REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:04 PM   #126
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
The thing about US and China is that people in US have choices. Whether they are given or self-motivated, there are choices.

In US, any and all event would be questioned. Even when proven to the point that's impossible to say otherwise, people who don't want to believe can come up with some conspiracy theory and believe in that. Nothing wrong with it.

Chinese can only think in ways the CCP allows them to. In theory, Chinese could question anything but the CCP. But realistically, CCP educated the Chinese society to not question. The majority of population takes every "truth" as given.

CCP wanted Chinese to think Japanese are bad people and it allows actions that support such idea. They called it "reasonable."

Traditionally, Chinese are great people: Hard working, smart, and usually have great discipline toward many different aspect in life. Nevertheless, CCP fucked it up by brainwashing them.
I wish the situation is so black and white. In my humble opinion, the reality is that most Americans have no absolutely idea what and how the typical Chinese thinks.

Every story we read on our trusted CNN should be balanced by a different view from Al Jazeera and CCTV. The US opened to honest questioning? Look at Wikileaks.

The most successful form of brainwashing is the model where the brainwashed don't even realize they have been brainwashed.
Advertisement
observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #127
I subscribe to Revscene

I only read a few pages in this thread and will just interject this... I dont think anyone understands that Japan is an occupied country and the US parades its nukes over there on China's door step.
I applaud the Chinese protesters for making international headlines... the hegemonic imperial powers are coming to an end.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #128
Banned (ABWS)

Last edited by guava; 09-22-2012 at 03:22 PM.
guava is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #129
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Could you translate.. for those of us living in Canada?
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #130
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I applaud the Chinese protesters for making international headlines... the hegemonic imperial powers are coming to an end.
China can't bully its own citizens, so its trying to flex it's muscle on us.

China envoy warns Canada against politicizing Nexen deal | Reuters
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #131
My homepage has been set to RS

^ china , high on its economic and military might has been pissing alot of countries lately, specially in its own neighborhood, Vietnam, Philippines , india and now japan.

US has already started courting india to keep china in check and also as this situation develops , it is pushing Japan closer to india, along with rest of south east asian nations.

US think tank recently advised india to start preparing for a war with China. (then again, with economies so inter dependent on one another nations, that seems less likely)

however China needs to come down from its high horse.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2012, 02:02 AM   #132
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Could you translate.. for those of us living in Canada?
its really stupid

hu is saying "hey big bro the japs are buying our contested islands like wtf?! what now boss should we strike back know what am saying!"

maos "like wake me the fuck up biatch and lets get this thing on"

(i made it a lot more interesting)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2012, 05:15 AM   #133
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Soul Searching in China Over Man Beaten Senseless by Anti-Japanese Protestors - China Real Time Report - WSJ

I guess this is when the tangible differences between a first and third world country start to emerge.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #134
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I only read a few pages in this thread and will just interject this... I dont think anyone understands that Japan is an occupied country and the US parades its nukes over there on China's door step.
Google ICBM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #135
I subscribe to Revscene

What if conflict breaks out between the Chinese and Japanese fish and military boats... how do you take down a Japanese allied enemy submarine armed with nukes? blow it up and have radiation taint half of China?
Old 09-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #136

if all hell breaks loose and china does decide to attack japan the usa would just back off

just like in syria; russia sent its navy to protect it and the usa backed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
China can't bully its own citizens, so its trying to flex it's muscle on us.

China envoy warns Canada against politicizing Nexen deal | Reuters
I hate the idea of this deal so much and after these comments i just hate it even more

fuck harper
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #137
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
if all hell breaks loose and china does decide to attack japan the usa would just back off

I hate the idea of this deal so much and after these comments i just hate it even more

fuck harper
And Syria and Japan have the same political standing in the US? Don't think so. If China invaded Japan it would be a huge economical loss for the US and many other countries.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
And Syria and Japan have the same political standing in the US? Don't think so. If China invaded Japan it would be a huge economical loss for the US and many other countries.

and that's why it wouldn't lead to war
Old 09-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #139

Quote:

fuck harper
u know that US-Japan has a treaty that in case of war US will back japan? thus US bases in japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_...ates_and_Japan
Syria is not a comparison

and china will not attack japan. it will be a stupid move on its part>
This post thanked by:
Old 09-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #140

of course but when it comes down to it that doesn't really mean anything that's the world of politics its not like america has shown it cares about international obligations and rules... unless of course it suits them

interestingly enough there's a Forbes article out today considering this topic exactly

Is the U.S. Committed to Defend the Senkakus? Text of Article 5 of the U.S.-Japan Treaty - Forbes

syria is a perfectly good example; anyway this is going a little further than i expected when humouring charlesincharge...
Old 09-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #141
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
China would not fight any war that would lead to embargoes from first world nations.

People inside the country would starve once food is harder to come by. That would lead to civil unrest.

It would be stupid of the Chinese government to start something like invading Japan.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #142

Quote:

Your contributions to this thread have been pretty reasonable up until here.

WTF are you even talking about?? First of all - the whole situations are similar ONLY in the respect that there is some kind of military action involved. I could reference Napoleons first campaign against Italy as some benchmark to how we should expect this situation to unfold, and it would be less stupid than yours.

IF China attacked Japan, China would be attacking America.

There are about 40,000 US Military personnel in Japan (second in the world), bases all over the country, and Japan's Military spending has been strictly limited to less than 1% of GDP by the US, in exchange for a well documented agreement to protect Japan against any foreign adversaries.

Unless you think the 7th fleet (50-60 ships, 350 aircraft, 60,000 people), the Marine Expeditionary Force, and 150-plus USAF fighter jets would all just flee Japan and find a new home elsewhere.

You can bet there have been a lot of closed door discussions about how this situation is unfolding, and the US has been closely involved every step of the way.

Realistically, I think Canada should be more worried about not being defended by the US if someone were to attack. At least they didn't force us to keep our military spending to an absolute minimum.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-24-2012, 01:28 AM   #143
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
How did anti japanese protesters lead to japan vs china war.

There is not going to be a war, period. Not over something like this.

The citizen of china will continue their grudge and hatred against the japanese but it won't stop them from settling into diaoyu island. The vandalism will gradually decrease to minimal amount.

People will move on and continue on with their life. It's going to be like vancouver, where there are still some rebels walking around, but you don't know who.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:55 AM   #144
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
It wouldn't be prudent for either Country to fuck each other up over the islands, despite the supposed resources it surrounds.

The more probable conflict would be Iran/Israel. Personally, I think Iran's going to get a Nuke and no one's going to do shit all about it. Just based on history: NKorea, China (Maoist). But who really knows what's going to happen.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
Your contributions to this thread have been pretty reasonable up until here.

WTF are you even talking about?? First of all - the whole situations are similar ONLY in the respect that there is some kind of military action involved. I could reference Napoleons first campaign against Italy as some benchmark to how we should expect this situation to unfold, and it would be less stupid than yours.

IF China attacked Japan, China would be attacking America.

There are about 40,000 US Military personnel in Japan (second in the world), bases all over the country, and Japan's Military spending has been strictly limited to less than 1% of GDP by the US, in exchange for a well documented agreement to protect Japan against any foreign adversaries.

Unless you think the 7th fleet (50-60 ships, 350 aircraft, 60,000 people), the Marine Expeditionary Force, and 150-plus USAF fighter jets would all just flee Japan and find a new home elsewhere.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Japan.svg.png

You can bet there have been a lot of closed door discussions about how this situation is unfolding, and the US has been closely involved every step of the way.
which is why an attack would likely never happen but again we're humouring charlesincharge here on if China were to attack...; i imagine china would have a long drawn out plan, purely speculative of course but i could see it play out something like so

with china first trying to become the dominant navy presence (as its currently in the process of doing)

and backroom wheeling and dealing with the usa

the US would be left with the options of trying to build up its military presence over there or begin to scale back; after all their economies are headed in opposite directions it'll be seen as being fiscally responsible by non-nutjob americans to scale back

and finally the USA would acquiesce to Japans long drawn out requests for the US military to leave its shores japan wants us military to leave - Google Search

all the while publicly it would seem like relations are good even between china/japan

and then we'll start seeing china apply more pressure for its desires over the islands etc

and then attack if they must

(again purely hypothetical i dont actually believe this will happen but i could see it play out like that if we were to imagine the end game being an attack)

Quote:
Realistically, I think Canada should be more worried about not being defended by the US if someone were to attack. At least they didn't force us to keep our military spending to an absolute minimum.
doubt it the US depends on our resources and $$ too much moreso than it does any other country; hell we should be worried about getting attacked by the US

Last edited by StylinRed; 09-24-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #146
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,751 Times in 1,182 Posts
It's not in the US interest to withdraw or even reduce its presence in Japan and Asia as a whole.

The 7th Fleet (arguably the most badass marine fleet men ever built) is permanently stationed in Pacific region for this very purpose, to maintain a dominant presence in Asia.

You can bet your ass (mine included) that US would respond if China happens to raise a war, even for a such a small territory. The whole idea of maintaining Japan, alone with all the arm trade to Taiwan, is basically the US shield for Pacific Ocean. And they are not willing to lose it no matter how much it costs.

And to be honest, China's marine and airforce is still many many decades behind US.

If the full 7th Fleet goes into action, China would mostly likely retreat as they simply do not have the military power to go up against it. The only remote chance that China can go up against 7th Fleet is if it gains support from Russia and Putin is willing to send out the entire Black Sea fleet.

Also, US has enough resource and money to go to war (without being dependent to anyone else). Not so much for any other countries in the world.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:02 PM   #147
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
If there is a war between Japan and China. US would step in for sure. Is for military statergy. USA needs to have a ground in ASIA and Japan is the key for that. If USA lose Japan they pretty much lost thier influence, military advantages in Asia.

Beside if there is a war it might not be nescssary bad for the USA. Espeically with the election days soon it will be intreseting how things turn out. Also the USA can use this to fix their economy.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:22 AM   #148

Quote:
and finally the USA would acquiesce to Japans long drawn out requests for the US military to leave its shores japan wants us military to leave - Google Search
Japan has never requested the US military leave it's shores.

The usual public opinion polls in Japan, suggest about 70% of the people support the military presence. Some would like it reduced, and even gone (especially in Okinawa where soldiers raping some teens and crashing planes have really soured the public perception naturally).

That said, mainland Japan doesn't really care what Okinawan's think. It's the poorest part of Japan, and they don't exactly do a lot for Tokyo's economy - where the decisions are made.

But overall, and especially with the recent happenings in China, I think most experts will expect the support and cooperation to be even stronger moving forward.

So your theory is out to lunch - and clearly formed by someone who knows nothing about the real nature of the Japan/US relationship.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:01 AM   #149
I subscribe to Revscene

What makes you think the US gave Japan back its sovereignty?
This post thanked by:
Old 09-25-2012, 06:37 AM   #150

^ dude what the heck r u even talking about...
Posted via RS Mobile