REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:35 AM   #2026
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
If Ben doesn't come back, a team like the Steelers would be a good fit for him. Their D can make up for two interceptions a game easily lol

Or Chargers? Another team with good defense, and Rivers will most likely be gone. Or Bears.
Steelers might not be a bad landing spot for Rivers if Ben retires, gives them some time to find another QB. I did read the other day that the Colts were interested in Rivers but that doesn't make sense to me, Brissett is a decent QB and he is signed next year.

I'm happy to see Tannehill making the most of his opportunities in Tennessee, I think he somewhat got the raw deal in Miami on a terribly coached team with no talent.
Advertisement

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #2027
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,015 Times in 1,911 Posts
Two really good wildcard games today ... looks like an exciting finish in NE. Tenessee leading 14-13 with about 2 mins left.

Wonder why both games were AFC, in the past, they'd have an AFC and an NFC, no? Nevertheless, a really good Saturday of football!

Oh my ... looks like Belichick got out coached by an ex-player of his!

Bye bye NE!

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-04-2020 at 07:57 PM.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:27 PM   #2028
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,823 Times in 8,194 Posts
THE DYNASTY IS OVER!

What a fucking relief. So sick of their entitled "fans" (they were even booing tonight after a 3 and out) and dirty play and cheating. Also love that it ended on a pick 6 Thank you Dolphins! FitzMagic and TanneMountain

A whole lot of Pats "fans" are going to start watching different sports starting next year

The outrage and anger BB expressed as Vrabel used his own cheapy tactics against him in this dynasty ending game was just poetic.

What a game!

Derek Henry is insane, more beastly than Beast Mode. Dude just seems to be running in slow motion since he's so much bigger than everyone else. Any time the Titans tried anything else, they could barely move the ball.

First game was insane too, omg. Watson wasn't great for most of the game, but for a couple plays he can just take over. I wonder if Fuller will be able to play next week?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:50 PM   #2029
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Quote:
THE DYNASTY IS OVER!

What a fucking relief. So sick of their entitled "fans" (they were even booing tonight after a 3 and out) and dirty play and cheating. Also love that it ended on a pick 6 Thank you Dolphins! FitzMagic and TanneMountain

A whole lot of Pats "fans" are going to start watching different sports starting next year

The outrage and anger BB expressed as Vrabel used his own cheapy tactics against him in this dynasty ending game was just poetic.

What a game!

Derek Henry is insane, more beastly than Beast Mode. Dude just seems to be running in slow motion since he's so much bigger than everyone else. Any time the Titans tried anything else, they could barely move the ball.

First game was insane too, omg. Watson wasn't great for most of the game, but for a couple plays he can just take over. I wonder if Fuller will be able to play next week?
Never, ever underestimate a heart of a six time Superbowl champion! I agree with Tony Romo. UFA Tom Brady will come back for another season with the Patriots. His Hall of Fame of career is not over. He will come back very, very motivated to prove the doubters and haters wrong.

If Brady does make a decision to retire, based on offensive coordinator Josh McDaniel's decision to take a head coaching job elsewhere, that is A-Okay.

The G.O.A.T. earned his right to make a decision to retire with 6 championship rings, four time Superbowl MVPs, and multiple NFL records.

My picks for the teams that can go to the Superbowl are the Chiefs, 49ers, or Saints.

Lamar Jackson and his Ravens team mates are not running to Miami to play in the Superbowl.

Last edited by pastarocket; 01-04-2020 at 08:03 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #2030

Brady definitely hasn't had the help he needed, but he also looked pretty bad at times, something that has significantly changed even compared to a year ago. Add another off season to that... I mean if anyone can do it, he can. But the Pats haven't looked like a normal team with a normal QB in as long as I can remember, but they sure have for the second half of this year. If anything, he will sign with another team if he thinks they give him a better chance at winning.

Go ahead pick against the Ravens, I wish more people would. I am so not used to my teams being the favourite (especially by this margin) to win games, let alone championships.

I will say I was really scared of them having to face the Bills, and I'm glad that's out of the picture. I do fear Henry, but I think they have a chance to contain him. The only major weakness of the Ravens defensively is against wide runs, and that's definitely not what the Titans do.

Also the Titans may have to put up more than 40 to win, and I don't think you can do that by running all day. I mean he ran for nearly 200 yards today, for 14 points total, so...
Old 01-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #2031

Woooo, eat a dick Sean Payton you dirty POS. I don't care if the Vikings go out next round at least the Aints are done this year.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #2032
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Was the final touch down in the saints/vikings game a penalty?

Why would the review so short/quick?

Saints always getting screwed
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
Was the final touch down in the saints/vikings game a penalty?

Why would the review so short/quick?

Saints always getting screwed
Not enough to change the call on the field, even though they made penalties reviewable this year there have been a ton that have been challenged and very few like maybe a couple blatant ones all season that have actually been reversed and although there was a bit of a push off honestly nothing more than you see on every play. The hold/PI that NO got away with in the first quarter against he Vikings that was almost picked was way worse, that was not reviewed or challenged.

I mean if you want to break it down you can call a penalty on every single play in an NFL game, a hold, a PI whatever.

Actually looking at it again the defensive player was actually holding on and never turned around to play ball its not PI at the best of times.

Last edited by quasi; 01-05-2020 at 04:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:51 PM   #2034

Did Clowney get penalty or ejection for head to head hit on Wentz?
Old 01-06-2020, 02:47 AM   #2035

Saints just had every close or lucky call go the other way. Almost seems like the team is cursed! Good for Vikings fans though. Thielen went from goat to GOAT. Fun as hell game.

Shame Wentz went out early like that. The hit sure looks suspect from certain angles, but I'm not the one who decides that. Clowney wasn't ejected or penalized for it, but they'll look at whether they should suspend him or not.

In super slow-motion, y ou can argue that he intentionally drove his head towards Wentz's head. But who knows, maybe he was just going for the ball and it just looked like that. I have to give players like this the benefit of doubt. If it was Burfict, that would be another story.

DK Metcalf is going to be a megastar for the Seahawks. Next Megatron?

Drew Brees looked old for the first time all season

What a crazy wild card weekend! Brady legacy is OVER and the #1 or #2 threat in NFC is GONE.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:25 AM   #2036

Not sure if anyone even cares but Dallas got themselves a recycled coach in Mike McCarthy ... I'll give him 2 years before Tony Romo comes in to replace him.
Old 01-06-2020, 11:45 AM   #2037

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Not sure if anyone even cares but Dallas got themselves a recycled coach in Mike McCarthy ... I'll give him 2 years before Tony Romo comes in to replace him.
I think Romo is to smart to take that job, no self respecting coach wants to deal with Jerry Jones and his bullshit plus he's considered one of the best Analysts out there right now. I doubt he ever leaves his current job unless he's retiring for good.

Old 01-06-2020, 01:10 PM   #2038

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I think Romo is to smart to take that job, no self respecting coach wants to deal with Jerry Jones and his bullshit plus he's considered one of the best Analysts out there right now. I doubt he ever leaves his current job unless he's retiring for good.
Q: do you know how much analysts make? I wonder if it is in the millions ... sure is a helluva cushier job than the 100hr/week as an NFL coach. But then, to each his own ... no one has ever gotten accolades as the analyst who did the Superbowl game ... but if you coached a team to Superbowl ... you get legend status in Dallas.

Edit - just looked it up, Romo gets paid $4m/yr ... and probably going to get a raise next year.
Old 01-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #2039

Quote:
Q: do you know how much analysts make? I wonder if it is in the millions ... sure is a helluva cushier job than the 100hr/week as an NFL coach. But then, to each his own ... no one has ever gotten accolades as the analyst who did the Superbowl game ... but if you coached a team to Superbowl ... you get legend status in Dallas.

Edit - just looked it up, Romo gets paid $4m/yr ... and probably going to get a raise next year.
Yeah, probably similar to a decent head coach. He's made a lot of money over his career so probably not the motivation.

I just think how tough would it be to be a Coach under Jerry Jones? He's always getting involved, he publicly criticizes his coaches and his players can you imagine what happens behind closed doors? Also if your coaching there you don't even have a qualified GM you have Jerry.

Old 01-06-2020, 03:33 PM   #2040

Romo has quickly become the best analyst since Madden. Networks are going to fight over him once this contract is up, and he'll probably make 3-4X what he's making now.

McCarthy always claimed his GM wasn't involved enough, and he basically had Rodgers and 52 other guys. Well now he has a group of very talented but underperforming players. Actually Jerry did a great job of putting this team together, he just needed to stop meddling from there.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:23 PM   #2041

Quote:

Go ahead pick against the Ravens, I wish more people would. I am so not used to my teams being the favourite (especially by this margin) to win games, let alone championships.

I will say I was really scared of them having to face the Bills, and I'm glad that's out of the picture. I do fear Henry, but I think they have a chance to contain him. The only major weakness of the Ravens defensively is against wide runs, and that's definitely not what the Titans do.

Also the Titans may have to put up more than 40 to win, and I don't think you can do that by running all day. I mean he ran for nearly 200 yards today, for 14 points total, so...
Yo dawg ... you watching this? Upset in the making ... watch Vrabel delay game .... delay game ... delay game again with a nice lead.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #2042
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Im loving this upset. Go titans go

Lamar too inexperienced for the playoffs

Last edited by DavidNguyen; 01-11-2020 at 06:38 PM.
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2020, 06:41 PM   #2043

Yup you could see the upset coming a mile away unfortunately. Underdog team with huge momentum after ending a dynasty on the road, goes in and beats the team with higher playoff expectations than any in the last 10 years, who have just taken 3 weeks off

I said they'd need to score 30 and it looks like they're going to, but I guess they didn't need to after all

Ravens offense aren't playing like they have all year, and Lamar is trying to do everything on his own. Hurst yelled at him after catching a 10 yard pass, begging for more passes.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:44 PM   #2044

Quote:
I said they'd need to score 30 and it looks like they're going to, but I guess they didn't need to after all
Actually, you said

Quote:
Old 01-11-2020, 06:45 PM   #2045

OK 40 then

And they might just do that
Old 01-11-2020, 07:31 PM   #2046

Tennessee is the new Baltimore with Tannehill stats at - 7 for 14, 88 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT but most importantly, the W.

Pretty impressive game plan. You must say that they are peaking at just the right time.

Ravens only one of six 14-2 record teams to be one and out. Sports writers calling this one of the biggest upsets.

Last edited by whitev70r; 01-11-2020 at 09:52 PM.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #2047
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,693 Posts
Dominant 49ers defense overwhelmed the Vikings today. San Fran is looking good.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:51 PM   #2048

Quote:
Tennessee is the new Baltimore with Tannehill stats at - 7 for 14, 88 yds, 2 TD, 0 INT but most importantly, the W.

Pretty impressive game plan. You must say that they are peaking at just the right time.
When peak meets valley is when upsets like this happen. Just too clumsy in the first quarter and half, with drops, strips, bad penalties. Ingram trying to play hurt, then they just abandon the run instead of trying to ride the Gus Bus. Lamar constantly trying to take what's not there, instead of going with the flow like he's done all season.

OHHHHH LAWD HE COMIN!

I'll be cheering for the Tennessee Derrick Henrys if the Seahawks lose tomorrow for sure! Love an underdog story, which is what solidified me as a Ravens fan in the first place.

SF looking good, and I don't see any way the Packers could stop them. Seahawks have done it already, and almost twice, so that would be an amazing game.

Chief should easily take care of business tomorrow. God I wish we'd drawn the Texans instead.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #2049
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,045 Times in 2,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2020, 09:17 PM   #2050

Smart guy, a visiting team fan was stabbed at a 49ers game not long ago

Edit: It was last season