REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-23-2021, 11:57 AM   #2276
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
I really don't know what to say.

These are all civil suits, I think it's really unfair that Watson can be named in these suits, but the plaintiffs are not.

Seems unfair that public opinion can be skewed against one person, but a public moratorium can't be conducted on the plaintiffs.

These civil suits should always be hush hush until they have been settled. There are rumors that two of the accusers are recruiting women who claim they too were assaulted by Watson.

Who knows man, it's an extremely odd case.
Advertisement
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:44 PM   #2277
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
13 civil suits filed so far, 9 more in the pipeline.... that's a total of 22 women coming out against Watson. At this rate he's going to have more women accusing him of sexual assault than Trump (26 women).
He's up to 24 now, and they're finding women outside Houston now

Looks like it could be like the Cosby thing, where once a few women stepped forward, dozens of others finally spoke out.

Once you're into the dozens of accusers... I don't know if you can successfully defend yourself against that.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 03:42 AM   #2278

Chase Claypool brawling outside a bar, soccer kicks a downed guy in the face

Dude should at least wait until he's off his rookie contract
Old 03-24-2021, 06:51 AM   #2279
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
^ Some things are worth getting involved in. From the link that you gave:

Sources tell us there was an issue involving someone throwing dollar bills at a woman inside the bar, which sparked an argument … and eventually, things moved outside.

We’re told Chase was NOT an instigator -- but as you can see in the video, things started to get out of control and Chase jumped into the action to help out one of his buddies.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 04:38 PM   #2280

Yeah he deserves props for standing up for his friend getting harassed

But man... Bad look soccer kicking a dude on the ground.

How about some good news?

Patriots' Justin Herron hailed as a hero after rescuing woman attacked in park
Old 04-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #2281

If anyone is holding onto the theory that the team is behind this... You can forget it because they're going to try going after the team as well
Old 04-30-2021, 12:47 AM   #2282

Patriots drafted a MAGA
Old 04-30-2021, 04:53 PM   #2283
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
The Official *NFL* thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Patriots drafted a MAGA

Mac Jones? He was interviewed during the draft. Mac said that he really wanted to be play for the Pats.

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-bi...ur-quarterback

Talent evaluators say that Jones is ready to play on the NFL even though Belichick said that Newton is the QB.

Mac is gonna be a good QB in the league for many years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2021, 05:33 PM   #2284

Yeah he looks like a good player, suitable for a strong system like Patriots. Every team probably has a couple MAGAs, at least closeted ones. I guess it's just a matter of where they are on the roster and how open they are about it.

Ravens have one of those weirdos who was questioning kneeling for the anthem when it first started, but he's more of a brainwashed hardcore nationalist military guy than a racist Trumpet. He was on the Broncos at the time (and Ravens were one of the few to protest as a whole team) so maybe he's smartened up since then.
Old 04-30-2021, 08:19 PM   #2285

Ravens drafted a MAGA in the 3rd

Hope he can block
Old 06-16-2021, 06:56 AM   #2286
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
If they stay healthy the Vikings are going to have a good defences this year, I would think top 5 which compared to last years injury plagued debacle is a complete 180.

Signed Sheldon Richardson, Patrick Peterson, Danielle Hunter back after missing a year with neck injury, Michael Pierce back after sitting out for covid, signed Dalvin Tomlinson inside, Harrison Smith still one of the best Safeties in the NFL. Anthony Barr is back after going out game 2 last year, Eric Kendricks, Xavier Woods.

The biggest weakness is probably corner, hopefully they'll be a lot of pressure to help those guys out something they never had last year at all.

I know he's way past his best before date but maybe they sign the local to finish his career, Larry Fitzgerald would look great in purple playing the #3 WR behind Thielen and Jefferson, he's still out there and Arizona doesn't need him.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 12:54 PM   #2287

Had this sign made for my office, turned out pretty nice.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2021, 02:48 PM   #2288
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
^that is not pretty nice. That is pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #2289
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
-messed up! Richard Sherman had two bottles of hard liquor and anti depressants. Then he tried to break into his father in law's home in Redmond.

Old 07-18-2021, 11:22 AM   #2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
-messed up! Richard Sherman had two bottles of hard liquor and anti depressants. Then he tried to break into his father in law's home in Redmond.

https://youtu.be/APUinN6bJlI
That should cap the career there, he's past his best before date anyway.

Old 07-25-2021, 07:34 AM   #2291

Two assistant coaches (Pats, Vikes) are out because they refuse to get vaccines. NFL requiring top level coaches get vaccines but players themselves are not required to ... ??!!

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-co...staff-covid-19

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ne-sources-say
Old 07-25-2021, 12:39 PM   #2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
Two assistant coaches (Pats, Vikes) are out because they refuse to get vaccines. NFL requiring top level coaches get vaccines but players themselves are not required to ... ??!!

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-co...staff-covid-19

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ne-sources-say
I think it comes down to players have a union that negotiated the no-vaccine stipulation during covid with more stringent safe guards where the coaches are not part of the union and the teams can mandate whatever they want.

The problem is the NFL isn't adding a week for missed games due to covid and any team that has to reschedule a game due to non-vaccinated personal causing an outbreak and the game can be rescheduled the team with the outbreak is responsible for all costs endured from rescheduling and if the game can't be rescheduled because outbreak happens after the bye week they take the L and they are responsible for not only the players salaries of their own team but that of the other team for that missed week which is probably somewhere around 12 million per team based on around 200 million cap and 17 games.

The penalties are pretty severe, I can see why the teams aren't screwing around. If you're a fringe player and not vaccinated you might as well just retire because no team is going to roster you, not worth the risk for such little upside.

Old 07-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #2293

I'll be happy if Cole Beasley gets shitcanned
Old 07-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #2294

Also what a cocky fuck, I love this guy

This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2021, 09:14 PM   #2295

^ that video was doctored ...fake.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:24 PM   #2296

It definitely looks fake to me but yeah what a cocky fuck
Old 07-28-2021, 02:41 PM   #2297

I hate the Packers but honestly it's hard not to side with Rodgers on this one. Is he egotistical and a bit of a douche? 100% but most good players are.

Old 07-28-2021, 02:46 PM   #2298

Sounds like he wanted more control of the team, like TB in TB, but the team just wanted him to be QB

Considering their success, I'd say the team was doing things right. They were minutes away from playing in the SB last year.

I'm not GB fan but I side with the team on this one. He came across pretty bad to me... Maybe he'll find success elsewhere next season if he works with them to get traded.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:48 PM   #2299

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Sounds like he wanted more control of the team, like TB in TB, but the team just wanted him to be QB

Considering their success, I'd say the team was doing things right. They were minutes away from playing in the SB last year.

I'm not GB fan but I side with the team on this one. He came across pretty bad to me... Maybe he'll find success elsewhere next season if he works with them to get traded.
It's my understanding they redid his deal so next year it's his option, he can hit free agency if he wants. I'd say less then 5% chance he's in Green Bay next year. You probably won't see Devante Adams there either, they'll be rebuilding.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:03 PM   #2300

Lamar might have covid again

Imagine being on the verge of signing a hundreds-of-millions contract, but you won't get vaccinated to make sure you can secure it.