REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:29 PM   #21826
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddy41 View Post
can you pls post a few more pics of what this looks like installed? TIA
Unfortunately I don’t seem to have any pictures of the finished frames and doors I’ll try to find sonthing similar. I found a few more pics though I thought people might find interesting.

So when I said mortise set, this is what I meant. The door is milled for these mechanisms to he set inside the door and it contains the handle and deadbolt portion. Much nicer and cleaner than a regular hand set/dead bolt

One of the shower details in a “regular” unit probably the 40/50th floor units

The aforementioned staircases in each of the penthouses:

And I even had pics of the PH plans if anyone wanted to take a look

Advertisement
Old 04-28-2022, 07:50 PM   #21827
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
I'm too poor to even look at those photos lol
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2022, 08:50 PM   #21828
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

My old house was $2600/yr with intact. $500k structure. Earthquake. 2 additional “families” for suites.

Moved into new place. $5000/yr. Same company and similar coverage but almost $1M for structure.

I think pricing vary a lot depending on company. My friend has an exact same house as us and 5 mins drive away. He pays around $3k a year. It was from a smaller company.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2022, 09:21 PM   #21829
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,422 Times in 918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
99 year leases are the norm IIRC although a quick search shows that the COV owned False Creek South lands has 60yr agreements.
How much is a renewal?

$1 - 2k/month?

2022 Velo N
2005 S2000
2007 CSX Type-S [Sold]
2002 RSX-S [T-Boned]
Gerbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 10:40 PM   #21830
Need to Seek Professional Help

Adding another data point for home insurance.

Renewal came in for us. $2500/yr with intact. I think it's 10% more than last year. $550k structure, includes earthquake and "enhanced" water damage package (sewer backup, overland water, water & sewer lines, ground water).
Earthquake & "enhanced" water damage package combined is ~$850.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2022, 06:39 AM   #21831
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

i just paid $2280 for mine

2000sqft house in coquitlam, nothing fancy but i have redone most of the house with better than "builder quality" renos.

that also includes an extra earth quake deductible "saver".

my base insurance actually went down from last year

my cousin does my insurance so i trust what he's getting me
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2022, 07:58 AM   #21832
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,121 Times in 531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
There were 3 separate PH units to begin with? Each had 2 floors plus the roof?

I dunno..it may not be a 3 harbour green in terms of the tiny details but imo the finishing and millwork was very good (with that said I never saw the PH’s finished)
Holborn/developer kept the PH. Decided to renovate to sell. Split the two floors to 3 units to be sold. Felt 10-20 million per is easier to sell than 60 million right?

I think if you do it nice and really make it different, asking for 60-80 wouldn't be a problem with the rich international clients.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2022, 08:35 AM   #21833
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Appreciate you guys sharing your detached home insurance pricing. Seems the range is $2000-2800 annually depending on home, location, size for comprehensive coverage.

I land right around there so will make the purchase today. Cheers.
Gh0st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 08:50 AM   #21834
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
If you're getting home insurance, you might want to take a quick look into who the underwriter is, and what their review rating is like:

https://insureye.com/Reviews/Home-In...eviews#results

When shxt happens, the way the claim is handled could be very different between a good underwriter company vs a bad one.

My home insurance is covered by Economical Insurance -- they have since turned into some other financial entity, but I believe they are still in the insurance game. When my parents' basement got flooded a few years ago, the entire claim process was very nicely and fairly handled. At the time, Economical had a higher rating (3+ stars) than they do now (1.8 lol~).

A friend was covered by Canadian North Shield, and the experience from a small fire claim has been horrible that dragged on for years.

So I'd say don't just look at the number. IMO, you'd want to take the claim experience into account as well since there could be a ton of work and a lot of $$$ involved if a claim is ever needed.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2022, 08:58 AM   #21835

It’s almost impossible to find subjective reviews on insurance companies though. We used the home insurance people to get quotes on ours, 115 year old house cost us $1680 without earthquake.

When you search reviews almost every underwriter has poor reviews because everyone is an idiot lol. So many reviews are like “this fucking company cancelled our policy or didn’t cover our claim because we ran out of money in our bank and they canceled our policy when they auto payment was declined!!!”

With that said, I’d highly recommend paying the insurance as a lump sum as opposed to payments lol
Old 04-29-2022, 09:06 AM   #21836
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,767 Posts
Quote:
So when I said mortise set, this is what I meant. The door is milled for these mechanisms to he set inside the door and it contains the handle and deadbolt portion. Much nicer and cleaner than a regular hand set/dead bolt
That's hilarious, what's old is seemingly new and in style again. I can say my old house has "fashionable" mortise locksets
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-29-2022, 09:08 AM   #21837

Mine does as well but mine have just been basically jimmyed back together to use a regular knob lol. My interior doors actually have the sets as well

Seem insane that it was a thing back in the day considering how complicated they are
Old 04-29-2022, 09:55 AM   #21838

Thanked 8,926 Times in 3,878 Posts
Quote:
It’s almost impossible to find subjective reviews on insurance companies though.
I know someone that used to handle claims for insurance and they unofficially told me that BCAA is the best to deal with. Apparently they'll approve stuff that other insurers wouldn't. For roughly the same coverage their quote was a loooooot higher than my current coverage (I think with Aviva through RBC).
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 10:03 AM   #21839

Oh yea all things equal I’d 100% stick with BCAA but they are known for jacking up their rates

Ours went from 1700 to 3400 for no reason. Basically was forced to dump them
Old 04-29-2022, 10:51 AM   #21840

Thanked 7,386 Times in 3,466 Posts
I switched my insurance for a rental property to Square one. They where cheaper than what I had and did not care my renter had a trampoline. I was also able to do it online.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:23 AM   #21841
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Don't ever get insurance from optimum insurance. I had a flood in my previous condo ( not our fault). The team that came into repair my unit did a piss poor job and the worse part of it all the claims adjuster closed our case without our authority once "repaired".
vash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 12:23 PM   #21842
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Oh yea all things equal I’d 100% stick with BCAA but they are known for jacking up their rates

Ours went from 1700 to 3400 for no reason. Basically was forced to dump them
Was with them for years and had same experience and never in my life have made a claim. They just keep jacking rate year over year and not a little.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 01:14 PM   #21843
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

was visiting TO last week, bros insurance is $600 a year for 8yo detached house
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 01:36 PM   #21844
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Was with them for years and had same experience and never in my life have made a claim. They just keep jacking rate year over year and not a little.
Same thing with us. We used to buy from them because of our BCAA discount but then they jacked up the rates for no reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 03:44 PM   #21845
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,206 Times in 385 Posts
Just a heads up if anyone has a welder at home your insurance is likely void. I have a Cnc milling machine in my garage that has flood coolant (literally floods the cutting bits in water) and the insurance company deemed it a fire hazard. Not once did they ask if I smoked or cooked which is a far greater fire hazard. I didn’t even mention the welders. I know multiple people that recently have had their insurance voided due to welders.
Old 04-29-2022, 04:38 PM   #21846

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
RBC insurance $140 a month. 2500 sq/ft house

We have renters now, so I need to add that to the policy, hopefully that doesn't go up too much.
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 04:39 PM   #21847
in the butt

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubfid View Post
Just a heads up if anyone has a welder at home your insurance is likely void. I have a Cnc milling machine in my garage that has flood coolant (literally floods the cutting bits in water) and the insurance company deemed it a fire hazard. Not once did they ask if I smoked or cooked which is a far greater fire hazard. I didn’t even mention the welders. I know multiple people that recently have had their insurance voided due to welders.
It's probably listed in the fine print on page 740, section 18, subsection J, subsubsection 4.40.82 of their insurance paperwork that noone ever reads.

As ive said before, an insurance company makes money every time you buy their product, and loses money every time you use their product.
They will try and use every possible reason to deny you coverage, based by the thousands of different fine prints in the contact, that you signed and never read.

If you are covered, they will use the cheapest method legally to "cover" your problems just like vash13s post

Same goes for life, travel, car, etc insurance

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 05:55 AM   #21848
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,171 Times in 961 Posts
https://www.zealty.ca/mls-R2681877/6...UE-Burnaby-BC/

$2.388m for a new build 2000sf duplex near Highgate. That's some really bold pricing there.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:25 AM   #21849

Thanked 2,752 Times in 700 Posts
That kitchen setup isn't the most efficient, that's for sure. And you don't get a fridge?
PeanutButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 08:59 AM   #21850
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,123 Times in 179 Posts
Quote:
We've been with BCAA for home (townhouse) and car insurance and it's been good so far, but we also haven't had to make a claim yet (beyond towing).
immorality is offline   Reply With Quote