REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #11326
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,060 Times in 1,248 Posts
It's not china, its the world too...

I've literally heard a couple from hollywood checking out condos in coal harbor. the wife told the husband, who cares, this will be your one month home, better to live here for a month than spend a bunch of money on hotels. Husband was bitching about 1mil for a 2bedroom condo

Latin americans, middle eastern, and all sorts of other people willing to throw money here.
Advertisement

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #11327
I subscribe to Revscene

Places to sleep in a van in Vancouver.

plus inspirational words from a wise man.
Living in your van sucks
youtube.com/watch?v=ki_T3IbMtEw

1 Hour long.
youtube.com/watch?v=pjzOkfFZx6o
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 01-12-2018 at 01:01 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #11328
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
CIC is back!
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #11329
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Loc View Post
So much wishful thinking in this thread.

Canadian politicians are so trapped in their political correctness that it would be career suicide for any politician to address the "problem" of foreign investment, so much so that nobody calls it a problem even though an entire generation of skilled professionals have been completely priced out of the housing market. Not to mention that the developers in Vancouver have had their hands in City Hall for years now.... good riddance that Moonbeam is finally leaving but at the same time, I don't think the next guy/girl in power is going to change the status quo.

This weakness (at least I believe it is a weakness) is one that many foreign investors of Asian descent are too eager to exploit. The fact that nobody in power is doing anything about the problem of foreign investment is most definitely seen as a weakness by those people; to see it as not so is due to our misplaced understanding that Asian values are similar to Western values, as Traum already pointed to above. I am Asian and I grew up around lots of other Asian people, and unfortunately the mentality is that of "climb over others to get to the top" is very much alive and well.
Firstly, there is no problem.
Secondly, if you think there is, then you must be racist.
Political correctness has always been just a tool to shut people up.

It's about the same thing it's always about; money. It's just cloaked in virtue now.

And no, Canada will not be seeing a Trump movement. Our knees haven't been rubbed raw enough just yet.
Give it time though. There's great potential
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #11330
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

seems like the condo market is still strong and new listings keep getting bought quite quickly.
yameen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:00 PM   #11331
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

i watched a video (think it was vice) about homeless RV living people that just sleep in walmart parking lots because they have a country wide policy about letting (actual) RV travelers sleep there for free
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #11332
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
And no, Canada will not be seeing a Trump movement. Our knees haven't been rubbed raw enough just yet.
Give it time though. There's great potential
I'm almost ready for a Canadian Trump, especially now with the boy wonder Trudeau in power. Our Canadian identity is under attack, and it's become obvious that our only export as a nation, is our nation.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-25-2018, 05:43 PM   #11333
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
i watched a video (think it was vice) about homeless RV living people that just sleep in walmart parking lots because they have a country wide policy about letting (actual) RV travelers sleep there for free
I was wondering why there were so many RV's camped out near the Grandview Hwy Walmart. If you drive down East 11th, 50% of the vehicles are RV's now.

There's a ton of RV's that move around the commercial drive residential areas as well.
Kamui712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:36 PM   #11334
in the butt

Thanked 3,151 Times in 1,167 Posts
Only 10,000$ allowed to be brought on the airplane, oooo nooooooooo

bitcoin what?
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:09 AM   #11335

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I'm almost ready for a Canadian Trump, especially now with the boy wonder Trudeau in power. Our Canadian identity is under attack, and it's become obvious that our only export as a nation, is our nation.
I would pay, quite handsomely, to see those debates.

Curious how TPP will pan out for Canadians. Seeing as how the biggest trade deal in history was just signed, with little to no details released to the public.
-Norm Franz
Old 01-26-2018, 06:13 AM   #11336
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:

Curious how TPP will pan out for Canadians. Seeing as how the biggest trade deal in history was just signed, with little to no details released to the public.
I could see it being almost the same as it is now or we get crappy deals on our side coz Justin Trudeau doesn't know how to negotiate (and his cabinet). Just look at that fail attempt he had with China just before Xmas......
Old 01-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #11337
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
As would I.
Unfortunately, people like ludepower choose to disagree with the use of a fail, as opposed to posting his thoughts.

That said, it is pretty hard to post a counter argument, on weed...

*Won't somebody think about the children
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #11338
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Bruh...not gonna argue with a trump supporter in a Vancouver real estate thread.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #11339

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
As would I.
Unfortunately, people like ludepower choose to disagree with the use of a fail, as opposed to posting his thoughts.
Eh. What can ya do. Chalk it up to instant gratification, I suppose. Personally, I think the fail button is redundant, and to a greater extent, weak.
Just my humble opinion though.

Might I say, I am diggin that new avatar
-Norm Franz
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2018, 09:54 PM   #11340
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,208 Times in 1,958 Posts
If parking foreign money in other cities was a video game, Vancouver would be the tutorial level.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2018, 09:34 AM   #11341
I STILL don't get it

Would like some advice from fellow RSers. I’m looking to put in an offer for the purchase of my first home in which I will be living in. It’s a 42 year old unit that’s well maintained in a desirable neighbourhood. It’s currently tenanted paying below market rent of $1400. My mortgage will likely be $2000. I don’t want to take possession with a tenant nor do I plan on becoming a landlord. What are some things I should consider for my offer? Thanks
1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #11342
RS controls my life!

PRESALES-VIP.com update for January
Month is blowing by and been a blur for the team. Presales and condos are flying off the shelves.

Brentwood
Concord Brentwood
Ah...the craziness that is Concord Pacific and marketing in SGP/HK same time as Canada. Rumor has it friends/family took 40% of building if not more.
Rest sold out Thurs/Fri (1/2BR) at $1200/ft.

In. AN. Hour.
Brentwood.

Insanity. Tower 3 is mostly spoken for, Tower 4 coming. Out of total of 11 in the master plan.

Lumina Tower 3 - Alpha launching soon
$1K/Ft.
Not bad considering Concord Brentwood $1200/ft.

Metrotown
Polaris - selling fast. Rennie marketing it.
$1000/ft - Imperial & Marborough corner. Bonsor park area, not bad.
Small builder , same guys that sold Primrose on Cambie corridor.

Coquitlam
Wnywood Green
Personal favorite - 2 highrises right besides Vancouver Golf Club on Austin. Near Lougheed skytrain.
thing is..priced at $900/ft and 18000 registrants for 387 units (198 + 200).
$670k 2 beds 760sq ft. Damn. Will still be nice for our clients.
Contract this week.

Hensley
Cressey's deal. VIP round done, maybe 20% left.

SIMON
Behind Uptown and Safeway on Clarke. Under the radar.
Clients in Dec that got $430K 1BR + den units made $50K minimum. Prices are up.

City of Lougheed
Disclosure issues, but I'd still like an unit here to invest.
1 out of 23 sold so far. FUBAR situation but SHAPE will clean it up somehow.

Vancouver
Marquis
Cambie corridor 5 story concrete + AC.
Small builder but sold fast. Still some remaining. $900K 1BR.

Norquay 9
Nice 4 bedroom townhomes with rentable basements. Personally I like these.
$1.2M starting.
Better than 2BR condo and more % land ownership.

Earl
Same as above 4 unit TH from 2 detached.
4-5 bedroom townhomes with rentable basements.

Windsor
A steal here at $1000/ft.
Kingsway & Nanaimo corridor, concrete 12 story highrise.
80% before public round.

----

Gotta run - PM for inquiries.

For those new to Presales this is a common question others have PM us about - free to work with or without realtors but
1) likely won't get early access
2) no rebates
3) same prices from developers
4) more room to negotiate esp if realtors have been working with presales/developers before ie. pricing, structure, assignment fees.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2018, 11:51 AM   #11343
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,466 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
Would like some advice from fellow RSers. I’m looking to put in an offer for the purchase of my first home in which I will be living in. It’s a 42 year old unit that’s well maintained in a desirable neighbourhood. It’s currently tenanted paying below market rent of $1400. My mortgage will likely be $2000. I don’t want to take possession with a tenant nor do I plan on becoming a landlord. What are some things I should consider for my offer? Thanks
First and most important of all -- don't get ahead of yourself. Just because you are putting an offer in doesn't mean you'll necessarily get the unit.

Assuming that you do get the unit at whatever price it is you ended up paying, you just have to go through the motions of evicting the tenant. That means serving him a notice of eviction, indicating the reason to do so is because you'll be moving in yourself. Give him a specified date, and plan on negotiating a bit. If the tenant knows what he is doing, you'll likely end up losing a month to him (staying there) while not collecting an rent. Think of that as the cost of doing business. This is how the ridiculous RTA is.

The eviction process can be (slightly) better, or (significantly) worse. Just roll with it and and deal with the issues as it comes. Just don't get ahead of yourself.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #11344
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
You want "vacant possession". Needs to be inserted on pg.4 of purchase contract plus tenancy termination clause added in the addendum. As buyer, you'll need to formally supply written request to seller to terminate tenancy when subjects are removed. It is the seller (landlord's) responsibility to serve notice. Get all signed copies of this.

Another option would be for the seller and tenant to mutually terminate agreement but generally tenants will want to stay and landlords don't want to serve until firm deal.

Follow up 1-2 weeks before possession to make sure tenant left without incident.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #11345
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,187 Times in 2,466 Posts
^^ If it isn't obvious, Bonka's recommendation is far superior to mine. You'd want to let the seller deal with the eviction stuff since they can get messy and $$$.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:05 AM   #11346

This downtown Vancouver 'micro unit' could be yours for just $1,150 (PHOTOS) | Daily Hive Vancouver

LOL!
This downtown Vancouver 'micro unit' could be yours for just $1,150
Here’s your chance to live that downtown Vancouver dream.

Imagine: heritage building, convenient location, and even “courtesy WiFi.”
Now picture all of that for just $1,150.

Sounds too good to be true? Well, it’s not. That is, if you want to live in a “micro unit.”

Listed on Craigslist as an “affordable” way to live downtown, the micro unit is described as a 100 sq ft room with a vanity, sink, and bar fridge.

“Tenants provide their own cooking appliances such as hot plates, microwaves, or rice cookers. Many units are interior units and offer natural light through an interior facing window. Street or alley facing units have bay windows. Each floor has 4 private washrooms that are cleaned daily,” reads the ad.

BUT wait, there’s more:

“THIS SPECIAL CORNER UNIT COMES WITH A PRIVATE BATHROOM, CABINETS, COUNTER TOP, SINK, MIRROR AND AN ATTACHED LOFT BED.”

WOW. $1,150 and this “special” unit comes with a bathroom. Now that’s luxury.

Keep in mind, “this kind of living is intended for one person per room, not couples.” So just in case you really wanted to share the 100 sq ft of space, know that you can’t.

Interestingly, the ad lists a website to see more information. The site, which hasn’t been updated since 2015, shows listings for $600 per these micro units.

Hey, at least these units aren’t closets…?

Vancouver’s rental market everyone ����

That's like HK style!
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-30-2018, 05:49 PM   #11347
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
Offer just accepted. Can't gloat to me real friends as they are all sad to see me leave kits. Just have to gloat to my internet friends

PoCo Double Garage here I come!

Anyone have any contractor contacts that work in the tricities? Deciding whether we should move in right away (2 weeks), or hold out for a end of March move in, and reno the kitchen, and maybe bathroom.

Last edited by hud 91gt; 01-30-2018 at 06:00 PM.
hud 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:06 PM   #11348
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,194 Times in 5,577 Posts
Reno’s are 10 times more painful when living through them
Old 01-30-2018, 08:09 PM   #11349
Old School RS

Thanked 3,926 Times in 1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post
Offer just accepted. Can't gloat to me real friends as they are all sad to see me leave kits. Just have to gloat to my internet friends

Anyone have any contractor contacts that work in the tricities? Deciding whether we should move in right away (2 weeks), or hold out for a end of March move in, and reno the kitchen, and maybe bathroom.
Where did you buy? We are looking at townhouses in Coquitlam with garages.

-Mark
Old 01-30-2018, 11:29 PM   #11350

Quote:
Originally Posted by hud 91gt View Post

When doing reno make sure to go and check things out everyday. If something doesn't go the way you like or wanted speak right away. My sister had her whole house reno and the basement is just crap. There are high gaps between the hardwood floor, you can tell the floors aren't even even though she paid for contractors to have it level. They just keep giving her BS. When is time for the upstairs her husband and my dad was there at least twice a day and if anything is wrong we pointed it out right away to have to it fix or corrected. Luckily for us the contractor redid the work for the basement because it was so bad and he was a friend too. Goes to show how some contractor will try screw you over just to save a few bucks here and there.
This post thanked by: