REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-16-2020, 04:11 PM   #16751
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Don’t wanna pay, don’t flood your unit?
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but what if a pipe bursted while I am not at home? Shxt happens, and it'd absolutely suck if something as simple as a pipe bursting turns into you being in the hole for $1M.

If I were in the hole for $1M like that, I'm just gonna declare bankruptcy LOL~
Advertisement
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:39 PM   #16752
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but what if a pipe bursted while I am not at home? Shxt happens, and it'd absolutely suck if something as simple as a pipe bursting turns into you being in the hole for $1M.

If I were in the hole for $1M like that, I'm just gonna declare bankruptcy LOL~
I hope you are trolling and not serious.

Basically you need to be at fault for the strata to go after you for the $1M deductible.

That also means the claim has to be way over $1M as it isn't worth it to go through insurance and have the deductible go up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #16753
private modder

Thanked 2,652 Times in 741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I am surprised something like this actually got passed at the AGM. If I were a resident at that building, I know damn well that I'm going to move dafuq out and sell as soon as it becomes feasible because a clause like that effectively defeats the purpose of purchasing insurance in the first place.
I don't believe the strata policy needs to be voted on at the AGM. The council will seek a policy and choose which one to sign off on. AGM not required.

My suspicion here is the Council either had no option but to go with this policy, or perhaps they had an option with a lower deductible but significantly higher premium.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:29 PM   #16754
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Dont worry guys, if you flood your unit like the crackheads above me: dont let anyone in, fix the problem, and noone can prove anything, so your off the hook for neglegence!

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #16755
private modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I hope you are trolling and not serious.

Basically you need to be at fault for the strata to go after you for the $1M deductible.
No you don't have to be at fault or negligent. It depends on which bylaws are in place. The standard bylaws simply say the owner has to be responsible (not negligent) for the strata corp to sue back for the deductible.

Many stratas put their own bylaw in place allowing them to charge the deductible without having to sue. In that case, it comes down to the wording of the bylaw. Some specifically say negligence, some don't.
Old 11-16-2020, 05:40 PM   #16756
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
you could not touch the pipe but if it burst within your unit, its your fault eg. toilet supply

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:43 PM   #16757
private modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
you could not touch the pipe but if it burst within your unit, its your fault eg. toilet supply
yes that's what I mean. if it comes from your unit, you're responsible. don't have to be negligent to be liable.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:01 PM   #16758
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,364 Times in 5,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
Well what part is gonna burst? Just the middle of the untouched feed line? Not likely.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:20 PM   #16759
in the butt

Thanked 3,223 Times in 1,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Well what part is gonna burst? Just the middle of the untouched feed line? Not likely.
Are you a plumber?

Unfortunately, jokes on you
I work for a mechanical contractor as HVAC, and have probably dealt with over 100 leaks over the last 7 years

Both of these scenarios were in "unit" walls, what happened of insurance, i dont know

1 of those had a crack in a 1/2" line, (literally in a straight riser) that blew open and flooded 3 floors

1 of those had a 1" riser, that looks was field bent xx years ago, and managed to only flood 2 floors by the time water was shut off

Not including everything else ive seen

Anything is possible in mechanical failures, odds of it happening in a unit, slim

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2020, 09:27 PM   #16760
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
Hondaracer is everything and then some.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2020, 06:56 AM   #16761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
No you don't have to be at fault or negligent. It depends on which bylaws are in place. The standard bylaws simply say the owner has to be responsible (not negligent) for the strata corp to sue back for the deductible.

Many stratas put their own bylaw in place allowing them to charge the deductible without having to sue. In that case, it comes down to the wording of the bylaw. Some specifically say negligence, some don't.
Just a play on words, but basically we are saying the same thing. If it was somehow caused by you, directly or indirectly, then you pay the deductible. The strata will not pull from the CRF to cover the deductible.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2020, 07:58 AM   #16762
Need my Daily Fix of RS

any of you having issue collecting rent? my tenant did not pay rent this month. my rental management agent told me not to worry.

i am concerned the tenant will abandon the place without paying the rent arrears.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:45 AM   #16763
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,459 Times in 5,117 Posts
If you’re just missing 1 month so far, I think there’s a LOT of landlords in way worse situations than you...

I know people getting like 50% on entire houses since May and there isn’t shit all they can do about it, government made it impossible to get rid of anyone and you can only apply for relief working together with the tenant.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2020, 09:35 AM   #16764
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur View Post
any of you having issue collecting rent? my tenant did not pay rent this month. my rental management agent told me not to worry.

i am concerned the tenant will abandon the place without paying the rent arrears.
The ban on evictions for non payment of rent ended on Aug 17, so if he didn't pay this month you are within your rights to issue 10 day notice for non payment.

The relief/repayment plan thing is only for rent missed during the eviction ban period between March 18 and Aug 17.

If the tenant abandons the place, you're still within your rights to pursue for payment in civil court (Whether it's worth that fight, it's up to you)
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2020, 11:06 AM   #16765
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murmur View Post

I have a friend that's 8-month in arrears and disputing the eviction notice. He's also sending him random death threats lol.

I had to reduce rents by 30% and am having a hard time re-renting the unit out atm.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #16766
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,514 Times in 4,312 Posts
Sending random death threats? I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:04 PM   #16767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
I have a friend that's 8-month in arrears and disputing the eviction notice. He's also sending him random death threats lol.

I had to reduce rents by 30% and am having a hard time re-renting the unit out atm.
Wait, so your friend is the one that owes 8 months worth or rent and is disputing the eviction notice?

Is he the one sending death threats or the LL?
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-17-2020, 12:09 PM   #16768
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I feel bad for you landlords also feel bad for people who legit lost their job to covid.

That said if that was me that wasn't able to pay rent I'd go stay with family or friends until I could turn things around I sure as shit wouldn't screw over my landlord.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:14 PM   #16769
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,364 Times in 5,658 Posts
If my tenants tried to pull some shit like that you better believe any future landlords will be finding a website with a full description of the scenario and warnings regarding them.

Idiots shoot them selves in the foot
Old 11-17-2020, 01:29 PM   #16770
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
I am so glad I got out of doing the landlord gig...
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2020, 02:03 PM   #16771
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
The only benefit I see to being a landlord is if you have a mortgage helper suite. Otherwise, everything is stacked so heavily in the renter's favour and you open yourself up to so many issues if you get a shitty tenant.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #16772
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Sending random death threats? I'm not sure that's a good idea.
The friend is the landlord and his Tenant who hasn't paid 8 months is sending him, the landlord death threats through a web/VPN number

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2020, 03:48 PM   #16773

Quote:
The friend is the landlord and his Tenant who hasn't paid 8 months is sending him, the landlord death threats through a web/VPN number
Oh crap. sorry to hear that about your friend.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 11-18-2020, 01:28 AM   #16774
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

Wow 8 month rent behind ! how can he survive this BS?
why didn't your friend start the eviction process as soon as the tenant has not paid 2 months?

BTW, which area was your rental property that had reduce 30%? that's quite alot of reduction there

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #16775
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
^As renter is 8 months behind, there's really no way they will be able to pay or even pay when things get better. Makes no sense landlord to provide free rent as landlord has their own overhead costs to cover themselves.

Say the rent is $1500 and the renter makes $3000 and they start back work again today. They owe $1500 x 8 months = $12,000. It'll take the renter 8 months to save to pay off, assuming he puts away the $1,500 between ($3000 - $1500). The more they earn they faster they can pay the arrears; however, it doesn't look likely they make that much otherwise they would have paid the rent.

At what point do we even cut losses?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: