REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #12576
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
Yep that was my listing. During last open house there was a total of 4 groups that came. Only 1 was interested to offer on it. Yea, I mean, I am sure I could have waited, but I am trying my luck on a two bedroom assignment right now. My realtor said that its definitely slow at the moment and the three towers combined have 30-40 listings. I think right now theres just too much competition in the development for 1 bedrooms.

I wish I knew you earlier so that you can buy mine haha. I knew I couldn't get anything higher since I was hitting close to same psf prices as Metrotown which shouldn't be possible.
Are your low raise or high raise? Coz high raise around metrotown is around $1200/sq ft for a one bedroom. low raise I am not sure but I would image it would be around $100sq ft for wood frame

I mean you could always sell your place and find a short term rental while you are searching. Or you used to be able to do that but NDP decided to kill off AirBnB and short terms in favor or long term rental.
Advertisement

Last edited by Mr.HappySilp; 08-01-2018 at 06:57 AM.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:44 AM   #12577
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,403 Times in 5,675 Posts
If your listing has been on the market for a month + and have had multiple open houses without a sale, imo you’re in a position of weakness at that point.

At least that’s how I felt selling our place
Old 08-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #12578
My homepage has been set to RS

going to be list my townhouse soon hopefully the market isn't too slow and we can sell our place and get out of this rat race!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:17 AM   #12579
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
going to be list my townhouse soon hopefully the market isn't too slow and we can sell our place and get out of this rat race!
Goodluck! Where's your townhome located? Moving to a detached I'm guessing?
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #12580
My homepage has been set to RS

^thanks my dude! located in Langley, trying to sell our place and move to west Kelowna to a detached house. Would be more central for us with wife's parents living in abby/chiliwack and my parents living in the kootneys. It would be easier for us for both of them to come and see us and vice versa. Plus with baby number 2 on the way would need something with a back yard that doesn't cost us 800k for a piece of shit detached house here lol
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2018, 10:11 AM   #12581
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,317 Times in 2,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
The strata seems to be on top of things and most owners did vote to increase strata fees to build the contingency fund for future maintenance (which is great since a lot of the apartment that's used for rentals the owner always vote to defer any maintenance work being done which turns the building into shit).
I wish more stratas are like this in terms of staying on top of things, but it isn't just a matter of the strata council. A good chunk of the reponsibilities fall on the residents as well.

In my rental apartment, they have some good people with good intentions for the building on the strata council (except for one elderly lady, but I digress), but their execution sometimes fall a bit short of their well-intentioned plans. And then we have residents who continue to make decisions that baffles me to no end.

In the most recent case, the strata corp has run into a deficit situation due to a higher than expected number of incidents happening last year. So OK, there is a deficit, and by provincial law, you have to deal with it within the following (fiscal) year. With a deficit like that, you either take money out from the contingency fund to cover it, or you raise a special levy to pay for it. Either way, it needs to be taken care of.

According to the financial statements, the contingency fund seems to be at an average level. As to the deficit, I don't remember the actual amount, but for my unit (which is one of the larger ones in the building), it worked out to be ~$300. IMO, $300 isn't pocket change, but it isn't a huge sum either. So the sensible thing to me is, just pay the special levy and move on. But in the infinite wisdom of the residents, the motion to pass the special levy was voted down. Council made it clear during the AGM that the deficit has to be settled one way or another, and made some good arguments against using the contingency fund for this. But no -- the motion was narrowly voted down, with something like a 55/45 split.

I can go on about other stories as well, but I need to run now, so I'll save those for later.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #12582
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,855 Times in 1,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
If your listing has been on the market for a month + and have had multiple open houses without a sale, imo you’re in a position of weakness at that point.

At least that’s how I felt selling our place
This pretty much applies to selling anything really.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2018, 03:00 PM   #12583
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
^thanks my dude! located in Langley, trying to sell our place and move to west Kelowna to a detached house. Would be more central for us with wife's parents living in abby/chiliwack and my parents living in the kootneys. It would be easier for us for both of them to come and see us and vice versa. Plus with baby number 2 on the way would need something with a back yard that doesn't cost us 800k for a piece of shit detached house here lol

i wish there was a POS detached house for 800k in the LML lol!
DA9ve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2018, 05:16 PM   #12584
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA9ve View Post
i wish there was a POS detached house for 800k in the LML lol!
https://www.rew.ca/properties/R22834...erty_click=map

$499k

61*125 lot
Old 08-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #12585
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,614 Times in 5,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Wow... ask and ye shall receive I guess
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #12586
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Wow... ask and ye shall receive I guess
I was thinking more along the lines, careful what you wish for.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:44 PM   #12587
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts

notbad

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:47 PM   #12588
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Nice detached! Everything needs to get detached haha. It's a court order sale too so it could go way lower or way higher than that. Hmmmm
Acurapinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 01:12 AM   #12589
Need my Daily Fix of RS

So... How's the pre-sale market? Still worth jumping into?
tr0ubl3s0m3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:35 AM   #12590
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,614 Times in 5,177 Posts
^
Yes. Just do it... because RS said so.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #12591
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0ubl3s0m3x View Post
Pre sale is getting very expensive. I would say all developers is pricing their pre sale at the future price. say if X project is to be completed in 2021 that's the price they will price it now. Since the market have been going up for the past few years developers have been pricing their pre sale with this upward trend.

However market is slowing and price have drop a bit. So when it comes to completetion the market might drop a lot already. I would say now is not a really good time to buy pre sale since price is way too high.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #12592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
This pretty much applies to selling anything really.
The thing with buying somthing off Craigslist etc is that you continually get new people coming and going there. Your ad gets bumped, it catches a new persons eye, they are no wiser that you’ve been selling it for an extended period of time

Someone looking in the area/building your selling in is usually pretty keen on keeping their eyes open to listings and when their realtor sees you’ve had a few open houses and the listing is 60 days old that’s when you start getting the low ball/under asking offers. If you’re in a state where you have pressure to sell, it’s a shitty place to be.

Only thing you can do really is make sure your unit is the best example for sale, then at least you have that leverage in negotiations
Old 08-02-2018, 11:09 AM   #12593
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0ubl3s0m3x View Post
Vancouver Home Sales For The Month of July At An 18 Year Low. This Is For All Property Types.

Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #12594
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,250 Times in 2,362 Posts
Danger will pre-sales is you're still buying high and who knows how high rates will go, what mortgage rules will change and what NDP foreign buyer tactics will pop up next year. Also biggest concern for me is what happens to all the people who bought pre-sales and can't qualify for a mortgage who will flood the market with assignments. This will put further downward pressure on prices.

Personally I'm sitting on the sidelines and waiting until next Spring to see where the RE market is heading. Right now a lot of people haven't received the memo and prices don't reflect the current state of the market. It'll take a few months for reality to set in.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #12595

^^ people have to remember some people like me who purchase pre sale between 2013 to 2016 we have it a very very very good price. Even if the market were to drop 20% we will have money. But for now is not a good deal. I just heard Brentwood Concord is 680k + for a one bedroom. That's around $1346+ per sq ft. That's a lot! I think when I got mine it was around $590 per sq ft. Price is double lol.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #12596

no one thought it was a "good" deal when you bought either though
Old 08-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #12597
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Pre-sales were never cheap and the same "keep waiting" was said back then too.

You cant predict the future or time the market. Just get in and worry about the consequences after.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-02-2018, 04:29 PM   #12598
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Pre-sales were never cheap and the same "keep waiting" was said back then too.

You cant predict the future or time the market. Just get in and worry about the consequences after.
I know a few people that bought into the Wall Centre Central Park and have easily doubled their money after selling. WCCP was a great buy for both investment and living.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #12599
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,250 Times in 2,362 Posts
Hopefully the people who made money flipping WCCP paid taxes because the CRA announced last week they're probing WCCP, Trump Tower and the Tempo project in Richmond. This is another reason the presale market will cool down.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:51 PM   #12600
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
I know a few people that bought into the Wall Centre Central Park and have easily doubled their money after selling. WCCP was a great buy for both investment and living.
Im saying presales was always overpriced. Luckily the market kept rising rapidly where you made out like a bandit.
Ludepower is offline   Reply With Quote