REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-28-2020, 06:24 PM   #16426
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
FB Marketplace + Vansky. However, the quality of candidates from FB is awful.

I'm going to toss it onto CL and Zumper too.
I've had great success with CL; people were often 30+ which filtered all the youngins who are 18-29 yr old punksters.
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2020, 07:44 PM   #16427
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,729 Times in 895 Posts
^^ yea I generally don't want the FB market place crowd or looking for room mate on FB type, FB is good to check their profiles to see what kinda lifestyle they are into type though.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:04 PM   #16428
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
FB Marketplace + Vansky. However, the quality of candidates from FB is awful.

I'm going to toss it onto CL and Zumper too.
I probably got 5 applications via CL compared to 20-30 back in spring of 2019. FB not so much but Zumper pretty much posts on your behalf via FB.
Zumper had a lot more but 90% of applications were horrible potentials. Out of about 30-40 applicants, I narrowed it down to two applicants. Expecting my new tenants for Oct 1 when I posted in late August.

Problem with a lot of tenants is their inability to answer preliminary questions. Things like number of people in suite, rough income, pets, etc. Really basic questions are usually met with vague responses or no reply.

I agree with the above, don't choose the first person out of desperation. I rather have it empty for a month than accept a lower than average tenant. Also, really compare the comps in rental prices in your area. If you're realistic and on par with other comparable units, don't drop rent price just because...you'll get the wrong tenant that way.
DA9ve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 06:45 AM   #16429
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,513 Times in 4,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
Have to give people benefit of the doubt, but numbers are always skewed. Thank you for this; every realtor I speak, they all say the market is fast, crazy and people are still buying so it's interesting to see a diff perspective.
It's The Georgia Straight; It's always skewed.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:00 AM   #16430
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
When I was trying to rent a house at the end of last year because I was having a terrible time finding one to buy after mine sold it was a terrible experience. I couldn't find anything, half the people that had homes for rent that I contacted didn't get back to me. It was such a terrible experience I was like fuck it, upped my budget and spent more on a house than intended just so I didn't have to look for a rental anymore. I was looking for an entire house, not a suite not sure if that makes a difference....

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:06 AM   #16431
RS Veteran

I think it does make a difference, mainly due to market availability of whole-house rentals, versus rental of a suite or a condo, or somebody's basement for that matter.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
Old 09-30-2020, 08:26 AM   #16432
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

what's your thoughts on epoxy garage floor?
developer, for new TH, is asking $2k for this upgrade(double garage). worth it?
or should I get 3rd party to do it after the completion? cheaper? better quality job?
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #16433
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,839 Times in 1,483 Posts
I’d say that is on the cheaper side. Get it done.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 12:07 PM   #16434
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,309 Times in 2,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
what's your thoughts on epoxy garage floor?
developer, for new TH, is asking $2k for this upgrade(double garage). worth it?
or should I get 3rd party to do it after the completion? cheaper? better quality job?
$2k for it is *cheap*! If it is the developer offering it for a new TH build, I'd definitely take it.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 01:13 PM   #16435
RS Veteran

Get it done. $2000 is a steal! Reply back to this thread in a few years to let us know the condition lol Some epoxy jobs can really suck in quality, and you'll see it within 3 - 5 years timeframe.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 03:13 PM   #16436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
$2k for it is *cheap*! If it is the developer offering it for a new TH build, I'd definitely take it.
what does it normally cost outside?
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #16437

Usually based on square foot. But I believe 5-6 sq/f. Double garage should be 400+sq/f
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #16438
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,359 Times in 5,657 Posts
There was another thread in the VAC where people were getting quoted 3500-5k which frankly is insane given what’s involved in it.

For 2k it’s kind of a “bulk” price for the new builds so you might as well take it if you’re interested
Old 09-30-2020, 08:52 PM   #16439
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

What material are they using?
From start to finish how is the work done?
What is the warranty?
VR6GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:27 AM   #16440

The good DIY kits are about $4-500 dollars. Then you need to rent the grinding machine, breathe in a shitload of dust. Check for moisture from the concrete (could be issue with new build??). Then paint it out.

I’d get them to do it, especially if there is a warranty. I think your issue will be moisture from newly poured concrete.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:41 AM   #16441
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,359 Times in 5,657 Posts
Dustless Hilti grinder with a fresh grinding disc can be rented for the day for under $150

Imo for a DIY project it’s pretty straight forward.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:29 PM   #16442

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
It looks like the market was pretty active last month:

https://www.rebgv.org/market-watch/m...mber-2020.html

We moved into a 90s cookie-cutter house with poly-b pipes last weekend. Insurance is getting more difficult to obtain for homes with poly-b - we were going to go with Wawanesa, but they are no longer insuring new clients with poly-b houses. At least we don't have in floor heating with poly-b. Something to be aware of for sure, particularly if you need to to make clean offers without an insurance eligibility clause.

Looking forward to having our walls cut out in a couple of weeks.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #16443
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapioca View Post
It looks like the market was pretty active last month:

https://www.rebgv.org/market-watch/m...mber-2020.html

We moved into a 90s cookie-cutter house with poly-b pipes last weekend. Insurance is getting more difficult to obtain for homes with poly-b - we were going to go with Wawanesa, but they are no longer insuring new clients with poly-b houses. At least we don't have in floor heating with poly-b. Something to be aware of for sure, particularly if you need to to make clean offers without an insurance eligibility clause.

Looking forward to having our walls cut out in a couple of weeks.
We have poly b as well when we bought 5 years ago. We got Td insurance and it wasn’t a problem.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:58 PM   #16444

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
We have poly b as well when we bought 5 years ago. We got Td insurance and it wasn’t a problem.
5 years ago, no one who owned a condo was facing 250K water damage deductibles.

A lot has changed in insurance unfortunately in a very short period of time.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 06:06 PM   #16445
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

[QUOTE=Tapioca;9001415]5 years ago, no one who owned a condo was facing 250K water damage deductibles.

A lot has changed in insurance unfortunately in a very short period of time.[/

Ya ya. Just letting you know if u need insurance Td does it. I have been renewing and they haven’t said anything.
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 PM   #16446
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Imo for a DIY project it’s pretty straight forward.
Depends if your garage is full of crap yet or not
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:44 AM   #16447
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

looking to sell my place
awkward question but do realtors get asked to split their commission often?
when I bought my place it was through a family friend which willingly did so, but he wasn't the greatest in terms of service.

am also looking to move / purchase, typically do people stick with their same realtor if they are looking somewhat simultaneously to buy and sell? (wasn't thinking of adding subjects but likely too difficult?)
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 12:02 PM   #16448
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Your are the client, and the Realtor works for you.

If you don't think their service is at the level you expect it to be, you should either think about switching to another realtor or have a discussion about that and see if it reflects in their fee. Here is where the "they're a family friend/extended family" thing often leads to dissatisfaction. If you expect them to work for you for "free", or at a massive discount because of family connections and whatnot, then you should expect to receive a commensurate amount of service.

There are good ones out there, and certainly a lot of bad ones. If you're looking for a recommendation, ask family and friends about their experience. If their reason for recommending someone is "Because he is so and so's father in-law and took care of us etc", thats basically saying nothing at all.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2020, 12:32 PM   #16449
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k4v4li View Post
looking to sell my place
when I bought my place it was through a family friend which willingly did so, but he wasn't the greatest in terms of service.

am also looking to move / purchase, typically do people stick with their same realtor if they are looking somewhat simultaneously to buy and sell? (wasn't thinking of adding subjects but likely too difficult?)
Someone on RS has a father that was a realtor for many years. If I recall correctly from the post, the level of service and the commission paid varies a lot and should be discussed prior to agreeing to work together. For example, you will do your own showings and the realtor will just list on the MLS for you.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #16450
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k4v4li View Post
looking to sell my place

You should be transparent upfront on what you want/expect. If you feel their service wasn't great last time, what makes you think this time using them again will be better? Family he said/she said, or used doesn't mean jack all as I know friends with family members being a realtor and they suck shit but no choice to use them since family/family relationship connection. My realtor answers all my questions and checks in time to time (building that connection), even when they know I ain't looking to sell/buy soon.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote