REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:17 PM   #151
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
psychosomatic fo sho.
Advertisement
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #152
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
That guy is why we can't have hoverboards.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-19-2013, 11:24 PM   #153
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
^You realize there's already a metal box between you and the smart meter's inner workings, right? And that its wireless broadcast is actually active less than two seconds per day? How can it affect you when IT'S NOT EVEN RUNNING???

Psychosomatic | Define Psychosomatic at Dictionary.com
You realize I was completely oblivious to how the smart meter might be causing my chest pains and nausea at first, right? And you realize the whole ordeal took place over the course of more than a few weeks, right? And you realize my symptoms were continually repeatable before I started suspecting the smart meter was the culprit, right?

For what it is worth, I was highly skeptical when I put up the aluminum foil. But when the body no longer complains, the only logical conclusion is that it works.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #154
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
The scary thing is, a lot of these people will believe their smart meter is to blame for "new" symptoms, and not even bother looking for other causes of what might actually be a real physical problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's in your head. The smart meter isn't even transmitting most of the time.

You could stand in Chernobyl for a couple hours and not feel sick...why on earth would a tiny signal being sent for a tiny fraction of the day (you might not even be in the room when it broadcasts) is making you sick. It isn't voodoo.
BC Hydro says the meter is only transmitting for a few short seconds everyday, but measurements taken by others with EMF meters suggest otherwise.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #156
...in the world.

I will give you $20 if a doctor (a REAL DOCTOR) tells you your chest pains are actually caused by the smart meter. Chest pains and nausea over a long term seem pretty serious. Go to a doctor and let them diagnose you. You could be the key to prevent smart meter installation for everyone and preventing chest pains in so many other people.

Or a doctor is going to laugh at you and tell you you're being silly. Go look up words like placebo and psychosomatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
BC Hydro says the meter is only transmitting for a few short seconds everyday, but measurements taken by others with EMF meters suggest otherwise.
And who are these "others"?
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #157
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
You realize I was completely oblivious to how the smart meter might be causing my chest pains and nausea at first, right? And you realize the whole ordeal took place over the course of more than a few weeks, right? And you realize my symptoms were continually repeatable before I started suspecting the smart meter was the culprit, right?

For what it is worth, I was highly skeptical when I put up the aluminum foil. But when the body no longer complains, the only logical conclusion is that it works.

dude, for realz?
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:42 PM   #158
...in the world.

By the way, I don't give a flying fuck about thanks or fails so if you think I'm wrong, you're going to have to use words.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post

dude, for realz?
I kid you not, Dino.

I don't have a good explanation for this, other than that different people have different bodies that respond differently to the same stimulant (EMF from smart meters, in this case). To me least, this doesn't seem far fetch at all. For example, tons of prescription drugs have varying degrees of side effects, but they only affect a tiny percentage of people out there. Tecta, for example, is a common prescription drug that inhibits gastric acid production. The majority of users do not suffer from any unwanted side effects, but a small percentage gets headaches from it, and an even smaller percentage suffer more serious consequences. Will the majority of people taking Tecta with no ill effects say that those who get headaches after taking the drug are suffering because it is all in their heads? (pun intended) Saying stuff like that would be entirely silly to the point of being ignorant.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
And who are these "others"?
Google and YouTube are your friends. Don't expect me to do your homework for you.
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #161
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

there is way more EM shit coming from cell phones, wireless phones, wifi's, microwave ovens, electric razors, etc. than what is coming out from the smart meters. And even if you don't have those EM emitting devices in your home, your neighbours do !
tonyzoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #162
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
In regards to this health concern stuff....tbh, I don't know what to think.

I think there should be some concern...but the tinfoil hat peeps are a little intense. The truth lies somewhere in the middle, without a doubt.

Everyone IS different.

-allergies
-diet
-sensitivities
-eye sight

etc...

Does not seem that far off that some may be more sensitive than others. Also, with BC Hydo having this change in policy DOES make me think that even they may not think it is as safe as it was before.

All this being said, it does not effect me...so, at the end of the day...whatevs.

Spoiler!

Last edited by dinosaur; 07-20-2013 at 11:18 AM.
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #163
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
In regards to this health concern stuff....tbh, I don't know what to think.

I think there should be some concern...but the tinfoil hat peeps are a little intense. The truth lies somewhere in the middle, without a doubt.

Traum in Trust?

Traum In Charge?

Electro Magnetic Radiatio is a zionist plot for control.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #164
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Traum, I have a very serious question for you. Have you ever been assessed by a psychiatrist? Because you are displaying borderline paranoid delusions. If you are truly concerned about your experiences, go see your GP and ask for a referral to a psychiatrist.
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #165
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

wow now I understand the frustration BC Hydro must go through when you deal with customers such as Traum.

PS I've had a smart meter (enjoying the radiation btw) and my rates are still the same with the analog meter.

What more arguments do these anti-smart meters have?
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #166
UFO
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

to play devil's advocate, all of the claims of safety are based on pre-existing data and medical knowledge thus far. Keep in mind it was not out of the ordinary in the 70's for doctors and other medical professionals to be smoking in the hospitals. And with the research and empirical data we have now on smoking, well, we know where the stance is there.

I feel like those who are immediately striking down legitimate claims of discomfort are almost as ignorant as the 'tinfoilers' themselves. If you are refusing to explore new ideas and always working off old ones and existing beliefs of why things should or should not happen, how are we ever going to zip around on hoverboards? SOMEbody had to believe that flying in airplanes could happen when nobody else would believe it...

To the anti-smart meter advocates, I say correlation=/=causation; whatever floats your boat, now you have the option to run old analog meters you just have to pay for it, which is a fair compromise. To the pro-smart meter advocates, I say just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #167
I subscribe to Revscene

Traum the general public get their information from the media and the system overall which sees people as cattle and treats it as a commodity, not as human beings. You have to watch out for yourself and ignore the onslaught of sheep that regurgitate the main stream deception.

Lookup DrMercola's shows on grounding pads Ive been using one for over a year started seeing its effects right away.... you can buy them locally too.

16:9 show - forward to the 4:40 mark.

Definition of Sheep: 1. A group of people who lack the capacity for careful consideration, imagination, or individual thought, who thusly go with group and allow god awful trends and events to unfold and make us all miserable.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #168
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyzoomzoom View Post
there is way more EM shit coming from cell phones, wireless phones, wifi's, microwave ovens, electric razors, etc. than what is coming out from the smart meters. And even if you don't have those EM emitting devices in your home, your neighbours do !
Exactly, I got diarrhea the other day and I'm pretty sure my smart meter sent out a single so I conclude the smart meter gave me the shits, it just makes sense. I mean it couldn't be anything I ate, bad reaction to medication or a virus that's just crazy talk.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #169
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post

The only concern on spying that people could possibly have is grow ops. It should light up like a christmas tree in someone's office.
Bingo!
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar604 View Post
Traum, I have a very serious question for you. Have you ever been assessed by a psychiatrist? Because you are displaying borderline paranoid delusions. If you are truly concerned about your experiences, go see your GP and ask for a referral to a psychiatrist.
Thank you for giving me a good chuckle, mate.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #171
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
Bingo!
...and I'm going to continue...I'm ok with that. There is no legit issue that a grow op can be confused with, and the amount of damage a grow op does to people's houses and property values does no one any good.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #172
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Thank you for giving me a good chuckle, mate.
Denial is common to those who are undiagnosed. Many people go on to live normal lives but early recognition and acknowledgment can mitigate serious incidences of psychosis in the future. Right now, it's entirely up to you to seek help.
jaguar604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #173
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
To the anti-smart meter advocates, I say correlation=/=causation; whatever floats your boat, now you have the option to run old analog meters you just have to pay for it, which is a fair compromise. To the pro-smart meter advocates, I say just because we don't understand something, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
Well let's see, the "health effect" gang are claiming the WiFi emanations are causing them issues, but the WiFi (according to all documentation) is only on for a combined total of under two seconds per day... so what's supposedly affecting them the other 86,398 seconds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Well let's see, the "health effect" gang are claiming the WiFi emanations are causing them issues, but the WiFi (according to all documentation) is only on for a combined total of under two seconds per day... so what's supposedly affecting them the other 86,398 seconds?
If the smart meters are really only transferring once per day for only 2 seconds, then why are EMF meters able to consistently pick up EMF readings from the smart meters every few minutes?

I personally see a few different possible explanations:

1) the smart meter may well be transmitting more than just once per day for only 2 seconds
2) the smart meter may really only be transmitting usage data to BC Hydro once per day, but to stay in sync with their system, they need regularly maintain communication with the HQ.
3) the EMF readings might not be coming from the smart meter's radio transmissions to BC Hydro. Rather, they are a by product of the meter's normal operations.

I am just brain storming here. Obviously there could be other possibilities. But in any case, the bottom line is, people are finding that these smart meters are producing EMF while the old analog meters didn't. In some cases, people are just concerned about what the EMF could do to their health. In other cases, they are making people feel physically unwell.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #175
...in the world.

That seems like something that one could easily get an answer for.

Does the EMF reading get higher during transmission and is low (but present) the rest of the time? Because everything gives off a "signal" in any state.