REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #1951
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
What a game between Seattle and the 49ers! Clowney played one heck of a game tonight. Wilson played well enough in OT, other than the interception, to put his kicker in field goal range.

Richard Sherman’s big mouth can be shut after this overtime loss tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2019, 11:37 PM   #1952
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
That game was too much... I can't take it!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:43 AM   #1953
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Great game, hate the Seahawks but no doubting Wilson is the best player in the league.

He's that guy you could stick on half a dozen teams right now and they would instantly be super bowl favorites.

Going to watch the Vikings play there in a few weeks with my son, the Vikings defense has been so suspect this year I'm hopeful but realistic it's probably not going to be a great night.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:54 PM   #1954
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,897 Posts
Steelers are cursed with injuries this season

Steelers' Smith-Schuster, Conner injured against Browns
https://www.tsn.ca/pittsburgh-steele...owns-1.1398072
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:39 PM   #1955

Ugly ending to an ugly game
Old 11-15-2019, 06:49 AM   #1956

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Ugly ending to an ugly game
You can take the guy out the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the guy. He's done for season for sure.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 11-15-2019, 07:58 AM   #1957

What makes you say Myles Garrett is "ghetto"?
Old 11-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #1958

Quote:
What makes you say Myles Garrett is "ghetto"?
I was generalizing but that behavior is hood rat behavior. IMO no normal functioning adult who was brought up properly is doing anything like that, swinging a helmet like it's an axe at someones head on national TV.

Verdict is in he's done for the year and next year is a question a mark.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #1959

I wouldn't classify it as "ghetto" or "hood" any more than I'd classify Bertuzzi's attack the same. It was a dude snapping. It was dirty, pretty much criminal, and he'll pay the price. Hopefully he learns from it, we'll have to see what his reaction is.

He had a fine upbringing, growing up in Texas, by athlete parents, as a future superstar athlete from high school on up. He's a nerd who likes dinosaurs and poetry. He just lost control like anyone else. He's not "ghetto" come on.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:22 PM   #1960
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts

Cleveland should update their helmet to look something more like this.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:38 PM   #1961

Even when the Browns win, they lose

Got to say, yesterday's game may have been shit, with bad play by both teams (except 2 great throws by Mayfield) but it was the game of the year so far for Ravens fans
Old 11-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #1962

WTF is wrong with Kapernick ... decided to change the location of tryout an hour before the scheduled time?!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ernick-workout
Old 11-17-2019, 01:14 AM   #1963

I dunno NFL looks like the scummy ones here. Like they're making a gesture to gain some credibility in their NFLPA negotiation, but not really "helping" anyone. Kaep wanted to have a workout open to the public, so they moved it to a high school. Oh BTW the school is actually closer to the airport if what I've read is true.

Edit: Nike is trying to get NFL to edit that statement, saying that they weren't there and had nothing to do with Kaep's decision making, or something to that effect.

Old 11-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #1964

So am I allowed to think the Ravens and Lamar are actually pretty decent?
Old 11-18-2019, 07:29 AM   #1965

I agree with what a lot of the NFL commentators have hinted at, this was never about finding a job for Kaepernick it's nothing more that a publicity stunt. He has zero interest in signing with someone, he knows nobody is going to sign him to be a starter. Lets not forget 3 years ago he lost his job to Blaine Gabbert and Blaine Gabbert is shit.

He just needs to fade off into the distance with Antonio Clown.

Old 11-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I agree with what a lot of the NFL commentators have hinted at, this was never about finding a job for Kaepernick it's nothing more that a publicity stunt. He has zero interest in signing with someone, he knows nobody is going to sign him to be a starter. Lets not forget 3 years ago he lost his job to Blaine Gabbert and Blaine Gabbert is shit.

He just needs to fade off into the distance with Antonio Clown.
You got it half right I think.. this is a publicity stunt by the NFL, not Colin Kaepernick lol. He didn't even know they'd to this when they did, until we all found out.

And he didn't lose his job because he's a bad player. That's pretty much what this is all about.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:40 AM   #1967

Quote:
You got it half right I think.. this is a publicity stunt by the NFL, not Colin Kaepernick lol. He didn't even know they'd to this when they did, until we all found out.

And he didn't lose his job because he's a bad player. That's pretty much what this is all about.
We'll have to agree to disagree, he lost his job before he was kneeling so I'm not really sure where you're going with that. Why do you think he lost his job if it wasn't for his play and he was benched before kneeling?

If you're a good player you can get a way with a lot, Tyreek Hill can beat children and play, Kareem Hunt can kick woman in the face on camera and still play.

Don't get it twisted he was a huge pain in the ass with the kneeling issue but when it comes down to if he had talent like real starter talent where a team was like this guy can help us he would have been signed. He was offered a contract by Denver after the Niners but turned it down either because of the money or the position they were offering him.

Would he be one of the top 64 QB's in the NFL? Possibly but he's not worth the headache.

Ray Rice was winding down a bit had he had Alvin Kamara, Dalvin Cook or Barkley talent at the time he beat the shit out of his wife he would have been back in the league as well after the suspension. If you have talent they'll overlook a lot, it's like a sliding scale talent vs headache the more of a headache you are the more talent you need. Kaepernick might be the 53rd best QB in the NFL right now today and deserves a backup job but the push back from some fans and the media attention it brings and the distraction to the locker room makes him unsignable for most. If he had Lamar Jackson or Mahomes talent he'd be playing right now....but he doesn't.

Last edited by quasi; 11-18-2019 at 09:07 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2019, 10:10 AM   #1968

^ Add Ezekiel Elliot to the list. The only 'bad apple' that doesn't seem like he'll play is AB .. but he's a basket case to another level.
Old 11-19-2019, 08:58 AM   #1969
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree, he lost his job before he was kneeling so I'm not really sure where you're going with that. Why do you think he lost his job if it wasn't for his play and he was benched before kneeling?

If you're a good player you can get a way with a lot, Tyreek Hill can beat children and play, Kareem Hunt can kick woman in the face on camera and still play.

Don't get it twisted he was a huge pain in the ass with the kneeling issue but when it comes down to if he had talent like real starter talent where a team was like this guy can help us he would have been signed. He was offered a contract by Denver after the Niners but turned it down either because of the money or the position they were offering him.

Would he be one of the top 64 QB's in the NFL? Possibly but he's not worth the headache.

Ray Rice was winding down a bit had he had Alvin Kamara, Dalvin Cook or Barkley talent at the time he beat the shit out of his wife he would have been back in the league as well after the suspension. If you have talent they'll overlook a lot, it's like a sliding scale talent vs headache the more of a headache you are the more talent you need. Kaepernick might be the 53rd best QB in the NFL right now today and deserves a backup job but the push back from some fans and the media attention it brings and the distraction to the locker room makes him unsignable for most. If he had Lamar Jackson or Mahomes talent he'd be playing right now....but he doesn't.
Kap showing up to his job interview wearing a 'Kunta Kinte' shirt is also indefensible if he really wanted his job back
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:37 PM   #1970

He's just letting them know that if any team does want him, he's not going to change his stance for them. Good on him. Whichever team does pick him up will get my support. I think several teams could use him - Bears for sure. Pittsburgh if they care about the rest of the season. Panthers maybe? Chargers?

Also if teams are going to want to replicate what the Ravens are doing, they will probably consider him.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:33 AM   #1971
RS controls my life!

Quote:
He's just letting them know that if any team does want him, he's not going to change his stance for them. Good on him. Whichever team does pick him up will get my support.
That's totally fine with me as well and I support his cause but the narrative about this tryout being a 100% PR stunt and giving zero credit to NFL for trying to reconcile relationships with Kap has no merit.

Kap says he wants his job back but his actions look like he couldn't care less. You can't publicly call out the CEO and a bunch of execs at a job interview and expect good results. NFL is a private business and its a privilege to play as a QB, not a right...

“I’ve been denied for three years. We all know why. I came out here today and showed it in front of everybody. We have nothing to hide. We’re waiting for the 32 owners, the 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them to stop running, stop running from the truth, stop running from the people.”
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2019, 04:31 PM   #1972

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
That's totally fine with me as well and I support his cause but the narrative about this tryout being a 100% PR stunt and giving zero credit to NFL for trying to reconcile relationships with Kap has no merit.

Kap says he wants his job back but his actions look like he couldn't care less. You can't publicly call out the CEO and a bunch of execs at a job interview and expect good results. NFL is a private business and its a privilege to play as a QB, not a right...

“I’ve been denied for three years. We all know why. I came out here today and showed it in front of everybody. We have nothing to hide. We’re waiting for the 32 owners, the 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them to stop running, stop running from the truth, stop running from the people.”
I think it's more that he knows he'll never get his job back, and is trying to make the most of it by spreading his message further, and hey might as well get some Nike promo in as well.

And remember, this whole thing is organized by the NFL. It's their PR stunt, not his. They want to make a show that they're trying to get him a job.

The whole thing is fucked, but I definitely side with him on most of it.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2019, 05:37 PM   #1973

40 burger tonight?

Edit:
Old 11-26-2019, 12:09 PM   #1974

Skinny

I'll admit when I'm wrong, I honestly didn't think that much of Lamar going into this season. I thought he was a good running back playing QB with an average arm who was going to get killed playing the style he does.

I was wrong, the kid can ball and the coaching is setting him up for success. I hope he stays healthy for a long time because he sure is fun to watch.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2019, 03:09 PM   #1975

Honestly back then nobody knew he'd be this good back then, and I was just playing around. After the Browns loss, they completely revamped the defense, and that is what is allowing Lamar to shine so much. He only plays 3 quarters a game because the other team not only gets shit on, they can't score either.

Compare this to last year's megastar Mahomes, who was just as brilliant but still had to fight for these huge high score wins, because their defense wasn't nearly as good. Or Russ this year, just about every game is a final drive comeback.

Lamar is getting all the attention, and deservedly so, but I think people are sleeping on the Ravens D. They kept Brady, Russ, Deshaun, Goff, and whoever the Bengals QB is, to like 3 touchdowns TOTAL.

It feels weird as a fan, because of all my life of following different sports, I have never been a fan of 'the best team'. Though I suppose the Canucks were up there during the WCE day. This time, it just happened naturally. Every game is more nerve racking than the last, because expectations are so high. But they've been meeting them every time.
This post thanked by: