REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #4251
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

This link seems relative here

More Metro Vancouver residents turning to vans, trailers, RVs to avoid high housing costs

Spoiler!
Advertisement
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:37 PM   #4252
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,779 Times in 2,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
so CiC was on to something!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2015, 07:40 PM   #4253
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,550 Times in 4,312 Posts
I haven't worked on the North Shore for some time but I remember the same RV's always parked beside the Walmart at Cap Mall.

https://goo.gl/maps/TYQ6X7hqkfz

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 11-15-2015 at 07:58 AM.
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:17 PM   #4254
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Why will prices go down with the way the market is, multiple offers, offers way over asking, hundreds of people showing up to open houses. Interest rates will never go up over 4% and if they do start to go people will lock in for 5 years at a low rate. Does that mean the market will stay hot for 5 years? Or does it mean as interest rates raise alittle sales will flatline but prices won't drop from these extravagant prices? Just curious to what peoples thoughts are.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:01 PM   #4255
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,881 Times in 744 Posts
Quote:
Toyota LE van motorhome
Old 11-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #4256
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Good luck trying to get a gf or even get laid.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #4257
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,727 Times in 1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
Why will prices go down with the way the market is, multiple offers, offers way over asking, hundreds of people showing up to open houses. Interest rates will never go up over 4% and if they do start to go people will lock in for 5 years at a low rate. Does that mean the market will stay hot for 5 years? Or does it mean as interest rates raise alittle sales will flatline but prices won't drop from these extravagant prices? Just curious to what peoples thoughts are.
The problem is not when it's doing that. It's when it stops.

What happens when there's no more multi-offers on your place, offer over asking and not a single fly showing up to open houses when one bought a place less than a year earlier at record high?

Sure you can lock in low rates. But that only lasts 5 years. And assuming one continues to hold because he/she believes she could ride out the wave, then the market suffers a relatively soft 20% cut on prices, wiping out any equity the owner has.

At the end of 5yr, when the mortgage is up for renewal, what do you do? put up another 20% of the original price (minus whatever amount it had paid off), which is no longer worth as much and payment is higher because interest rate is not at record low anymore?

Can we assume that the frenzy would continue forever? Sure! But we can also assume that it would stop the very next day, because it's still back to fundamentals. We can have all the foreign investor we want. But when locals have forever been priced out (income can't support the price), you'd either have massive wave of people moving out, and/or the market would collapse
Old 11-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #4258
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
i think at that point they are more worried about food on the table?
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:46 AM   #4259
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
If you resort to living in a vehicle because of high living costs in Vancouver, getting laid / gf is probably the least of your problems.

I knew a guy who tried to do this, claiming that it was more 'convenient' and that he was making better use of his time than sitting in traffic than others.

What bullshit.

Move to the city that you work in if you want to decrease your commute. I'd rather sit in traffic for 45 min and take a shit in my own bathroom then sit in a walmart parking lot and use the public toilet that probably has feces all over it.
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-15-2015, 08:07 AM   #4260
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,195 Times in 5,577 Posts
lol!

yea, like i prefer to live in a "structure" that actually feels like you're you know.. "inside" ? lol
Old 11-15-2015, 09:37 PM   #4261
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,092 Times in 978 Posts
What DOES happen when say, you are upside down and you are up for renewal?

I know that to get a mortgage without paying the CMHC insurance, I have to have 20% down. But what if when at renewal it's worth is less than the mortgage + 20%? Would I have to renew and pay the insurance, or any other difficulties? Obviously I have never bought a property before so I would have no idea, but even if it's useless to me now, it's not a useless piece of information.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:33 PM   #4262

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
What DOES happen when say, you are upside down and you are up for renewal?

I know that to get a mortgage without paying the CMHC insurance, I have to have 20% down. But what if when at renewal it's worth is less than the mortgage + 20%? Would I have to renew and pay the insurance, or any other difficulties? Obviously I have never bought a property before so I would have no idea, but even if it's useless to me now, it's not a useless piece of information.
It's based on bank's calculation when processing your mortgage application. They factor the CMHC (or actually apply for such insurance) in if needed.

Say your home is 1M (in both price and how bank values it), you put 200k down and carries an 800k mortgage, no CMHC needed from bank viewpoint.

You are up for renewal, your home is now worth 800k (again, both price and how bank values it), and you have paid down say 50k over the course of 5yrs, so you still need to borrow 750k on mortgage, with 800k in equity. From bank's perspective, it means that now you only have 6.25% of assets/down payment/equity in this mortgage (50/800). So, they could potentially qualify you for a renewal, assuming you still pass their test, but they would apply CMHC as your equity no longer satisfy the condition to go without CMHC.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:07 AM   #4263

all this chatter about wood frame vs concrete anyone have any info on new duplex construction?
Old 11-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #4264

For the most part you can take what soundy and I said on the last page and apply it to a wood frame duplex.

The upside is that you only have one neighbor to consider.

Honestly, if you're moving into an older duplex, or even a townhouse with someone already living beside you, I'd just go knock on the door and either make up some BS to get a look at who knocks, or legitamitely ask them about the sound transfer and other neighbors before you buy lol
Old 11-16-2015, 08:33 AM   #4265
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,092 Times in 978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
It's based on bank's calculation when processing your mortgage application. They factor the CMHC (or actually apply for such insurance) in if needed.

Say your home is 1M (in both price and how bank values it), you put 200k down and carries an 800k mortgage, no CMHC needed from bank viewpoint.

You are up for renewal, your home is now worth 800k (again, both price and how bank values it), and you have paid down say 50k over the course of 5yrs, so you still need to borrow 750k on mortgage, with 800k in equity. From bank's perspective, it means that now you only have 6.25% of assets/down payment/equity in this mortgage (50/800). So, they could potentially qualify you for a renewal, assuming you still pass their test, but they would apply CMHC as your equity no longer satisfy the condition to go without CMHC.

Thanks for the reply, so going by that, if the mortgage is higher than what the value of the property is (value @ 700k, mortgage @750k) you'll have to cough up the extra to make it?

I know it's pretty unlikely to lose 25%+, but you never know.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:06 AM   #4266

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
Thanks for the reply, so going by that, if the mortgage is higher than what the value of the property is (value @ 700k, mortgage @750k) you'll have to cough up the extra to make it?

I know it's pretty unlikely to lose 25%+, but you never know.
You still need to be able to pass the mortgage requirement. So if you are now underwater (owing more than its worth), and you still want to meet the requirement, you'd have to put up whatever it's required to meet the criteria.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:17 AM   #4267
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post

Depends on who you get your mortgage from, but this is what RBC and TD say.
As long as you stick with the same lender as your first mortgage.
If you try to shop around, then you will need to re-qualify.

Mortgage Renewal Options - RBC Royal Bank

Quote:
No re-qualification required : If you're renewing an RBC Royal Bank mortgage, you don't have to re-qualify at renewal time.
http://www.td.com/to-our-customers/t...Cvid=b0f2ff01d

Quote:
Each lender will have their own policies regarding mortgage renewals. But, at TD, if a mortgage borrower has maintained their household payments, i.e. mortgage, property taxes, utilities, home insurance, in good standing throughout their current term, then most often at renewal, we will offer renewal options without needing for the borrower to re-qualify for the mortgage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #4268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
For the most part you can take what soundy and I said on the last page and apply it to a wood frame duplex.

The upside is that you only have one neighbor to consider.

Honestly, if you're moving into an older duplex, or even a townhouse with someone already living beside you, I'd just go knock on the door and either make up some BS to get a look at who knocks, or legitamitely ask them about the sound transfer and other neighbors before you buy lol
Hmmm good to know
Its a bran new duplex the framing hasn't been started yet. So its a gamble to see who your neighbor is.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #4269

If you're interested in buying, go have a look while they are framing
Old 11-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #4270
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If you're interested in buying, go have a look while they are framing
Out of curiosity, why is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #4271
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,044 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Out of curiosity, why is that?
Huh? That way you'll get an idea of what materials and construction practices are being used? As opposed to buying when the house is fully completed?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #4272
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
Hmmm good to know
Its a bran new duplex the framing hasn't been started yet. So its a gamble to see who your neighbor is.
since it hasn't been built yet, can't you add into the purchase agreement that you'd like sound deadening, resilient channel etc. added in at your cost for the materials?

i think this is something you should inquire about if this is a property that may work well for you.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:09 PM   #4273

Depending on the developer that's totally acceptable in most cases. The problem is ensuring that it actually happens.

With the proper documentation I guarantee you'd get that initial investment back upon seeing as opposed to a unit without.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #4274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
since it hasn't been built yet, can't you add into the purchase agreement that you'd like sound deadening, resilient channel etc. added in at your cost for the materials?

i think this is something you should inquire about if this is a property that may work well for you.
When i purchased from this developer last time they were open to custom features.
Now it seems like they have a list of custom options but I'm gonna go back this sunday and inquire about extra soundproofing and some other custom options.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #4275
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

how many large scale residential towers have you done Hondaracer? I'm not talking about renos etc.

NEVER have i see a potential home owner or prospective buyer be allowed to tour an active site (while in early construction) just to "check it out"

now if you're talking suites worth $2M+ that's a different story but not the cookie cutter basic units that this town is so good a pumping out
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: