REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:58 PM   #12501
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,171 Posts
I face NW but have an overhang shading my unit. Heat isn't too bad.

Amenity is $290/month for a 720(indoor)/125(outdoor) sqft unit, with an amenity room, concierge, gym, and lounge area. Central AC/in unit heat pump.
Advertisement
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #12502
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Mine are only $240. Small place though @640(?) square feet.
Place has a really nice gym, yoga room, stupid fucking party room and a bunch of fountains. Its really nicely landscaped.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 05:40 PM   #12503
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
We pay ~290 for our townhouse. We have no amenities, but we have backyards. Our contingency fund is over a half million and our strata fees will cover planned maintenance over the coming years such as new roofs and windows.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2018, 06:14 PM   #12504
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,292 Times in 2,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
We pay ~290 for our townhouse. We have no amenities, but we have backyards. Our contingency fund is over a half million and our strata fees will cover planned maintenance over the coming years such as new roofs and windows.
Damn... that sounds like a nicely managed strata! (unlike the one at my rental property... )
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #12505

Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Damn... that sounds like a nicely managed strata! (unlike the one at my rental property... )
Well, when you live in a neighbourhood that has a high average household income (160K+ per year), you tend to have people who are invested in the long-term health of their properties. It also helps that our complex has a grandfathered rental restriction which limits the number of units rented to 10%.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:03 AM   #12506
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Had my Demoviction tenant's meeting today. Never had one before. We basically went to a hotel presentation room and listened to a panel of reps from the new developer as well as their third party tenant relocation company.

Needless to say it was a bit of a clusterfuck. There were 3 groups of people.

The young people: Stayed dead quiet throughout. Probably because none of them are worried about finding a new place even if it means higher rent.

The middle aged people: These people were worried at first and were asking questions before they were supposed to but felt relieved after having their questions answered. I guess they went in as cynics and came out semi-hopeful given the circumstances.

The seniors: There's quite of a few of them in my building. Naturally they are the most worried since they're on fixed income and are too old to transplant their existence. Lots of back and forth between them and the speakers. Some just wanted questions answered and others were making proposals out of thin air. I do feel bad for them though as they're living longer than any geriatric generation before them but their existence is also becoming compressed due to cost of living.

Bonus: There's always that passive-aggressive commie Bolshevik retard in the crowd. Apparently my building has one of those.

'I WON'T USE YOUR SERVICE!' *yelling at tenant relocation representative*
*Proceeds to go on tirade over how it's all a bullshit mafia scam*
'PLEASE GO ON!' the loon pleads with the rep.
'I HAVE CONNECTIONS IN RUSSIA! THEY KNOW ALL ABOUT YOUR FAMILY!'

I wish I was writing a comedic sketch but sadly this all happened. Other weird things as well like people making proposals that would actually require years of legal framework to go through. Most people getting mad at the tenant relocation reps rather than the developer reps. I understand people are angry but this was just stupid. I felt like I was in a real life cringe compilation video.

I also learned the future development of this land (there will be affordable social housing as part of it) as well as what sort of financial assistance will be given by the company.

For someone in my shoes, I'm okay. It is what it is. Feel bad for those seniors who are already stretched in their budgets I imagine.

The whole street I'm on will be levelled (well wherever there are old buildings). They've all been bought up and will be destroyed. Some of the buildings are gross and the people, nasty according to the mailmen I've talked to. But not my building.

They were supposed to give us 12 months but extended it to 18 months to evac the building. However, if say, I found a place next week, all the financial assistance promised by the developer will be paid out then.

Anyway, just posting this at 2am for no reason other than to share my story. If anyone had any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by GS8; 07-26-2018 at 01:09 AM.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 05:32 AM   #12507

Thanked 2,421 Times in 918 Posts
What's the compensation for the eviction?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2018, 08:07 AM   #12508
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
what's the area in question if you don't mind me asking...

and bolshevik

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:23 AM   #12509
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
should've done a youtube live

make some cash

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #12510
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
Year 1 in new Townhome, $330/month strata with a super shitty Amenity Room located in Vancouver approx 1400 sq.

Shitty developer with a shit ton of problems to deal with and we're about 3 months into possession. Fun times!

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #12511
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
and bolshevik

That was the part that got me.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:03 AM   #12512
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Lucky with my developer...their previous builds had good reputation.
FOMO from buyers, agents making a quick buck and developers rushing theses builds. Thats the gamble you chose.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:05 AM   #12513
My homepage has been set to RS

^fuck eh that's shitty! sell it? lol
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #12514

How's the market now, in terms of buyers and sellers? Is bidding wars for condos still the norm?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 07-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #12515
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
There's been a noticeable slowdown in terms of the volume of residential real estate deals coming through my office compared to last year or even early this year.

This is in line with the news and is a sign that the market is cooling down.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #12516
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
What's the compensation for the eviction?
  • Moving expenses will be covered
  • An additional $500 bonus grant will be given for moving expenses as well
  • First month's rent at the new home will be covered
  • There will be some additional rent compensation on a % level. Because the rent of my building was below market value (some tenants paying only $800 a month), the assumption is no matter where they move, the rent will be much higher. The company will compensate us on a % level of our rent to help 'cushion the blow' we will financially face when moving in to our new home. I'm not sure at this time how long we will have compensation for (6 months, 1 year etc.)

It was very hard to gather this information with people interjecting every 45 seconds. They were even interjecting over each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
what's the area in question if you don't mind me asking...
Burquitlam area near the Skytrain station. Basically any old building you see in the surrounding area will come down. One the buildings slated for demo is only 9 years old. I've looked at the 'rezone 'proposals' and basically a ton of the land here is being consolidated for high density developments. Will be a mix of affordable and non-affordable housing. Low rises / towers etc. Lougheed Town Centre will be well on its way before much gets started here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
should've done a youtube live

make some cash
Correct. Could've used it to pay rent!

Last edited by GS8; 07-26-2018 at 02:51 PM.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2018, 02:43 PM   #12517
I am Hook'd on RS

I rent. Sold my home Jan 2017. Walked away with a good amount of cash. Except couldn't buy anything with it that I wanted lol.. shouldn't have sold, but divorce..

Currently I rent - $2800 plus hydro, gas, water etc

5 bedroom 2800sqft home - not shared

It's not bad, considering a mortgage on this place would be more than double :/

There's some condos in the area being build... $970K asking price... forgetaboutit
XSSIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #12518

5 bedroom for $2,800 in Vancouver is a steal. Rent out the basement and you'll only pay like $1,600 for a home.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #12519
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
$2800 is good.

My neighbor rents his shitty 2br suite for $2300 a month, we get $1600 for ours, 1BR but ours is brand new (or was when tenants moved in)

both places have TV, internet, and Utilities included however
Old 07-26-2018, 03:30 PM   #12520
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
5 bedroom for $2,800 in Vancouver is a steal. Rent out the basement and you'll only pay like $1,600 for a home.
No basement. Main and up. Early 90s home.
XSSIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:43 PM   #12521

@HondaRacer

1BR basement or condo?

@XSSIV
That's solid early 90's home are still super new interior and exterior.

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Old 07-26-2018, 06:12 PM   #12522
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
My unitis North/west (angled) which I think is a very good middle ground between view and sun exposure.

In metrotown and paying $230 for 1000sqft.
I am in metrotown too(well soon I will be moving. paying $210 strata fee. I think is alright since heat/AC is included with a pool, hot tub and sunna exercise room...... 505 sq ft
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:19 PM   #12523
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post

Burquitlam area near the Skytrain station.

Correct. Could've used it to pay rent!
I live to live in that area till late 1990s early 2000s. It was a very nice area with a park, tennis court, base field, soccer field and playground. I was thinking of getting the high raise in that area but price seems way too high (on par with Burnaby) which isn't really worth it. Also that area doesn't have any staple store other than safeway (for now at least). I wonder how they will deal with Burquitlam cetner coz as of right now is pretty ghetto with only Safeway and Shoppers and McDonalds across the right with a few restaurant.
I know behind the park there are some townhome if I could find a good reasonable price unit there I wouldn't mind it but none are on sale......
Old 07-26-2018, 06:28 PM   #12524

Quote:
How's the market now, in terms of buyers and sellers? Is bidding wars for condos still the norm?
Depends, Housing market is slower, apartments from my experience one bedroom or one bedroom plus den seems to sell pretty well. Mine was above asking price but I price it a tiny bit below the average price around my area.

I went to a ton of open house and apt made with my agent to see 2 bedroom around North of Coq center. It seems there aren't as many buyers and some units did have their price reduce but those are shitty units (bad directions, need to repair, or bad design). Some have been in the market for 3 + months. But anything that's decent and is decently price are hard to come by. There are still sellers who think the market are still the same as 2016. So they overprice their unit and refuse to reality.

I have made a few offers but the seller outright rejected it with some even saying they aren't going to even look at the offer if it is below their asking price. Oh well their lose, wait a few more months when interest rate increase again. If you are buying my advice is before you even put in an offer set your price and look at places that's below, and above your price. Doesn't matter coz you get more experience and you will know why there is a price difference. Don't make any decisions base on what your agent said. Take the advice and think about it. There are lot's of place for sale now so if you miss a chance there are others out there.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-26-2018, 08:14 PM   #12525
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Was looking at the Esprit buildings by Highgate and they were priced decently, but so many of the units listed are directly outside the elevator. Parents saw it and immediately said no lol
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote