REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-02-2023, 06:55 PM   #2976
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
It could be similar to what happened to Chris Pronger.. Obviously he recovered, but is still extremely dangerous and can be lethal

Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:04 PM   #2977
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Source seems legit ...

whitev70r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 10:08 PM   #2978

Update from team

Old 01-03-2023, 08:53 AM   #2979
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Huge props to the people who donated to Damar Hamlin's GoFundMe page to buy toys for kids:

https://www.tsn.ca/nfl/fans-give-mil...kids-1.1900982

Damar Hamlin’s goal was simple: He wanted to raise $2,500 online to buy toys for needy kids.

It took about two years.

Then came Monday, when the Buffalo Bills safety was critically injured and needed his heart restarted on the field in a chilling scene that unfolded during a nationally televised game against the Cincinnati Bengals. He instantly became one of the biggest stories in sports, and thousands of people found his GoFundMe page.

The result: roughly $3.7 million donated in the first 12 hours. And the number is climbing.

A fundraiser that as of last month had raised $2,921 was up to $3,637,590 by 10 a.m. Eastern on Tuesday — with about 130,000 people going online in that span to donate, on average, about $28. Some of the donations were smaller. Some were more than $5,000. On average, about three donations were being made every second in that initial 12-hour span.

And many came with messages of hope for a 24-year-old player in his second season, sedated in a Cincinnati hospital, listed in critical condition and with some teammates unwilling to return to Buffalo just so they could remain close to him.

“There are moments in life that stop the world,” wrote Michael Lynch, who donated Tuesday morning. “We all pray for two things. Your speedy recovery and that your impact to the world is enhanced by your go fund me.”
Old 01-03-2023, 09:35 AM   #2980

Here are the options that the NFL is considering for the Bills vs. Bengals game:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl...2701a646af38f8

OPTION 1:

There are a few different routes that could be taken, and one is pushing the entire season back a week.

As Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk noted, the NFL postponed its entire season by a week following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. There is typically a bye week between conference championship games and the Super Bowl, but that was eliminated in 2001. One option for the NFL would be to move the Bills-Bengals game to this coming weekend and push Week 18 and the entire remainder of the NFL schedule — except for the Super Bowl — back a week.

OPTION 2:

Another possibility the NFL could entertain is canceling the Bills-Bengals game altogether. Playoff seeding could then be determined by winning percentage, with Buffalo and Cincinnati having played one less game than the 30 other teams. Florio says the NFL was prepared to take that approach in 2020, when there was a risk of games being canceled due to the pandemic.
Old 01-03-2023, 09:54 AM   #2981
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
It makes me sick to see those fxxking anti-vaxxers making the Hamlin incident a vehicle to further their absolutely ridiculous and scientifically unsound cause. Unfortunately, there are these covidiots among my social network too.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-03-2023, 04:02 PM   #2982
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
^Anything for them to push their stupid agenda, how do they even know he's vaccinated?

Prayers to this guy. It might sound weird, but I hope more parents watched what happened last night and decide to not put their kids into football.

I have this love/hate thing when it comes to the game itself. It's fun to watch, the athleticism by the players is truly something to see, yet part of me thinks this sport should change. It's far too brutal and violet in its current form.

Youth involvement in football has been on the decline for years now, I hope instances like this accelerate its decline. This sport relies far too much on impoverished kids playing in the high school and college system destroying their bodies for fucking free, it's insane to me.

It's odd because I'm an MMA fan, and boxed in the amateurs for 4 years when I was a teenager. While both sports are brutal, I look at it much differently than that of American Football, its brutality is a completely different beast.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2023, 07:07 AM   #2983
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^Anything for them to push their stupid agenda, how do they even know he's vaccinated?

Prayers to this guy. It might sound weird, but I hope more parents watched what happened last night and decide to not put their kids into football.

I have this love/hate thing when it comes to the game itself. It's fun to watch, the athleticism by the players is truly something to see, yet part of me thinks this sport should change. It's far too brutal and violet in its current form.

Youth involvement in football has been on the decline for years now, I hope instances like this accelerate its decline. This sport relies far too much on impoverished kids playing in the high school and college system destroying their bodies for fucking free, it's insane to me.

It's odd because I'm an MMA fan, and boxed in the amateurs for 4 years when I was a teenager. While both sports are brutal, I look at it much differently than that of American Football, its brutality is a completely different beast.
I understand where you're coming from but I have to disagree, football has been so great for my son and I have zero regrets of getting him into it at 5 years old. He started with flag and moved into tackle over the years playing Community ball both tackle and flag and then making the move into Triple A high school football. He got awards this year as a grade 11 playing on the senior team as the hardest working and most coachable kid on the team. High School ball is over for this year so he's transitioned into an Elite Travel Touch team where he'll go to Seattle, LA, Toronto and Vegas competing against some of the best kids in NA getting coached by former players like Geroy Simon, Paris Jackson, JR LaRose ect.

He still has goals of playing college football here in Canada as a DB or Safety, they are realistic goals as long as he keeps his grades up which he has done. He has one more year of high school football and hopefully he makes the jump, if not he learned how to work as a team, how to take instruction and coaching and apply it and generally he's just a confident kid, sometimes too confident I have to knock him down a notch occasionally.

I'm obviously biased, I also had him in boxing for years so maybe I'm not risk averse when it comes to my son, I want him out there getting experiences. Do I worry about him? Absolutely, he's had a few injuries mostly fractured fingers and a fractured arm last year in Rugby, the only concussion he had was about 6 years ago he slipped in the shower and hit his head but never from sports.

My son is so good at taking in information and applying it, he's ridiculously good at it like you give him a playbook he'll have it memorized and know everyone's position and assignment before the other kids have even read it. I keep telling him he should be volunteering to coach the younger kids back in community ball, he would make a great coach. Sorry for ranting, I'm a proud dad, he's my biggest accomplishment.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa

Last edited by quasi; 01-04-2023 at 07:15 AM.
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-04-2023, 09:40 AM   #2984

The Broncos' new owner Rob Walton is throwing big money at Jim Harbaugh to entice him to coach for Denver. $20 million per season:

https://thecomeback.com/nfl/jim-harb...r-cowherd.html
Old 01-04-2023, 10:30 AM   #2985

^ definition of stupid.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:08 AM   #2986

-remarkable to see the tight bonds of friendship in the NFL. Props to the players for showing support to Hamlin.

Hamlin's close friend from high school, Rodney Thomas II of the Colts, drove to the hospital to visit his friend.

https://sports.yahoo.com/colts-rodne...143356288.html

JJ Stankevitz
@JJStankevitz
Per
@Ben_Baby
Rodney Thomas II and Damar Hamlin were high school teammates and have a "brother-like" relationship, and Rodney drove to Cincinnati today to visit Hamlin in the hospital

Latest update. Great news about Hamlin's recovery:

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that Hamlin opened his eyes on Wednesday night, is responsive and has been gripping the hands of those close to him.

“Per the physicians caring for Damar Hamlin at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Damar has shown remarkable improvement over the past 24 hours,” the Bills tweeted. “While still critically ill, he has demonstrated that he appears to be neurologically intact. His lungs continue to heal and he is making steady progress.

-sounds like Hamlin's brain is fine. His lungs continue to heal.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-05-2023 at 07:42 AM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2023, 11:55 AM   #2987

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I understand where you're coming from but I have to disagree, football has been so great for my son and I have zero regrets of getting him into it at 5 years old. He started with flag and moved into tackle over the years playing Community ball both tackle and flag and then making the move into Triple A high school football. He got awards this year as a grade 11 playing on the senior team as the hardest working and most coachable kid on the team. High School ball is over for this year so he's transitioned into an Elite Travel Touch team where he'll go to Seattle, LA, Toronto and Vegas competing against some of the best kids in NA getting coached by former players like Geroy Simon, Paris Jackson, JR LaRose ect.

He still has goals of playing college football here in Canada as a DB or Safety, they are realistic goals as long as he keeps his grades up which he has done. He has one more year of high school football and hopefully he makes the jump, if not he learned how to work as a team, how to take instruction and coaching and apply it and generally he's just a confident kid, sometimes too confident I have to knock him down a notch occasionally.

I'm obviously biased, I also had him in boxing for years so maybe I'm not risk averse when it comes to my son, I want him out there getting experiences. Do I worry about him? Absolutely, he's had a few injuries mostly fractured fingers and a fractured arm last year in Rugby, the only concussion he had was about 6 years ago he slipped in the shower and hit his head but never from sports.

My son is so good at taking in information and applying it, he's ridiculously good at it like you give him a playbook he'll have it memorized and know everyone's position and assignment before the other kids have even read it. I keep telling him he should be volunteering to coach the younger kids back in community ball, he would make a great coach. Sorry for ranting, I'm a proud dad, he's my biggest accomplishment.
I feel you on that, but lets say your son is actually gifted and has the potential to reach the NFL one day. I think you'd have a different opinion if your son had his ACL or MCL torn out while playing for free in college, leaving him with a possible lifelong disability, and/or completely nullifying his ability to ever attain gainful employment in the professional league.

American Football is one of the few sports in which that happens all the time.

In any other sport (soccer, hockey, basketball, baseball) a player can go straight to the pros and get paid for their talents without sacrificing their bodies for no compensation.

That's my fundamental problem with the NFL and football in general. It's an incredibly brutal sport that many guys get their bodies completely wrecked in before ever making it to the pros, I find that extremely problematic.
Old 01-05-2023, 03:39 PM   #2988

Sounds like DH is doing a lot better

This post thanked by:
Old 01-06-2023, 11:33 AM   #2989

Hey, SkinnyPupp, it sounds like that your team's QB is out longer than expected with his injury.

Lamar is not playing on Sunday.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl...411f3b7541e88b

Lamar's injury status has huge playoff seeding implications for the Bengals.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
Follow
Ravens’ HC John Harbaugh officially ruled out QB Lamar Jackson for Sunday’s game vs. the Bengals.
Old 01-06-2023, 03:18 PM   #2990

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Hey, SkinnyPupp, it sounds like that your team's QB is out longer than expected with his injury.

Lamar is not playing on Sunday.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl...411f3b7541e88b

Lamar's injury status has huge playoff seeding implications for the Bengals.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
Follow
Ravens’ HC John Harbaugh officially ruled out QB Lamar Jackson for Sunday’s game vs. the Bengals.
Yup initial prognosis was 4-6 weeks, and we're just over 4 weeks now. Hopefully he's back for the playoffs! Huntley has been.. well not totally awful, but not good enough to carry this offense. Glad they made it in before all this

As for this game itself, the Ravens got kind of fucked by the Bengals/Bills game not taking place, so I don't think it matters if they win or lose. They can't win the division anymore. If they play each other in the playoffs, home field will be determined by a COIN-FLIP, so if they're lucky they can 'benefit' from that game not taking place. Bengals were trying to fight it but I think it went through.
Old 01-08-2023, 07:23 PM   #2991

Most satisfying last game of the season ... good job Detroit !!

Congratulations Seahawks ... your season is not finished just quite yet.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2023, 09:09 PM   #2992

The Official *NFL* thread

Well done Bills. They played really well. Seven game winning streak. They also did it for no. 3, Hamlin.

My Pats are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Buffalo shut down the Pats’ running game.

Kudos to Hines for the 2 TD returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-09-2023, 01:17 AM   #2993

Congrats Detroit but they got SO FUCKED by some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in that Seattle game. Rams got screwed, so the Lions got screwed out of this win putting them in the playoffs.

How Lions is that?
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2023, 11:52 AM   #2994

Lions can keep their heads up, they played fantastically the latter half of the season. What a story.

So happy Dan Campbell will get another season.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2023, 03:58 PM   #2995

Lions Tick Tock dunking on Aaron Rodgers

This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2023, 08:34 AM   #2996
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Congrats Detroit but they got SO FUCKED by some of the worst officiating I've ever seen in that Seattle game. Rams got screwed, so the Lions got screwed out of this win putting them in the playoffs.

How Lions is that?
Was watching the Rams game closely, I swear there is NO way you could watch that game and not think the league is meddling. The offiicials literally did everything possible to make sure Seattle won that game.

The BS penalty on the punt... not making the taunting call against Seattle in OT... not calling intentional grounding on Smith... just boggles the mind.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2023, 10:46 AM   #2997

^To play Devil's Advocate, I really expected some shenanigan's by the refs in the Lions/GB game, I figured for sure they'd find a way to get GB into the playoffs.

They didn't though.
Old 01-10-2023, 10:58 AM   #2998

Hey, SkinnyPupp, your team took care of business in signing their Pro Bowl LB to a new contract.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-lb-r...tract-extensio

45 million is guaranteed money for Smith.
Old 01-10-2023, 11:20 AM   #2999
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
^To play Devil's Advocate, I really expected some shenanigan's by the refs in the Lions/GB game, I figured for sure they'd find a way to get GB into the playoffs.

They didn't though.
I couldn't decide, I think the league actually isn't on the Rodgers train... maybe if he wasn't such a douchebag.

Seattle is a much more vibrant and fickle market for them than Green Bay... that team is all those fuckers have in WI hahaha
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2023, 03:42 PM   #3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Hey, SkinnyPupp, your team took care of business in signing their Pro Bowl LB to a new contract.

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-lb-r...tract-extensio

45 million is guaranteed money for Smith.
YES!

This guy has been the most insane LB in the league since he got traded... Reminds me a lot of one of my favourites Shaq Leonard (who had a bad season this year). He makes the entire defense around him better. Queen had been improving, but once Roquan was on the team he was like 10 times better.

Average opponents PPG went from 23 before the trade, to 14.7. Allowed yards per game went from 364 to 288. YPC went from 4.4 to 3.5. Red zone TD% went from 61.3 to 28!

He is a FRANCHISE player, so happy about this signing. Absolutely worth every penny being the highest paid LB ever. Might cost them being able to re-sign Marcus Peters though.

Ravens barely need to score 3 times to win games lol

Unfortunately they can't even do that without Lamar.. God I hope he can play.

They actually could have won that Bengals game if the offense hadn't given up 17 points (out of 27). With a third stringer who is probably not good enough for the CFL let alone NFL! Not mad at all about that game though, the defense looked great; Burrow looked lost at times, and Chase was locked down again. They tried throwing to Daryl Worley over and over, but dude balled out and is also a wrecking ball.

Sorry for the rant, this was great news to wake up to