REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   NHL IS BACK! The Official 2012/2013 Canucks & NHL Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/669494-nhl-back-official-2012-2013-canucks-nhl-thread.html)

EuterVanWasser 04-08-2013 08:49 PM

Go Schnooooooo!

http://i.imgur.com/985hj47.gif

UFO 04-08-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8207195)
ROFL, the Canucks first SH goal of the season

2nd actually. Hank got an empty net SH goal last game :)

SH goals in 2 straight games, must start taking more penalties :ilied:

Not really racist! 04-08-2013 09:00 PM

Roy has some nice handles....

Higgy needs to finish more for sure, he gets lots of chances each game against average goalies and can't seem to bury most of them :okay:

Smith played great today but hes a little prick.

sonick 04-08-2013 09:37 PM

wow how often does the losing goalie get 1st star of the game even though the winning goalie got a shutout?
Posted via RS Mobile

Tim Budong 04-08-2013 09:46 PM

Higgins and Roy, gets the chances, but I like what Higgins is doing for us on the PK/defensive side of things

Ronin 04-08-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick (Post 8207282)
wow how often does the losing goalie get 1st star of the game even though the winning goalie got a shutout?
Posted via RS Mobile

Reasonable. Easy shutout for Schneider while Smith fought tooth and nail to only let in one goal.

TjAlmeida 04-08-2013 10:07 PM

Smith had 40+ shots. Sounds pretty fucking stellar to only let 1 goal in..

bballguy 04-08-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8206501)
Try not to fall asleep ;)

O hai guyz, how bout dat sn00zefest, amirite!? :ilied:

Blah_Teggie 04-09-2013 12:36 AM

I don't think fans in Vancouver (myself included until I did this lil research) realize just how great Schneider is. I looked up 13 of the best goalies and calculated their winning percentage over the past 3 seasons. Now these are just wins and losses so no OT or SO losses.
Schneider 51-19 .729
Rinne 90-53 .629
Lundqvist 89-59 .601
Fleury 97-43 .693
Price 83-63 .567
Brodeur 64-52 .552
Rask 39-28 .582
Quick 83-54 .606
Howard 83-46 .657
Luongo 76-33 .700
Halak 59-38 .608
Niemi 85-48 .640
Smith 63-35 .643
Yes I realize the Canucks have been a great team over the past 3 years and yes I realize Cory's work sample is much smaller compared to all the other goalies except for Rask. But to have the best winning percentage in the past 3 years is pretty damn impressive if you ask me. I think it's crazy how some fans rather see Cory get traded instead of Luongo. There's no way the Canucks will receive equal value in any trade involving Cory.

spideyv2 04-09-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8207416)

That 3rd period tho :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

bballguy 04-09-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8207445)
That 3rd period tho :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

I had 6 beers by then l0lz, s'all good.

Iceman-19 04-09-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8207195)
ROFL, the Canucks first SH goal of the season

No it wasnt. Hank got one on the empty net against Calgary on sunday.

kristianhay 04-09-2013 06:24 AM

Y! SPORTS

Quote:

“Some guys are more worried about their Vegas trip at the end of the season than playing the remaining games. Quite frankly I don’t care about your Vegas trip right now. It’s not constructive,” said Giguere following yet another defeat in a string of up and down performances. “It’s embarrassing. I’m embarrassed to be here right now. It’s not even funny.”

“We have to find a way to get out of this losing mentality. It starts by me and then the next guy beside me and everybody’s got to do their part,” said Giguere. “We talk about it everyday. At some point we have to understand. There’s no more excuse. It’s not about being young. We have to put our head in the game.”

When asked if it was a of lack of talent or a problem with attitude, the response was simple.

“It’s not talent,” said Giguere.
Giguere ripping into some of his teammates. Avs should be a much better team than they are imo.

Not really racist! 04-09-2013 07:38 AM

^ I wonder if their young captain is in on that

Avs need better leadership.....

UFO 04-09-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 8207521)
^ I wonder if their young captain is in on that

Avs need better leadership.....

You read my mind. Maybe landeskog is worried about planning a kickass vegas trip.

UFO 04-09-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blah_Teggie (Post 8207438)
I think it's crazy how some fans rather see Cory get traded instead of Luongo. There's no way the Canucks will receive equal value in any trade involving Cory.

I think its crazy how you wouldn't consider trading Schneider. He's got more solid stats, younger, way more affordable contract. He should be worth at least a solid roster player,a good prospect, and a 1 or 2 round draft pick. Basically all the things MG wanted for Lu. I'd rather see us get back good value for Cory than get lowballed and get nothing back for Lu because we have to move him out of necessity.

With Luongo we know what we're getting. He's still a great goalie. I personally still have questions about Schneider's lack of playoff experience. He may pull through huge for us come playoff time, which could further cement his job here, or up his trade value even further. Either way I think is something we have to consider for the good of the team

AWDTurboLuvr 04-09-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO (Post 8207527)
You read my mind. Maybe landeskog is worried about planning a kickass vegas trip.

I think O'Brien would be the one organizing that trip.:)

Not really racist! 04-09-2013 08:30 AM

^ is the pre-party at the Roxy?

I'm actually surprised a lot of Canucks fans are 100% sold on trading Lu. I've always thought Schenid was worth more and could be a more viable solution. The way we've dealt with the whole situation is just ugly... and there's gonna be major fallout when either or them gets traded

I agree with UFO, he can probably fetch a high first rounder and a solid solid prospect but if we want immediate roster improvements probably a top6/top9, mid-range pick, and a good prospect

spideyv2 04-09-2013 08:48 AM

Lets trade a 27 year old goalie who has still yet to reach his prime, instead of a declining 34 year old goalie with an ugly contract

Makes sense
Posted via RS Mobile

Tim Budong 04-09-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO (Post 8207536)
I think its crazy how you wouldn't consider trading Schneider. He's got more solid stats, younger, way more affordable contract. He should be worth at least a solid roster player,a good prospect, and a 1 or 2 round draft pick. Basically all the things MG wanted for Lu. I'd rather see us get back good value for Cory than get lowballed and get nothing back for Lu because we have to move him out of necessity.

With Luongo we know what we're getting. He's still a great goalie. I personally still have questions about Schneider's lack of playoff experience. He may pull through huge for us come playoff time, which could further cement his job here, or up his trade value even further. Either way I think is something we have to consider for the good of the team

Quote:

Originally Posted by UFO (Post 8207527)

We will see what happens in the off season, Schneider's value could diminish simply for the fact that there are some very capable goalies out there that could come without costing any assets.

Yes, those Goalies are under performing, but who is to say that teams won't offer them a buttload of money

dinamix 04-09-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmperorIS (Post 8207176)
I love Derek Roy.

I'd let him fuck my daughter

Im sold on roy. Im not bitter about the hodgson trade anymore. Roy is a perfect replacement for hodgson on that third line.

Gillis reedeemed himself with this trade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H1JLF4jdpk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted via RS Mobile

AWDTurboLuvr 04-09-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayare604 (Post 8207557)
Lets trade a 27 year old goalie who has still yet to reach his prime, instead of a declining 34 year old goalie with an ugly contract

Makes sense
Posted via RS Mobile

So wait 4-5 years for Schnoo to reach his prime while everyone in front of him will be past theirs? Good job. If the end game is the win the Cup, then trading Lu for little usable returns is a mistake.

dinamix 04-09-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballguy (Post 8207416)

Your one of the few who actually witnessed an own goal live.
Posted via RS Mobile

RiceIntegraRS 04-09-2013 09:17 AM

Cory is in his prime now basically. Hes basically top 5 in all the goalie stats. Why would we trade him? Just because we would get a better return for him than Luu doesnt mean we have to trade him.
Posted via RS Mobile

mj_39 04-09-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiceIntegraRS (Post 8207575)
Cory is in his prime now basically. Hes basically top 5 in all the goalie stats. Why would we trade him? Just because we would get a better return for him than Luu doesnt mean we have to trade him.
Posted via RS Mobile

Because in today's game having a top 5 goalie isn't AS important as icing the best players possible. One thing you are forgetting is Luongo can still be a top 5 goalie so if the return is greater for Corey by all means they should make that happen. I could understand your statement if we had no replacement for Corey

Again this is my opinion I don't expect everyone to agree with me but this is how I feel.