REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #2076
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,262 Times in 1,966 Posts
Andy Reid deserved that win. Looks like a proud grandfather out there.

I thought Mahomes would play sloppy after those 2 INTs but I should know better than to doubt him and the comeback kings.
Advertisement
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #2077
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
What a beauty KC
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:07 PM   #2078
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,902 Posts
Unfortunately, Garrappolo didn't quite study Brady's comeback drives well enough. He could have become a legend in San Fran ... he certainly had enough time to take it into the end zone ... but not this time. I'm happy for Reid.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 08:30 PM   #2079
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,813 Times in 8,188 Posts
So happy for Reid and Chiefs fans who have waited so long. Happy for my friend who is a lifelong Chiefs fan and season ticket holder.

That's it though! No more from now on! Lamar's turn next year

I thought Mahomes would be 'normal' after seeing him look like he was ready to puke when running out before the game. And he did look normal to bad at times, but somehow Mahomes at 60% is still better than 99% of QBs out there. And their D just shut down the 49ers that was crazy to see.

BTW The real champion of Super Bowl LIV was Shakira
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #2080

Oh my ... I remember asking about this.

Romo getting paid $17M/yr as analyst for CBS. No way coaching would make close to that. That's mind boggling!

https://www.si.com/media/2020/02/29/...-breaking-deal
Old 02-29-2020, 12:24 AM   #2081

He's probably the best analyst since Madden, and all the networks wanted him. I can see why he made money. I'm glad he's staying with CBS, they get good games and he has a good thing going with Nantz.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #2082

New CBA is done, and if the season actually starts this year, it'll be 17 games and 1 bye in the playoffs instead of 2.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:22 PM   #2083
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

How much would an average player make in that "extra" game?

I like this format. More games. More teams in playoffs.

Only downside. Injuries. Oh well
DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:25 PM   #2084

It's weird because with only 1 extra game, there will be teams with extra home games.

I think they're doing it to set up for each team having at least one international game
Old 03-17-2020, 02:18 PM   #2085

Tom Brady signing with the Bucs

Best QB in history, to play in a stadium with a pirate ship

I think he should retire but I'll be happy if he surprises me and is actually good again
Old 03-20-2020, 10:13 PM   #2086
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
The Vikings are headed to the bottom of the NFC North like a rocket.....

Gone:
Rhodes CB (he needed to go though)
Waynes CB
Alexander CB
Sandejo Safety
Griffen DE
Joseph T
Diggs WR (He needed to go)

That defense is pretty much devastated, no starting corner left not even sure who's available they've probably all signed.

Wait but they resigned Cousins 2 more years, resigned their FB who is decent, resigned the kicker and the punter....the punter is a good signing because they are going to be punting a lot.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-20-2020, 10:20 PM   #2087

Diggs needed to go for sure, but I don't understand the rest of the moves.

At least you're not the Texans

Falcons looking really good
Old 04-02-2020, 07:34 PM   #2088

Old 04-21-2020, 04:09 PM   #2089
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

The Pats trade Gronk to Tampa Bay. He is out of retirement now!

Brady is reunited with Gronkowski.

Potent offence now with Brady, Gronk, Godwin, and Evans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #2090

Edelman in shambles
Old 05-07-2020, 07:27 AM   #2091

Damm

Earl Thomas getting freaky with his brother and two randos till his wife shows up with a gun.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/06/earl-...g-allegations/

Quote:

NFL star Earl Thomas is lucky to be alive after cops say his wife held a loaded gun less than a foot from his head ... after she allegedly caught him cheating with another woman.

It's all spelled out in court documents obtained by TMZ Sports ... detailing a violent April 13 altercation involving the Baltimore Ravens player, Nina Thomas and several other people.

The Austin Police Dept. responded to a home in the Austin, Texas area at 3:41 AM after getting a call about a disturbance.

When cops arrived, they say "we observed that a black female wearing an orange sweater with a knife in her hand, later identified as Nina Thomas, was chasing a shirtless black male, later identified as Earl Thomas, with a pistol in his hand around a vehicle."

Cops drew their weapons and ordered both Nina and Earl to the ground -- and they complied without incident. That's when the investigation began and things got WILD.

Here's Nina's story, according to court docs ...

Nina claims Earl, 30, left their home earlier in the day after an argument over the NFL player's drinking. She claims Earl's brother, Seth Thomas, picked him up.

But, a short time later, she decided to check on his whereabouts by logging into his Snapchat account -- and that's when she says she found video of Earl with another woman.

Nina says she used Earl's Snapchat account to track his location to a nearby Airbnb rental home ... and says she called up two other women to help her confront Earl at the pad. Nina also claims she grabbed Earl's pistol, a 9mm Berreta, in the process with the intention to "scare him."

When the women arrived at the house, they "discovered Earl and Seth naked in bed with other women."

That's when Nina admits she pulled out the gun and put it to Earl's head -- stating "that she took out the magazine thinking that the gun could not fire." But, cops say Nina was "unaware that the gun had a round in the chamber."

Cops say one of the women in the house shot cell phone video of the incident ... which they say shows Nina pointing the gun at Earl's head "from less than a foot away and it can clearly be seen that Nina's finger was on the trigger and the safety is disengaged."

Fortunately for Earl, cops say the Ravens defensive back was able to wrestle the gun away from her.

Cops say the cell phone video also shows Nina striking Earl in the nose before it ends.

Cops also spoke with Earl, who essentially corroborated the story ... adding that Nina repeatedly hit him while he attempted to take the firearm away.

In an interview with Earl's alleged mistress at the scene, she claimed Nina also threatened her and the other woman in the house -- pointing the gun at them and yelling "I got something for all you hoes!"

The woman claims one of Nina's other friends was carrying a knife and swinging it aggressively during the altercation as well.

After speaking with everyone, cops ultimately arrested Nina and both members of her posse. Nina was booked for burglary of a residence with intent to commit aggravated assault with a deadly weapon -- family violence, and later bonded out.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 05-07-2020, 03:30 PM   #2092

Yeah should post that in the gun ban thread lol
Old 05-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #2093

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yeah should post that in the gun ban thread lol
Could for sure, the best part of the story is where she had the gun aimed as his head with her finger on the trigger and didn't realize the gun could still fire without the cliip "there was one in the chamber".

Old 05-09-2020, 07:25 AM   #2094
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,101 Posts
I guess there's still a few professional athlete wives that expect monogamy from their men lol... (that said there seems to be a number of stand-up guys in pro sports these days... not many but a few)

Gun ban thread! "If she had wanted to kill him she could have gotten a gun illegally anywhere" hahahaha

Also somewhat surprised Earl didn't get shot by the police... not sure what that says about the USA either. Then again it's Austin, the Portland of Texas (I mean that in a good way).
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2020, 08:16 AM   #2095

NBA, NHL, or NFL ... is there one sport that is worst than others when it comes to male behaviour, womanizing, etc.?

Seems like NBA and NHL is equally bad ... hear less of NHL players' bad behaviour.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #2096

Thanked 4,567 Times in 1,715 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
NBA, NHL, or NFL ... is there one sport that is worst than others when it comes to male behaviour, womanizing, etc.?

Seems like NBA and NHL is equally bad ... hear less of NHL players' bad behaviour.
I wonder why...?
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-09-2020, 10:05 AM   #2097
GS8

Thanked 7,262 Times in 1,966 Posts
If I knew my brother was naked in a bed, I wouldn't be in the same city block let alone the same bed as him.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:44 PM   #2098

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
If I knew my brother was naked in a bed, I wouldn't be in the same city block let alone the same bed as him.
They weren't in the same room btw
Old 06-29-2020, 04:30 AM   #2099

Cam Newton signed in New England ... if anyone even cares.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:39 AM   #2100

I wonder why they waited to announce it today...

They got off pretty light considering they have been caught cheating before.

Oh well not like the 2020 season will ever happen