REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:13 PM   #2326
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Seahawks sucking today. Leading 17-7 at one point ... now losing 30-17.

Good for LA Rams ... like it when TB loses.

Good for Chargers ... KC at 1-2 for the season. When was the last time they lost 2 in a row??!!
Advertisement

Last edited by whitev70r; 09-26-2021 at 03:39 PM.
whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #2327
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:38 PM   #2328

I haven't felt this happy watching sports since 2013... I was literally laughing out loud non stop, completely covered in goosebumps. What an all time great moment!

However

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Hollywood is the real deal now

Lamar had 4 absolutely perfect dimes in the first half... Just the best throws you'll ever see, right in the receiver's chest in stride... Game could have been a 40 burger instead of a new field goal record... But the Lions DB played one of those passes (to Watkins) absolutely perfectly, and the other 3 were flat out dropped by Hollywood. Like not "can't blame him" but actually in the hands and out. For this game at least, he was back to his old self.
Old 09-26-2021, 07:36 PM   #2329
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Sunday Night Football! What a game between the Packer and 49ers!

Both QBs played well. The 49ers defence looked a bit soft at the end of the fourth quarter though. The analyst guy Chris Collinsworth said that the San Fran DB's were covering the end zone too much. They left the middle of the field wide open enough for Rogers to complete a pass to DaVante Adams.

Crosby makes the 51 yard field goal. Game over.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:59 AM   #2330
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Seahawks sucking today. Leading 17-7 at one point ... now losing 30-17.

Good for LA Rams ... like it when TB loses.

Good for Chargers ... KC at 1-2 for the season. When was the last time they lost 2 in a row??!!
Seahawks are 3rd or 4th best team in that division depending where you want to rank the Niners, dark days ahead for the Hawks.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:02 AM   #2331

SNF had a good finish but man... Both defenses pretty bad, Jimmy G is just brutal most of the time. I bet Shanahan can't wait until Trey Lance is developed enough to be the starter. Rodgers is out of his mind good in moments like these.

Refs were awful in all the games I watched
Old 09-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #2332

Dallas is playing really well on both sides of the ball, hate to see it because Cowboy fans are the most delusional fans on this planet however got to give credit where credit is due.

I went to Arlington and watched a game at AT&T once and it was hilarious how passionate but unrealistic with their expectations those fans were, they actually believe in their heart of hearts that every year they are a superbowl contender.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 09-28-2021, 06:08 PM   #2333

They definitely have a chance this year if they keep playing like that. It feels like Dak is underrated. NFC is a lot less competitive than AFC so it's a bit more wide open.. I guess it's whoever can beat the Bucs?

Not sure how the experts are ranking them but it's probably 1) Rams 2) Bucs 3) Cowboys (or maybe Packers)
Old 09-29-2021, 06:21 PM   #2334

Not the most exciting slate of games this week in the daytime Sunday at least...

TNF: Jags @ Bungles. Will probably end up only watching half this game
1pm game: I'll watch Browns @ Vikings
4pm game: Ravens @ Broncos of course. Broncos are undefeated but they played literally the three worst teams in the league who are combined 0-9. Lamar nearly had the game of his life last week with some amazing Rodgers-like throws, but Hollywood for some reason reverted to previous form and failed him. I think Rashod will finally make his debut (edit: in 21 days), but coming off injury expectations should be low to start.

SNF will be fun, Bucs @ Pats. Lots of drama with Belichick saying Brady is basically running a Patriots offense so he knows what to expect

MNF Raiders @ Chargers will be fun too
Old 09-30-2021, 09:39 AM   #2335

First game I've been able to watch Trevor Lawrence. I know Jags are pretty terrible so not expecting a lot.

Old 09-30-2021, 01:43 PM   #2336
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
So the SB half time show is going to be good for once... Snoop, Dre, Mary j, Em and Kdot.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #2337

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
First game I've been able to watch Trevor Lawrence. I know Jags are pretty terrible so not expecting a lot.
Yeah I was hoping to maybe follow the Jags a bit this season since I like their owners, but no they have nothing to cheer for. Maybe the Urban Meyer thing will work out, but it's definitely not very effective early on.
Old 09-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #2338

Jags looking good so far!
Old 09-30-2021, 06:20 PM   #2339

Ah, there we go
Old 10-03-2021, 10:17 AM   #2340

Return of TB12 to New England ... will he shake bchick's hand after? I think so.

I say TB doubles up on NE whatever the score. 42-21?

Edit - I'm pleasantly surprised that the Pats were hanging with Tampa ... put up a good show. TB was lucky ... won on a kick by NE that hit the goal post on a wet rainy night.

Last edited by whitev70r; 10-03-2021 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:59 PM   #2341

ThE EaSy WaY tO bEaT lAmAr Is tO mAkE hIm pAsS

I love that they went and tied the NFL record most consecutive 100+ yard rushing games with the final play at the end instead of kneeling

Amazing defensive game for Baltimore, they just DESTROYED Teddy aside from that one good drive. Would have enjoyed a more competitive game, Lock is not an NFL worthy QB, but take what you get.

Great game by Sammy and Hollywood, and Money Mark! 300 passing yards for Lamar! BTW he has now beat every team in the AFC, fastest QB to ever clear a conference.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2021, 09:40 PM   #2342

Browns/Vikings games was a defensive battle, only 3 scores... Browns ran it very well of course, but whenever they tried to pass, Baker was way off the mark.

Clowney was playing out of his mind... One of my favourite players ever, and he's back to form
Old 10-04-2021, 05:56 AM   #2343
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

Mac Jones also played a good game despite the loss to Brady and the Bucks.

31 for 40 for passes made. 275 yards passing.

The Pats could not make the big defensive play every time the Bucs were on 3rd down.

The game came down to field goals in the pouring rain at Gillette Stadium.

Congrats to TB12 for attaining the NFL’s all time passing record!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 10-04-2021 at 06:01 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:33 AM   #2344

Jones played great, but in the end BB didn't trust him to get the 4th down, and went with a very low percentage field goal instead (and also would have given Brady over a minute to win the game anyway)

Very cowardly coaching by Bill, and out of character. I guess Tom got into his head or something, or he's not used to having literally the best QB ever. You can kind of understand not fully trusting or wanting to protect the rookie, but look at how he was playing, look at your kicker who he rarely sends out for 50+, look at the weather... Weird call from him.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:19 AM   #2345

If Tampa Brady signs him, I'm done
Old 10-07-2021, 06:45 PM   #2346

Russ is like 90% of the most boring QB in the league, and 10% of the most exciting

Geno looking like a starter out there!

LET GENO COOK!
Old 10-07-2021, 07:18 PM   #2347

Old 10-07-2021, 08:30 PM   #2348

Backup quarterback looked good ... till that last INT. He's got potential ... trade Wilson now.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:07 PM   #2349

Seattle's defense is cooked.. That has to be it for them, I don't see how they can recover in that division.

Jets vs Falcons in London on Sunday morning... Two shitty teams but it's a primetime game for me Sun night so I'll check it out.

1pm games not much there for me.. Might check out Broncos @ Steelers to see how the Steelers play them compared to the Ravens beating them down last week. Love to see the Steelers fail these days. Going to be like 10-7 final score lol.

Packers @ Bengals looks more exciting so maybe I'll go there instead. I feel a like it'll be a blowout though

Afternoon game Browns @ Chargers will be a good game if Baker can get his shit together. Apparently his non throwing shoulder is hurt which is why he looked all time awful against the Vikings. Giants @ Cowboys is a big one too, always fun to watch.

SNF should be a classic, Bills @ Chiefs.. Bills are scary..

And MNF will be Colts @ Ravens, with Ngata's 92 going into the Circle of Fame or whatever they call it. Will be fun to see Oweh blow up Wentz over and over Ravens will be wearing black jerseys with purple pants, which they've only done once and it looks awesome. Will look amazing on MNF
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2021, 09:48 AM   #2350

Remember when Geno got his jaw broken by a team mate over $600? I wonder if he learned anything from that?