REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #26
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
Not sure why no one talks about the anti-US in the middle east?
Anti japanese is nothing, they are just 2011 Stanley Cup beating their own people, but the thing going on in the middle east is much crazier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmperorIS View Post
Who said no one talks about it ? Its been all over the news for the last year or so.....
I think he is talking about the recent riot caused by some anti Islamic video ridiculing muhammad...
Tons of US embassies were attacked / destroyed in the last few weeks
Advertisement
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #27
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
wow.. then they try to claim insurance.. I can just see what they will say "Too bad, your japanese or the items are japanese.. no money!"
Old 09-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
it doesn't affect our lives in Canada...who cares
easy on the fail trigger gaiz

i was making a reference to my other thread

http://www.revscene.net/forums/67378...ml#post8029883

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBettah View Post
Yes I'm sure when they saw pictures of us rioting over hockey they thought we were geniuses.
Exactly, it reminds me of that meme which compared the vancouver riot over hockey to some middle eastern riot over their state's freedom

Anyways, whoever said this has been ongoing for decades is correct. It may seem totally irrelevant to fight over a piece of rock...but it's a strategic point in SE Pacific and oversees the only route for oil tankers that supplies the two major asian powerhouse..korea and japan.

Also one of the reasons why china wants to claim taiwan...the taiwan strait is a major route for the oil tankers
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
That Audi dealership with that sign... I'm sure the PR peeps at Audi sure have some explaining to do.
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

it's a shame that the chinese people are taking a backlash to japanese people when the chinese were discriminated against back in the 1940's i know it is a catch 22 that japanese army invaded china during ww2 and did horrific things but this is modern days now and we aren't at war no more
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #31

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
here are some points i like to make about 100% chinese people.

- holds grudges. they count every single favor/offense to the heart. it's like they have a calculator implemented in their brain for this.
- they'll bring shit up from years ago if they had to. they'll bring shit up from centuries even.
- 101% pride and dignity. they'll stand up to what they believe no matter if it's right or wrong.
- therefore, they are very ignorant people.
- don't like to mind other's people business until it comes knocking on their door.

honestly, breaking your own car because it's made by japan? the fuck kinda concept is this? the moment you bought it and took it off the lot, it no longer belongs to japan. it's yours. whether you break it or love it, the japanese could care less. they have your money now.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #32
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post

- holds grudges. they count every single favor/offense to the heart. it's like they have a calculator implemented in their brain for this.
- they'll bring shit up from years ago if they had to. they'll bring shit up from centuries even.
- 101% pride and dignity. they'll stand up to what they believe no matter if it's right or wrong.
- don't like to mind other's people business until it comes knocking on their door.

honestly, breaking your own car because it's made by japan? the fuck kinda concept is this? the moment you bought it and took it off the lot, it no longer belongs to japan. it's yours. whether you break it or love it, the japanese could care less. they have your money now.
not to jack but to add to your point, they like to cover embarassing stuff up denying any wrong-doing but end up be in the wrong they issue an apology or flat out saying it never happen they want to save face
hirevtuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #33
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Well at least you have to set Japanese cars on fire, the Chinese ones probably just self combust..
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Typical sad fucks. Yea, I'm sure stealing shit makes a lot of sense.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:30 PM   #35
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevtuner View Post
not to jack but to add to your point, they like to cover embarassing stuff up denying any wrong-doing but end up be in the wrong they issue an apology or flat out saying it never happen they want to save face
That's why it's embarrassing to even be chinese. How can you have any pride in your country when you make counterfeit trash, deadly milk, fake eggs, fake oranges?
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #36

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
u know its even worst as tomorrow is 9-18 which if u know little about chinese/japanese history then u know

my office is right beside the garden hotel in guangzhou which is where the japanese embassy is (i think it is, just know its a 5 star japanese base hotel), there were metal gates & wires but protesters still manage to get in

i heard there blocking the roads today & tomorrow for that street just for safety issues

ps: the island their fighting for has oil around that area under near (as i was told) this is why there fighting extra harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #37

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
if you follow their social development, it's no longer an anti-japanese demonstration, the target has been shifted to attacking the corporation, the rich, and the group with power. It's become a social internal matter.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #38
easy e

teehee.. all those Japanese cars they are destroying, are made in China!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #39
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
if you follow their social development, it's no longer an anti-japanese demonstration, the target has been shifted to attacking the corporation, the rich, and the group with power. It's become a social internal matter.
if that's true than chinas plan has backfired and now they're facing their worse fears and what they've been expecting may happen (another revolution) so they're going to crack down hard, very hard, on these protesters

if the rioters attention has shifted that is
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #40
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
source? I hope this is true
iEatClams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #41
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarobbt View Post
That's why it's embarrassing to even be chinese. How can you have any pride in your country when you make counterfeit trash, deadly milk, fake eggs, fake oranges?
Those scandals are more recent and yes they are bad but you really can't group an entire race together that's been around for centuries based on 4 incidents perpetrated by a bunch of unsavory and unscrupulous individuals in a country of over a billion. Since we are on the topic, Japan raped and killed innocent civilians during WWII and tested chemical agents, which I would suppose is much worse than the manufacture of fake consumer products. By your logic, is it embarrassing to be Japanese then? because I wouldn't necessarily think so. What about any other race that has done worse things?

Cars:
02' Lexus IS300 5spd
07' BMW 323iA
05' BMW Z4 5spd
06' BMW 330i 6spd
10' Audi A4 quattro
08' BMW M3 6spd
15' Kawasaki Ninja300
08' Yamaha R6
10' Honda Ridgeline
17' Audi Q5
16' BMW X5D

bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #42

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Its not what your country can do for you, its what you can do for your country.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndude69 View Post
source? I hope this is true
It is on TV everyday already. The demonstration starters in different cities have stated it's not about Japanese anymore. It is a release of the angry toward unfairness of the government and all kind of social issues joined together. The police was being attacked is already a sign, anyhow it doesn't seem to well organized, it will only end up a localize riot and people beating each other up.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #44
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bing View Post
Those scandals are more recent and yes they are bad but you really can't group an entire race together that's been around for centuries based on 4 incidents perpetrated by a bunch of unsavory and unscrupulous individuals in a country of over a billion. Since we are on the topic, Japan raped and killed innocent civilians during WWII and tested chemical agents, which I would suppose is much worse than the manufacture of fake consumer products. By your logic, is it embarrassing to be Japanese then? because I wouldn't necessarily think so. What about any other race that has done worse things?
Yes what the Japanese did was horrible during WWII, but that was also during a war era under a different mindset and under a different government rule. If I'm not mistaken, the Japanese government has begun to apologize for their actions during WWII.

For me manufacturing fake junk is far worse, but hey you know lifes cheap. Cut some corners to save a buck even if it means dieing when ingesting it.

In the end the government needs to go, plain and simple. They don't give a crap about it's own people.
tarobbt is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #45

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Yes what the Japanese did was horrible during WWII, but that was also during a war era under a different mindset and under a different government rule. If I'm not mistaken, the Japanese government has begun to apologize for their actions during WWII.

For me manufacturing fake junk is far worse, but hey you know lifes cheap. Cut some corners to save a buck even if it means dieing when ingesting it.

In the end the government needs to go, plain and simple. They don't give a crap about it's own people.
ummmm they never apologized for invading china period

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:13 AM   #46
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:

Fake oranges is far worse than rape and murder?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #47
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
china is raping and murdering en masse (hell ever since the nanking incident) they've far out shadowed the nanking massacre of almost 80 years ago

up until today they're still slaughtering their own citizens

even knowingly poisoning their own citizens is far worse, imo since you expect your country to protect and serve you and you kind of expect an invading force to murder/subjugate you
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #48

Quote:

Japan hasn't apologized, instead they just keep denying.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #49

Quote:
? which country doesn't have embarrasing moments? let's see which is worse. Fake buns that will cause cancer or kill shit load of people watching batman or stone your wife to death after she's being raped?

China might be a shitty place to live to most of you on RS, probably not for those who have been living in proverty during the 90s and now be able to afford their own car or buy relatively fancy stuff.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #50
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

To be fair, what the people in China are doing is what any rioters/ violent protesters are doing. For example, look at what the Vancouver Riot was about. Fucking shit up and hating on the Boston team. Hate is inevitable during riots, therefore it is not fair to look at all Chinese people this way. There are also many cities and people who don't think this is right (just like the Vancouver Riot). Another example would be the hate for Arabs in USA ever since 9/11. Not every one in Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan is bad, but look at the damage USA has caused to the middle east because of what Al-Qaeda has done.

I am Chinese myself, but being born in Canada, I see and experience first hand of the cultural differences between the western society and the Chinese society. There are pros and cons for each society and there are so many gray areas that you cannot say this is better than that. You may think that Mainlanders are rude, have no class, and are generally snobs. This may be true because they did not have the upbringing or education that we have in the western society. It is up to them to realize how they act and what actions are generally looked down upon. You throw anyone a bunch of money and they will try to copy those who are rich. For example, you see them buying LVs, nice cars and such because that's what they think that's what rich people do. They do not see the bigger picture nor do they have the time to adjust to it. Some of them become rich in a matter of few years. That time is very short to develop a a proper mindset. This is why i don't blame them if they act snobby and classless. However, most Chinese parents just want to carry a strong and proud family line. This is why they bring their kids to the western world to have a better education.Hopefully the next generation will learn how class is not based on money, but based on how you treat others.

Mr.Chin said that all Chinese people are hateful and hold grudges. This in itself is an ignorant comment. First of all, i don't think the Chinese would be so angry if Japan apologized for what they did to China during WWII. If you take a look at unit 731, you will understand why China doesn't like Japan. Unlike Germany, Japan is being a bitch, so they pretend it didn't happen (some other member pointed this out already), so no shit they are pissed off at Japan. You may say that it was 50-60 years ago, but in my opinion, if there is anyone that witnessed the atrocities, then it is not too long. I do not hate Japan, and in fact, i think Japan is a wonderful country right now. When i visited Tokyo, everyone was nice and respectful. However, i can understand the hate for Japan because not only did the government did not apologize, but they wiped history off the textbook. The western world doesn't really care because Japan is their bitch, and they don't want to get into the mess. If you cannot understand the situation, imagine your neighbor breaking into your house, raped your mom, experimented with your sister, made your dad suicide or else they will kill your whole family. Then say after all that, they get slapped on the wrist for their actions and they did not apologize to you. Many years later, they still haven't apologized and it seems like they even forgot about what they did. Would that piss you off?

What stylinRed said is not far from the truth. Corruption is China is well known, but is becoming more transparent because of various reasons (one would be the internet). However, China did not make corrupt and powerful by itself. Other Countries take advantage of China when it was in Turmoil and made huge profits out of it. Since China is now a economic powerhouse, with a middle class bigger than the population of USA(80-95% sure this is true), things are starting to change. Many people in China are afraid of eating outside or even eating in general because of the pesticides and the level of cleanliness. Sooner or later, business models in China will have to change and eventually they will reach the standard level of morals and ethics. Also, many kids have a chance for proper education so hopefully in the future, they can think for themselves and really transform their country. Remember how backward China was 50 years ago. They caught up to the western world economically but they are still behind in the "class" and moral department. Having a one-party system may not be as bad as everyone thinks. As long as the party has clear and morally ethical goals, they will get shit done faster than any democratic countries. This will give them a edge in the future. The CCP has long abandoned the true communist system, and they are currently in a hybrid form of capitalism and communist idea( Before you say this isn't true, this is my opinion). Hopefully as time passes, China becomes a responsible leading power.

just my 0.02 cents.

edit*
I like to look at corruption and poor government choice from a relative point of view . For example, look at Canada. We have a population of 34 million people. Sure, we look all fine and dandy compared to China, but the population ratio is 47:1. Look at how many homeless people we have in Canada. Look at how we treat/ed aboriginals. Look at how corporations can affect the government. The list goes on and I'm not trying to defend China and say they are doing it right, but if you investigate further, it isn't as bad of a place as you think. Let's face it, every one fucks up, and for the size and population I think they are doing better than expected. You may think that ruling with an iron fist takes away the freedom, but I think that because China can rule with an iron fist, they have made it this far. I think if they followed a democratic approach, there will be so much internal conflict that China would be even shittier than now.

Last edited by sekin67835; 09-17-2012 at 02:27 AM.
sekin67835 is offline   Reply With Quote