REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #176
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Had a dream about being back home instead of at university. I tried to get out of bed as I would at home, but I hit my wall in my dorm room... It all felt so real at first
Advertisement
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #177
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
i have the same dream almost every night...or a similar variation of it..

someone gets killed somehow, or i get killed and im seeing everything from a 3rd person view
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #178
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,267 Times in 291 Posts
Why do I always have dreams about things that seem to be unobtainable in real life....

Then when I wake up I feel like shit because I realize it's not there anymore

ForeverYours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #179
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
My dreams feel like halluncinations now, seems and feel too realistic lol none of those crazy hero dreams shit no more, creeping me out a lil
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:50 PM   #180
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
my teeth......... they fall out :C
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:16 AM   #181
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,419 Times in 917 Posts
My teeth falls out and I bite it. Crunchy like sand
Posted via RS Mobile
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 AM   #182
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
What Do My Dreams Mean? | Men's Health

2. Teeth Falling Out

The Dream: It’s like a scene out of a cheesy horror film—your teeth dangle, crumble, shatter, and leave you freaking the hell out.

What it Means: Teeth are symbols of power and confidence. After all, you show them when you are smiling, biting, or even snarling. Having this dream means that your self-assurance may have taken a hit in the kisser, says Wallace.

What You Should Do: Fake it till you make it, Wallace suggests. Studies show that mimicking confidence leads to the real thing. For example, research by Harvard social psychologist Amy Cuddy, Ph.D indicates that confident body language increases testosterone levels, which leads to higher feelings of confidence. Similarly, research from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University shows that if you dress to impress, you’ll feel pretty darn good about yourself. Everyone loves a good placebo effect.

Read more at Men's Health: What Do My Dreams Mean? | Men's Health
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:59 AM   #183
Ri2
Willing to stick a finger in a guys butt for the sake of science

Lately I've been having dreams of my surroundings that i fall asleep in but instead of me going to sleep, its always something like the guy I like is telling me he hates me and is leaving etc. or could be even friends that i have...I know it's so petty but I think it's messed up. I wake up really sad and just throws my whole day off, lol. you guys think its just my insecurities being amplified and manifested while in a restful state?? Why do I keep dreamin of my surroundings too? Trips me out like I don't know if I'm just dreaming or not?
Posted via RS Mobile
Ri2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #184
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
insecurities are amplified in dreams for sure.

lol learn to do dream checks if youre not sure.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 AM   #185
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,283 Times in 196 Posts
once I had this dream where I could drive my car onto the skytrain haha
AW607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #186
G
Banned (BBM)

Had a dream where I woke up on time for work. Then I actually woke up and was late..
Posted via RS Mobile
G is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #187
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,579 Times in 4,296 Posts
I always have dreams I can fly, straight up real dreams and its so awesome, worst time ever when I wake up and just want to be stuck in it.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #188
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I once had a dream where I gave myself a blowjob and wondered to myself, why do I even need a gf? I was an independent man.

99% of the time I won't dream or won't remember my dreams.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #189
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
naw you always dream it's just a matter of remembering, if you keep a journal you'll start having a better memory with it

today was dreaming that i was in a kind of pyramid, me and three other people seemed to just survive something then all of a sudden one guy sets off a booby trap and gets killed, same thing happens to another guy. Then it's me and this girl and we run away, then scene changes to getting off a ship with lots of other passengers getting off too.. gory killing
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #190
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Just had a totally random dream of Zombie Apocolypse, felt so damn real and super freaky!...
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #191

^Been getting a ton of those since I started watching The Walking Dead.
It's actually pretty fun sometimes.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #192
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Serious question.. anyone ever dream of something that happend later on? I have a friend who thinks he's seen faces in his dreams of people he would meet later on. He started to log his dreams to make sure he's not crazy. lol
josayeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #193
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,267 Times in 291 Posts
I've had dreams where I don't remember anything after waking up.... but after a couple of days/weeks something ends up happening which I believe I did dream about but couldn't remember

I hope I'm not crazy... I believe this has happened to me more than once
Old 11-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #194

^ My girlfriend had that happen. Had a dream where she met someone at a party, then like six months later met someone who she recalls to look the exact same, in the same looking room as she dreamed.
Super weird. I'm personally not sure what to think as it's been stated that you won't dream about a face without having seen it before... Maybe strange coincidence?
Posted via RS Mobile
yogenfruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #195

Thanked 1,360 Times in 315 Posts
^ Have those dreams too. I sometimes dream of being in places (some nature spot), and I actually end up being in those places in real life. Weird. When I end up at those places I get this feeling of deja-vu, a feeling that I have already been here, and once I think back hard, I realize that I was here in my dream.
broken_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #196
PRINCESS

Oh man I remember waaay back when I was like 7 or 8
I had a dream about walking to much tutor's place and seeing a dead golden cat with one eye
And the exact same day I saw a cat that looked just like one from my dream with only one eye walking around on the street near my tutor's place.
Creeped the shit out of me.
Posted via RS Mobile
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #197
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
Okay I just fell asleep in lecture and had this weird dream where I was discussing econ stuff with the the prof. When I woke up and looked at the notes of the person beside me everything we discussed in the dream was said actually in lecture. Wtf???
Posted via RS Mobile
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #198
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunoman1 View Post
Okay I just fell asleep in lecture and had this weird dream where I was discussing econ stuff with the the prof. When I woke up and looked at the notes of the person beside me everything we discussed in the dream was said actually in lecture. Wtf???
Posted via RS Mobile
It's like when in you hear a ringing phone that you can't stop in your dream, and then you find out it's your alarm. Or you have this overwhelming urge to go to the bathroom in the dream and dream about swimming and all that...and then you wake up and have to piss.

Your brain is really good at working in the surrounding sounds into your dreams when you're not in the mood to be woken up. The furnace at my place has this ridiculously annoying buzzing sound when it's cold and warming up. I've been woken up by it for about a week and it drove me crazy for a bit, but then I just gave in and said fuck it. This morning, I dreamed that I was some kind of instructor or tour guide or something. And I was giving my lecture or whatever, and then that buzzing came in and just like I would in real life I just sort of paused (in the dream) and was like "ok, this should go away after a little while..." and when the buzzing kept going I just gave up in the dream and started doing my lecture/guide/thing/whatever.

You know you've got too much free time on your hands when you dream that you're going to work. Fuck you, brain.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #199

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_arrow View Post
^ Have those dreams too. I sometimes dream of being in places (some nature spot), and I actually end up being in those places in real life. Weird. When I end up at those places I get this feeling of deja-vu, a feeling that I have already been here, and once I think back hard, I realize that I was here in my dream.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogenfruz View Post
^ My girlfriend had that happen. Had a dream where she met someone at a party, then like six months later met someone who she recalls to look the exact same, in the same looking room as she dreamed.
Super weird. I'm personally not sure what to think as it's been stated that you won't dream about a face without having seen it before... Maybe strange coincidence?
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by josayeee View Post
Serious question.. anyone ever dream of something that happend later on? I have a friend who thinks he's seen faces in his dreams of people he would meet later on. He started to log his dreams to make sure he's not crazy. lol
yes those are prophetic dreams, everyone has them once in a while.. whether or not you remember them is up to you
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:25 AM   #200
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,510 Times in 1,152 Posts
I had two weird dreams last nite.

First dream: I was with a group of people that were running from some sort of government organization. We were jumping through locations through a Need for Speed game, sort of like picking levels. Dream ended when we were trapped in an office in a room waiting for the level to load to jump out and escape. Government agents broke through the door and I hit one over the head with a blow dryer...

Second dream I was photographing an automotive event. My Sister and my niece wanted to leave so we got into her car. The whole time my niece (who is 9 years old) kept putting the car in reverse and trying to drive it.

I got to stop eating before bed..
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is offline   Reply With Quote