REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

What the hell do we pay these policemen for? He couldn't chase him down and attempt arrest?
Advertisement
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,283 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
I hope he sues the shit out of VPD. Dogs shouldn't be used in situations like this.
agreed.

so do they have to put the dog down now because it tasted human flesh?
heard that from somewhere about strays and regular dogs. wonder if that's the case for police dogs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
organge7 has spoken, and we have done the opposite. yay!
urrh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
What the hell do we pay these policemen for? He couldn't chase him down and attempt arrest?
Kind of hard to catch a guy on a skateboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
I hope he sues the shit out of VPD. Dogs shouldn't be used in situations like this.
Skateboards shouldn't be used to break windows.
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #29
I HERP TO YOU DERP

I'll wait till I hear both sides of the story before I make any judgement

I find it odd that the crown dropped the case after they saw the picture of his leg. The dog opening the wound has nothing to do with him smashing a window with his skateboard

Last edited by hypediss; 01-27-2012 at 01:10 AM.
hypediss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #30
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

People shouldn't throw their cigarette butts on the ground, doesn't mean we should taser them for it. Punishment needs to fit the crime.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2012, 01:39 AM   #31
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

I hope you realize that we don't live in a society where resorting to violence with potentially fatal consequences is okay for a minor crime.
tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #32
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypediss View Post
I'll wait till I hear both sides of the story before I make any judgement

I find it odd that the crown dropped the case after they saw the picture of his leg. The dog opening the wound has nothing to do with him smashing a window with his skateboard
its just a mischief charge those usually don't even get laid if you look apologetic to the arresting officer

crown usually prefers keeping those cases out of the system anyway as they just tie things up, if you have a good defense lawyer he could get them dropped just by chatting up his colleague @ crown
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:44 AM   #33
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegz View Post
I hope you realize that we don't live in a society where resorting to violence with potentially fatal consequences is okay for a minor crime.
Unfortunately, as a result, no one thinks twice about commiting a "minor crime" because there are no consequences; a laughable consequence at best.
Posted via RS Mobile
wstce92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

he's lucky. Imagine if the dog bit him a little higher up
92 240sx - dd/project car
88 CRX - sold
98 DC2 - sold

Renting out pbm fender roller - pm for details.
satek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:02 AM   #35
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
Unfortunately, as a result, no one thinks twice about commiting a "minor crime" because there are no consequences; a laughable consequence at best.
Posted via RS Mobile
brb, lowest crime rate in Canada since 1973.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:03 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstce92 View Post
Posted via RS Mobile
this "leniency" allows people to be people (freedom) instead of feeling like lab mice in a controlled experiment (a necessity really)

it may be unfortunate that mischief occurs as a result but it is also an example of freedom in its rawest? form
Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #37
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
arent dogs suppose to be on a leash, as well as police dogs??
Old 01-27-2012, 04:48 AM   #38
RS controls my life!

imagine what a tiger would have done
Old 01-27-2012, 05:00 AM   #39
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
"Backed by Pivot Legal Society, Evans is now suing"

That explains a lot.

So, using a weapon, he smashes a store window worth $$$$???, jumps on his skateboard and flees the scene. He says his headphones block out the Police yells and the dog barks. Police use the dog to apprehend him and he struggles while bitten, worsening the injury to his leg? He is carrying a weapon and resisting arrest. "The dog latched on a few times to his leg. Mr. Evans says I would have thought he would have stopped struggling after the first time he was bitten. Wouldn't you?

Gotta remember this release is from PIVOT who want charges dropped and taxpayer money. You might remember a previous client of theirs...the guy who had the "incriminating pictures" of VPD shooting an "unarmed man". He was a self-described "pot activist" who said he witnessed the shooting and VPD erased the pictures from his cell phone. PIVOT screamed Police corruption and 2 of their experts were unable to find the pictures on the camera...for good reason. Independant video footage showed the guy was not there at the time and never took any pictures. PIVOT wanted big bucks then too. Never apologized for the slander and libel to VPD. Their credibility ranks just below that of the president of Iran.

Last edited by zulutango; 01-27-2012 at 05:28 AM.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #40
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
fuck it, i think its fully justified.

1 - he broke a window
2 - he skated away
3 - with a cop chasing him and him not stoping, hows the cop to know hes not stopping for a reason? perhaps he has a weapon on him
4 - upon chasing him and being unable to stop him, he let the dog on him to stop him

now the baby whines cause he needed staples for doing a crime...heres a thought...dont break fucking windows, think before you do stupid things.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #41
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

dog shoulda bit him for 200 staples. Breaks a window cause he missed a bus wtf?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #42
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I remember the last time I broke a window and had the cops sick a dog on me.......oh wait that's right I'm not a complete dumbass. The wounds are bad without a doubt but this whole little problem could have been averted if the guy wasn't a fucking moron. You reap what you sow and sometimes you reap a lot more then you bargained for.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:52 AM   #43
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
What the fuck??

33 year old skater?

Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #44
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

They could have used this dog during the riots.
For 2012 playoffs, they should have his pictures plastered all over the city.
Break a window to loot, lose a leg.
Posted via RS Mobile
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2012, 06:02 AM   #45
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I really don't feel any sympathy for this guy, perhaps because it's PIVOT who's being his sounding board. PIVOT reminds me of those crazy tin foil hat folks mixed in with a dash of ambulance chasing lawyers, it seems anytime anything comes out of their mouths, it is so ridiculously one sided. Seems they never do any investigations into facts before spouting off to the media the majority of the time.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #46
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post

That explains a lot.

So, using a weapon, he smashes a store window worth $$$$???, jumps on his skateboard and flees the scene. He says his headphones block out the Police yells and the dog barks. Police use the dog to apprehend him and he struggles while bitten, worsening the injury to his leg? He is carrying a weapon and resisting arrest. "The dog latched on a few times to his leg. Mr. Evans says I would have thought he would have stopped struggling after the first time he was bitten. Wouldn't you?

Gotta remember this release is from PIVOT who want charges dropped and taxpayer money. You might remember a previous client of theirs...the guy who had the "incriminating pictures" of VPD shooting an "unarmed man". He was a self-described "pot activist" who said he witnessed the shooting and VPD erased the pictures from his cell phone. PIVOT screamed Police corruption and 2 of their experts were unable to find the pictures on the camera...for good reason. Independant video footage showed the guy was not there at the time and never took any pictures. PIVOT wanted big bucks then too. Never apologized for the slander and libel to VPD. Their credibility ranks just below that of the president of Iran.
I don't doubt that they have an agenda, and by the very nature that very few times are they going to have regular joes just caught up in a bad scene. Their "clients" are going to be guys like this that were doing something wrong and it spiraled out from that. Therefore, their credibility is never going to be 100%.

However, its not like the RCMP and VPD have a 100% success rate when it comes to situations like these. A human officer in a human force making fast decisions can easily make the wrong one. It just so happens with guns, tazers and LRADs at your disposal, when you make a mistake, people hurt for it.

I for one will take a few hits to the credibility to these organizations to make sure the hits to the credibility to the police organizations are known, and dealt with. That isn't a "fuck teh policez" statement, that's a statement understanding that a successful police force survives on oversight. You're watching "us" and we're watching you, and round and round we go.

For sure, when they get shot down, I think they should totally have to grab their ankles for the media. Get up there in a press release and announce "we backed the wrong horse" but that NEVER happens with ANYTHING.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:19 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post

That explains a lot.

yeah your leg is being torn apart... staying completely still is really comprehensible...

Quote:
Gotta remember this release is from PIVOT who want charges dropped and taxpayer money.
no... his charges were already dropped by crown before PIVOT got involved... PIVOT is campaigning against the liberal use of K9 units and this guy is simply the most current example for their cause of restricting K9 use... so they're "supporting" him by taking his case to the police watchdog

the sk8r is taking the city and the pd to court to seek damages

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
I really don't feel any sympathy for this guy, perhaps because it's PIVOT who's being his sounding board. PIVOT reminds me of those crazy tin foil hat folks mixed in with a dash of ambulance chasing lawyers, it seems anytime anything comes out of their mouths, it is so ridiculously one sided. Seems they never do any investigations into facts before spouting off to the media the majority of the time.
PIVOT is a voice for those who've been stepped on in society, the group that are usually shunned and not listened to... Legal Aid has been decimated over the years and PIVOT is doing its part in helping those with no voice regardless where they're from and those without voices are usually the ones that are seen as the "undesirables" of society, would you support PIVOT if they, like the rest, ignored these elements of the community? They investigate as much as they can but you have to remember they're a non-profit volunteer group there's only so much they can do with the resources they have @ hand... want them to do a better job? donate your time or funds

PIVOT is essentially that guy in the crowd of observers that comes out and goes "HEY that's not right!" you know the guy that we here on RS usually support for having the "balls" to stand up and do whats right for the little guy, the bullied kid, the senior being pushed around; even if the guy may not have the full story that's besides the point because @ that very instance he sees something uncalled for and tries to put a stop to it

the only reason people have a problem with PIVOT is because of Who they're usually standing up for and protecting, but that shouldn't be of concern and if it is its more than likely an issue you should reflect on regarding yourself; the concentration should simply be upon the act that PIVOT is trying to put a stop to (in this case excessive/liberal K9 use which leads to serious injury)

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-27-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #48
Banned By Establishment

v
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-27-2012, 07:02 AM   #49
Banned By Establishment

f
z-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-27-2012, 07:15 AM   #50
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

It is not the dog, its how the cop control the dog. The damage wont be that bad if the cop can recall the dog as soon as the skater down.
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote