread but....

anyone know of an app where it will let me select workouts based on muscle groups?
ie. select biceps and it shows a huge list of exercises for biceps and i can select 1 or 2 and "add to play list" ... next i select triceps and shows a huge list of exercises, i can select 1 or 2 and "add to play list" ... and keep doing that until I build a "upper body" playlist?
I think Jefit might be able to do that..not 100% sure though. available for both ios and android. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=je.fit&hl=en
turb0triX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 10:51 PM   #674
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafanculo View Post
Best gym I've been to
+1 for oval

6 power racks, 4 deadlift platforms, nuff said
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:28 AM   #675
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
Are there any decent gyms that don't require you to sign a year (or however long) commitment?
Most gyms don't require you to. They just try to sell you that, and tell you, you "should".

Most gyms let you go on a monthly plan but you have to pay a signup/enrollment fee of like $50.

Gyms off the top of my head, Good Life, Sports Central, Anytime Fitness.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote