REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,819 Times in 1,134 Posts

move on op, election is coming in half a year.
Advertisement
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #27
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 22,268 Times in 7,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Brietbart was going to drop a bomb shell on Obama back in March 1st, Strangely enough he dies the night before.
Now we know why Brietbart was killed and within the hour they already had the cause of his death even before the coroner determined it. Yet shortly the Coroner himself is dead after examining Brietbart.
The Vetting - Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii'
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Yeah the guy that dismantled glass steagal and allowed this current mess to happen wasn't a douchebag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
jimmy carter wasn't/isn't a douchebag... hell neither was clinton really aside from getting his mack on

an jfk was a douche
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:34 AM   #29
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I detest Obama, but this is idiotic.

Is it me or is every single post by the OP just moronic tin foil hat worthy crazy content, I swear he must live in some basement or cave with tin foil head gear or something. mmmm where is the ignore button on here.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 07:11 AM   #30

Thanked 2,369 Times in 969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
You have to be an American Citizen born in America to be president so it's a pretty big deal actually.

Berz out.
The actual phrases in the US constitution reads

Quote:
No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
The phrase "natural born Citizen" suggests that any person that was born as an American citizen is eligible for US presidency. Nevertheless, how to define a person born as American citizen is debatable.

The media tend to focus on the obvious, any person born in the US (except those not under US jurisdiction) are American (jus soli), hence the idea that only person born in US soil are elegible. But any child born to American father or mother is also an American by birth (jus sanguinis).

So, even if Obama was born in Kenya, doesn't change much. It just brings up some debate that only the Supreme court has the right to decide.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
I have to say I'm a little confused as to why there is so much hatred for Obama. What's Obama done that is so terrible? Keep in mind he is limited by the senate and congress and bipartisan politics has really hindered his ability to make the changes he wants to make. (Whether or not they are the right changes can't be determined until after they are implemented for a sufficient period of time) So for every one of Obama's "failures" you can also point the finger at the Republicans.

I certainly hope that nobody is suggesting that McCain/Palin would have been a better choice lol.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 07:19 AM   #32

Thanked 2,369 Times in 969 Posts
Quote:
You have to be an American Citizen born in America to be president so it's a pretty big deal actually.

Berz out.
The actual phrases in the US constitution reads

Quote:
No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
The phrase "natural born Citizen" suggests that any person that was born as an American citizen is eligible for US presidency. Nevertheless, how to define a person born as American citizen is debatable.

The media tend to focus on the obvious, any person born in the US (except those not under US jurisdiction) are American (jus soli), hence the idea that only person born in US soil are elegible. But any child born to American father or mother is also an American by birth (jus sanguinis).

So, even if Obama was born in Kenya, it doesn't change much. It just brings up some debate that only the Supreme court has the right to decide.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #33
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

@ jason: ron paul all the way.
Phozy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #34
Glorious Gaming PC Master Race

how is it the OP continually posts articles and offers no reason or insight as to why he is posting it?

Obama born in Kenya. well too late. he's already been the president.

failstorm ahead.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #35

- In 2008, Obama’s paternal step grandmother appeared to indicate publicly that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. In an interview conducted by American Christian minister Ron McRae, Sarah Obama was asked, ‘Were you present when your grandson was born in Kenya?’” McRae testified in his sworn statement. “This was asked to her in translation twice, and both times she replied, “Yes! Yes she was! She was present when Obama was born.

- Despite claiming the passage about Obama’s birthplace being Kenya was a mistake, the listing still maintained that Obama’s birthplace was Kenya until after Obama became a U.S. Senator. “Goderich’s statement fails to explain why the “fact checking error” persisted for sixteen years, through at least three different versions of Jane Dystel’s website, and through at least four different versions of Obama’s biography,” reports Breitbart.com.
- The literary agency also updated the text in June 1998, but the part about Obama being born in Kenya was retained.
- The text was again updated in February 2005 to reflect the fact that Obama had become a Senator, but Kenya was still listed as his birthplace.
- After an April 2007 modification of the text, the passage still read Obama, “was born in Kenya.”
- As Steve Boman reveals, the Dystel & Goderich agency asks its clients to submit their own biography, meaning it’s virtually impossible the listing of Obama’s birthplace as Kenya could have been a “fact checking error” on behalf of the literary company itself.
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-18-2012, 09:09 AM   #36
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo E View Post
how is it the OP continually posts articles and offers no reason or insight as to why he is posting it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #37
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Is Death2Theft = TheOne / GunMetalTeg ???????

I think niu99 and Death2Theft should be perma-banned from this forum.. Seriously, whatever you guys are smoking, please share it..

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:

Berz out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #39
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
- In 2008, Obama’s paternal step grandmother appeared to indicate publicly that Barack Obama was born in Kenya. In an interview conducted by American Christian minister Ron McRae, Sarah Obama was asked, ‘Were you present when your grandson was born in Kenya?’” McRae testified in his sworn statement. “This was asked to her in translation twice, and both times she replied, “Yes! Yes she was! She was present when Obama was born.

- Despite claiming the passage about Obama’s birthplace being Kenya was a mistake, the listing still maintained that Obama’s birthplace was Kenya until after Obama became a U.S. Senator. “Goderich’s statement fails to explain why the “fact checking error” persisted for sixteen years, through at least three different versions of Jane Dystel’s website, and through at least four different versions of Obama’s biography,” reports Breitbart.com.
- The literary agency also updated the text in June 1998, but the part about Obama being born in Kenya was retained.
- The text was again updated in February 2005 to reflect the fact that Obama had become a Senator, but Kenya was still listed as his birthplace.
- After an April 2007 modification of the text, the passage still read Obama, “was born in Kenya.”
- As Steve Boman reveals, the Dystel & Goderich agency asks its clients to submit their own biography, meaning it’s virtually impossible the listing of Obama’s birthplace as Kenya could have been a “fact checking error” on behalf of the literary company itself.
Seriously dude all you have is book biography texts and misinformation from other sources.

Hell if we can find out when Clinton had an affair I am sure the public can and will dig up information his birth place years ago.. Oh wait they tried and the Republicians REALLY tried to call into question Obama's birthplace. But it has already been debunked and Obama even had to produce his legal birth certificate as proof. If any of this was called into question there would be impeachment hearings to this day.

It's like those moon landing hoax believers that have a single-minded view despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #40

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
if obama is re-elected shit's going down later this year.....

srs
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #41
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
I say two major hurdles to avoid War are the London Olympics and Iran
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #42
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 6,327 Times in 2,983 Posts
Quote:
Michelle says Barack's Home country is Kenya - full statement - YouTube

Post some random text but don't post the actual interview? Have you heard the interview? Maybe you should before you speak.

And John McCain was born in Panama fact.

FactCheck.org : John McCain’s Presidential Eligibility
Spoiler!

I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #43
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,191 Times in 3,797 Posts
Quote:
Yeah the guy that dismantled glass steagal and allowed this current mess to happen wasn't a douchebag.
ye glassed over carter

as for glass-steagall, congress repealed that and it was seen to have caused more problems than good at the time
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
I have to say I'm a little confused as to why there is so much hatred for Obama. What's Obama done that is so terrible? Keep in mind he is limited by the senate and congress and bipartisan politics has really hindered his ability to make the changes he wants to make. (Whether or not they are the right changes can't be determined until after they are implemented for a sufficient period of time) So for every one of Obama's "failures" you can also point the finger at the Republicans.

I certainly hope that nobody is suggesting that McCain/Palin would have been a better choice lol.
passing NDAA when he promised he would veto it, extending patriot act, raiding medical marijuana practices when he said he wouldnt, letting bankers (his buddies) give themselves hundreds of millions of dollars in bonuses out of bailout funds, preemptive wars, giving "loans" to his friends (soylndra).

so basically because he is just another corporate puppet.
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2012, 05:57 PM   #45

Just look at the record gunsales and the fact that most manufacturers arn't even accepting new orders cuz they can't keep up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
if obama is re-elected shit's going down later this year.....

srs
Old 05-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #46
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,621 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
I have to say I'm a little confused as to why there is so much hatred for Obama. What's Obama done that is so terrible?

Death2Theft hates black people, thats why this thread exists
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #47
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Thanked 1,502 Times in 506 Posts
Quote:
I have to say I'm a little confused as to why there is so much hatred for Obama.
Because Obama is black, plain and simple. There are still a lot of racists in the US who are furious a black president was elected. It's unfortunate, but very true.
dangonay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #48
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,191 Times in 3,797 Posts
not only that but all presidents have their haters got to realize us presidents only garner around 50% of the voters and that support drops throughout the presidency

hell people hated Bush more than they do Obama; certainly race may play an issue but its also used as an excuse
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #49

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
lol op may be right

Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #50
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha v2 View Post
Barack Obama isn't even his real name its Barry Satero LOL if this is true
A$AProcky is offline   Reply With Quote