REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #76
I subscribe to Revscene

In that videos description it names an SNL writer and Kids in the Hall producer who killed himself and left a suicide note which denounced isreal.

I remember reading our Global? news online which took parts of his note but edited the top main isreali comments... so they fraudulently made it look like his suicide letter had no mention of his political beliefs... and misrepresented a dead mans last words.
Advertisement
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #77
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Can we have some hard sources for that accusation? I mean, something better than a YouTube comment.

If I believed YouTube comments, my mother is a whore and I suck wild cocks all day. I can't suck wild cocks all day. I've got stuff to do!
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #78
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
The internet has a foot print of past reports, show me one report exposing 911 was an inside job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHRMozyOVtk
Well done on deflecting.
Posted via RS Mobile
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #79
I subscribe to Revscene

You can't handle the truth?

El Bastardo, which site is the Global, local one?
Find the original note, which should take awhile to track down, and compare it to the Global one, I cant find it from a quick look.

"Joe Bodolai" "suicide note"
Old 10-19-2012, 12:32 PM   #80

Quote:
You can't handle the truth?

El Bastardo, which site is the Global, local one?
Find the original note, which should take awhile to track down, and compare it to the Global one, I cant find it from a quick look.

"Joe Bodolai" "suicide note"

IF THIS WERE Y0UR LAST DAY ALIVE WHAT WOULD YOU DO? « Say It Ain't So, Joe!

Global BC | Canadian TV writer Joe Bodolai commits suicide, was 63

Okay. So a draft dodger who worked in the entertainment industry references Israel in his suicide note. Global also failed to mention that he talked about his SAT scores, gay marriage, and illegal activities by the CIA. It doesn't mean they're slanting the news. And it doesn't mean they're zionist pig dog illuminati new world order shadow lizard people by not mentioning it.

What I'm having a hard time understanding is how this has anything to do with Terrence Nelson speaking to PressTV about native issues in Canada.
She taught me right from wrong and always told me to stay positive and help others no matter how small the deed - that helping others gives us meaning to carry on. The sun is out today and it's a new day. Life is good. I just needed a slap in the face.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #81
I subscribe to Revscene

edit
Thats not the right Global one, the one I saw had kept the top format of the note but edited the political points. It was very disrespectful in what they did... it was as if; here we have provided the main part of the note... no need for you to look for the original and read what he said about isreal.

Anyways, you guys are questioning the Iranian news channels credibility when this chiefs visit and public announcement of Canada's crimes dont make it on the national tv news, atleast it doesnt show a clip of these developments on their tv video website clips.
I doubt any new developments are going to happen anytime soon... no need to keep bumping this thread.

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 10-19-2012 at 12:57 PM. Reason: new points added
Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #82
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
What do these "human rights violations" encompass, exactly?

If his goal is to slander Canada, then perhaps he should refrain from coming back, because the money his people get comes from how well Canada is doing economically. Making people believe that Canada is as good as Nazi Germany contradicts that statement entirely, what he is essentially saying is "I hate the Canadian government and the money it constantly gives me."

So I ask again, what is the purpose of a first nations chief speaking to Iranian leaders? Shouldn't he be leading a campaign in Canada over such "human rights violations"? Does he really think that the people of Iran are going to give a fuck, let alone do anything about it?

The audience that matters is right here, and I haven't seen any kind of resistance in terms of a serious campaign to stop whatever is bothering them. Perhaps they have made noise in the past, but it wasn't loud enough for me to hear it, you could say that it's loud enough because we're talking about it right now, but that's only because some exiled chief is making an ass of himself overseas.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #83
I subscribe to Revscene

I would say PressTV has had the most true and intellectual humanitarian rights speakers on its channel in the world. It will forever gaining popularity that is why its being banned in Europe for the second time. Terry has bravely chosen the right channel for the world to know the first nations and Canadian issues.

I dont know if members want this thread constantly going, maybe MindBomber can make some comments to your points and I can rebuttal my views too after.
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #84

It doesn't matter what outlet is recording the conversation, what matters is why he is talking to Iranian leaders over a Canadian domestic issue, when there is really nothing Iran can do about it. A better use of resources would be to rally the people of the first nations groups in Canada and make noise, all this comes off as, is a personal grab for attention.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #85
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
It's important that indigenous people worldwide work to together to change the contemporary culture that colonization removes entitlement to any measure of ownership over land and the assets it holds, and not solely because an economic benefit can be derived. An indigenous peoples connection to land is a fundamental component of both spirituality and traditional lifestyle, and stripping entitlement to any degree of ownership makes it dramatically more difficult, if not impossible, to maintain these elements of a culture. The systematic eradication of indigenous culture in centuries past makes that all the more important. Canadian's pride ourselves in the fact that we don't require immigrants to check their culture at the door, as it were, but until only recently non-ancestral Canadians demanded First Nations abandon their culture. Everyone here is familiar with the Haida people, but how many know that a century ago all Haida people could fluently speak the Haida language, and currently only 30 people who can speak the language remain, all elders. When a culture has been left in ruins, preserving every element left of it possible becomes very important, and that's part of the reason land rights is a hard fought battle.

That's not to say indigenous people are against progress. With the exception of the most extreme elements, indigenous people are happy to share space, just as long as fair balance is achieved. By the indigenous people of Canada working with those of America, Australia, South America, Mongolia, and so on, we can create a worldwide shift in thought. Progress in Canada setting precedence for re-negotiation of treaties in America, and progress within North America setting precedence for United Nations standards that impact developing countries indigenous people.

If Iran legitimately wants to help raise the status of indigenous culture worldwide it is commendable and will have a ripple effect, and part of helping is bringing to light the human rights violations governments don't like talking about, because it looks bad and scares away resource development. That's the idea of bringing Nelson on PressTV. Nelson is an idiot on an extreme in First Nations politics and doesn't represent our people well, so I still think that Iran should have chosen someone else... like, almost anyone else.

Work within an indigenous peoples given country is still the highest priority of course.

I still think Iran is primarily interested in bashing Western countries, but there could be some good intentions present as well. Western countries do the same thing with our media, so you can't really be too hard on Iran for doing it.

One thing that comes to mind when discussing media.

America and it's 60 year battle against the 'evil commies' that's mostly baseless.

Compared to the North Korean propaganda film that was posted awhile ago, and it's basically dead on with it's criticisms of America.

/slightly impaired post

lets move onto what we're really all interested in now...

How's the paper mache coming along?

Last edited by MindBomber; 10-19-2012 at 03:07 PM.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #86

That's... exactly what I wanted to know, without the element of lizard zionists from Mars.

At least I know why they are pissed off, now it's just figuring out what is fair for them.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #87
Need to Seek Professional Help

I can't believe such an insightful post came out of such a garbage thread. MindBomber you should start a thread about First Nations issues and post news as well as your own analysis of the situation. I know I would follow it and I'm sure many others would.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #88
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
/slightly impaired post

How's the paper mache coming along?
Yeah, I have yet to see your creation on the road Arash, even though you backed THAT up with so much passion and said you'd have a non-paper mache car ready. OH WAIT, you're just backing up your crazy ideas again and not listening to anyone else by deflecting the argument.

I've seen this before, and it's hilarious how the discourse is exactly the same.

Edit* Look at me divert attention away from the original argument like you! At least what I'm asking is relevant to YOU!

Last edited by RacingMetro92; 10-19-2012 at 05:07 PM.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #89
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
That was tried before by Native_Russ. He basically got shat on and fed up.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #90
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodamaster View Post
What do these "human rights violations" encompass, exactly?
Are we back to page one on this one?

If his goal is to slander Canada, then perhaps he should refrain from coming back, because the money his people get comes from how well Canada is doing economically.
Slander? refrain from coming back? The money he gets because Canada is doing so well?

I thought MindBomber would touch up on your ridiculous comments but its back to square one with you. I dont have time or the energy to respond to this silliness and the rest of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post

If Iran legitimately wants to help raise the status of indigenous culture worldwide it is commendable and will have a ripple effect, and part of helping is bringing to light the human rights violations governments don't like talking about, because it looks bad and scares away resource development. That's the idea of bringing Nelson on PressTV. Nelson is an idiot on an extreme in First Nations politics and doesn't represent our people well, so I still think that Iran should have chosen someone else... like, almost anyone else.

Nice post so far except it appears that Nelson and friends were the ones who sought help from other countries and all of them ignored him as he says in his longer, full video.
Whether you like it or not, Nelson is obviously leading this campaign and from watching his interviews he's dam good.

/slightly impaired post
How's the paper mache coming along? Its going good

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 10-27-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #91
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
Whether you like it or not, Nelson is obviously leading this campaign and from watching his interviews he's dam good.
WHAT campaign? MindBomber has pointed out multiple times that the First Nations community wants nothing to do with Nelson, so if anything he's there on a personal vendetta. This "campaign" is 20% awareness, 80% Nelson talking out of his ass about his stance on First Nations issues that probably got him ousted in the first place.

Last edited by CorneringArtist; 10-20-2012 at 06:32 AM.
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #92
I subscribe to Revscene

CorneringArtist your talking out of your ass, what in his interview is 80% Nelson?
Just because Im Iranian and watch Iranian TV, does that make me an authority on what Iranian people think?
Old 10-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #93
Need to Seek Professional Help

Apparently it makes you an authority on zionist lizard illuminati
Old 10-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #94
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Quote:
CorneringArtist your talking out of your ass, what in his interview is 80% Nelson?
Just because Im Iranian and watch Iranian TV, does that make me an authority on what Iranian people think?
A "NO U" rebuttal, why am I not surprised. And to answer your question, you strongly pass yourself off as a harbinger for the Iranian people, since you seem to completely dismiss anything critical of Iran, but fail to properly answer said critics.
Posted via RS Mobile
CorneringArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #95
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #96
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
No but apparently because Nelson happens to have been born native and is currently elected by less than 2150 people to his LOCAL chieftan position it makes him an authority on what all other native people think, among other things.

Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.

Last edited by Brianrietta; 10-20-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #97
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Just because Im Iranian
An Iranian who lives in Vancouver and complains about Canadian Human rights. You can now STFU.

I eagerly await the day when Israel levels Irans nuclear ambitions back to the stone age.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #98
Fabulous Rugby Quad Sports Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
An Iranian who lives in Vancouver and complains about Canadian Human rights. You can now STFU.

I eagerly await the day when Israel levels Irans nuclear ambitions back to the stone age.
TRUTH. However, already tried that. He'll call you racist for some stupid reason Then somehow he finds a bullshit way of deflecting your statement with another one completely off topic.
RacingMetro92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #99
I subscribe to Revscene

Isreal is a big military base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
No but apparently because Nelson happens to have been born native and is currently elected by less than 2150 people to his LOCAL chieftan position it makes him an authority on what all other native people think, among other things.
Give Ron Paul the proper air time and he could be victorious too.

If everyone wokeup and put Nelson in power, he would throw out the illegal national debt... or atleast we'd choose someone who does.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:27 PM   #100

Hes right. He was right all along. I found his source.

This post thanked by: