REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #126
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
i'm thinking about sometime in the summer when i have more time, right now is quite a busy time

and for anyone else that writes down dreams, i suppose it gets tedious sometimes when you sit down and write for several pages lol
Advertisement
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #127
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

usually logic kicks in and i wake up no matter how awesome the dream is.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #128
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Had another dream this morning ...
So suddenly I was in New York and walking around Times Square (not sure how I recognized it since I've never been there) ... then I found this big cave, me and my gf felt adventurous so we went to explore the cave. It was actually really deep!... but we kept pushing on ... we finally got to the end and we found a door that was carved into the actual wall. It had a sign above the door that said "Barbarian" (totally random wtf moment) ... so we opened the door and went inside ... it was actually a really nice restaurant!... they served all sorts of meat ... and most awesome of all was that they had a giant ceiling-to-floor window view of ... Polar Bears & Killer Whales?!?!... (LOL!) ... we asked the server how they had such a huge oasis of Arctic animals here smackdab in the middle of Manhattan New York and he explained that because the cave we came through was really deep and far down that it's cold enough for them to live ... uhh ... then the polar bears stood on their 2 feet which I thought was normal since I watch National Geographic enough to know that bears can stand up ... but then they start dancing the HULA ... like some weird ass Hawaiian dance that those girls in grass skirts do ... I was like ... and then the Killer Whales started to sing!... they sounded like a Choir of Michael Buble's!.... .....then I woke up ... I didn't even get to eat damn it!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #129
Need to Seek Professional Help

I was in this dark and gray parking lot walking towards my car with a friend. Then i noticed my front lip and a part of my bumper was missing. I was like "WHAT THE FUCK!!" "FUCKERS STOLE MY LIP!"
I was then looking around for security cameras and found one close to where i was parked. My friend was like go talk to the security people and look @ the video to see who stole it. I was like, they won't show it to us because of liability issues, will only show it to the cops. Cuz if they show it to us and if we found the guy and kicked the shit out of his ass, they're held liable.
Then I was going to call the cops etc to get a police incident number etc but never actually got around to it.

Scary stuff
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #130
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
Sleep paralysis.. I remember I had a dream about it and woke up with it.. saw a black figure holding me down with one arm never tried so hard to move in my life, I tried to scream and I couldn't scream like my voice was taken away from me.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
bloodmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #131
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,036 Times in 276 Posts
I have this really weird dream thing where everything is inverted/disoriented/completely fu*ked up. It's this messed up world planet thing where small things are freaken heavy and the biggest things are super light. I see myself in third person but feel the weight/gravity of this weird ass place on me as its always super heavy. Then I end up trying to move the smallest spec of gravel which is actually super heavy and causes the me in my dream to sweat like crazy. Eventually I will get crushed by a falling small object that is super heavy and I will wake up soaked in sweat.

Had this dream so many times..what the heck and every time I wake up covered in sweat.

...or I die from varying means such as shooting..car crash..falling etc
kunoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #132
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
A talking shark holding a pistol, threatening to shoot anyone that dares jump inside the community centre swimming pool. Someone jumps in, gets shot in the head, starts sinking, I jump in to rescue the man.

Pull him up, seems to still be alive.

Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #133
Prince of the Apes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunoman1 View Post
I have this really weird dream thing where everything is inverted/disoriented/completely fu*ked up. It's this messed up world planet thing where small things are freaken heavy and the biggest things are super light. I see myself in third person but feel the weight/gravity of this weird ass place on me as its always super heavy. Then I end up trying to move the smallest spec of gravel which is actually super heavy and causes the me in my dream to sweat like crazy. Eventually I will get crushed by a falling small object that is super heavy and I will wake up soaked in sweat.

Had this dream so many times..what the heck and every time I wake up covered in sweat.

...or I die from varying means such as shooting..car crash..falling etc
I remember someone telling me dieing in a dream means your changing some how.. but on that note I can recall several times where I've dreamed about jumping off a tall mountain cliff side
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #134
PRINCESS

I went through paralysis dream once too
I didnt experience anyone touching. & instead of shadowy figure I could clearly see an old Caucasian guy starring at me from the corner of my room
Then I woke up & fell back asleep and he was floating right above me and starring at me second time
Dream was realistic as hell. I could hear my clock ticking, boiler rumbling (my boiler makes these weird loud sound at night time) and could even see that Asian air purifying machine changing colors (depending on how "clean" the air is or whatever it switches colors)
Hands down one of the scariest shit ever. Thought I woke up in a pool cuz I sweat so much. Heart was racing fast as hell and I legit thought I was gonna have a heart attack.
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #135
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
DMAE is kicking in after 5-7 days, and giving me killer dreams every night. SUPER vivid and easy to remember, but not out of this world. Taking 260mg every morning.

Totally recommend this safe supplement for anyone who wants to be better at remembering dreams. Especially useful if you are trying to keep a log
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #136

where to get?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #137

On the shelves of any supplement store should carry it I think. Unless it's still not allowed in Canada. In that case, you'll have to ask for it, and they may have it behind the counter. Either that, or order it online.

Canada is stupid about supplements
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #138
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,102 Times in 243 Posts
1 recurring dream I had when I was 5 or 6 was about getting lost (was orig. walking with parents) in what seemed like a theme park with a bit of construction going on (scaffolding or bleachers)> I would walk around and the dream would end with me jumping 100ft in the air from a small diving board into a clear blue pool...and then I wake up. I remember being scared in these dreams but I dont remember what caused the fear.

There was also one time (recent) where I dreamed it was a usual night where I brushed my teeth and got ready for bed after studying...

then when I finished I turn around and look down the hallway, I see a Crown Vic cruiser revving the shit out of the engine with the nose poking out of my parent's room. I booked it out of fear for some reason.
Datsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #139

recurring dream are just your personal dream signs, everyone has them

if you go lucid, you may find that dreaming is just another reality.. this so called reality of us in "waking life" is just one among many, i've got a long way to learn too
Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #140
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Tweeted about the dream I had last night. My buddy kind of killed the buzz.

He antagonizes me because he knows I hate pinkos.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #141

Took absolute full control of my dream last night. I was so excited, I was repeating "I'm controlling my dream!" over and over before deciding what to do.. then I went and did it
This post thanked by:
Old 04-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #142
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Took absolute full control of my dream last night. I was so excited, I was repeating "I'm controlling my dream!" over and over before deciding what to do.. then I went and did it
i always say to myself "im about to fall asleep, im in my bed" as i fall asleep...i find i have a way higher chance of dreaming if i do that but i always fall asleep and forget :/

also noticed something weird in my dream last night...the interior lights in my car are all blue LED and last night i dreamed i was cleaning the interior of my car and all my lights were halogen bulbs...not sure why i didnt pick that up as being odd in my dream and start riding unicorns and shit but im getting closer
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #143

craze dream

went back in time in year 2010 and also had the chance to drive a rx-7
Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #144
PRINCESS

My friend said he dreamed about me picking him up topless but I had no nipples :S
And then apparently dropped something off for Japanese yakuza'z mixed with fobs haha
MeowMeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #145
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
i had a pretty weird one 2 nights ago
i was in new zealand and apparently the formal dress for new zealanders at church is to wear ornamental pens on their face.
they affix 5 pens, 3 on their forehead pointing 45 degrees, and 2 on their cheeks.
they think its beautiful. i went to church with my sister and cousin and we all had to prepare our flair.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #146
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
I've been able to have about 10 or more lucid dreams.

but i can recall a lot of my dreams, multiple dreams almost nightly.

lol over the years ive realised the life i live in my dreams, have a different set of habits and methods of living... like..

i can almost always fly, it's just second nature, another means of transportation.
even if no one else in the dream can fly, it doesn't seem odd that i can.

ghosting through objects. exactly like in doom if you 'idclip'. just go through anything i want, underground or whatever.

for a while i was able to turn into a dragon and fly around.

for sleep paralysis, i got it a few times trying to OBE. it felt like i was laying there... and then things start to get darker (like you're gonna pass out), and i let it slip further then i realise i cant reverse it, i wake up, and the "passing out" fading to black stops and i have my full vision. but i couldnt move my body at all, like it just wouldnt respond whatsoever. like watching a video of my body sleeping and trying to manipulate the video with my mind. i tried and eventually it started to move.

for lucid dreams... i can't always do what i want to do by snapping my fingers, so i have to get creative. going back in time i'd draw a screen in the air with my fingers, which became the border of a floating "display". and in the display would be a video of where i wanted to go. and i'd just focuz on the video until it was my entire field of vision, as if it were my own eyes looking. then before you know it, that field of vision is actually me there.

or making things appear, they never just appear outta thin air. they either come outta the next elevator, or around corners (people, animals, or vehicles) or i have to "expect" it to be there out of the field of my vision somewhere. and when i reach that area, there it is waiting for me. looking away and looking back sometimes works.

flying is 100% guarenteed always, although i dont always remember to do it.
ghosting only seems to happen when im not lucid.

to "know" the answer to something, you summon someone you consider or looks like a wise person, and get them to give you the answer. of course you never remember what the answers are and if you do you forget some key important part for it to make sense.

been clubbing a few times in dreams, i always hear the most wicked unique tracks, but can never remember them long enough to record it in any recognizable way since i cant sing and i cant read or write notes.

food always tastes fucking awesome. i always seem to be eating ice cream or mcdoanlds french fries. randomly tried drugs. lol weed is exactly the same, mdma is also, mushrooms didnt do anything except stereotypical color changes but really fast, none of the psychedelics did what they were supposed to. crystal meth felt like the heaviest hit of MDMA, i duno what it really feels like lol. heroin just felt really sleepy and relaxing. like ultra relaxed. i have no idea what it really feels like.

i also fall out of lucidity a lot. something unexpected occurs in the lucid dream, and i start to focus on it too much and wondering why it's there, and forget that i was lucid and it goes back to being a regular dream. it's like falling in and out of enlightenment lol!

im also extremely ADHD in my dreams. they never really hold one goal or objective. i keep going off track with every new thing i encounter.

i also find eating 1000-2000mg of omega-3 each day makes your dreams so much more vivid.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #147
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
Wtf all this talk about lucid dreams.. I barely remember what happens in my dreams and I'm usually just going along for a ride.. Can't control anythhing lmao
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #148

@ulic, did you try the passing through doorway trick? Like before you enter a room, visualize something there then enter it
Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #149
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
I literally dreamed that I was sentenced to go to jail for 2.5 years for tax evasion last night. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy View Post
my rule of thumb when picking between 2 or more girls .. always go with the one with bigger boobs
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:18 PM   #150
Prince of the Apes

had a mild sleep paralysis last night. I realized i was dreaming and I thought I got up but I had only got up in my dream. Then I woke up and just snapped out of it.
Quote: