REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-26-2022, 10:12 PM   #21776
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,297 Times in 1,975 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb View Post
Life crumbled into the shitter lol. Bought it in the peak in 2016, as I thought I'd have a family to fill it with by now but that didn't work out. So my forever alone ass doesn't need a 3-bed townhouse because coming home to an empty house sucks + I think my time in this city (Coquitlam) and the lower mainland is done. Grateful that I managed to have it paid off but money really means fuck all without a greater purpose and just buying shit isn't a purpose. Life is short boys & girls, enjoy your time with your loved ones...

/lifestory /liferant
I would treat your home as a sanctuary. The world sucks, no doubt, but since we're all temporary visitors here, it's up to us to find and embrace what's good about it and to enjoy those things that make us happy. Then when it's time to rest at the end of the day, we return to the place we feel the safest: Our homes.

Maybe you just need to travel? With restrictions lifting, it's easier to just go somewhere and return when you want. At least your home is still where you left it and will be there for you when you return. Don't have to start life anew anywhere else.

Don't be a prisoner of your mind when the front door is wide open.
Advertisement
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2022, 08:35 AM   #21777
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,764 Times in 705 Posts
https://www.rew.ca/properties/402061...t-vancouver-bc

For $13M I expect more than this, but hey to each their own.

$3k/month maintenance fee.. yikes.

I remember when I was in a condo, when I went to Costco I would have to bring a full on dolly with containers to bring the load up. It would normally take at least two trips.. That was annoying.

I guess someone who owns this place isn't going to Costco? lol
PeanutButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:55 AM   #21778
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutButter View Post

I remember when I was in a condo, when I went to Costco I would have to bring a full on dolly with containers to bring the load up. It would normally take at least two trips.. That was annoying.

If you can afford a 13M condo with 33k in property tax, I think hauling groceries is probably someone else's problem lol
GGnoRE is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2022, 09:36 AM   #21779
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,396 Times in 5,670 Posts
Trumps PH’s are worlds above that one
Old 04-27-2022, 10:33 AM   #21780

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGnoRE View Post
If you can afford a 13M condo with 33k in property tax, I think hauling groceries is probably someone else's problem lol
I guess if I had that much money, I wouldn't go shopping myself?

Hmm. I've never thought of that.

Would I not go to Costco anymore? I'm going to be thinking about this all day haha
Old 04-27-2022, 10:38 AM   #21781

They most likely have a personal chef at that point. Home cooking would be for fun
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:04 AM   #21782
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,846 Times in 1,781 Posts
Anyone here ever use or have experience with the "Leaf Filter" gutter company?

I'm thinking about replacing my gutters this year, and just had someone out to do a quote. I like their product, but was really put off by the typical high pressure sales tactics. Price started at $29K, then offer "incentives" (like 10% if I display their sign on my property for 2 weeks, like give me a freaking break) to get it down to $21K, with a final call to the "ops manager" who offered another $1k off if I decided today. Give me your bottom line and go away while I make a decision. I don't give a shit about home reno shows which feature your product, or where you stack up in some sort of bullshit rating system. Yes I am going to get quotes from other companies, only a naive moron would not do that.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2022, 11:04 AM   #21783
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
I don't think they cook at all

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:18 AM   #21784

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post

I'm thinking about replacing my gutters this year, and just had someone out to do a quote. I like their product, but was really put off by the typical high pressure sales tactics. Price started at $29K, then offer "incentives" (like 10% if I display their sign on my property for 2 weeks, like give me a freaking break) to get it down to $21K, with a final call to the "ops manager" who offered another $1k off if I decided today. Give me your bottom line and go away while I make a decision. I don't give a shit about home reno shows which feature your product, or where you stack up in some sort of bullshit rating system. Yes I am going to get quotes from other companies, only a naive moron would not do that.
The minute he said if you decide today it's $21,000 I think I would have told him if you need a decision today the answer is no, thanks for your time.

Any idea how many LF of gutter? Seems high to me although I'll admit I don't know much about gutters. Materials are probably $15 to $35 a lf depending on type, installation could not be more than 2 guys 2 days but I'm guessing guys who do this all the time can do.it in less than a day.

That's my estimator brain not knowing a damm thing about gutters lol.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2022, 11:20 AM   #21785

That seems crazy for new gutters. Are they just traditional ones screwed into the fascia?
Old 04-27-2022, 11:20 AM   #21786

Thanked 31,186 Times in 7,166 Posts
I’ll pay myself $1000 a year to clean my own gutters for 20 years before I’d pay that. What a crock of shit. Just buy $100 worth of mesh and put it over top of your gutters.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2022, 11:24 AM   #21787

My dad paid a couple EI guys to clean their gutters and put the mesh or whatever to cover them. Pretty big house like 4000 sq ft but a lot of roof line and a few different levels etc.

I think he paid $4000 and they were there for 2 full days sun rise to sun set basically

Undercut everyone and endanger yourself and your employees and you’ll be a billionaire like manics cousin soon enough
Old 04-27-2022, 11:49 AM   #21788

About 280' of gutters (entire perimeter of house, + detached garage), new downspouts (10), new fascia and flashings. Just stand screw-on style.

I think this company just preys on old people.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2022, 11:55 AM   #21789

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I’ll pay myself $1000 a year to clean my own gutters for 20 years before I’d pay that. What a crock of shit. Just buy $100 worth of mesh and put it over top of your gutters.
It's not cleaning the gutters that's problem (I do that every year). It's just that they're old and haggard and leaking in a couple spots, they need to be replaced. I figured while I'm at it do the filter thing.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 04-27-2022, 12:04 PM   #21790

Hmm fascia and flashings add a lot of labour

With that said (and not knowing what the going price for gutters is) I’d think you should be able to get the same work done for half that
Old 04-27-2022, 12:14 PM   #21791
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post

We recently got a quote for new gutters at $4k cause some of the gutters are leaking around the corners. Ended up getting a guy to come fix them for a few hundo and see how things are this coming winter and we'll revisit next year whether if we want to replace things.
EvoFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:23 PM   #21792
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
We recently got a quote for new gutters at $4k cause some of the gutters are leaking around the corners. Ended up getting a guy to come fix them for a few hundo and see how things are this coming winter and we'll revisit next year whether if we want to replace things.
Care to share the contact info for your gutter fixer guy? I have a couple of leaks with my gutters as well, and the rain day drip drip drip sound is driving me nuts.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 01:54 PM   #21793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Hmm fascia and flashings add a lot of labour

With that said (and not knowing what the going price for gutters is) I’d think you should be able to get the same work done for half that
Yeah I agree, everyone I know says it should cost a lot less. I have some calls to a couple other companies.

The funniest thing was that I think the saleswoman was disappointed that my wife wasn't home. Her first question before delivering her sales schpiel was "Is there anyone else in the house who would have a part in making this decision?".

And then at the end of it, when I said that I needed time to review and think it over "Oh yeah of course, we wouldn't want you sleeping on the couch".

In my head I'm thinking "Bitch, my wife NEVER questions a single thing I spend our money on, especially not home improvements"
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2022, 02:18 PM   #21794

Lol fuck.. that 100% sounds like rehearsed/scripted pressure tactics, pretty gross
Old 04-27-2022, 02:26 PM   #21795
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
I guess if I had that much money, I wouldn't go shopping myself?

Hmm. I've never thought of that.

Would I not go to Costco anymore? I'm going to be thinking about this all day haha
Well, when you grace Vancouver with your presence for a couple of weeks/year you would let your assistants know so they could handle everything and coordinate with your chef(s)/housekeeper(s) to make sure you have the appropriate supplies for your stay. My wife's design firm had clients like that before. Assistants/staff do everything for them. Going to a restaurant? They better have a private room or it's crossed off the list. Mingle with the plebs at Costco?

Last edited by Alpine; 04-27-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:32 PM   #21796
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:

The realtor lady selling this unit, is she the lady in that reality show that was on last year or the year before.

No offense, but that's a shitty way to spend $13M. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 02:48 PM   #21797

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
The realtor lady selling this unit, is she the lady in that reality show that was on last year or the year before.

No offense, but that's a shitty way to spend $13M. lol
Yes. She's the one.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #21798
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,399 Times in 1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Yes. She's the one.
She's also the realtor accused of leaving death threats towards a local businessman saying she has mob connections.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...g-businessman/

Total piece of shit.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 03:58 PM   #21799

Quote:
I just ran into an old friend today.

He's 41 y.o. He has two town houses and one condo in Surrey (He had a house in Vancouver that he sold and moved to Surrey and bought all three houses). He told me he just sold one of the town houses for $1M, which he paid ~$300k for originally.

I asked him why he sold the town house and he said the market feels toppy and he believes macro-economically real estate is going to drop because of interest rates, so he wanted to realize some profits and he said once the market corrects he'll get back in.

I was super happy for him and extremely impressed by his portfolio, but I questioned if it was risky for him to try and time the market like he's doing. He said the main reason was that he didn't want to work that hard anymore. The pandemic changed his perspective, so he cut back his working hours to four days a week and a max of five hours a day. He reads utility meters all over the city. He said that was a six figure job??? Seems high, but I didn't question him.

He has two boys 10 and 14 and a wife, so they're going to take the money and go on vacation and just not stress as much anymore.

I just thought that was a super cool encounter I had today and thought some of you might be interested.
If any of you guys remember this encounter I had. I saw him again just now..

This asshole (edit; said in a very playful tone). He's now taking a two month sabbatical and going to the Philippines WITHOUT HIS WIFE AND KIDS.. haha this guy. His wife is still working and his kids are in school. Unreal.

Now, here's the kicker. This degenerate JUST bought FIVE one bedroom condo's on King George (pre-sale), $460k a piece and he's planning on flipping it in 2024. Within the next 12 months, the deposit schedule is 20% down.

He's swinging for the fences. Because if the market is in the shits in 2024, he's screwed. It's a pretty big risk to take, but he's just going. Geeeeeeeeese Louise

Last edited by PeanutButter; 04-27-2022 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Clarify tone of "This asshole"
Old 04-27-2022, 03:58 PM   #21800
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,931 Times in 3,881 Posts
If I'm dropping $13M I'd wanna see more than 9 photos of the place but that's just me.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote