REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #51
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
People started using the "mayans can't even predict their own death" because they think it's a strong argument without studying how the mayan predicts these dates.

I am not saying that it's going to happen or not going to happen, I'm just saying, don't be ignorant.

First, the mayans uses astrology to predict future events. That is why they are so precise on the rise and set of the moon, I think it was by like 0.03 seconds or something.

Second, they MIGHT have predicted their extinction, but death is inevitable. Without the technology we had today, it was probably impossible for them to evade the rapid climate change.

Lastly, as said before, the "end of the world" is not exactly the end. It's just the end of our age and as of 12/21/2012, it will begin a new age. More natural disasters, shifting of consciousness, spiritual awakenings. And by these I mean, people will natural make better decisions, sympathy and empathy might increase for the majority of the population. I can get into details but it would be totally off topic and requires a more intellectual discussion.
Since you obviously have a very high level of understanding and intellect regarding future events; I invite you to return to this thread and provide insight into events as they unfold.
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #52
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
I doubt the world will end or anything drastic is gonna happen. Any of you guys remember reading about Baba Vanga? LOL looks like the human race will survive till at least year 5000. YAY IMMORTALITY!!

Baba Vanga predictions 2010 – 5079 « Mr. Lighthead
Posted via RS Mobile
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #53
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
I can get into details but it would be totally off topic and requires a more intellectual discussion.
Alright, go. I am sure some of us can rangel up some ape-like intelligence to join your pissing match.

Come on...wooo us.
Posted via RS Mobile
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #54
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Bump. Tminus 5 hours
Posted via RS Mobile
zx7rrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #55
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
well i wouldn't count on it happening exactly at midnight, give them some time :P

what's interesting is there's a BBC documentary where a guy talks to Mayans in Guatemala and they have no idea wtf he's talking about when he mentions the end of the mayan calendar

then the host finds a scholar who says the notion of "doomsday" is a western construct because christians desire the end of the world and western culture enjoys it etc etc

Last edited by StylinRed; 12-20-2012 at 07:52 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2012, 06:56 PM   #56
HELP ME PLS!!!

its already Dec 21st in other parts of the world
Last edited by sexyaccord on 69-69-6969 at 69:69 PM
sexyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:07 PM   #57

^^ its the 22nd for that part of the world
Old 12-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #58
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
it's supposed to happen when you can see the serpents back at chitzen itza
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #59
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

its in our time zone cuz its in peru
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #60
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts

i'll repeat this one more time here : mayans did not predict the end of the world, it's the end of this cycle and the start of a new one.. they have various calendars.. this "end of world" is just foolish misunderstanding

however, i will say that there will be a change occuring hence their calendar ending, and it's not anything to do with meteors striking earth or that sort of thing hehe
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

Still an excuse to go party. On my way to an end of the world party shortly... BOOYA

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:01 PM   #62
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,578 Times in 4,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
Mexico not Peru
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #63
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
People started using the "mayans can't even predict their own death" because they think it's a strong argument without studying how the mayan predicts these dates.

I am not saying that it's going to happen or not going to happen, I'm just saying, don't be ignorant.

First, the mayans uses astrology to predict future events. That is why they are so precise on the rise and set of the moon, I think it was by like 0.03 seconds or something.

Second, they MIGHT have predicted their extinction, but death is inevitable. Without the technology we had today, it was probably impossible for them to evade the rapid climate change.

Lastly, as said before, the "end of the world" is not exactly the end. It's just the end of our age and as of 12/21/2012, it will begin a new age. More natural disasters, shifting of consciousness, spiritual awakenings. And by these I mean, people will natural make better decisions, sympathy and empathy might increase for the majority of the population. I can get into details but it would be totally off topic and requires a more intellectual discussion.
OK, you're on. It's now time for you to begin explaining the details of unfolding events.

I'm PM'ing this thread link to you so you don't forget.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #64

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
if you're caught up in your belief system that nothing is going to happen then you will reject proof no matter how much evidence you're given.. best is to just take it with an open mind, with some healthy skepticism to go along
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #65

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
I WILL FAP THIS DOOMSDAY AWAY!!!!

FAP FAP FAP!!!! MUST FAP THE DEMONS AWAY!!!!

brb, fapping.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
I WILL FAP THIS DOOMSDAY AWAY!!!!

FAP FAP FAP!!!! MUST FAP THE DEMONS AWAY!!!!

brb, fapping.

(closed caption for subtitles)
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #67
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
I looked through my Facebook feed to see who was prophesying about the end of the world so I knew who to delete. Looks like I don't know any gullible folks
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #68
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
im stocking up on

liquor
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #69
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
so what time is this planetary alignment supposed to be at?
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #70
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
All this end of the world talk just makes me think of Europe - The Final Countdown hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyggY_R3jU8

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2012, 10:55 PM   #71
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowda9 View Post
Those are the Inca...and many other south american pre-columbian cultures.

but thanks for coming out!
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #72
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Dec. 21 2012, the day the first youtube video to get 1 billion views
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #73
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
well, the mayans were how many years ago? 2000 B.C - 300 A.D?

mayan calendars dont account for leap years which weren't introduced until 45 B.C by julius caeser...so since we follow with leap years...thats 1 day every 4 years...over a span of 2000 years...according to the mayans...our 2012 12 12 should have been a loooong time ago.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #74

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancini View Post
OK, you're on. It's now time for you to begin explaining the details of unfolding events.

I'm PM'ing this thread link to you so you don't forget.
I think you're under the impression that on 12/21/2012, something drastic, traumatic, instantaneous will happen.

I believe that this is the day where majority of the world will begin a new awakening. It will not happen before your eyes and it might have already started a few months or even a year ago.

Maybe try to observe how your friends or the people around you are behaving. Keep in mind though that I am using the world begin so maybe in the course of the next year or so, it will really start to become noticeable.

I can't remember off the top of my head what those details were that day when I posted that, but it was something along the line of karma, law of vibration and that our thoughts are not generated through our brains but through our soul. Every little events or situation you get into at this point will have an impact on your life.

Not everyone is in the conscious state where they'll realize that "this" happened today was because "I did that the other day". But eventually people will become more aware and maybe react to their awareness of things. The world won't just change at the blink of an eye and it certainly won't change over the course the week. But if people wakes up and start seeing things, starts telling, teaching, and sharing their thoughts, it'll spread because thoughts have vibration in them and can go from one to another subconsciously.

You might not see any changes in the people around you, your dad might still be that grumpy old man that thinks negatively, or one of your friend might still be that shy guy who doesn't want to talk to girls because he thinks negatively of himself. If you are in the conscious state to see that these are happening, you can make a change for them positively. Notify them, let them be aware of themselves. They are in a state where they don't see it from a third person perspective, a positive perspective. Get into a discussion with them about positivity and how it will benefit them in life. Positivity and negativity are very contagious. You allow one to stay negative, his surrounding friends and family will gradually adapt to it. Be the one to judge in a fair way if one is negative or positive and talk about how one can approach it differently next time.

Again, you can't change a persons thought in one day, but if you continue to become positive and tell them how they can pursue things in a positive way and manner, gradually they'll change over time. You'll be surprised at how many people don't even want to realize about themselves. It's so easy to just get by the day without thinking if they're right or wrong, good or bad, and just complain and whine and rant about their day. Take everyday as a lesson and learn from it. Do you think you're put in this world, in your family and friend's presence for a purpose? You're here for a purpose, every one is, and that is to take the initiative to make others realize of their actions that are bringing negativity to everyone else. Don't be the dud that sits there and watch everything as it goes by, make a change where it's necessary and help your fellow friends and family. People are only negative, evil and bad because they are taught that way and left it that way.

All this might sound gibberish to you because there is no proven fact or events where one can witness. It's what you believe and how you see it. It's through so many events in my life that made me open my mind and started believing in forgiveness and love and that every one of us truly has a soul. The next time you want to take revenge on someone you hate, just remember, what they did, they will pay for it. The steps they took to do any harm or bad stuff to you, will lead their life into one situation where it'll make them realize that they should become a better person. I don't know how many times I've told my friend not to do some of the stuff he do. And later when something happens to him, I will always remind him, this happened because he decided to do what you did before.

So the next time something happens to you, just think back to one recent moment in your life where you did something to directly or indirectly affect somebody physically or emotionally.
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #75
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
^ i get you bro.

634798639221257881.jpg
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote