REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #126
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
tons of engineering jobs, software, hardware, etc that evrryone sants and needs are being outsourced too
Posted via RS Mobile
How do you outsource engineering and software jobs? Serious question, wouldn't they then just be Chinese jobs?

Outsourcing is usually referred to with unskilled labor.
Advertisement
Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:04 AM   #127
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
How do you outsource engineering and software jobs? Serious question, wouldn't they then just be Chinese jobs?

Tons of skilled jobs are outsourced, particularly anything you can do over a computer. Like programming and animation.

Outsourcing of animation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #128
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I can take footage from any country, any race, and claim they are racist by posting up some footage. One example is an exception, not a rule. I'm German, and I can tell you there is far more racism going on in the Lower Mainland (hell, even on Revscene) than you'll see in Germany.

Sure, there are racist people in Germany. Just as there are racist Chinese in Canada. Just as there are racist African Americans in the USA. Just as there are racist white people France. It doesn't mean the country as a whole is racist.
I prefer not to judge based on racists in a given country, area, city or forum.

I judge based on the reactions to it. How accepted is it, and how many people call it out as being wrong.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #129
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post

software jobs are outsourced to india, and the filipines for lots of solid code writing for extremely cheap. The north americans then discover tons of bugs in the code and fix it but overall it's cheaper. they're certainly not unskilled but the skill and attention to detail is much less than here, for a tiny fraction of the cost. outsourcing at its finest.

software jobs are outsourced to russia and germany for superior skill for varying prices compared to here - they are extremely skilled in those two countries with software.

engineering is outsourced to china, yes i meant "chinese jobs" for that one lol
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #130
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
software jobs are outsourced to india, and the filipines for lots of solid code writing for extremely cheap. The north americans then discover tons of bugs in the code and fix it but overall it's cheaper. they're certainly not unskilled but the skill and attention to detail is much less than here, for a tiny fraction of the cost. outsourcing at its finest.

software jobs are outsourced to russia and germany for superior skill for varying prices compared to here - they are extremely skilled in those two countries with software.

engineering is outsourced to china, yes i meant "chinese jobs" for that one lol
You see similar concepts in the oil and gas business too, involving shady construction mehods that have to be routinely reworked to Canadian standards, but ultimately cuts corporate costs.
Posted via RS Mobile
darnold is offline   Reply With Quote